Air Superiority

52 replies to this topic
CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

it takes some time but i smoke jets with my buzzard EVERYTIME...

brooklyn718
  • brooklyn718

AZ

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:57 PM

For the people who wants (when they too bored) install the air terror in free roam mode.

Add me on PSN (ericksato), take you fighter jet and we can control the air space in LS.

f*ck-yeah-aww-yeah-l.png

Now this is silly sh*t and it DOESNT work!! I shoot these sh*ts down with ease, and ill be BLOCKS away!! You wont even know where its coming from. This is my online duck hunt. Either way, have fun! lmao

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

^ Press start and locate the dot facing towards your jet. Simple and now you remember who to target if you need a new one ;)

BadFish82
  • BadFish82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:09 AM

The jet is one of my favorite things in this game. I find the jets easy to get, I really never get blown up, usually if I fail it is getting shot while opening the canopy. The heavy snipers can be annoying and very effective against the jets, however I rarely get shot down by them. Often times I'll land a smoking/on fire lazer into the base and grab a fresh one no problem.

Another deadly combo is a tank and a heavy sniper.

Chronolemon
  • Chronolemon

GTA:Outta here.

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

I believe air superiority lies with the Buzzard. If you know what you're doing of course.

Also,

Hydra > Lazer

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep Meep.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

I believe air superiority lies with the Buzzard. If you know what you're doing of course.

Also,

Hydra > Lazer

LOL, those insta-homing missiles were ridiculous. You can be facing the other direction, and that missile would do an ungodly 180 degree turn. I miss the Hyrda...

But in terms of overall combat, the Lazer wins, just because of it's explosive rounds. Lol, I can fly fairly well in a Buzzard, but if the Lazer pilot is decent, I'm a sitting target. :/

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:38 AM Edited by al_balmer, 18 March 2014 - 11:16 PM.

These sound like pretty bad pilots. It doesn't take much to whack a buzzard.

• Ninja_Gear likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

These sound pretty like pretty bad pilots. It doesn't take much to whack a buzzard.

I've taken out a few Lazers with a Buzzard, but I do spend a lot of time in the Buzzard which probably helps.  Saying that, I've taken down Buzzards with Lazers but it's not that easy unless the Buzzard pilot isn't that experienced.  They have much better maneuverability than the Lazer and can just hop to the side to avoid rockets.  The Lazer has the advantage of speed, which obviously means it can take the fight over greater distances than the Buzzard, especially using quick changes in altitude that the Buzzard just cannot do.

To be honest, I don't know which one I'd say is best in a fight.  I think it depends on the pilots more than the vehicles.

Troubadour
  • Troubadour

www.DamnedNation.net

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

Do you know about the max speed after 10 minutes?

If you fly max speed with full after burners for 10 minutes you'll go even faster for 10 minutes.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

The jet is one of my favorite things in this game. I find the jets easy to get, I really never get blown up, usually if I fail it is getting shot while opening the canopy. The heavy snipers can be annoying and very effective against the jets, however I rarely get shot down by them. Often times I'll land a smoking/on fire lazer into the base and grab a fresh one no problem.

Another deadly combo is a tank and a heavy sniper.

Last night I get a shot on the right rudder (the vertical flap)... I still with the left one and my jet still flying normal... A guy with a heavy sniper... But, I blown him some time later, with the damage jet... hahahaha

Also,

Hydra > Lazer

I think so, but the buzzard is more hard to manuever.. and is more easy to get a shot from a RPG.. or grenade laucher.. the advantage is the hover... it can still stop in the air and hunt the targets between the buildings in low speed. The Lazer only can do this on the highways and in a moderate speed.... =[

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Horse sh*t.  If you want to control the airport land and airspace, sit on one of the back hangars with the heavy sniper rifle.  You can deny everyone.

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Horse sh*t.  If you want to control the airport land and airspace, sit on one of the back hangars with the heavy sniper rifle.  You can deny everyone.

But... it's not funny... and with a sniper you can't move around the map and intercept any flying vehicle.

With the jets you can control who can fly or not.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

But... it's not funny... and with a sniper you can't move around the map and intercept any flying vehicle.

That's stretching the truth.  Are you saying that if you were up there in a jet then I would not be able to get one?

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:32 PM Edited by esato, 24 January 2014 - 04:34 PM.

That's stretching the truth.  Are you saying that if you were up there in a jet then I would not be able to get one?

Me, alone? Of course you would, but if I fly with at least other 6 players with jets, too. It would be more difficult. =]

This type of "air superiority" playing is not possible alone... While in team, the things are amazing! 

BTW, where did you play, bro? X or PS?

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

Do you know about the max speed after 10 minutes?

If you fly max speed with full after burners for 10 minutes you'll go even faster for 10 minutes.

Got that right.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Me, alone? Of course you would, but if I fly with at least other 6 players with jets, too. It would be more difficult. =]

This type of "air superiority" playing is not possible alone... While in team, the things are amazing! 

Ah okay.  I'd consider that bullying so wouldn't know anything about it.

I'm on PS3.  I'm considering getting it for Xbox as well though, just because of the dogging going on at the old man's crack :)

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:49 PM

Give me a heavy sniper and any aircraft is doomed. I camp up on some hi rises before the airport ring road and snipe people trying to fly out of the airport all the time. It's a lot of fun especially when you get the player instead of the vehicle but if you miss the player the vehicle starts to burn up after a few hits. Really hard to miss honestly.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Give me a heavy sniper and any aircraft is doomed. I camp up on some hi rises before the airport ring road and snipe people trying to fly out of the airport all the time. It's a lot of fun especially when you get the player instead of the vehicle but if you miss the player the vehicle starts to burn up after a few hits. Really hard to miss honestly.

Something's different in our games then because I've only ever been able to shoot down a few planes.  I shoot the crap out of them with the heavy sniper and they just fly off (unless you get the pilot, of course).  I spend quite a bit of time sniping so I know I'm hitting them.  They just don't go down.

al_balmer
  • al_balmer

Rainman

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Don't declare limits you aren't aware of, I know some pilots who can subjugate entire lobbies when they feel like it. 

• esato likes this

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

Toughest thing to learn was making sense of what the mini map was showing me in relation to what I was seeing on the ground. Once I figured out what I was looking at it was game over for anyone on the ground. Those cannons are my absolute favorite weapon in this game. That thing is the ground attack king.
  • al_balmer likes this

esato
  • esato

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Toughest thing to learn was making sense of what the mini map was showing me in relation to what I was seeing on the ground. Once I figured out what I was looking at it was game over for anyone on the ground. Those cannons are my absolute favorite weapon in this game. That thing is the ground attack king.

We should have some UGB on the Fighter Jets... would be INSANE!

BadFish82
  • BadFish82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

These sound pretty like pretty bad pilots. It doesn't take much to whack a buzzard.

I've taken out a few Lazers with a Buzzard, but I do spend a lot of time in the Buzzard which probably helps.  Saying that, I've taken down Buzzards with Lazers but it's not that easy unless the Buzzard pilot isn't that experienced.  They have much better maneuverability than the Lazer and can just hop to the side to avoid rockets.  The Lazer has the advantage of speed, which obviously means it can take the fight over greater distances than the Buzzard, especially using quick changes in altitude that the Buzzard just cannot do.

To be honest, I don't know which one I'd say is best in a fight.  I think it depends on the pilots more than the vehicles.

Given equal skill of the pilots, the lazer is better than the buzzard. If you are "hopping to the side avoiding rockets" from a lazer the pilot is not that great. Unless you happen to hop to the side and get destroyed by the lazer's machine guns...then that was an excellent pilot. What you have to remember about the buzzard is it is extremely weak from above and below, where most of the pilots are losing to you is probably in a level plane fight. You just have to think of the buzzard as a tank. Dive bomb it, and it is fairly defenseless. Use a shallower angle and the tank or buzzard are liable to turn you into a fireball. If the buzzard is above the city sometimes it is better to come from below as the black of the chopper contrasts better with the sky than the streets. At night the black comes in useful but the blinking flight lights on all aircraft help sometimes.

Gutslub
  • Gutslub

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

For some strange reason, I don't believe you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users