Photo

Quality off road races

9 replies to this topic
soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'm talking river crossings, mud bogging, beach blasting kinda stuff.
No gimmicky canyon jumps or anything stupid.
Preferably ones that only allow vehicles that make sense too, I don't really car for driving around the Tatavium mountains in an Entity.
I don't see many plugged. But I just want to know what some of the best ones are, surely there have been discoveries made?

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:00 PM

The race named Flat River, in this playlist: http://gtaforums.com...races-playlist/ is particulary good in that regard. Also have a look at the crew named DIRT as they seem to be creating off road races mainly: http://socialclub.ro...iad_dirt_riders

• PrimeTime MP likes this

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:06 PM

Cheers mate, I shall look now

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Finding dignity in my sig is a high speed off road sanchez race with no mountains!! :)

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:26 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 23 January 2014 - 08:30 PM.

I'll check out the some of the races in this thread when I get on tonight if I have some friends on.   

[coolstory]Every race I'm working on is off-road, but the one I'll likely finish first is in and around the Grand Senora that essentially takes place jumping dunes and cliffs, and using the large hills as quarter-pipes (the skating kind). I know that may sound gimmicky as f*ck but I honestly think the final product will be really enjoyable and something a bit different than what a lot of people are putting out, and offer a challenge at the same time but not too much of one. I'm not publishing until I'm 100% satisfied with each and every jump and checkpoint, because I refuse to let one force a spin-outs or cause confusion. I hate races where only the creator and his buddies know where to go. I'll update with a link when I'm done, which could be days or more than week (I'm more into deathmatches personally, but I'm pretty set on finishing this one.)[/coolstory]     

Hopefully this thread gets big, because in my opinion off-road races are more fun than regular ones and I'd like to see what other people's imaginations have come up with. 

crazytrain424
  • crazytrain424

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:44 PM Edited by crazytrain424, 23 January 2014 - 10:54 PM.

My crew has lots of quality offroad races. If your playing on x-box do not read any further because we are on ps3.

For starters my partner in crime, kendog_88 ,and I have created a whole series of Grand National Cross Country short course races. For those of you that don't know what GNCC is check out http://gnccracing.com/ . These races are set up for using either ATV's from the offroad class or dirtbikes from the motorcycle class. Real GNCC races are long endurance races through trails/creeks/forests/open desert etc., what we have made are short course versions of that, also known as hare scrambles. Some of these are very technical ( you will need to use brakes...a lot). If this sounds like your kind of thing go to the link below and the races named "GNCC Short Course ##" are what you are looking for. Kendog_88 made the ones with odd numbers, I made the even numbers.Also note that we made these before rockstar f*cked up the jumps with motorcycles, and a couple of these have large jumps that will wreck your dirtbike(ATV's hit the jumps fine though) Im Not sure if this has been fixed haven't played in a little over a week.

Also in the offroad catagory we have been working on a rallycross series which is made up of courses that are 90% dirt roads, they are standard races(1 man per car), NOT rally mode. These can be raced with just about any class..so whatever floats your boat there( we usually just use sport cars though). If this sounds like your kind of thing go to the link below and the races named "RC Short Course ##" are what you are looking for. I made the ones with odd numbers, kendog_88 made the ones with even numbers.

We put a lot of time and thought into all of our races and didn't just slap them together in 5 minutes, any feedback is appreciated. Feel free to add crazytrain424 (me) or kendog_88 on ps3 to do any kind of racing with us, whether it be our tracks or yours.

http://socialclub.ro...games/gtav/jobs

http://socialclub.ro...forddirtrunners

rkent
  • rkent

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:01 AM

I haven't made any true off road baja or trail riding types of tracks yet, but I have quite a few mixed surface dirt with tarmac created races.  They are rally style like crazytrain's (but raced in standard mode mostly).  People seem to enjoy them and I take my time laying them out.  Some are more realistic and others are more arcade style.  My buddy has some nice rally style races too.

If you are interested in doing some races with mod Sultans we'll be planning another "Sultan Night" on PSN soon.

retando's races

guilermo's races

rbmaster
  • rbmaster

All Star

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:16 PM Edited by rbmaster, 12 March 2014 - 04:28 PM.

My race "King of Mountains" fills pretty much what you asked for: rsg.ms/1geMk9p

I hope it has the quality you are looking for on an off road race. :-)

If you have any suggestions, please leave me some feedback on my creation thread (link's in my signature)

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:22 PM

^^ I'll vouch for "King of the mountain." Very fun fast pace track.

Mine aren't really races but a series of rocks crawls and hill climbs meant to be done slow. If you enjoy mud bogging/rock crawling you'll enjoy them. PS3 only though.

Link in my sig.

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:46 AM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 15 March 2014 - 06:06 AM.

Here are my few off-road races They are relatively new since I only recently picked up a couple of off-road vehicles to toy around with.

If you like these and would like to try my "hybrid" on/off-road races, let me know. I have a few that are back and forth between dirt and pavement.

1_0.jpg      379da4e2-cc4c-4faf-acc1-beb72c91f7ae_zps

Dust in the Wind

It's full throttle racing action at the wind farm. Help boost the San Andreas power grid by generating some wind of your own!

Note: It is currently set for traditional off-road vehicles with big tires (sandking, dune buggy, injection, rebel, mesa, etc) but the sanchez is bugged and cannot be disabled. So there is nothing stopping anyone from hopping on a sanchez and blowing the field away right now, sorry.

1_0.jpg      f67d4f93-09ad-40ff-91c4-d28efb724530_zps

Quadmire

Jump on an ATV and go full-throttle through the sloppy cattle yards of Grapeseed slinging mud in your competitors' faces. The winner here is whoever finishes with the least amount of manure covering their body.

Note: Supposed to be Blazer-only race (ATV/4-wheeler), but again with the sanchez bug

1_0.jpg      80097734-f9fe-418f-9ac1-3dab8c542737_zps

Quarry Quadrunners

Nothing gives a bigger middle finger to environmentalists than racing ATV's in a rock quarry. Well maybe racing SUV's would, but good luck finding enough room to race those here.

Note: Supposed to be Blazer-only race (ATV/4-wheeler), but again with the sanchez bug

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not really a true "off-road" race, but it IS on dirt and is supposed to be only for sandkings, mesas, rebels, and dustloaders...so I submit it if you think it might be fun for you. It really is a work-in-progress until the full version of the creator is released so I can go back and do it properly so that you actually drive over cars. Right now it is severely hampered by the 50 prop limit.

1_0.jpg     3ea1764f-bb53-4f34-88ec-53897f87f566_zps

Monster Truck Rally

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!! Witness the car crushing power of San Andreas's homegrown monster trucks. These beasts deliver high-octane entertainment with huge tires and huge air! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!

Note: Yet again with the sanchez bug. This is a work in progress. I need to go in and remove half the boosts for GTA mode. Awaiting release of full version of content creator to make this into a true monster truck rally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users