Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA Online Olympics; have any event ideas?

67 replies to this topic
theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:38 PM Edited by theGypsy, 30 January 2014 - 01:04 PM.

Hey gang... looking for some ideas. Dannybohy and I were talking as we were setting up the “Old Mans Crack” group session about some GTA Online Olympics and various events we could have. Given the Olympics are around the corner, it seemed a fun thing to do. We'll record the fun and share with everyone as we go.

Essentially all of the activities will be best 2 out of three with the winner moving on to the next round until a champion emerges. We don't really have many rules at this point, just fleshing out the ideas.

The potential events so far;

Bike Jousting – two peeps, two bikes, weapons free. Contestants ride towards each other, trying to kill the opponent. Best 2 of 3 for win. Elimination rounds to finals.

Grenade gauntlet – 6 peeps with grenades. Contestants take a confined path and run towards the tossers. First over the finish line wins. If both die, they go again.

Frogger – 8 lane highway at peak rush hour. Contestants start on opposite sides and first that makes it to the other side, wins and moves on to the next round. (see video at the end of this post)

Car Parkour; two contestants, busy road. Run down a set length of course jumping over oncoming traffic. First to finish, with most successful cars jumped, wins.

Sidewalk BMX; contestants travel down a set length of sidewalk to the finish line. First to cross wins. Must stay on the sidewalk... no DNF for killing pedestrians... of course lol.

Fighting the flames; combatants face off (fists and feet only) in a large ring of fire. Make use of dodging and positioning your opponent into the flames. Must stay in the ring. Best 2 out of 3 wins.

Old West Showdown; contestants stand 15 paces apart and are unarmed. At the sound of the starting gun, they whip out a weapon and fire (probably want to take auto-aim off for this one). Best 2 out of 3 wins.

Drunk 100 Meters; go to the school track, drink 7 beer and race. No weapons...

Long Jump Launch – at the long jump pit in the stadium, put a car at the beggining of the pit. Ride motorcycle at it, hit said motorcycle which will launch you. Contestant with the furthest launch, wins. Contestants get 3 tries each.

Speed. - Both players are assigned the same exact vehicles, with sticky bombs attached to them by 2 other different players.  Then they zoom down whatever designated route, while the people in command of the sticky bombs follow behind in I guess Entitys since they are the easiest to drive. ( HT Biohazard Abyss)

Anyone have ideas of nutty things they've done that mike make for a good 'event'? Please do share. Also let me know which of the above proposed events, sounds like fun. Once we iron out the ideas we'll post in the 'Meet Ups' section of the forum. If you're interested in having me messaging you when we get closer, let me know in the comments as well.

As an example, here's a trial run we did yesterday for “Frogger”

https://www.youtube....QQ0GN5N&index=1

• T-Offline and PsychoGamer like this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

Im in!

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:03 PM

Vehicle sumo wrestling on top of Maze Bank Tower. 

• DS Monkfish, Kvothe, Kracus and 4 others like this

Sugar Free Nos
  • Sugar Free Nos

I'm the best Scrub

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States
  • Best Scrub 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

This sounds like some great fun.

I just hope, that unlike the upcoming Winter Olympics, this version features far less homophobia.

I'm in, for sure.

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:06 PM

Weeny Issi Bowling.

Use bikes of your choice as the pins; players drive a weeny issi and try to get a strike.

• Malibu454 and Sugar Free Nos like this

¥en
  • ¥en

Get Cage'd

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia
  • Best New Member 2014

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by Insert-Coin-To-Continue, 23 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

Maze Bank Ker-Splat!

3874024_o.gif

In this event, participants put their lives on the line and attempt to defy Sir Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation. Participants base jump from the top of the Maze Bank tower, and play chicken with the ground, deploying their parachute as late as possible.

The participant who can deploy his parachute at the latest possible time and still survive the fall, wins.

• Kracus and Strikeslip like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:19 AM

I just posted a "challenge" that I would have posted here if I'd seen this thread first...

http://gtaforums.com...-if-you-dare-p/

Not a group challenge, but a challenge nonetheless.

Keuthonymos
  • Keuthonymos

TCCG

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

Can't wait to get this going. 

So looking forward to this! 

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:07 AM

Sticky bomb challenge - Alot a player only with 5 to come up with the best way to die in an 2 minute window - biggest is best.

Human sacrifice - most pedestrians killed in a 1 minute time frame - style a must - with only a faggio

Damage control - only using a bat/billy club - the most damage to a car in 1 minute (punching and kicking allowed).

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:13 AM Edited by MsWolfe, 24 January 2014 - 03:15 AM.

The only Olympics that should be in GTA V are!

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:01 AM Edited by prototypetom, 24 January 2014 - 05:02 AM.

car pigeon shooting.

a little northeast of the SW LSC theres a spot where you can drive up a very large bank under the freeway and launch perfectly vertically in the air (in a supercar for max height). have someone do that acting as a sort of clay pigeon for a group of players standing by to the north with rocket launchers. obviously position the competitors near enough that aiming the rockets requires good reflexes, but far enough away that they can't tell exactly where the car is going to pop up or what its trajectory will be.

in a private session you might be able to have perhaps 6 people competing and then a bunch of 'pigeons' lined up ready to go, to have a multiple rounds in quick succession. someone calls for the next pigeon by shouting "pull!". then swap roles.

there might be a better spot elsewhere to do the same thing. I think it's easier to hit that bank consistently but with variation better than those quarterpipes near the airport for example. the nice thing about this game would be the game stating who killed the player/pigeon gives you clear irrefutable results.

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

I like this one... will test it out tonight and see how well it works.

Weeny Issi Bowling.

Use bikes of your choice as the pins; players drive a weeny issi and try to get a strike.

Interesting, will also give it a try.

I just posted a "challenge" that I would have posted here if I'd seen this thread first...

http://gtaforums.com...-if-you-dare-p/

Not a group challenge, but a challenge nonetheless.

Seems a bit hard to do in the 'sport' type set up we're doing as the lobby would be closed. But, we might consider having 1 person drive a defined route with other players on foot trying to kill them along the way. Not sure how we'd structure scoring tho

Sticky bomb challenge - Alot a player only with 5 to come up with the best way to die in an 2 minute window - biggest is best.

Human sacrifice - most pedestrians killed in a 1 minute time frame - style a must - with only a faggio

Damage control - only using a bat/billy club - the most damage to a car in 1 minute (punching and kicking allowed).

Not bad.... Human Sacrifice seems do-able, just need a locale with a consistent level of peds in it. Damage Control, not sure how we'd score that. Judges? Same with Sticky one

Yup, the 'Drunken 100 Meters' is already on the list.

car pigeon shooting.

a little northeast of the SW LSC theres a spot where you can drive up a very large bank under the freeway and launch perfectly vertically in the air (in a supercar for max height). have someone do that acting as a sort of clay pigeon for a group of players standing by to the north with rocket launchers. obviously position the competitors near enough that aiming the rockets requires good reflexes, but far enough away that they can't tell exactly where the car is going to pop up or what its trajectory will be.

in a private session you might be able to have perhaps 6 people competing and then a bunch of 'pigeons' lined up ready to go, to have a multiple rounds in quick succession. someone calls for the next pigeon by shouting "pull!". then swap roles.

there might be a better spot elsewhere to do the same thing. I think it's easier to hit that bank consistently but with variation better than those quarterpipes near the airport for example. the nice thing about this game would be the game stating who killed the player/pigeon gives you clear irrefutable results.

I like the idea, just a bit of a prob since only high level players have RPGs. Maybe a guy on a bike? Then standard weapons would work... Thoughts?

Keep the ideas coming... I am going to start testing some of them tonight to see which are actually fun and which are duds.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

I was totally going to suggest the same thing.

Joe89NUFC
  • Joe89NUFC

NUFC

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:07 PM

the sticky bomb shot put 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Those vehicles could of course be tanks.  Turret jousting on Maze Tower!

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

triathalon... yup we all remember single player lol...

but start at the top of chilliad on scorchers... ride down to the alamo sea, swim across, run to predetemrined point (eg ammunation)... first to arrive wins...

skydive target practice... cargobob + bus.. take as many peeps up in the bus to ceiling height... they jump (w chutes) and have to land on the maize bank tower... the catch... two snipers, one on the FIB, one on the IAA building...

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Watched a video of Speedyw03 and his crew doing that. Looked cool, lol.

bonedeth667
  • bonedeth667

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

http://socialclub.ro...dpEehiEjTQb1pPw
How about this?

Roof pool jumping FTW!

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

triathalon... yup we all remember single player lol...

but start at the top of chilliad on scorchers... ride down to the alamo sea, swim across, run to predetemrined point (eg ammunation)... first to arrive wins...

skydive target practice... cargobob + bus.. take as many peeps up in the bus to ceiling height... they jump (w chutes) and have to land on the maize bank tower... the catch... two snipers, one on the FIB, one on the IAA building...

Like the triathalon idea, but it might be a bit normal/tame for the series lol. I kinda like the off-the-wall sh*t. But I will add to the list for now anyway. Thanks.

Not so sure on the Skydive. How does one score it? First to land? Closest to a given mark/location?

http://socialclub.ro...dpEehiEjTQb1pPw
How about this?

Roof pool jumping FTW!

Like many of the other awesome ideas, not sure how we'd score this. Ideas?

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:33 PM Edited by Chronolemon, 24 January 2014 - 03:34 PM.

1. Heliconkers. Either played with the helicopters as the conkers or using two Cargobobs with the conkers attached underneath.

Two participants fight air to air only using the vehicle as a weapon to knock the other out of the sky.

2. Fight Tub/Fisht Fight. Its a fist fight where the participants are swimming.

Two participants, or more (last man alive) fight hand to hand in a swimming pool.

3. Cargo Bob's Load 'em High.

Five (or three) cars parked next to each other have to be lifted into a specific loading area (one per team (maybe the two helipads in the airport)) using Cargobobs. The team who loads 2 (best 2 out of 3) or 3 (best 3 out of 5) wins.

4. BAWSAQ Bowls.

A target set on the ground, (perhaps using the helipads in the airport) teams must drive a vehicle (all using the same vehicle) at any speed towards the target, they have a specific point at which they must bail out and leave the car to free roll as close to the target as possible. Teams could have multiple cars like in real bowls or just one.

I don't know why the puns are necessary but its in keeping with the tone of GTA V. :p

prototypetom
  • prototypetom

purveyor of exasperated sighs

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:44 PM Edited by prototypetom, 24 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

car pigeon shooting.

I like the idea, just a bit of a prob since only high level players have RPGs. Maybe a guy on a bike? Then standard weapons would work... Thoughts?

Keep the ideas coming... I am going to start testing some of them tonight to see which are actually fun and which are duds.

Bike sounds cool, smaller target - i've just never tried launching myself up that bank on a bike to know if it works the same.

just using normal weapons doesn't really work, you kinda need instant kills for scoring - however... You could put a circle of stickies on the roof or bonnet of each car which would give you the instant kill. but you might have a problem if the cars don't spin. though you might be able to position your competitors south of the bank so they see the cars top side first.

and autolock might be a problem if you're not in free aim.

this is the spot btw, bit more east than I thought.

th_71491_bank_123_574lo.jpg

bonedeth667
  • bonedeth667

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:24 PM Edited by bonedeth667, 24 January 2014 - 04:27 PM.

The only way I can think of judging the olympic pool jumping is as follows:
1. Every participant gets 2 tries, so if he/she fails the first attempt (goes in to slide off roof animation) he/she will make sure to jump earlier to make sure he/she gets a valid score (this will make things interesting)

2. After the first jump the participant chooses to stick with his score (distance) or to take a 2nd attempt.

3. After the participant jumps and lands in the pool, he stays put until everyone have completed their attempts. The winner is the one who jumped the furthest.

This is a more simple discipline than all the others, but I assure you, me and my buds have spent hours jumping on our faces in pools. lol

Thats the best I can come up with.

Also, someone should scope out a bada** pool location.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

how about a cargobob car toss contest?

like trying to get close to a target or something

• bonedeth667 likes this

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Ha, I watched that. They're hilarious,
Spoiler

OT: I'm in too OP, those are great ideas :)

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

How about Tank vaulting using the tank launching glitch with the barracks? Count me in.

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

How about Tank vaulting using the tank launching glitch with the barracks? Count me in.

There a vid or something on this? Would like to see the glitch

Maze Bank Ker-Splat!

3874024_o.gif

In this event, participants put their lives on the line and attempt to defy Sir Isaac Newton's law of universal gravitation. Participants base jump from the top of the Maze Bank tower, and play chicken with the ground, deploying their parachute as late as possible.

The participant who can deploy his parachute at the latest possible time and still survive the fall, wins.

I like that one.... HALO jumping (High Altitude, Low Opening). https://www.google.c...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

T-Offline
  • T-Offline

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

Ski jumping or Snowboarding down from Mt. Chillad.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:02 PM Edited by wolfp212, 24 January 2014 - 06:04 PM.

1. Mountainside Curling.  Try to fall, roll slowly down the hill and stop between two set marks near the bottom.  Only stopping between the markers wins, stop early or late, you're out.

2. Clip racing.  Group of 5 on the top of a hill fires one shot from a gun into the air.  When the buzzer sounds they reload, sending the clips on a race to the bottom.  First clip down wins.

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:47 PM Edited by theGypsy, 26 January 2014 - 03:44 PM.

Ski jumping or Snowboarding down from Mt. Chillad.

Erm.. gotta wait til next Xmas when we get snow again.

1. Mountainside Curling.  Try to fall, roll slowly down the hill and stop between two set marks near the bottom.  Only stopping between the markers wins, stop early or late, you're out.

2. Clip racing.  Group of 5 on the top of a hill fires one shot from a gun into the air.  When the buzzer sounds they reload, sending the clips on a race to the bottom.  First clip down wins.

Curling, interesting... but we have one already someone suggested where U have the helo pad at the airport as the curling ring, drive towards and bail. Person that comes closest to center with their car wins. Probably works better as a curling event...

Clip racing; cute... but probably a bit boring for peeps to watch them roll down the hill and kinda random as far as who wins...

Keep the ideas coming tho folks. We'll start narrowing down the events and posting sessions for those interested in joining.

Obviously the session(s) would be too long as far as doing all at once. So, I will probably do them in groups of 3. Stay tuned as I will be posting the event link here once I put it in the 'meet ups' later on today.

Thanks for the help folks and I look forward to meeting ya'll and having some fun with these (we'll be recording them for everyone to re-live the experiences).

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Right then... we'll be working on testing a few events today, but this week we should be running the first 3.

Drunken 100 Meters

Location; University track

Long Jump

Location; University track

Compact Sumo

Location; top of the Maze bank building

I'll post a short video tomorrow for those that want to start 'training' LOL.

Anyway, if you're interested, leave a message on this thread and I will send a PM once the event is up in the meet-ups section

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users