Quantcast

» «
Photo

What does it take for you to have to get a tank?

63 replies to this topic
The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:01 PM Edited by The Angel King, 23 January 2014 - 04:02 PM.

With all the anti and pro tank posts, I thought this was a valid question to ask. Perhaps I am just curious. Anyways, what does it take for you to get a tank in PvP engagement. This doesn't include getting one for police killing or just having fun driving it around. What does it take for you to get a tank with the goal of blowing up other players?

I'll start. Personally the only 2 times I get a tank is :

1. When people pick on/group up against low levels and other players for zero cause other than to just pick on them because it is "easy". Not because I can't kill them. Because it draws attention away from the person being picked on to myself and I love the attention. Yes I will spawn rape and run these people over until they leave.

2. Sometimes when someone grabs a jet, helo, or tank. Once I get them out of that vehicle I blow my own tank up, or drive it into the ocean. Not a first resort at all. Depends on how much time I want to dedicate to stopping them.

I love a good fire fight and have often taken on an game and/or crew. I do die sometimes, but my KDR is so laughably high most of the time. I have no desire to get a tank when I get ganged up on. I find this the epicenter of fun for me when in freemode.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

Another dickhead in a tank or a bunch of glitchers hiding in walls or floors.

If I ever see the skate park FULL of players on bikes and skate I will get it out then and cry tears of joy. 

• The Angel King likes this

Soran Is On
  • Soran Is On

I bust until I'm empty, best chance to take you with me.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

Bounty in a tank that is all.

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

Another dickhead in a tank

Mostly this, or if some people are being real asshats and a few friends want to get tanks and regulate, or if someone on crew/friends list is getting messed with and it seems to be the best option I'll bring in tank support. 

• dannybohy likes this

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:08 PM

still waiting to find out... having never been tempted to use a tank against another player my "tolerance" seems to be quite high... still dont own one even after cashocalypse

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

still waiting to find out... having never been tempted to use a tank against another player my "tolerance" seems to be quite high... still dont own one even after cashocalypse

It isn't a matter of "tolerance" or "necessity", at least for myself. It is not for revenge or vengeance. It is for for punishment.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by watchclock, 23 January 2014 - 04:47 PM.

Absolutely nothing will get me in a tank. I kill in GTA:O for the satisfaction of beating someone else. I will sneak up using Lester or even clip some dumb f*ck who is AFK. I will bomb entrance to Simeons garage, or just the HPV itself. I will run away from bad odds or sticky wasters . I will commit suicide if cornered. I can still feel satisfaction of the killing despite all these 'unfair' things because of one crucial reason - I'm almost never the victim of such tactics. I know other people do these things but they don't work on me because I play careful. The problem is I HAVE been blasted by tanks, and the reason for that is that unless they are going ape and making a hell of a noise they are very are hard to predict (of course if you watch movement on the map you can often tell, but this level of attention presupposes you are already suspicious, I'm talking about the 'what the f*ck is a tank doing here!!!' moments). All those other things ARE avoidable for the victim if they play smart. Tanks feel like they are something that's been hoisted onto an otherwise consistent game to appease players who like unfairness of the random 50:50 kind (whoever called a tank first etc) rather than the deliberate kind of 'unfairness' that is perfectly suited to a game themed on crime.

Basically, I'm saying I don't use a tank because even though I definitely am a c*nt, I'm not THAT much of a c*nt!

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

For me it doesn't take much, if I see a tank, I'll steal that tank.

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

Well. I'll get a tank if:

1) A n00b is killing even n00ber people with his/her n00b tank. Then I take my 1337-tank and kill him.

2) I want to wreak havoc in the game. No, please, not like a foo', meaning I won't voluntarily shoot at you folks. If I destroy your PV, goshdarnit, I'm sorry.

3) I get all mad for someone who doesn't know when to stop spawn-killing. Then, (s)he will know what true spawn-killing is...

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:24 PM

All u need is 1.5 million bucks and glitch the warstockcacheandcarry.com website to buy the tank. I acquired it at level 5.
  • tony.parente likes this

Silver_Paladin
  • Silver_Paladin

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:26 PM Edited by Silver_Paladin, 23 January 2014 - 04:27 PM.

loggin in and 200$

• l The Spider l likes this

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

All u need is 1.5 million bucks and glitch the warstockcacheandcarry.com website to buy the tank. I acquired it at level 5.

I think you misunderstood, my fine chap. He asked that in which situations would you get it, not how you'd be able to get it.

rawkus0815a
  • rawkus0815a

Street Hustla

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:28 PM

Maybe i would enter a tank if they would take away my sniper rifles...
Meh, i think even than i would not take a tank.
I like sessions with at least one tank in it. This means a lot of fun taking the drivrr(s) out.
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct likes this

Rpc07
  • Rpc07

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

Closest I come to getting my tank is if a lower level crew member wants to use it to regulate other tanks in the lobby, I enjoy sniping tanks way more then I do attacking them with another tank. I haven't used my own tank in many weeks. If it wasn't for the billions I had I would have never purchased it.
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct likes this

The Spook
  • The Spook

Driver - Assassin

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

I snipe tanks.

Yes, I have a tank, but i've only driven it all of 1 time, and it wasn't even to grief. Heavy Sniping people out of them is far more enjoyable than driving one in my opinion.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

took me 1.5m game bux I think, and level 70 :p

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Boss

• BUSTED!
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

If I ever see the skate park FULL of players on bikes and skate I will get it out then and cry tears of joy. 

Only possible in a friendly fire off lobby. And even then we will have YOLOSWAGS in Chrome Adders and Entity's driving over people having fun on bikes.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Only possible in a friendly fire off lobby. And even then we will have YOLOSWAGS in Chrome Adders and Entity's driving over people having fun on bikes.

Not true. I took a BMX and a Motocycle to the Halfpipe next to the Weazle plaza and long story short a few guys literally got out of their tanks to come watch. Few snipers on the roofs stopped too. I will agree though, that this is not common haha

TigerStyleLoungeAct
  • TigerStyleLoungeAct

Stoned Assassin

• Awaiting Authorization
  • England

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

I only ever consider the tank if there are multiple tanks from opposing crews spawn killing my crew but as a few posters before me have said, sniping the drivers out is way more fun.  Its been a few weeks since I even looked at my tank and the last few times was to lend to a lower level crew friend so they could just play with it lol.

SmokeDat
  • SmokeDat

I want a 'Minaj' w/ Nicki & Iggy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Nothing. I can handle myself on foot or in a car.

Sorry, I'm not a pussy like 80% of the player base.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:30 PM

Honestly ? Depends on the mood.

B-Turb0
  • B-Turb0

B-Turb0

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

God mode a$$holes that think they can't die.....so I get my tank lay them out then sit on them...over....and over.... and over....... and over..... and over.... and over........ and over.... again.

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Car Collector and Pegassi CEO

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:43 PM

A d*ckhead with another tank who blows me up for no reason and then continuously spawn kills me

• blk95ta and UchihaRingo like this

am30
  • am30

surprisingly nice

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

If I stumble accross a glitched tank whilst I'm cruising in a non-hostile way in my tank I'll blow them up.  I've never thought of getting my tank and just griefing others for no reason.  I just ocasionally cruise in for 10 minutes it to give it an airing.

I also use it on Death from Above when I'm rolling solo.  It's so much easiers and much more fun.

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:57 PM

With all the anti and pro tank posts, I thought this was a valid question to ask. Perhaps I am just curious. Anyways, what does it take for you to get a tank in PvP engagement. This doesn't include getting one for police killing or just having fun driving it around. What does it take for you to get a tank with the goal of blowing up other players?

1. When people pick on/group up against low levels and other players for zero cause other than to just pick on them because it is "easy". Not because I can't kill them. Because it draws attention away from the person being picked on to myself and I love the attention.

I'm in a MC & at least once a night some asshat comes up to where ever we're hanging out a decides to test his skills.

how do you know the person being ganged up in didn't start the fight?

tanks should only be used to get rid of other tanks.

(I've never been in a tank)

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Boom Bap Rap

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by rzurita01, 23 January 2014 - 06:17 PM.

If I'm going from A to B and someone blows up my car

adomingo2
  • adomingo2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

I don't own a tank, but if someone is spawn killing me over and over again I usually go into passive mode and steal it. I then kill the spawn killer one time and drive away with his tank. The person usually gets so pissed because they can't get another because I went all the way to Mt. Chillad with it.

Also I love sniping people out of the tanks, and watching other players all attempt to get it.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorization
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:22 PM Edited by The Angel King, 23 January 2014 - 06:22 PM.

1. When people pick on/group up against low levels and other players for zero cause other than to just pick on them because it is "easy". Not because I can't kill them. Because it draws attention away from the person being picked on to myself and I love the attention.

I'm in a MC & at least once a night some asshat comes up to where ever we're hanging out a decides to test his skills.

how do you know the person being ganged up in didn't start the fight?

tanks should only be used to get rid of other tanks.

(I've never been in a tank)

If I don't know, I stay out of it. That simple.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

If someone in a tank destroys my PV and I have to pay for it myself, its World of Tanks time.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

If I'm getting jumped I'll grab my tank. If a seasoned tank driver kills me I'll get it but I can sometimes kill them on foot. If I don't feel like be screwed with I'll grab it also but that's a catch 22.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users