» «
Photo

What leaks were true about the game?

39 replies to this topic
Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:36 AM Edited by Granen93, 23 January 2014 - 02:38 AM.

Well, we who've been here for quite some time now all the supposed "leaks" that were brought upon us. From someone posting bits of images to supposed easter eggs in GTA IV. So, which ones were true?

Anyone remember the guy deepthroat or whatever he nicked?

EDIT: I guess I posted this in the wrong section. It should be in the general GTA V section, not the gameplay section.

Could a mod move this?

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:18 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 23 January 2014 - 03:18 AM.

I don't remember which ended up being true. I know some of the fake rumors, like how someone said the character who was Michael was actually going to be Claude and he was starting a new path. I also recall a lot of talk about CJ after that one screenshot of police chasing a black guy.

Bat Guano
  • Bat Guano

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

Niko can climb telephone poles

• stjimmy3 and iiGh0STt like this

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

I think that it's likely that the Albert de Silva leak could have been correct very early in the games development! when Rockstar got the slightest whiff if the leak they covered their tracks by renaming the character. The surnames are just too similar for the leaked information to have been coincidental. Plus, the leaker of that information also mentioned a son, which is obviously a key part of the plot, with Michael being the first GTA protagonist to be a father.
  • JohnDoe7125539271 likes this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

Their was supposedly one in September 2011 in which somebody claimed that it would soley be in Los Santos with three protagonists called Albert, Michael and Trevor.

To this day I'm still unsure whether this was legit or not as the legitimatley leaked Rockstar Changelog (leaked only a couple of days ago supposedly) has mention of Franklin as early as June 2011.

TyphoonJames
  • TyphoonJames

LSPD - Rooftop Bastard

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:52 PM Edited by TyphoonJames, 23 January 2014 - 01:53 PM.

There was one with the names Albert De Silva, Franklin and Trevor. Coincidence? I think not. It also mentioned a fat, FPS playing son who smoked pot, so it's highly likely to be legit.

• poklane likes this

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Thug

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Someone said their friend had been testing the game and you could drive taxi passengers up a mountain and deliver them to a cult... There was a lot of scoffing and cries of "bullsh*t" at the time but I'd say the leak was legit.

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

Nothing, I suppose.

Except the discussions in the 'Mapping Thread'

Matty
  • Matty

Bounty Hunter

• Australia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:20 PM

A good majority of the rumours relating to GTA V, leading up to its release, turned out to be false or at best, only partially true. For example, parts of the "Ex-Rockstar Employee Information Leak" actually turned out to be true but it was mixed in with a lot of stuff that turned out to be false, or is partially true but over-exaggerated or factually incorrect. Which makes me think that whoever 'leaked' this at the time was full of crap (i.e; just wishful thinking) and that the stuff that turned out to be true was purely coincidental:

Spoiler

Source.

With that being said, people are mentioning characters and I just want to add that a lot of the characters leaked in a supposed casting call (a list of which can be seen here, scroll down to the bottom of the page) actually did turn out to be legit, albeit with different names when the game was released.

• rob243, Captain Arthur, iiGh0STt and 1 other like this

dave4242
  • dave4242

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Micheals name being changed wasnt due to any sort of leak, it was albert da silva in the casting call, before ned luke was givrn the role. You never use the real character names during a casting call.
  • Osho likes this

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:43 PM Edited by Gta-freak-VI, 23 January 2014 - 04:49 PM.

I remember someone got banned for leaking the characters' names but was considered a troll during that time as no one believed him. He guessed two right (Trevor and Michael) and this was before we knew about the multiple protagonists.
Found it since the search button actually worked. Here it is http://gtaforums.com...e-later-summer/
  • tom_p1980 and rob243 like this

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:50 PM Edited by Snake Without a Tongue, 23 January 2014 - 04:50 PM.

There was a lot of true stuff that was impossible to guess at that was mixed with falsity. So either some stuff got changed, or the leaker deliberately mixed true with false.

The biggest facts were the names (Ha, ha, a GTA protagonist named Trevor -- yeah, right) and the Altruist cult.

Edit: Also the casting call.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

I remember someone got banned for leaking the characters' names but was considered a troll during that time as no one believed him. He guessed two right (Trevor and Franklin) and this was before we knew about the multiple protagonists and he also had a bit of info in his post.

He got the names Trevor and Michael right, but called Franklin "Albert" - however, Albert was known at the time (through the Rush casting call) as the name of the character that ended up being Michael, so he actually got two names wrong.  Besides, as mentioned above, Franklin was referred to by his real name in the changelog, so an ex-Rockstar employee wouldn't make that mistake.  As for the multiple protags thing, there had been a rumour of five protagonists months before V was announced, and the IV games had three protags, and trailer one had focussed on at least two characters (Michael and Franklin) so there was enough there.

As for "leaks" that ended up being true, I think the Rush casting call and the rumour of LA as the next setting are the only two credible ones, as well as the mention of GTA V in an xml file hosted on Social Club a month before the game was announced.

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think that it's likely that the Albert de Silva leak could have been correct very early in the games development! when Rockstar got the slightest whiff if the leak they covered their tracks by renaming the character. 

More likely that those names never would've stayed the same anyway. 

• Osho likes this

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:36 PM

What was up with that dude deepthroat then? He supposedly was behind leaks for GTA IV as well.

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

not worth losing your joj over

rocksauce shouldn't make promises that cannot be kept.

SmoothGetaway
  • SmoothGetaway

I got respect for reality

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

Multiple protags is the first one I remember hearing about, along with the LA/Hollywood setting.

As others have said the casting call was pretty much our best info.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

What was up with that dude deepthroat then? He supposedly was behind leaks for GTA IV as well.

I'm curious about that too. 

Was the "follow the blue" mystery ever solved? How about the "follow the nine"?

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

man, some people think its so hard for information to be leaked about a big ass block buster game like GTA. Even when you provide proof of things that couldn't just so happen to be a coincidence, people label it as "wishful thinking"....

I mean, the whole albert de silva, Michael, trevor, fat useless gaming son, three protags, all couldnt just be coincidence. someone spilled the beans, then someone else came behind them and tried to hurry and clean it up... all this sh*t was right in front of our noses the whole time...

and De silva and De santa aren't that far off from each other...

stjimmy3
  • stjimmy3

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Here on GTA forums, we don't talk about... that... anymore...

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:14 PM Edited by lol232, 23 January 2014 - 08:15 PM.

About the "nine thing";
All I can thing of is this song exclusively made for GTA V:

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:25 PM Edited by liquidussnake119, 23 January 2014 - 08:27 PM.

Michaels name was always Michael.  Bug Log proved that.

Albert De Silva was simply for a casting call sheet.  

http://gta.wikia.com/Rush_Casting_Call

As you can see, everyone had a different name.  They even refer to Trevor as Simon in Ron/Jerry's casting description.

Hell, even the descriptions are not always exactly the same.  IIRC, Albert and Simon (Mike and Trevor) were said to be brothers in the original casting call.

• poklane likes this

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:30 PM Edited by lol232, 23 January 2014 - 08:30 PM.

Michaels name was always Michael.  Bug Log proved that.

Albert De Silva was simply for a casting call sheet.  

http://gta.wikia.com/Rush_Casting_Call

As you can see, everyone had a different name.  They even refer to Trevor as Simon in Ron/Jerry's casting description.

Hell, even the descriptions are not always exactly the same.  IIRC, Albert and Simon (Mike and Trevor) were said to be brothers in the original casting call.

They probably did that (make fake names) so in case it gets leaked, when the game is released there won't be any similarities. (except a few)

Granen93
  • Granen93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Here on GTA forums, we don't talk about... that... anymore...

That' the stuff I had in mind, and you just made me more interested. :p

• stjimmy3 likes this

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:08 AM

As far as I know, the Rush casting call never mentions that Albert and Simon are brothers.  Did you get that bit of info from GTA V O'Clock, by any chance?

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:15 AM

As far as I know, the Rush casting call never mentions that Albert and Simon are brothers.  Did you get that bit of info from GTA V O'Clock, by any chance?

I just remember hearing that.  I'm not positive where I heard it.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:38 AM

I remember someone got banned for leaking the characters' names but was considered a troll during that time as no one believed him. He guessed two right (Trevor and Michael) and this was before we knew about the multiple protagonists.
Found it since the search button actually worked. Here it is http://gtaforums.com...e-later-summer/

That guy got a real hard time in there. lol

GTA-Freak-iX
  • GTA-Freak-iX

~

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

That guy got a real hard time in there. lol
He sure did, but I would have doubted him too since back then lots of troll topics were floating around so you never knew who was telling the truth

Kipsta
  • Kipsta

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:47 AM Edited by Kipsta77, 24 January 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Their was supposedly one in September 2011 in which somebody claimed that it would soley be in Los Santos with three protagonists called Albert, Michael and Trevor.

To this day I'm still unsure whether this was legit or not as the legitimatley leaked Rockstar Changelog (leaked only a couple of days ago supposedly) has mention of Franklin as early as June 2011.

I remember this. Ahh the old conspiracy days!

CJ killed Ryder
  • CJ killed Ryder

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:11 AM

The one who leaked three protagonist named Michael,Trevor and Albert was very close to being correct.

A very fake leak was the leak abt Chico Vialpondo.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users