Photo

What leaks were true about the game?

39 replies to this topic
Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

Thanks for the answwers guys, but someone has to know about what happened to "follow the blue".

Plank.
  • Plank.

master trole 2015

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:14 PM

The casting call was correct. I don't think the names listed in it were ever meant to be the final names.

Can somebody find the topic that references taking people to the Altruist cult and talks of Albert(beta Franklin)? I'm very interested. Search engine on here tends to be useless for me.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• V Staff
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:17 PM Edited by Andreas, 24 January 2014 - 10:25 PM.

There were two topics that fit to what you search for, Granen93. The first topic was 'Where is the blue?', which, as far as I know, was deleted minutes after its creation and contained a poll that asked "1102?" with two possible answers: "5 guys, 5 bullets, 5 letters" and "204". The other topic was 'Find the blue' from April 2012.

The funny thing about the former one is that 1102 could be indicated as November 2nd, which was the date when the debut trailer of GTAV was published, and adding 204 days to it results into May 24th (2405) 2012. Coincidence or not?! :p

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

If I remember correctly, beta Michael was Albert and beta Franklin was Michael, some people seem to get confused about that.  The Rush casting call and the mention of the 3 protagonist names were the only leaks.  Everything else was purely speculation and lucky guesses, although guessing it would be set in Los Santos wasn't that hard to predict.

Mr Pickles
  • Mr Pickles

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

not worth losing your joj over

rocksauce shouldn't make promises that cannot be kept.

Peter Molyneux R* new VP of marketing!

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

Given the way the GTAV story was thrown together, it's hard to believe they were even working hard on it in 2011.  :/ So it seems that any "leak" in that time frame would be based on very early drafts or brainstorming. 

For GTA 6, Rockstar is just going to announce that the game is in "full development", thenlet the GTA fanbase run wild with story rumors for about a year and half, and then pick the best rumors to mashup into the actual GTA 6 story.  That way they can do even less work, for about the same final quality.  :colgate:

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:49 PM

A good majority of the rumours relating to GTA V, leading up to its release, turned out to be false or at best, only partially true. For example, parts of the "Ex-Rockstar Employee Information Leak" actually turned out to be true but it was mixed in with a lot of stuff that turned out to be false, or is partially true but over-exaggerated or factually incorrect. Which makes me think that whoever 'leaked' this at the time was full of crap (i.e; just wishful thinking) and that the stuff that turned out to be true was purely coincidental:

Spoiler

Source.

With that being said, people are mentioning characters and I just want to add that a lot of the characters leaked in a supposed casting call (a list of which can be seen here, scroll down to the bottom of the page) actually did turn out to be legit, albeit with different names when the game was released.

When you said "Ex-Rockstar Employee Information Leak" I thought you were going to talk about this: 

RockstarNorthLeakInfo_zpsaba7e1e6.png

Source

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:28 AM

There were two topics that fit to what you search for, Granen93. The first topic was 'Where is the blue?', which, as far as I know, was deleted minutes after its creation and contained a poll that asked "1102?" with two possible answers: "5 guys, 5 bullets, 5 letters" and "204". The other topic was 'Find the blue' from April 2012.

The funny thing about the former one is that 1102 could be indicated as November 2nd, which was the date when the debut trailer of GTAV was published, and adding 204 days to it results into May 24th (2405) 2012. Coincidence or not?! :p

Thanks man! :)

America
  • America

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

I dont if anyone knows this but Albert de Silva is the name of the boston strangler. So there is no way it could have been the protagonists real name.

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

The one who knocks.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

I dont if anyone knows this but Albert de Silva is the name of the boston strangler. So there is no way it could have been the protagonists real name.

The Boston Strangler's name was Albert DeSalvo, and even if it were De Silva, that wouldn't be basis to say that there's no way Rockstar wouldn't have done that. I mean, they named Michael after a real criminal in witness protection, so why not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users