Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

Post your drift race creations here.
I'll start, here's my sorta drifty race:

Www.I'll.add.the.link.later.com

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:27 AM Edited by FR_Player-One, 03 February 2014 - 04:49 PM.

lazy link^ ? lol Gymkhana tracks are welcome too.

on PS3
Here's my first one (simple) :
DRIFT Maze Arena Parking

And my second one (very long and very difficult) :
DRIFT City Breakdown

theswagsurfer
  • theswagsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Here was my attempt at a gymkhana/drifting style race in a parking garage...

http://rsg.ms/MSlAob

That was the first time using the content creator. The thing I noticed with parking garage races, esp this one, is that the creator assumes a checkpoint on the first floor is a checkpoint on the 3rd floor as well, thus taking that place for all floors. Took me an hour or two to sort out the checkpoints just to have it an actual race, and it didnt turn out like I had hoped.  Any one else have thoughts on parking garages?

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

That was the first time using the content creator. The thing I noticed with parking garage races, esp this one, is that the creator assumes a checkpoint on the first floor is a checkpoint on the 3rd floor as well, thus taking that place for all floors. Took me an hour or two to sort out the checkpoints just to have it an actual race, and it didnt turn out like I had hoped.  Any one else have thoughts on parking garages?

Then why post it when you are allready saying it failed and you dont even like it yourself? Not trolling, honest question.

theswagsurfer
  • theswagsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Then why post it when you are allready saying it failed and you dont even like it yourself? Not trolling, honest question.

Not saying it failed, just problems with the checkpoints made it difficult to create it how I envisioned. Take a look at it and let me know what you think, I posted to get honest reviews, am open to any suggestions/comments.

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

Not saying it failed, just problems with the checkpoints made it difficult to create it how I envisioned. Take a look at it and let me know what you think, I posted to get honest reviews, am open to any suggestions/comments.

Ah ok, I tried adding it but got an error message because it's PS3 and I'm XBOX. :/ You can try the rate the track above me thread (that is PS3).

theswagsurfer
  • theswagsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Ah ok, I tried adding it but got an error message because it's PS3 and I'm XBOX. :/ You can try the rate the track above me thread (that is PS3).

Ah thats a bummer. I know the networks are different, but you'd think since its all on social club, they would let you play any of them since its all the same thing

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:34 PM Edited by XJpostman, 04 February 2014 - 05:34 PM.

Most of mine are gymkhana/autocross tracks. I just tend to enjoy those more myself so that's what I feel like I do best. I've only got 5 or so right now but more to come!

PS3

http://socialclub.ro...ames/gtav/jobs/

If the link doesn't work properly let me know, I can't click the share button on my phone for some reason.

CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:47 AM

[PS3]

Drifter's Daze

http://socialclub.ro...-A?platformId=2

Horse Punch II

http://socialclub.ro...cg?platformId=2

The Tataviam Stakes

http://socialclub.ro...Pg?platformId=2

All content

http://socialclub.ro...ames/gtav/jobs/

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

Xbox 360:

Plaza Drift

http://rsg.ms/MZNL4G

PS3:

Drift-Through Demon

http://rsg.ms/N09SYL

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:26 PM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 05 February 2014 - 01:34 PM.

PS3

Hairpin LSC: http://rsg.ms/1fQfCxL

Tiny Drift: http://rsg.ms/1fQhyGw

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:19 PM Edited by Fachuro, 05 February 2014 - 05:29 PM.

on PS3
DRIFT Maze Arena Parking

DRIFT City Breakdown

Just played through this, and I love alot of the ideas you use.  Can't say I fell in love with the track as is however, as it got a bit much, which I felt reduced the quality on individual sections.  For example, you're spread out so thin you don't have enough checkpoints to properly mark direction, making it a must to pay attention to the map at all times, it wasn't horrible, but could be alot better if you broke the map up into several smaller races, and focused more time, props and checkpoints on making each drift section as good as possible.  Avoid the long stretches, and instead finish the circuit.  I absolutely loved most of the drift sections, and would just really want to see more quality time put down on each individual section.  The map as a whole didn't do it for me, but if you make it into maybe 4-5 different races it could work very well, and become some of my favourite races ;-)  Breaking it down like that would also free up more of the props for each race to be made better.  I'd also avoid the whole 2-3 laps around in a circle parts, as it feels kinda pointless to be covering the same ground several times per lap, keep it down to maybe doing a S shape through that area and then moving out.  Doing this will also make it more worthwhile practicing the races to learn them by heart.  I love how most of the drift sections have been made quite challenging to do efficiently, which adds alot of replay value to it for me once it's been broken up into smaller races :-)

Maze Arena Parking: Very fun little circuit, not all that much proper drifting as the straights get a little too long for that, but still very entertaining ;-)  I notice you're very apt at your prop placement, which is a good thing ;-)

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:02 PM Edited by GTAMYBABIES, 05 February 2014 - 11:39 PM.

Xbox 360:

Plaza Drift

PS3:
Drift-Through Demon

I just played Drift through Demon and I liked it used my Sultan and was like butter.

Best parts: section through the Up n Atom burger and the parking garage and the fact you implemented a stunt jump. Good job. I stunt a lot and have made over 60 tracks but I only made one stunt jump. Koodos.

I will try to try everyone elses as im getting hooked on drifting in this game.

Let off gas then hit brake and turn at same time and then accelerate outta that sweet burn you just put on the tarmac.

I just made this. You inspired me.
http://rsg.ms/1fSPv9a
  • Fachuro likes this

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

Xbox 360:

Plaza Drift

PS3:
Drift-Through Demon

I just played Drift through Demon and I liked it used my Sultan and was like butter.

Best parts: section through the Up n Atom burger and the parking garage and the fact you implemented a stunt jump. Good job. I stunt a lot and have made over 60 tracks but I only made one stunt jump. Koodos.

Let off gas then hit brake and turn at same time and then accelerate outta that sweet burn you just put on the tarmac.

Will try it later ;-)  And I actually don't let off the gas at all when I play drift races :p  Works much better once you get used to it, tap brake and handbrake repeatedly at appropriate times to control speed and drifts.

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

on PS3
DRIFT Maze Arena Parking

DRIFT City Breakdown

Just played through this, and I love alot of the ideas you use.  Can't say I fell in love with the track as is however, as it got a bit much, which I felt reduced the quality on individual sections.  For example, you're spread out so thin you don't have enough checkpoints to properly mark direction, making it a must to pay attention to the map at all times, it wasn't horrible, but could be alot better if you broke the map up into several smaller races, and focused more time, props and checkpoints on making each drift section as good as possible.  Avoid the long stretches, and instead finish the circuit.  I absolutely loved most of the drift sections, and would just really want to see more quality time put down on each individual section.  The map as a whole didn't do it for me, but if you make it into maybe 4-5 different races it could work very well, and become some of my favourite races ;-)  Breaking it down like that would also free up more of the props for each race to be made better.  I'd also avoid the whole 2-3 laps around in a circle parts, as it feels kinda pointless to be covering the same ground several times per lap, keep it down to maybe doing a S shape through that area and then moving out.  Doing this will also make it more worthwhile practicing the races to learn them by heart.  I love how most of the drift sections have been made quite challenging to do efficiently, which adds alot of replay value to it for me once it's been broken up into smaller races :-)

Maze Arena Parking: Very fun little circuit, not all that much proper drifting as the straights get a little too long for that, but still very entertaining ;-)  I notice you're very apt at your prop placement, which is a good thing ;-)

Awesome, thanks you for playing and for the feedbacks, really appreciate it :)

Yes I have to admit that City Breakdown is really long, and came up much different than what I imagined. Especially because of the limitations of checkpoints and props I had to really do the strict minimum.
Once you know the tract it's fine, but yeah for the first time it may be kind of hard to figure out exactly where and how to go if you are alone.

The thing is it's was made like a "control your Futo in every situation possible in one run and see if you really master that car" in mind. Fast or slow, large or tight path etc offering various challenges.
I was afraid that splitting section would be to short and wouldn't know how to link or close them individually.

About the circle part, it's 2 laps on each direction. Again, an amateur drifter can easily pass it if it was a S shaped thing, a good drifter could do it if it was 1 lap + 1 lap without too much problem. I found that 2 laps on each was the biggest challenge, it's actually not that long if you pull the drift correctly and manage to keep it, the car will turn around it almost by itself.
It also breaks the rythm of the race, like in a gymkhana, go there, do laps, and go somewhere else etc.

There is an optimal way to take every turn. It take some times and tries (try) to figure out how tho.

The Maze Parking one is actually a really old track, I used to do it in single player even before Online was up lol. It works well with the RH8 surprisingly. Not a complex track, pretty simple to practice your control, evantually drifting on herpines.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

on PS3
DRIFT Maze Arena Parking

DRIFT City Breakdown

Awesome, thanks you for playing and for the feedbacks, really appreciate it :)

Yes I have to admit that City Breakdown is really long, and came up much different than what I imagined. Especially because of the limitations of checkpoints and props I had to really do the strict minimum.
Once you know the tract it's fine, but yeah for the first time it may be kind of hard to figure out exactly where and how to go if you are alone.

The thing is it's was made like a "control your Futo in every situation possible in one run and see if you really master that car" in mind. Fast or slow, large or tight path etc offering various challenges.
I was afraid that splitting section would be to short and wouldn't know how to link or close them individually.

About the circle part, it's 2 laps on each direction. Again, an amateur drifter can easily pass it if it was a S shaped thing, a good drifter could do it if it was 1 lap + 1 lap without too much problem. I found that 2 laps on each was the biggest challenge, it's actually not that long if you pull the drift correctly and manage to keep it, the car will turn around it almost by itself.
It also breaks the rythm of the race, like in a gymkhana, go there, do laps, and go somewhere else etc.

There is an optimal way to take every turn. It take some times and tries (try) to figure out how tho.

The Maze Parking one is actually a really old track, I used to do it in single player even before Online was up lol. It works well with the RH8 surprisingly. Not a complex track, pretty simple to practice your control, evantually drifting on herpines.

The circles aren't any more difficult by adding more, my point was more that it gets boring doing that many laps just in a circle, and it seems kinda pointless.  If you do an S or several laps wont really affect the difficulty much, it just turns it into a donut-endurance, which I'm afraid will deter people from the track as a whole.  As I said, I liked the drifts in the track, but there was too many long stretches connecting the individual drift sections, giving me the impression it was several races crammed into one.  I would try to rather find a way to close the loops on the individual sections, and free up props and checkpoints to improve those individual sections, and then publish it as several races instead of one big one.  The way it is now it's unecessary to close the loop as in practice it works as a PtP race (You also set it up as a 1-lap race, which really is just PtP, I did 3 though as I prefer doing lapraces that way, to use the first lap to learn the track).  It was too large for my Grotto Carbonnizare to get a proper drift flow, and as a Karin Futo is much slower even when pimped up, I imagine it would be a way too large map for that aswell.  If you want my commendation you're gonna have to find a way to break it down into smaller tracks, on the other hand I imagine those races could become very good if you did.  That's my 2 cents, I'm sorry, but I didn't like it as is.  However, unless you yourself agree you should wait for more feedback before making any changes, as it might be that there's alot of people who would disagree with me.  But I would advice you that if there's alot of people who dislike or give similar feedback that you let the majority rule, because then there might be something to it.  If you don't recieve any similar feedback, feel free to disregard my opinion and throw it in a bin ;-)

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:33 PM

[Skipping the quote]

I have never drifted in a Carbonizzare, honestly lol

It is actually more difficult, drifting around one lap is easy in Futo, I found.

But after one lap, one lap and half being sideway, the Futo start slidding a bit 'too much' from the rear and you risk to find yourself hitting the inside or doing a 180, and here comes the 'real' drifting where you have to really control the car and how it slides.
I honestly, and again that's a personal opinion, find it more interesting and funnier to do, while 1 lap or a S doesn't really provide any real challenge at all.

I understand perfectly that it's long, don't worry.
Tho there is not that many strech lines, and the ones that is are simply there, either because of the previous turns/drift section or because they were necessary to take the next turn/drift section from this direction.
(ex: entering the cinema studio from west entry, comming from the south was necessary to pull a high speed drift there, and aiming at the entry while drifting sideway. So I had to find a way to come from the south while the previous part of the track was at the north. etc)

So in a way, the strech lines would be there even if the track was split in different sections.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:53 PM

[Skipping the quote]

I have never drifted in a Carbonizzare, honestly lol

It is actually more difficult, drifting around one lap is easy in Futo, I found.

But after one lap, one lap and half being sideway, the Futo start slidding a bit 'too much' from the rear and you risk to find yourself hitting the inside or doing a 180, and here comes the 'real' drifting where you have to really control the car and how it slides.
I honestly, and again that's a personal opinion, find it more interesting and funnier to do, while 1 lap or a S doesn't really provide any real challenge at all.

I understand perfectly that it's long, don't worry.
Tho there is not that many strech lines, and the ones that is are simply there, either because of the previous turns/drift section or because they were necessary to take the next turn/drift section from this direction.
(ex: entering the cinema studio from west entry, comming from the south was necessary to pull a high speed drift there, and aiming at the entry while drifting sideway. So I had to find a way to come from the south while the previous part of the track was at the north. etc)

So in a way, the strech lines would be there even if the track was split in different sections.

I have drifted plenty in both cars, and don't need to be told how to drift in a Futo.  I am trying to give you some constructive feedback here, not asking for advice on how to drift.  I am telling you that for me it got boring doing lap after lap around in circles, you seem to jump to the conclusion that I disliked that part because it was hard, yet I'm trying to tell you the complete opposite, it's not hard at all, I find drifting 1 lap, 2 laps, or 10 laps in a circle just as easy as the previous 10, the number of donuts doesn't matter to me.  The problem is that it becomes repetitive, and makes me lose interest in the track, as in get bored, and wish the checkpoints would just get on with it and keep moving already.  I am trying to convey this message in a nice manner, to give you constructive advice on how to build your track (Based on how it feels to drive it).  I am also trying to tell you that even though I didn't enjoy the track as is, I try to stay objective and look at some of the ideas you had, and I don't judge just because this as a whole didn't work, because you had some really nice ideas in several of the sections.  I am also trying to be constructive by telling you exactly what I think should be done for it to work.

However, it doesn't seem that this message is getting through, as it seems you keep trying to convince me I should like the track as is, by arguing why I'm wrong, and you're right.  Now, I'm done trying to tell you what my opinion on the track is, I think I've done that quite clearly, I will not respond to another post trying to convince me I should like what I know I don't like, I suggest you leave this matter now.  Heed my advice if you wish, if not, don't bother to post again explaining to me how you think the only reason I didn't like the track was because I drifted wrong, or how I should've chosen the Futo over the Carbonizzare.  I am not interested in hearing how much you've fallen in love with your own creation.  However, if you change your mind and want some proper advice, I'll be happy to expand upon anything that is unclear to you, but that all require an open mind, which it's quite clear to me that you don't have right now.

• XJpostman likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

*SMH* Wtf ?

While I through we were just discussing point of views, you were taking it wrong all in the butt.

I was just explaining to you why I have made these choices overall, what was the reason of it, and why I -myself- found it interesting for amateur drifters. Nothing more, relax -_-" damn..

I didn't say "this is how you should drift", I didn't say "I have made this choice therefore this is perfect". I didn't say you were drifting wrong.

Correct me if wrong, did I ?

What about the carbonizzare ? I said I have never drifted in it, well what ? I have never drifted in it. I didn't say it wasn't impossible or wasn't good, or that you couldn't doo it, I just never did it myself. Again you took it the wrong way.

And I didn't say that you disliked that part "because it was too hard". I got your point.
I said it could be harder to keep a drift there longer than 1 lap, maybe not for YOU, but maybe for other people, and ô less good drifters than you are, obviously. Don't take any thing personally, other people do exists, you know.

Again I didn't say you were wrong. Read above and read again, I just explained my choices and what made the track like this while listening to your feedbacks.
I never asked you to like it, like it or not it was cool for me and took openly your feedbacks with an open mind .

Yet on your side it seems that you cannot listen to my explainations without telling yourself that I'm trying to convince you to like it..
Probably you should stop judging me as how you think I am and how "I fell in love with my own creation", this is actually far fro being my favorite and I know very well that it's far from being perfect. And also take off this thing you have stuck up your butt, if someone can not even explain his choices to you without you taking it all wrong.

Thank you.

Bye now.

GTAMYBABIES
  • GTAMYBABIES

Friendship Is Magic

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Xbox 360:

Plaza Drift

PS3:
Drift-Through Demon

Will try it later ;-)  And I actually don't let off the gas at all when I play drift races :p  Works much better once you get used to it, tap brake and handbrake repeatedly at appropriate times to control speed and drifts.

I have tried that way but I like my way it feels smoother. I guess we'll habe to meet at the track and do some laps to see whose method prevails.

Challenge sent....

• Fachuro likes this

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

Challenge Accepted, GT: CampeKoellen, add me and we'll do it next time we're both online ;-) 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users