Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time Machine: Would you kill Adolf Hitler as a child?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic
GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:54 PM

weasel, have you by any chance ever served during your lifetime?

El Zilcho
  • El Zilcho

Virtuoso

• The Connection
  • European-Union

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

No, because it would likely change the world from its current state into something unrecognisable.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

He sure has:

1Jg8DjCl.jpg

• 018361, Andreas, GunWrath and 2 others like this

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

He sure has:

1Jg8DjCl.jpg

Harsh as f*ck.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:00 AM

How the picture of a homosexual actor in a servile role makes any credible addition to the topic is beyond me. It appears the newly appointed Moderators  have gone wild in the attempt to defame, and degrade the  personal existence of another member purely for the fun of it.

This is what is called Forum Bullying, it is dangerous when a member does it and doubly so when 'management' takes it up, 

This kind of conduct used to get members Banned, and here we have New Moderators doing it.

This may be a prelude to the future of this forum.

Get the Topic back on the subject.

• GrandMaster Smith, The Leviathan, SCAR. and 7 others like this

IM_YOUR_GOD
  • IM_YOUR_GOD

Christian Zionist Rank 9

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:36 AM

Whoever created the Zodiac!

Moth
  • Moth

Row Row Fight the Power

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:28 AM

This thread has got me thinking- can anyone think of a single historical figure whom the entire removal of from the annals of history would have a solely positive impact? 

Would recent historical figures count?

If so, I would nominate Osama Bin Laden. I can't really think of anything positive this guy was connected to.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

How the picture of a homosexual actor in a servile role makes any credible addition to the topic is beyond me. It appears the newly appointed Moderators  have gone wild in the attempt to defame, and degrade the personal existence of another member purely for the fun of it.

Don't flatter yourself, it's called humour. One would think, with the amount of time you spend trying to rile me up, and the number of times that you use it as an excuse for your own behaviour, that you'd understand.

This thread has got me thinking- can anyone think of a single historical figure whom the entire removal of from the annals of history would have a solely positive impact?

If so, I would nominate Osama Bin Laden. I can't really think of anything positive this guy was connected to.

That's probably a pretty decent shout. Though I wonder if that would have had any impact on the outcome of the Soviet conflict in Afghanistan and/or knock-on effect on the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Tyler
  • Tyler

we can build you

• Unknown

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

Timothy McVeigh. To a similar degree, David Koresh...

Saddam Hussein comes to mind as well but I only know the international humanitarian perspective, I don't know his entire policy and how it had a positive effect. Really it's impossible for any figure of history not have a single good action under their belt -- even if it's just giving a kid a lollipop once. If we're talking net positive and negative though, there's a big list in my back pocket we could talk about.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:56 AM

Timothy McVeigh. To a similar degree, David Koresh...

Saddam Hussein comes to mind as well but I only know the international humanitarian perspective, I don't know his entire policy and how it had a positive effect. Really it's impossible for any figure of history not have a single good action under their belt -- even if it's just giving a kid a lollipop once. If we're talking net positive and negative though, there's a big list in my back pocket we could talk about.

Some people contend that without Saddam Hussein's aggressive policies and bloated military Iraq would have been devoured by Iran and Saudi Arabia, but I don't have the insight to comment.

• Tyler likes this

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

Next time don't speak about things you don't know.

How ironic.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:06 PM

That's probably a pretty decent shout. Though I wonder if that would have had any impact on the outcome of the Soviet conflict in Afghanistan and/or knock-on effect on the collapse of the Soviet Union?

Oh please. Any employee of the USA's TSA would disagree with that historical alteration!

Osho
  • Osho

Gameplay to the Max!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:50 AM Edited by Osho, 28 January 2014 - 06:37 AM.

How ironic.

Stop quoting, if you are still blank and have nothing much to say then use the PM tool.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 09:14 AM Edited by lil weasel, 28 January 2014 - 09:19 AM.

Returning to the Original Topic:

If you had a time machine, aside from all the other self-indulgent things you'de use it for, would you...

Travel back in time and kill Adolf Hitler as a child? If killing him as an adult was not an option. Would you kill a child knowing that it would eventually save millions of lives?

As limited in this post... Yes, it would be easy to delete a child.

Shyabang Shyabang
  • Shyabang Shyabang

Wild Thing

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

People of that era (thus without the need of a time machine) attempted to but failed.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

How ironic.

Stop quoting, if you are still blank and have nothing much to say then use the PM tool.

The hypocrisy is just leaping out of your post, you're telling me to refrain from quoting yet you do it anyway. Excellent.

Osho
  • Osho

Gameplay to the Max!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:23 PM Edited by Osho, 28 January 2014 - 01:08 PM.

@ Svip

Thanks for sharing
--

Go back in time and kill Adolf Hitler as a kid? No.

But, if there's a possibility to modify certain things that happen usually what Hitler would do then I'd certainly try to stop them. 
But, these scenarios beg the question of how could it be done? 
I really wouldn't screw with history too much before knowing the results of modifying them.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Both of you, take it to PM if you insist on bickering.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

To be honest I don't see why Hitler is labelled the worst person in the world's most evil man. Look at Pol Pot, he murdered his own people for having anything over a third grade education for god sakes. Plus, Hitler rebuilt Germany after World War I. Had he not done that, Germany could well be a third world country today.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

You are aware that the highest total figure of deaths attributed to the Khymer Rouge across the whole of Cambodian society is only about half of the commonly accepted figure for Jewish holocaust victims alone?

Which isn't to say that one is worse than the other, just your statement seems to imply the Cambodian genocide was more sizeable than the holocaust. Murder of academics and societal elites en massey was par for the course in most Communist states to be honest. Both China and Russia engaged in it and most of the Communist terrorist groups in Europe specifically targeted intellectuals too.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

I think it is easy to explain why Hitler is seen as the most evil.  Because his evil is far easier to understand.  While Stalin - in my opinion - is a lot worse than Hitler, his evil originated from Stalin's own paranoia.  Stalin did not hate a certain group of people, but anyone who threatened his position.  This led to an enormous amount of seemingly random people being thrown in gulags and mock trials.

I'd even argue Stalin is worse than Mao, despite Mao's action resulting in deaths of far more people (people estimate Mao is responsible for about 80 million while Stalin is responsible for about 30 million), because Mao's blood on his hands is primarily due to a bit of incompetence in planning his cultural (and industrial) revolution in China.  Asking farmers to melt down all their metal work for machinery is asking for trouble.

While Stalin's paranoia can also be seen in Nixon (Nixon just didn't have the apparatus to kill so many people), I actually consider King Leopold II of Belgium far worse than any of them.

Leopold II had managed to obtain - through an explorer - the entire state of what is today the Democratic Republic of Congo (not the other Congo), which became 'Free State Congo'.  But free is pretty much anything it wasn't.  It was de facto Leopold II's own property and he could do whatever he wanted with it.  And he did.  He used the area to increase his personal wealth with planting and selling rubber.  There was no free market, as all rubber could only be purchased by the state, and the state set the price.

There was even imposed penalties on any village who failed to meet the required rubber production numbers.  These penalties meant the death of the villagers.  Because the ammo and guns transported - at great expense - from Europe to Congo was meant only for killing villagers, soldiers - the Force Publique - was required to return the hands of the villagers they had killed as proof that they were dead.

Most soldiers - who wanted to use the guns and ammo for hunting rather than killing villagers - eventually simply began just cutting off villagers' hands while they were still alive.  And hands eventually became a currency in Congo.  There were often small wars fought among villages, if a village would fail to meet the required rubber production levels, they would attack another village for their hands, so their own hands wouldn't get cut off (or them being shut) when the Force Publique eventually came for them.

All the while Leopold II - quite aware of what was going on - was made rich off the rubber sales, until the rubber prices peaked in around 1904, and he was eventually forced - after the affair in Congo became public knowledge[1] - to relinquish Congo to the Belgian Parliament in 1908.

[1] The Free State Congo had barred any reporting from the Congo that reflected negatively on the situation.

• sivispacem likes this

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

Nope, sorry but If I had a time machine I ain't messing with world affairs lol.

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:27 AM Edited by ShootPeopleNotDope, 30 January 2014 - 06:28 AM.

fisk.1.jpg

Ah, the good old days when Bin Laden was a "freedom fighter", and Mandela a "terrorist." The good old days before the love died..

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

fisk.1.jpg

Ah, the good old days when Bin Laden was a "freedom fighter", and Mandela a "terrorist." The good old days before the love died..

Is that actually legit? Osama's f*cking confusing. He's supposed to be from a really rich family... I don't see why he'd go out and fight. I mean, besides the psycho part.

ShootPeopleNotDope
  • ShootPeopleNotDope

kill the cop inside your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:13 AM

fisk.1.jpg

Is that actually legit? Osama's f*cking confusing. He's supposed to be from a really rich family... I don't see why he'd go out and fight. I mean, besides the psycho part.

Yep. The CIA actually supplied him with money and weapons to help defeat the Soviets. 

http://en.wikipedia....eration_Cyclone

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:27 AM

Not him specifically, but the Mujahideen in general. Didn't do a brilliant job of caveating who got what, so most of it ended up in the hands of the Islamists when the Afghan civil war really started kicking off between '92 and '96.

motosyko
  • motosyko

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:30 AM

Great Scott! The consequences could be disastrous!
  • PsychoGamer3 likes this

Happy_Killstick
  • Happy_Killstick

こんにちは

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

With all this negative talk of Hitler, I think it is time we recognised good things he did:

• Standardised time zones in Europe (France might still be using Paris time today!).
  • Made sure most of Europe drove on the right (except the UK and Sweden).
  • Rid the world of Charlie Chaplin-moustaches.

We switched to the right side 1967.

And no i would not kill Hitler, i'd instead go back and change a few mistakes i did, like being born for example.

Myron
  • Myron

I shot Reagan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:38 PM

We switched to the right side 1967.

And no i would not kill Hitler, i'd instead go back and change a few mistakes i did, like being born for example.

Why the f*ck are you bumping all of these topics?

• Moth likes this

Voodoo
  • Voodoo

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Why the f*ck are you bumping all of these topics?

:^:

• Moth likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users