Quantcast

» «
Photo

Time Machine: Would you kill Adolf Hitler as a child?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
149 replies to this topic
sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

I think the people of the Falkland Islands and the Unionist, Protestant citizens of Northern Ireland may disagree there.

Mr. House
  • Mr. House

I'm not good with people, but at least I'm not a racist

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:30 AM Edited by Nale Dixon, 24 January 2014 - 09:33 AM.

Sure, but f*ck Margaret Thatcher.

I mean the amount of people who would have been somewhat inconvenienced if the Falklands Islands was returned to Argentina is dwarfed by the amount of people who were fisted by the actions of those two.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:10 AM Edited by lil weasel, 24 January 2014 - 10:11 AM.

There was a guy that existed. That much is widely accepted by most scholars.

in all likelihood he just suffered from a rare case of extreme schizophrenia (impossible to diagnose at the time) combined with incredible public speaking ability and impenetrable self-confidence (possibly amplified by the schizo delusions). next thing you know he's got a hooker and an eclectic group of hippies following him around the desert telling everyone that he's the father of the universe and the one-true religion.

What would you expect from a child that all his life was being told he was the Son of God. As far as followings take a look as 'his return' (see: Brother Julius, Meriden Connecticut)

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:26 AM Edited by Murray Bunyan, 24 January 2014 - 10:27 AM.

No. Instead I'd reform him to make him be one of the greatest people on earth!

Jokes aside, it's apparent that the majority of the India/Pakistan praises Hitler, which leads me to believe that they are completely oblivious of his depraved acts, I just wanted to hear it from someone who has observed it all so closely. What do you believe?

Relevant: http://www.spiegel.d...n-a-683966.html

SatournFan
  • SatournFan

[Y]es

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

If there would be an 'undo' button in time machine, I'd kill him, just to see the effects and then undo the thing I've done. I'd also like to watch what would happen if Hitler actually won in WW2.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:46 AM

Sure, but f*ck Margaret Thatcher.

I mean the amount of people who would have been somewhat inconvenienced if the Falklands Islands was returned to Argentina is dwarfed by the amount of people who were fisted by the actions of those two.

Granted (subjectively, that's not a debate I can be remotely bothered to have), but my question wasn't really about the balance of good or utilitarianism but about the removal of people whose existence left a solely negative legacy.

Like, for instance, can anyone hypothesise any negative connotations for entirely removing Senator Joseph McCarthy from existence?

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

Jokes aside, it's apparent that the majority of the India/Pakistan praises Hitler, which leads me to believe that they are completely oblivious of his depraved acts, I just wanted to hear it from someone who has observed it all so closely. What do you believe?

Talking about India, but by blaming the people of India you don't realize that Nazi symbol "swastika" is actually a sign of purity and holiness. Rather picking names, you need to understand the cultural orientation of Indians living with any or fully knowledge about the background of Hitler. The biggest reason being the India's education system that's completely ignorant of certain important "facts" of Hitler's history
The majority of people in India is still surviving every day for basic requirements of living more important than going school because of that, in many instances, they are not taught enough to recognize it. I wouldn't deny the fact that still some Indians admire Hitler rather Gandhi mainly because Hitler ruined the economies of Britain and France, and as such, they give much importance to this one fact ignoring his crimes. But such an ignorance prevails or seen in every part of the world, in some or the other way, not just India and not just regarding Hitler.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Legendary
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

With all this negative talk of Hitler, I think it is time we recognised good things he did:

• Standardised time zones in Europe (France might still be using Paris time today!).
  • Made sure most of Europe drove on the right (except the UK and Sweden).
  • Rid the world of Charlie Chaplin-moustaches.
  • universetwisters likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Drunken Cowboy hit the throttle harder than the rest o

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Biggest Fanboy 2014
    Worst Fanboy 2013
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

I'd raise him as my own then the world would be well and truly f*cked.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

I'd raise him as my own then the world would be well and truly f*cked.

CNN Breaking News! Hitler marched on Poland after the President of Poland declared video game Grand Theft Auto IV "boring." Hitler announced he would be performing public executions. Stay tuned at 11.

• Miamivicecity likes this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:43 PM Edited by EQUIN0X, 24 January 2014 - 02:52 PM.

Who Wouldn't go back in time and kill Hitler if they had the chance?  Gimme a break.....

No. Killing a historical figure who changed the course of the world because of selfish personal butthurt reasons is outright foolishness. You might as well assassinate Nero, King Leonidas and Elizabeth Báthory.

And, as others have said, most modern technology we have today is because of the Nazis.

The Nazis really don't get enough credit for their brilliant scientists and engineers they had.

Yeah, the brilliant scientists and engineers that for the most part wanted NOTHING to do with Nazism.

For the most part? I doubt that. Perhaps near the end of the war, but before the start of WWII, I'm sure they were just fine.

After all, Germany, thanks to Hitler, had just been restored from a massive depression and unbearable poverty to a thriving new empire, with no unemployment.

How many brilliant men and women were put to death by Nazism merely because of their race?

I can't think of many other than Jews, considering black people, Japanese and Muslims were in the Wehrmacht and happily fought alongside the Nazis.

Also, let's not forget about Robert Goddard, an american, and TRUE inventor of rocket science.

I don't think anyone's denying that, just merely giving credit where credit is due.

EDIT: Damn it, I said I wasn't going to get involved in political talk.

Short answer on-topic answer: No.

Slave Boy
  • Slave Boy

Obedient

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:36 PM

tP9MJrm.jpg

I'm not going to be tricked to brake #6 and fry in Hell.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:13 PM Edited by Murray Bunyan, 25 January 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Talking about India, but by blaming the people of India you don't realize that Nazi symbol "swastika" is actually a sign of purity and holiness. Rather picking names, you need to understand the cultural orientation of Indians living with any or fully knowledge about the background of Hitler. The biggest reason being the India's education system that's completely ignorant of certain important "facts" of Hitler's history
The majority of people in India is still surviving every day for basic requirements of living more important than going school because of that, in many instances, they are not taught enough to recognize it. I wouldn't deny the fact that still some Indians admire Hitler rather Gandhi mainly because Hitler ruined the economies of Britain and France, and as such, they give much importance to this one fact ignoring his crimes. But such an ignorance prevails or seen in every part of the world, in some or the other way, not just India and not just regarding Hitler.

Excellent reading comprehension, would you kindly direct me to that exact line where I stated anything about the swastika symbol? Picking names?

It seems to me that you just skimmed my post rather poorly and assumed I had no knowledge of Hinduism or other religious or cultural systems that are practiced in India. If you deliberately skipped on the article that I posted earlier, I advise that you read it so that you may comprehend what I was trying to express.

Again - relevant:bangladesh-street-seller-mein-kampf.jpg

econ_hitler50__01__630x420.jpg

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

Excellent reading comprehension, would you kindly direct me to that exact line where I stated anything about the swastika symbol? Picking names?

It seems to me that you just skimmed my post rather poorly and assumed I had no knowledge of Hinduism or other religious or cultural systems that are practiced in India. If you deliberately skipped on the article that I posted earlier, I advise that you read it so that you may comprehend what I was trying to express.

Your reply to the original quote, was by relating to what generally a belief around among "India" (in specific) about Hitler for different reasons. This was not necessary, because Ace simply replied to the topic. 

I'm not sure how you got the idea that he did praise or admire, in reality, it's not proper by associating his example (even if he does admire) easily with what generally, Indians praise or believe. I tried to explain that it's NOT applicable by your logic.

There's always something like this happening. Basically, some people pick some random opinions and tag it with the "majority" of the country or nation, as seen in your reply. You may post as many articles you find on the web but that won't form the "majority" of any nation or country. Obviously, it's not the right way to judge it.

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:25 PM Edited by sivispacem, 25 January 2014 - 10:45 PM.

Your reply to the original quote, was by relating to what generally a belief around among "India" (in specific) about Hitler for different reasons. This was not necessary, because Ace simply replied to the topic. 
I'm not sure how you got the idea that he did praise or admire, in reality, it's not proper by associating his example (even if he does admire) easily with what generally, Indians praise or believe. I tried to explain that it's NOT applicable by your logic.
There's always something like this happening. Basically, some people pick some random opinions and tag it with the "majority" of the country or nation, as seen in your reply. You may post as many articles you find on the web but that won't form the "majority" of any nation or country. Obviously, it's not the right way to judge it.

"I'm not sure how you got the idea that he did praise or admire" Your reading comprehension clicked, again. I asked him what his thoughts were on the matter. There is no my "logic" as I never intended to create or show it in my statement. I do, however, admit that my premise was a baseless one. But it's an objective thing, your opinion doesn't matter, either.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

I do, however, admit that my premise was a baseless one. But it's an objective thing, your opinion doesn't matter, either.

This is the reason. Clearly, you belong to the category making baseless premises, picking random web sources and ask others what they think about it.
You properly ended the argument accepting it, thus lost all credibility further.
In the end, you still aren't able to further explain how "majority" of India praises the said person??

lt_yao
  • lt_yao

Satie

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

Have we learned nothing from Dr. Who?

Murray Bunyan
  • Murray Bunyan

Peon

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

I do, however, admit that my premise was a baseless one. But it's an objective thing, your opinion doesn't matter, either.

This is the reason. Clearly, you belong to the category making baseless premises, picking random web sources and ask others what they think about it.
You properly ended the argument accepting it, thus lost all credibility further.
In the end, you still aren't able to further explain how "majority" of India praises the said person??

Are you implying that you had any credibility to begin with? I knew I was I was arguing with a person who, instead of countering with a solid statement, pathetically tries to read my statement then misinterprets it and blames it all on me.

The thing is, my post was never directed at you, yet you love to participate in conversations that do not involve you, you made a fool of yourself. I do not owe you any further explanation as I already admitted earlier.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:00 PM Edited by AceKingston, 26 January 2014 - 12:00 PM.

No. Instead I'd reform him to make him be one of the greatest people on earth!

Relevant: http://www.spiegel.d...n-a-683966.html

Honestly, I haven't seen anyone who actually praises Hitler in India and I did not know about it until you pointed out the article. And my point about reforming Hitler was actually serious.

If you're asking about my opinion about Hitler, let's put it this way:

Hitler as a soldier/strategist - Yes.

Hitler as a Person - No.

• Murray Bunyan likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:22 PM Edited by Osho, 26 January 2014 - 01:02 PM.

.... instead of countering with a solid statement, pathetically tries to read my statement then misinterprets it and blames it all on me.
I'm not blaming you instead trying to point out all the while your baseless premise by making you accept for it and eventually you ended up being grossly let down by your own irresponsible statement with no proper reasoning in support. You continuously finding faults in me rather understanding the cause of the argument by such childish (baseless) claim put forward by you.
It doesn't matter were you asking me or not, since I never tried or had any intention to offend you.
Next time don't speak about things you don't know.
Discussion closed.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

Hitler was an atrocious strategist. All was relatively fine and dandy for the Wehrmacht up until Hitler began interfering directly with strategic and operation decision-making. The fact the idiot overruled Heinz Guderian, who was probably the finest strategic mind in the whole of the Western world circa 1943 and Inspector General of Armoured Troops, speaks volumes about his military leadership. 

• Moonshield and theadmiral like this

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Hitler as a soldier/strategist? That is pretty laughable. It's well known the man was militarily inept and any success he enjoyed came from the brilliant generals behind him such as the Desert Fox and several others.

If you are going to pick a redeeming quality, the only one that seems viable is as a charismatic speaker with the ability to inspire the masses.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:19 PM Edited by CatDog96, 26 January 2014 - 02:20 PM.

If I had a time machine I'd go back one day with the winning lotto numbers.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

I don't know if I would kill Hitler as a child. Only because I don't know exactly how things would have turned out had he not done what he done. If he didn't lead so many people to become what they were who's to say someone else more convincing, more strategic and more resilient wouldn't have taken his place?

• Osho likes this

EQUIN0X
  • EQUIN0X

Above The Rain

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:00 PM

If I had a time machine I'd go back one day with the winning lotto numbers.

Absolutely this.

Nice Raid sig, by the way.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

I don't know if I would kill Hitler as a child. Only because I don't know exactly how things would have turned out had he not done what he done. If he didn't lead so many people to become what they were who's to say someone else more convincing, more strategic and more resilient wouldn't have taken his place?

That's basically what I said. And, then this was posted:

sivispacem, on 23 Jan 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

You are sure based on what? The simple fact of the matter was that the NSDAP were united around the figure of Hitler and he was about the only part of the organisation capable of gaining public traction. Hence their astounding lack of success before his intervention, at a time when other alternative movements like Socialism and Communism were far more popular.

If you're so convinced that the NSDAP could have succeeded without Hitler why don't you explain this conviction and what makes you so confident in it, with reference to other senior figures in the German far right movement between 1928 and 1933, their public image and popularity in contrast to mainstream and alternative political forces of the time?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

Actually what you said was that it was categorical fact that someone of equal political standing and with the same aggressive, violent would have replaced Hitler. I merely pointed out that much of the political success of the NSDAP was based on Hitler himself and the surrounding cult of personality.

Sometimes I wonder if you're so obtuse in the rest of your life or whether you just reserve it for your persons on this forum.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:07 PM Edited by lil weasel, 26 January 2014 - 06:08 PM.

No, I am sure that if Herr Hitler wasn't the leader someone of the other Politicos would have taken his place. The situation was in the minds of too many People for it to not reach the Flash Point.

Actually what you said was that it was categorical fact that someone of equal political standing and with the same aggressive, violent would have replaced Hitler. I merely pointed out that much of the political success of the NSDAP was based on Hitler himself and the surrounding cult of personality.

Sometimes I wonder if you're so obtuse in the rest of your life or whether you just reserve it for your persons on this forum.

What "I" said was, "I am sure that if Herr Hitler wasn't the leader someone of the other Politicos would have taken his place."

Does anyone else see the 'aggressive' difference?

Do you always have to take 'pot shots' when you don't agree with opinions? Also, your compulsive obsession to 'correct'  reminds so much of the TV character "Dr. Sheldon Cooper". You both seem so alike ... :^:

At least your vile language has been blunted. :)

• Osho and theadmiral like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

"Sure" That's certainty.

Let's not forget that you're the one making cheap shots up there ^. Hypocrite.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Legendary
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

This excellent article should provide you with all your Hitler-time machine related needs.

• Osho likes this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users