Air Superiority

52 replies to this topic
esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

For the people who wants (when they too bored) install the air terror in free roam mode.

Add me on PSN (ericksato), take you fighter jet and we can control the air space in LS.

f*ck-yeah-aww-yeah-l.png

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

That's cute...

cute_bunny_by_draggincat-d6b9wnh.png

• livejoker, Ninja_Gear, Rented and 11 others like this

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but a Jet goes smoky from just 4 sniper shots. Burns with just a few more. Not sure I see getting such a delicate vehicle from a far away bade every time.
  • Silver_Paladin likes this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, it's real fragile, but it's hard to aim on it if you fly fast. And if you fly with 1 or more friends, your team will be invincible.

• jwyleski likes this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:02 PM

I suck with the jet. I'm trying to practice with it, but it never goes too well for me in the end.

You definitely do not want to recruit me.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

With sufficient cover your jet will be rendered useless. 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

I suck with the jet. I'm trying to practice with it, but it never goes too well for me in the end.

I sucked with a jet for a long time too, and then I spent the better part of a day flying one as much as possible.  Not constantly pressing R2/RT was the start of me getting better, and doing really subtle slow turns rather than sudden jerky ones.  Now I do all the flying sideways between buildings sh*t that they made us do at the flying school in SP, but I do it during dogfights.  Stick with it.  Winning a proper dogfight or taking out a bounty in a car with your cannons is easily as rewarding as sniping a tank driver.

If you want to do it then definitely stick at it.  It's worth it :)

• esato and StewNorth like this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

My character exp is low, but with practice, we can be good pilots... My days in ace combat helped me hahaha

But what I think is too hard is get inside the base and enter the jet alive... I always die trying take the jet.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

My character exp is low, but with practice, we can be good pilots... My days in ace combat helped me hahaha

But what I think is too hard is get inside the base and enter the jet alive... I always die trying take the jet.

I find it's sometimes ridiculously easy and I'll get jet after jet after jet, and then suddenly there's tanks everywhere and the jet that chases you kills you without warning - it just get really hard.  I have found a way that seems to work better, and that's getting into the base and then going into the trench that runs around the perimeter.  Go to where you're just South of the jets just off the runway and when you lose your wanted level, wait for the army guys to disappear and make a run directly North for the nearest jet.

I doubt there is a 100% foolproof, never get killed way of doing it, but that works for me (for now).  There'll probably be tanks in the trench later :p

• esato and PixelPusher like this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

I sucked with a jet for a long time too, and then I spent the better part of a day flying one as much as possible.  Not constantly pressing R2/RT was the start of me getting better, and doing really subtle slow turns rather than sudden jerky ones.  Now I do all the flying sideways between buildings sh*t that they made us do at the flying school in SP, but I do it during dogfights.  Stick with it.  Winning a proper dogfight or taking out a bounty in a car with your cannons is easily as rewarding as sniping a tank driver.

If you want to do it then definitely stick at it.  It's worth it :)

To evade the other fighters, I do what you've said, fly between buildings or I try to fly the lowest possible. The other pilots (at least the ones that I fought) don't know use the cannons and make a turn with the jet simultaneously, what makes our lives more easy!

With sufficient cover your jet will be rendered useless. 

But who wants to stay on cover forever?

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

I find it's sometimes ridiculously easy and I'll get jet after jet after jet, and then suddenly there's tanks everywhere and the jet that chases you kills you without warning - it just get really hard.  I have found a way that seems to work better, and that's getting into the base and then going into the trench that runs around the perimeter.  Go to where you're just South of the jets just off the runway and when you lose your wanted level, wait for the army guys to disappear and make a run directly North for the nearest jet.

I doubt there is a 100% foolproof, never get killed way of doing it, but that works for me (for now).  There'll probably be tanks in the trench later :p

I always use a chopper to land in front of that hangar with a single plane, at least there, I'm covered for a while, when I'm trying to get in the plane.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

I always use a chopper to land in front of that hangar with a single plane, at least there, I'm covered for a while, when I'm trying to get in the plane.

I used to get that one all the time, and sometimes still go for it, but it takes the guy so damn long to get into the thing that I got sick of being greeted by tanks every time I tried to take off.  If I did manage to get away the jet was usually smoking and shaking like mad, so I'd have to go back and try and get another anyway.

One thing I have found that's pretty consistent is to not bother trying if someone else has just been in there.  The army get all riled up like a nest of ants.  It can lead to good shoot outs though.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:30 PM

I must of sniped at least 5 players (the same guy twice lol) last night who thought the same thing, OP.

• esato likes this

MsWolfe
  • MsWolfe

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. of Duty

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

I wish I still had my Personal jet. Too much of a hassle to break into the AB and get one.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:39 PM

I wish I still had my Personal jet. Too much of a hassle to break into the AB and get one.

How we can get a Jet (I saw some players pic with a jet inside the garage).

I must of sniped at least 5 players (the same guy twice lol) last night who thought the same thing, OP.

Last night, I got tired to be exploded everytime by some guys using tanks and buzzards... I gone to the AB and took a jet with another guy and we flew in team to take the tank guys.

Worked very well, so I created this topic!

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

And if you fly with 1 or more friends, your team will be invincible.

Good players with Heavy Snipers disagree with this statement.

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

Unfortunatelly, the heavy sniper can't lock on the targets. =D

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

but the sniper can hit you way before you can see the target. and even if the sniper isnt trying to take you out personally I took out a rear flap of one guys jet with one shot of my rifle. That is all it took to mess his day up. (he lost control and hit his buddy, they were doing formations and I felt really bad afterwards...but still!) Also there is no drop off to worry about when shooting with a sniper (or really any gun for that matter) so as long as they have that white dot over your plane and there is not too much lag then the jet is sol.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:14 PM

Irrelevant.

Ecstasyisfun
  • Ecstasyisfun

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:07 PM Edited by Ecstasyisfun, 23 January 2014 - 09:11 PM.

vs snipers the jet pilot should turn either behind buildings to give you cover or on top of the snipers dot flying high and moving about and then peeling away and swooping in + repeat until dead, much like you would treat a tank really only snipers can move there scope higher than a tank can move its turret, The real problem is if its a f*cking mess of dots and people and tanks everywhere with someone sniping you and you don't notice or the 1 hit f*ck-u-up shot that scares the sh*t out of you as your plane instantly bursts into flames and starts to plummet towards the ground.

• esato likes this

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

The Filipino stuck in a cold region. :/

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

That's cute...

cute_bunny_by_draggincat-d6b9wnh.png

Dat ass tho.

But if i was on PS3, I'd be down for this. Every good pilot is on the PS3...

Xbox pilots be like:

iPYcRe98Rsx7q.gif

• esato, EMAGDN1M and al_balmer like this

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:23 PM Edited by esato, 23 January 2014 - 09:29 PM.

Dat ass tho.

Xbox pilots be like:

iPYcRe98Rsx7q.gif

WTF? Seriously? No one that can be saved?

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Xbox pilots be like:

iPYcRe98Rsx7q.gif

Lol generalization at its finest. I just think that people find more enjoyment when hurtling a giant ass plane towards one lone dot. overkill maybe. but if you want something done right...throw a titan at it.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

Didn't they nerf the jet's speed in 1.09?

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:07 PM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 23 January 2014 - 10:08 PM.

Xbox pilots be like:

iPYcRe98Rsx7q.gif

Lol generalization at its finest. I just think that people find more enjoyment when hurtling a giant ass plane towards one lone dot. overkill maybe. but if you want something done right...throw a titan at it.

Yeahh, I guess it's a pretty big generalization, but I play on Xbox, so I can say that  from experience... haha. Every time I play Fort Zancudo, numerous people crash into the ground, and I'm looking at them like WTF?

&& I have yet to be rammed by a Titan! Somebody tried to kamikaze me with a Luxor, but they bounced off of my car's hood and crashed into a telephone pole.

I accidentally kamikazed this dude in a jet fighter last night. He was trying to shoot me down, but I dodged every missile and I always got on his tail. I had him at a checkmate the entire time... except when we rammed each other. Fail. .__.

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Xbox pilots be like:

iPYcRe98Rsx7q.gif

Yeahh, I guess it's a pretty big generalization, but I play on Xbox, so I can say that  from experience... haha. Every time I play Fort Zancudo, numerous people crash into the ground, and I'm looking at them like WTF?

&& I have yet to be rammed by a Titan! Somebody tried to kamikaze me with a Luxor, but they bounced off of my car's hood and crashed into a telephone pole.

I accidentally kamikazed this dude in a jet fighter last night. He was trying to shoot me down, but I dodged every missile and I always got on his tail. I had him at a checkmate the entire time... except when we rammed each other. Fail. .__.

What is that gif from?!?!

SirMichaelRocks23
  • SirMichaelRocks23

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

Some movie called "Knowing."
I honestly didn't know that, until I looked on Youtube. Lmao

esato
  • esato

Hustler

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:31 PM

Yo, I saw that you have a team specialized in air superiority. Unfortunately we are on different consoles. =[

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Good players with Heavy Snipers disagree with this statement.

Good players with heavy snipers are hard to find, i'm rarely shot down by them...

NombreDeLaBeast
  • NombreDeLaBeast

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:36 PM

And "knowing" is half the battle...

GI JOOOOOOOOE!!

• iainspad likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic