Photo

[GTAO] Racing Tips and Tricks

179 replies to this topic
triplem
  • triplem

Asshole

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 June 2015 - 08:23 AM Edited by triplem, 18 June 2015 - 08:26 AM.

My tip... quoted by Nascar God "If you aint first, you're last!" Remember that fellas.

Except that it's wrong. Having a good showing against solid racers isn't being "last" and beating a bunch of randoms is barely being "first".

Triplem, do you have some racing tips please? I'm looking to improve my performance and I'm quite impressed with your w/l ratio. People tell me I need to brake before a hairpin but others tell me braking is for losers. I don't know what to believe plz help.

Braking and handbrake use depend on the car you're using. I find the Zentorno and Osiris much easier to use the hand brake on and drift around corners... or at least slide into a nice place. Probably the best tip it just look at where you wanna be turning or turning into and go for it, but timing is the key too.. practice it, and learn when to do it at what speeds etc. In the Turismo I tend to use both brake and handbrake.

Save a nitro for sharp turns... some races you find a corner is particularly sharp or narrow and you might ram into something... thats the best time to activate a nitro so you don't lose much time or momentum. Sometimes just drifting around a corner you might find the car wants to keep skidding or sliding in a direction, once you hit that nitro it will stop and continue to boost forward. Practice using them wisely. When at top speed and using a nitro, it doesn't do much. So save nitros for cornering etc if you can. (depends on the track)

Practice with all types of cars and races. I've noticed a lot of these so called pros tend to ignore stunt tracks with jumps and loops and look down on them. I think that's because they're sh*t at them and think it's some sort of way of cheat/troll or for kids, but it is something that can be mastered and a nice skill to have under your belt in-case you wind up in a track where someone is setting you up to fail like I have mentioned I do :p

I picked particular track, and not many know how to finish it. I don't wanna reveal which track it is yet. But you could find certain tracks that with a bit of practice you have the advantage over people. This is of coarse trolling in a way. I do it for the money, as i've said before. I don't claim to be a fantastic driver.... but i'm about 350 wins to 40 losses now. But yes, I am spamming the same tracks over and over again, and walking away with anywhere between $6500-$11,400 a race depending on time and whom i'm up against. Tho with a full lobby (which rarely happens) I have gotten just under $50,000 and that was not including any bets placed. You can take that route if you want, or if you want legit racing tips... I gave you a couple already.... others are the usual.... get ahead of the pack in races with more than 2 other competitors... usually they wanna ram you into walls or blow you up etc... let 2nd and 3rd and what not battle it out while you ignore them and focus on getting way out in front. Practice breaking and handbrakes, sometimes I alternate between them a couple of times for a sharp turn, you'll figure something out.

The quickest way between two points is a straight line. You can ignore the road, but be careful. It can be risky if you don't know the track yet. I dunno... thats all I can think of for now.

Oh, one more tip. If you go 1 on 1... and the other person leaves during the race. f*ck around, go explore, do whatever, then hit the last checkpoint/finish line between the 9:30 to 10:30 mark. It usually gives the maximum money you can get out of the race on your own. You can do the same thing solo, but people tend to leave and thats when you just cruise around not giving a f*ck.

• SPEEDSTER0595 likes this

Blood_94
  • Blood_94

Player Hater

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

Good advice guys keep it up

SPEEDSTER0595
  • SPEEDSTER0595

Red Rum Racing

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

My tip... quoted by Nascar God "If you aint first, you're last!" Remember that fellas.

Except that it's wrong. Having a good showing against solid racers isn't being "last" and beating a bunch of randoms is barely being "first".

Triplem, do you have some racing tips please? I'm looking to improve my performance and I'm quite impressed with your w/l ratio. People tell me I need to brake before a hairpin but others tell me braking is for losers. I don't know what to believe plz help.

Braking and handbrake use depend on the car you're using. I find the Zentorno and Osiris much easier to use the hand brake on and drift around corners... or at least slide into a nice place. Probably the best tip it just look at where you wanna be turning or turning into and go for it, but timing is the key too.. practice it, and learn when to do it at what speeds etc. In the Turismo I tend to use both brake and handbrake.

Save a nitro for sharp turns... some races you find a corner is particularly sharp or narrow and you might ram into something... thats the best time to activate a nitro so you don't lose much time or momentum. Sometimes just drifting around a corner you might find the car wants to keep skidding or sliding in a direction, once you hit that nitro it will stop and continue to boost forward. Practice using them wisely. When at top speed and using a nitro, it doesn't do much. So save nitros for cornering etc if you can. (depends on the track)

Practice with all types of cars and races. I've noticed a lot of these so called pros tend to ignore stunt tracks with jumps and loops and look down on them. I think that's because they're sh*t at them and think it's some sort of way of cheat/troll or for kids, but it is something that can be mastered and a nice skill to have under your belt in-case you wind up in a track where someone is setting you up to fail like I have mentioned I do :p

I picked particular track, and not many know how to finish it. I don't wanna reveal which track it is yet. But you could find certain tracks that with a bit of practice you have the advantage over people. This is of coarse trolling in a way. I do it for the money, as i've said before. I don't claim to be a fantastic driver.... but i'm about 350 wins to 40 losses now. But yes, I am spamming the same tracks over and over again, and walking away with anywhere between $6500-$11,400 a race depending on time and whom i'm up against. Tho with a full lobby (which rarely happens) I have gotten just under $50,000 and that was not including any bets placed. You can take that route if you want, or if you want legit racing tips... I gave you a couple already.... others are the usual.... get ahead of the pack in races with more than 2 other competitors... usually they wanna ram you into walls or blow you up etc... let 2nd and 3rd and what not battle it out while you ignore them and focus on getting way out in front. Practice breaking and handbrakes, sometimes I alternate between them a couple of times for a sharp turn, you'll figure something out.

The quickest way between two points is a straight line. You can ignore the road, but be careful. It can be risky if you don't know the track yet. I dunno... thats all I can think of for now.

Oh, one more tip. If you go 1 on 1... and the other person leaves during the race. f*ck around, go explore, do whatever, then hit the last checkpoint/finish line between the 9:30 to 10:30 mark. It usually gives the maximum money you can get out of the race on your own. You can do the same thing solo, but people tend to leave and thats when you just cruise around not giving a f*ck.

original.jpg

• traksta1 and ScottyB88 like this

smartergaming
  • smartergaming

PS4 (and PS3) YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrExmnqtB

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 June 2015 - 11:05 PM

Win/Loss ratios do not show who is a good player or a good racer.

I have just over a 1 to 1 ratio because I am more than happy to help show people how to drive well and win races or help them get their vehicle upgrades. I would rather run against someone with a fully upgraded car, who knows how to race and win, then to hang out on "my race, my terms" baiting noobs, using various tricks, glitches or cheats so I could have a better w/l ratio.

Show me someone with a very high win/loss ratio and I can guarantee you they are an egotistical, self-centered kind of player who is not willing to help friends/other players in the game... not the kind of player I care to play with...

• Cuz05 and SPEEDSTER0595 like this

gepi
  • gepi

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:51 PM

Altough i disagree with the last paragraph, i do agree that ratio does not matter and that everyone should avoid bait lobbies.

General tips for random lobbies

• Know your car and the track.
  • The race is not won on the first corner, but it might be lost. Try to keep a trajectory that will protect against ramming or the inevitable crashes between opponents
  • Use the brakes, but don't ride them. I use them more to keep the rear of the car in check before a tight corner, so a very quick blip should suffice
  • A quick release of the throttle is usually enough for most corners, except for tighter ones
  • Be smooth
  • Unless you know the lobby, assume you will be rammed into, so, always be defensive
  • If the track has a long straight and the lobby has catchup/slipstream, unless you have a decent lead, being second is the best position for a quick attack before the finish line
  • On bike races, if the track is very short or has lots of corners, use the Akuma, if it has long straights, use the Bati or Hakuchou to exploit the wheelie
  • Off-road races, use the Sanchez, anything else is usually a waste of time.
  • Be extra carefull on lagged lobbies, specially if they have traffic. Cars will pop up on top of you.
  • Don't quit the race (unless the lobby has some sort of issue). You might not win, but it is still good practice for the next one.

Based on my personal preferences

• Avoid ramming-bait or farming races like Arms Race, Criminal Records, Taxiing or anything wich requires going on a highway on full throttle 90% of the time
  • If the objetive is a nice clean race, lobbies with catchup and slipstreaming off, usually are a good indicator of the competition
  • If it mentions "ramps" anywhere on the name of the track or description, leave

Sorry for any written mistakes, but english is not my first language :)

• R3CON likes this

AcidRunner
  • AcidRunner

Closet Weaboo

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 27 July 2015 - 05:19 PM

What is proper cornering technique in this game?

Currently I use the brakes to lock up the car and send it to a small slide and power through the corner but I feel that I can go faster.

Hellpig
  • Hellpig

Player Hater

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:56 PM

Starting Grid

DONT REV WHILE YOUR WAITING FOR THE  COUNTDOWN (but beep like hell cos everyone does and the louder you beep the bigger your manhood...especially if you have a clown horn or La Cucaracha ..)...

Be patient, hit the accelerator when (GO) is on the screen, if you time it right you'll get a quick boost off the line, if your not in first be careful of nipping between other racers or smashing into the guy in front of you...

Actually... on the PC-version of the game I have found out a little trick I'd share with you:

When the countdown starts - REV up to the max, then start to let go the gas/max the gas again and again as fast you can. Like off-on-off-on etc. It will give you the boost 9.98 times out of 10 without having to try match the exact right moment. 

• MechanicMammal likes this

triplem
  • triplem

Asshole

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:18 AM

Starting Grid

DONT REV WHILE YOUR WAITING FOR THE  COUNTDOWN (but beep like hell cos everyone does and the louder you beep the bigger your manhood...especially if you have a clown horn or La Cucaracha ..)...

Be patient, hit the accelerator when (GO) is on the screen, if you time it right you'll get a quick boost off the line, if your not in first be careful of nipping between other racers or smashing into the guy in front of you...

Actually... on the PC-version of the game I have found out a little trick I'd share with you:

When the countdown starts - REV up to the max, then start to let go the gas/max the gas again and again as fast you can. Like off-on-off-on etc. It will give you the boost 9.98 times out of 10 without having to try match the exact right moment. 

Its not quite done like that.

You hold the accelerator down until just when the 1, of the 3-2-1 countdown begins to fade away. Then release the accelerator and slam it back down.

Swift1
  • Swift1

Assassin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:22 PM

The best tip for racing in GTAO other than understanding racing lines and speed management in corners is to race with and learn from better racers.

Instead of joining random races with the Pit maneuvering, slipstream and catchup baloney, join a racing crew and go into an event not with the intention of browbeating your way to victory, but rather to experience clean racing while observing what proficient racers do in and around corners.

Make some connections and let them give you some pointers. We race one night every week with an incredibly talented group of around 8-10 racers and while I consider myself a good racer, what I've learned from some of these guys and gals has been invaluable. Practice, observe, and ask players what they did in 'x' situation and while you may never beat those guys, it will make you a boss in any other race job with strangers.

Nugsy
  • Nugsy

President of Restless MC

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

Tuner rims,: Whilst they are ugly, they actually increase the grip of your car. I have some on my Massacro Racecar & it's the fastest sports class car on the race I'm currently doing.

The Comet becomes driveable with tuner rims. Try it & see for yourselves.

Pick a track, learn it, get your best times & then try again having switched the rims. The difference in times isn't great, but the feel is noticeable.

FlashMaisters
  • FlashMaisters

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

The "Off Road" wheels doesn't make any difference anymore, does it?
I've tested on my Elegy and it still jumps just like with the High End wheels... well, it seems to be the same for me. I also have got the same times on "Cutting Coroners".

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 22 November 2015 - 03:31 AM

After the update, things have just been weird and off.

Bad4bizbrad
  • Bad4bizbrad

Live & let die

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 January 2016 - 05:33 AM

Tuner rims,: Whilst they are ugly, they actually increase the grip of your car. I have some on my Massacro Racecar & it's the fastest sports class car on the race I'm currently doing.

Pick a track, learn it, get your best times & then try again having switched the rims. The difference in times isn't great, but the feel is noticeable.

Currently using the Comet. Decent car. Might trade it in pretty soon tho.

Locrito1995
  • Locrito1995

---

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:49 AM

Use Elegy/Jester RC/Massacro RC with off-roads if you're top notch.

Whatever you like if you're against randoms. Good racers barely ever loose against randoms.

LunAdss
  • LunAdss

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

Why try to time to 'go'? I just keep tapping my accelerate button.. Always works?

Locrito1995
  • Locrito1995

---

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 10 January 2016 - 05:16 PM

Why try to time to 'go'? I just keep tapping my accelerate button.. Always works?

Boost.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2016 - 11:08 PM Edited by MechanicMammal, 29 January 2016 - 11:17 PM.

What is proper cornering technique in this game?

Currently I use the brakes to lock up the car and send it to a small slide and power through the corner but I feel that I can go faster.

Yes you can go a lot faster, try not to slide at all! if you watch real life racing drivers you will see that they take the entry and the exit of the corner as wide as possible and cut into the apex at the middle point of the turn because this way you can carry much more speed coming out of the corner and onto the next straight. Also your car remains balanced and under control so if.there is something in your way on the corner (a crashed car perhaps) you can avoid it a lot easier as you will still have grip and traction to spare.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2016 - 08:20 AM Edited by MechanicMammal, 03 February 2016 - 08:21 AM.

Starting Grid

It works on the Xbone as well, I find it a lot easier to do and more consistent than the other way of boosting and if it does not boost let off and reapply the gas in the first half a second and you can get a late boost which actually seems more effective. 

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:29 AM

A few other tips that help me,

1. Using caution, if there are to many cars to fit around a corner hold back you will lose a lot less time that way and will be able to sail past the carnage.

2. On Motobikes try to keep your front wheel up as much as possible you can go significantly faster that way.(it is amazing how many people don't do this because it really makes a difference)this also works with boats.

3. Kurb/bump boosting again this speeds you up but it wont if you are hitting things on the walkway like signs etc and can unsettle your car if you are not careful I only use this if I have been taken off the track and need to make up time.

4. Try to get into races without catch up on as in my opinion it is a crutch for griefers and bad drivers, with this turned off they do not have a chance to catch you or knock you off the track.

5. Try to work out the driving style of the other racers around you and act accordingly.

6. Get the car/bike for the Job. (I watch a Youtuber Broughy1332 who has a very good channel where he does very concise  tests on all the cars).

7. You can get a small boost to acceleration in 2nd 3rd gears on rear wheel drive cars if you release the gas tap handbrake and then reapply the gas when you are close to the rev limit of those gears. This only works on rear wheel cars and some better than others.

8. if the guy ahead of you is a bit of a knob and you see him swerving into people as they try to pass him cleanly then dummy him make it look like you are going to pass on one side then at the last moment swerve to the opposite side to pass him 75% of the time he will end up trying to smash you but you won't be there and he will end up smashing himself into a wall. adjusting your speed can also have the desired effect if you can only pass on one side

9. Give other drivers space even a clean driver if pushed will push back. (I try not to have contact with anyone but if someone bashes me ill bash back) 

10. Practice, practice and more practice.

11. keep it Smooth use racing lines Wide entry and wide exit cutting into the apex of the corner midpoint it looks less spectacular than drifting a corner but it is a lot faster.

12. Slipstreaming if you are near a good driver but behind the leaders by some margin then try to help each other to catch up by swapping positions cleanly to get full advantage of the slipstream iv found many a racer to do this with when we have both been behind the pack especially on highway type races.

13. Carefull betting if someone is dominating a lobby why not bet on them you can make more money from this than winning yourself. I normally bet on myself and one other player if I feel im faster ill bet more on me if not ill bet more on him.

Im sure many of these tips have already been mentioned by others but I was not going to read every post on the thread lol these are just the ones that come to mind.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:53 AM

The free Elergy is one of the best cars in the class it is not the fastest in a straight line but it dominates the corners I personally use the Jester and Massacro Race cars.

Above Omnipotence
  • Above Omnipotence

2nd. To God

• Members

Posted 04 February 2016 - 01:48 AM

Double-clutching/forceshifting works with all vehicles, RWD, FWD, 4WD, and motorcycles but, does not work with electric vehicles.

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:16 PM

Double-clutching/forceshifting works with all vehicles, RWD, FWD, 4WD, and motorcycles but, does not work with electric vehicles.

Cool good to know,

I do not actually have any FWD cars so not tried it with them. but it has always seemed to be more effective/noticeable with the RWD cars for me, and some of those more than others like the Banshee really gets a benefit where say my Jester does not get effected nearly half as much for example. 

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 February 2016 - 02:49 AM

I have only just started to join races, I prefer driving over flying/boating etc.. Obviously I've raced standard, but most of the ones I get invited to end up being wallrides, pickups with rockets or strange required manoeuvres where you have to get up high or something.

So if someone could explain these few things:

How the sh*t do you wallride successfully???
How do you even shoot rockets in a race??? I just couldn't do it.
How to stand at chance at these crazy races???

I do these ones because like I said normally if I get invited to a normal one, there are maybe 2 or 3 of us.

Also I've noticed people doing sneaky sh*t like getting out of their car, blocking the road and shooting the rest of us. Any way to combat that? Or just suck it up and leave?

tails_prower_2040
  • tails_prower_2040

Sonic Mania

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

I have only just started to join races, I prefer driving over flying/boating etc.. Obviously I've raced standard, but most of the ones I get invited to end up being wallrides, pickups with rockets or strange required manoeuvres where you have to get up high or something.

I do these ones because like I said normally if I get invited to a normal one, there are maybe 2 or 3 of us.

Also I've noticed people doing sneaky sh*t like getting out of their car, blocking the road and shooting the rest of us. Any way to combat that? Or just suck it up and leave?

Wall riding is tricky esp if large numbers in the race, I've found the best way is to be slow and steady on the gas so accelerate the wall ride at speed but then as soon as you're

on take your finger off accelerate and apply the brake and steer/pump accelerator to give a boost of power to get over it but no 100% method, best to learn through trial and error.

L3 or is it R3 I can't remember fires rockets and if you look back and fire you can shoot them backwards.

As for the style it's best to practice in invite only on them to give yourself a chance to learn the best ways to do the track, once practiced you can then be in with a chance against

other players.

• MechanicMammal likes this

ceszayers
  • ceszayers

ราชินี

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 01 March 2016 - 12:14 AM

Wall riding is tricky esp if large numbers in the race, I've found the best way is to be slow and steady on the gas so accelerate the wall ride at speed but then as soon as you're

on take your finger off accelerate and apply the brake and steer/pump accelerator to give a boost of power to get over it but no 100% method, best to learn through trial and error.

L3 or is it R3 I can't remember fires rockets and if you look back and fire you can shoot them backwards.

As for the style it's best to practice in invite only on them to give yourself a chance to learn the best ways to do the track, once practiced you can then be in with a chance against

other players.

I was very frustrated with the rockets. I ended up button bashing and falling out of the car (repeatedly). Thankyou!

MechanicMammal
  • MechanicMammal

Snitch

• Members

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:40 PM Edited by MechanicMammal, 16 March 2016 - 12:46 PM.

Which system are you playing on? if it is a Xbone feel free to add me my GT is the same as it is on here, I do racing with my crew and other friends, we also do a weekly lap time competition in the crew which is great for learning and finding good pure racing tracks and just getting a lot faster generally.

Here is a link to the crew website if you are looking for people to race with of all skill levels on every platform http://www.damnednation.net/Nice bunch of guys and girls mostly from the UK but have a few members from all over the world over 18s only.

in answer to some of your questions.

If you do not want to get ambushed and shot in races make sure it is not set up as a GTA race or shoot/blow them up first.

But if you are in a gta race I think that the horn button fires rockets (left stick click) and to fire them backwards you look backwards while you are doing it.

Wall riding is down to the type of wall your riding to be honest but getting the speed correct is the general trick sometimes flat out is not the answer.

Do not be put off by smaller lobbies they are a great place to learn without as much chance of being taken out especially while learning.

Anyway good luck with the racing career and as I say feel free to contact me or look into the crew.

CarpenterBrut
  • CarpenterBrut

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2016 - 01:01 PM

If you're on PC, this applies.

I was dicking around with slammed cars and graphics settings.

With VSync ON and the game set to run @ 120 and 144hz, I was able to nearly hit 200mph (196 give or take) in a Rapid GT that was slammed. I went into a long-straight race (The Commute) vs another player with a fully modded Banshee 900R, same as myself. I beat them by a couple seconds, despite being fairly conservative around the two corners that you have to slow down on for the Banshee's sh*t handling. They were right next to me when we got to the first bridge, I beat them by ~4 seconds by the finish line.

KPKaccountt
  • KPKaccountt

Crackhead

• Members
  • Taiwan

Posted 23 March 2016 - 03:03 PM

-Starting at the first position does not guarantee a chance to win. During the start, be sure to avoid too much contact, but always maintain the position.

-Play safe ! Avoid taking too much risk. Don't push your car too hard around corners that you're not familiar with, just maintain the speed adequately. If you're on 2nd position, it's better to slipstream than trying to bump your opponent as it gives a high chance to screw yourself. 

-Players at the top 2 position can collaborate with each other by slipstreaming and avoid bumping. This will make them faster and thus keep the distance away from other players.

-Doing wheelie at motorcycle could actually make it faster, but dont do it at tight corners as it will compromise the handling.

-Choose a car that's superior in traction, it comes in handy for different conditions (Especially when it comes to contact with another car).

-Acceleration is much, much more important than top speed, unless the track is very long with minimal corners.

-When another player bumps you and you feel like you're about to lose control, head to the nearest barrier (Be sure the barrier is smooth and consistent !) and hit that barrier to keep you out from losing control. Braking can also help sometimes (It's better to lose 1 position than losing more.)

-When riding motorcycle on tight corners that you're not familiar with, be sure to stay in the middle lane to avoid crashing your head to the side barrier.

-When sprint jumping, use the analog control to maintain the car's angle (Be sure the angle is straight).

-Defensive tips : When you are about to turn right and there's a car at the back trying to crash you, be sure you stay at the right side of the road and brake hard to avoid getting thrown away out of corner. The same thing goes when you turn left (Stay at the left side of the road).

-Best way to make other driver got thrown away is to simply hit from the back as long as possible until there's a corner, but be sure to brake as usual when entering corner (pretend there's no car infront of you). 

Locrito1995
  • Locrito1995

---

• Members
  • Bolivia

Posted 23 March 2016 - 08:35 PM

If you're on PC, this applies.

I was dicking around with slammed cars and graphics settings.

With VSync ON and the game set to run @ 120 and 144hz, I was able to nearly hit 200mph (196 give or take) in a Rapid GT that was slammed. I went into a long-straight race (The Commute) vs another player with a fully modded Banshee 900R, same as myself. I beat them by a couple seconds, despite being fairly conservative around the two corners that you have to slow down on for the Banshee's sh*t handling. They were right next to me when we got to the first bridge, I beat them by ~4 seconds by the finish line.

What? You slammed a car mid-race, and after that you still managed to catch up and win?

Lol, wut.

sudon't
  • sudon't

Non-Playable Character

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:51 PM

Stay away from anyone in a Chradder, they are much more likely to PIT you

Right. If you have to race in a random lobby, stay away from all-chrome or all-pink vehicles. It's almost always a sure sign that the driver is a dickwad, and/or a child. If they don't take you out on purpose, they'll end up taking you out simply because they can't drive. After all, the reason people try to ram other players is because they don't know how to drive to begin with. It's the only technique they have to get ahead.

As for blocking, it's legit - up to a point. It's one thing to deny the inside corner of the turn to someone, but if you're swerving back and forth so that people can't pass you, then I think it's legit to nudge you out of the way. Chances are, when I do try to pass you, you're gonna end up PIT maneuvering yourself, anyway. Better I take you out intentionally, and maintain my control, than to wait until you smash into me.

I much prefer clean racing. If you make friends, or find a good crew, you won't have to race with randos. And if you think about it, maybe the reason these people are randoms in the first place is because they can't make any friends. You know, because they act like dickwads.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users