Photo

If R* does this, idiots won't blow up cars anymore

120 replies to this topic
darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

I am getting so tired of assholes blowing up my car.  So tired that I want them to blow up my car so they pay 10k for it.  But R* should make it so that if you don't have enough money to replace it, then you go into debt.  And you can't buy ANYTHING until you pay it off.  Which means, NO races.  The only way you could get the money back would be to rob stores.  So then they would think twice about blowing someones car up.

• livejoker, Sharks80fr, GTA Banjo and 12 others like this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

Most people that blow up cars do have money to pay for it though... So that really wouldnt change much

• Lagful likes this

Xavierr
  • Xavierr

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:23 PM Edited by Xavierr, 22 January 2014 - 11:24 PM.

I was just about to post something about this.

earlier today , some person in a mission put a sticky bomb on my car and detonated it and nothing happened.

also in this video -  - this guy tries to blow up his friends' cars with a plane and they survive, both times.

so maybe R* has done something about it?

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:27 PM

If you are in a vehicle during a mission it cannot be blown-up by other players until you get out of it - it's been like this since I started playing on-line in November.

I'm not in a crew but I'm assuing it may be the same within crews in free-roam.

• Xavierr likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

What is wrong with you people? Why do people get so butthurt over losing NOTHING? Your digital imaginary car, that OMG, you have to make a phone call and like magic, car is replaced. Go play the sims, this is not the game for you. You must thing the developers at R* are complete idiots that didn't anticipate that players might on accident not meaning to at all blow up another players PV... For f*ck sake it's GTA, and R* has done nothing to remedy this "problem". This is the game they gave you, shut up an play it you whiny bitches. Or please f*ck off to invite only.

• Bull12345Bull, OG Sunny, GTA Banjo and 20 others like this

fish61324
  • fish61324

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:32 PM

I am getting so tired of assholes blowing up my car.  So tired that I want them to blow up my car so they pay 10k for it.  But R* should make it so that if you don't have enough money to replace it, then you go into debt.  And you can't buy ANYTHING until you pay it off.  Which means, NO races.  The only way you could get the money back would be to rob stores.  So then they would think twice about blowing someones car up.

The fact that a player has to come on here and suggest an idea like this... just shows how stupid R* is..... why can't it just be like GTA IV??  Why does there have to be money?  I hate it

• madmanaz likes this

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

What is wrong with you people? Why do people get so butthurt over losing NOTHING? Your digital imaginary car, that OMG, you have to make a phone call and like magic, car is replaced. Go play the sims, this is not the game for you. You must thing the developers at R* are complete idiots that didn't anticipate that players might on accident not meaning to at all blow up another players PV... For f*ck sake it's GTA, and R* has done nothing to remedy this "problem". This is the game they gave you, shut up an play it you whiny bitches. Or please f*ck off to invite only.

u do realize u could f*ck off 2 invite only and take some more of the griefers with you and the world would be a lot better a place,right?

• Bull12345Bull, darkwar854, GTARACER93 and 5 others like this

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

no need to be so aggressive and hostile. After all, it is a video game as you say so plz try to calm down and maturely contribute to the thread. I'm sure your parents didn't raise you that way...

If you had read the post he said he was upset over losing the money. It's not a matter of pride, he just doesn't want to spend his own money because a poor broke griefer blew up his ride. And I totally agree. I think there should be a debt system in place for ppl like that. I'm sure the would be a dramatic decrease in grieving other players
  • darkwar854, Yogogamer, zacko98 and 3 others like this

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Do you make it a point to be a total ass in every post? The system was in place previously that the person who destroys a vehicle pays for said vehicle. R* changed it due to people griefing tank drivers, but that doesn't make it right. All they needed was to change it so drivers couldn't plow into tanks and make them have to pay, just like if someone threw a grenade, what's the difference?

Tankers got to gripe when they were getting griefed, so how bout you pipe down and let them vent. Or in a language you'll understand, please f*ck off to the next thread.
  • Yogogamer and Muirenn like this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Last night I was on my Akuma and some Tank-fairy blew me up but interestingly enough, my Akuma remained intact although I died on it. After the respawn I saw my bike around the block and just thought it was a glitch and didn't give it a second thought...until now.

RageJenB
  • RageJenB

Pink Hair Don't Care

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by RageJenB, 22 January 2014 - 11:40 PM.

I could really care less if someone blows up my car. They just lost $$ and I'm back in my car in under two minutes. I move along or go see em to see if they want to waste another 10k.

If they don't have the cash to pay...I shill don't care. Whatevs
  • Xavierr likes this

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by iFight, 22 January 2014 - 11:40 PM.

Or give double bad sport warning or sent them to bad sport for 6 hours but your idea is good. Bad sport warning is f*cked up, they never sent you there.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:40 PM

u do realize u could f*ck off 2 invite only and take some more of the griefers with you and the world would be a lot better a place,right?

No, you should go to invite only. This is the way the game was designed. This is the way the game is meant to be played. Just because YOU and a vocal minority think it's a problem doesn't mean it is, or will be addressed by R*. You have two choices: Sack up and deal with it, or run off to the invite only. This constant bitching is solving nothing, and frankly your "new" thread is the 4 billionth posted about this. R* either will or won't fix this (non)problem. 

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

You on 360 OP ?

I'd love to blow up your cars. Maybe even I already have.

• UnicornAssassin likes this

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:48 PM

No, you should go to invite only. This is the way the game was designed. This is the way the game is meant to be played. Just because YOU and a vocal minority think it's a problem doesn't mean it is, or will be addressed by R*. You have two choices: Sack up and deal with it, or run off to the invite only. This constant bitching is solving nothing, and frankly your "new" thread is the 4 billionth posted about this. R* either will or won't fix this (non)problem. 

Enough with the "you should go to invite only" BS.  I'm fed up seeing this cliche trotted out time and time again.  Everyone has a right to play in a public lobby and go about playing their game without some troll hassling them.  I'm fed up seeing this crap trotted out by kids with a misplaced sense of entitlement!  Telling someone that they should go into invite only is, quite frankly, total and utter bovine manure.  if you want to run around shooting anything that moves, how about you go into an invite only lobby with your likeminded wee friends were you can kill each other until you're broke?

The way the game is meant to be played is working through missions, races survivals etc etc. not running around free-roam pretending it is some inferior bullcrap like COD.  Before the game was released, R* were very vocal on it being based around co-op missions and the long-awaited heists.  Not at any stage did they say this was a free-roam shooter where you find someone who is minding their own business and then hound them until they quit the lobby.

• darkwar854, Yogogamer, Timely and 2 others like this

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Wouldn't work. You can't play GTA Online without money, so to allow a player to go into a negative balance would effectively prevent them from playing the game - and could you imagine being a new player and accidentally wiping out an Adder on your first day? There's your $10K 'seed money' from your first Gerald job gone - now you're rank 5 with a half-empty handgun that you can't afford to fill.

Many players who got deep enough into the red would simply stop playing - R* knows this.

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

lol @ OP

quit GTA5 if it upsets you so much, this is not the game for you.

GTA = Anarchy.

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

The fact that a player has to come on here and suggest an idea like this... just shows how stupid R* is..... why can't it just be like GTA IV??  Why does there have to be money?  I hate it

bc this isnt gta4 and theres a hell of alot more to gtaO than there there was in gta4. Its not just a run around killing each other in free roam game. If thats all you care about play gta4. This is a totally different game with a ton of different stuff to do. This game has money in it bc it is a game about progression and money is a large part of that. Why are people like you so stupid that they can not comprehend this and keep making dumb comments like this?

• darkwar854 likes this

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

Enough with the "you should go to invite only" BS.  I'm fed up seeing this cliche trotted out time and time again.  Everyone has a right to play in a public lobby and go about playing their game without some troll hassling them.  I'm fed up seeing this crap trotted out by kids with a misplaced sense of entitlement!  Telling someone that they should go into invite only is, quite frankly, total and utter bovine manure.  if you want to run around shooting anything that moves, how about you go into an invite only lobby with your likeminded wee friends were you can kill each other until you're broke?

The way the game is meant to be played is working through missions, races survivals etc etc. not running around free-roam pretending it is some inferior bullcrap like COD.  Before the game was released, R* were very vocal on it being based around co-op missions and the long-awaited heists.  Not at any stage did they say this was a free-roam shooter where you find someone who is minding their own business and then hound them until they quit the lobby.

That is ONE way the game is meant to be played. But the REALITY of the situation is that players can and WILL blow up your precious imaginary bit of flotsam. Deal with it, enough of the "I have the RIGHT to drive my imaginary car in free roam without some idiot blowing it up!!!!!!". Ah, no you don't. R* has not given you that "right". You can either play the game the way it is designed or run away to invite only. I would suggest the real idiots are the ones driving PV in open free roam if they tend to get butthurt if said imaginary car is blown up. 

• Ecstasyisfun likes this

xLuCx
  • xLuCx

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:01 AM Edited by xLuCx, 23 January 2014 - 12:03 AM.

That is ONE way the game is meant to be played. But the REALITY of the situation is that players can and WILL blow up your precious imaginary bit of flotsam. Deal with it, enough of the "I have the RIGHT to drive my imaginary car in free roam without some idiot blowing it up!!!!!!". Ah, no you don't. R* has not given you that "right". You can either play the game the way it is designed or run away to invite only. I would suggest the real idiots are the ones driving PV in open free roam if they tend to get butthurt if said imaginary car is blown up. 
definitely a misunderstanding here. It's not about the car, it's about having to pay the premium...

edit - Idc if anyone blows up my car, I just don't want to have to pay for it if it wasn't my fault. And FYI, I do play inv only and this is one of the many reasons why. So I can understand what op means when he thinks they should implement a debt system as described.
  • darkwar854 likes this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:08 AM

Err... I hate to break it to you all, but there is no "right way" to play this game.  It's such a versatile game so that you can do what the f*ck you want, and that's what people are doing.  If there are people in your session that are spoiling your fun then you can go to another session or shut up and deal with it.  Personally, the more someone screams that people should leave them alone, the more I will chase them down.  That's how *I* play the game, and that's my choice.  

Does anyone have a link to an official statement from Rockstar saying how GTAO should be played?  Guess what - NO.

You're all wrong.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:09 AM

bc this isnt gta4 and theres a hell of alot more to gtaO than there there was in gta4. Its not just a run around killing each other in free roam game. If thats all you care about play gta4. This is a totally different game with a ton of different stuff to do. This game has money in it bc it is a game about progression and money is a large part of that. Why are people like you so stupid that they can not comprehend this and keep making dumb comments like this?

No, it's a sandbox game meant to be played any way you like within the designed framework. If you want to play boring missions, good for you, go for it. If you don't want to play missions a just drive around free roam doing what the f*ck ever tickles your funny bone, that too is a perfectly acceptable way to play the game AS IT IS DESIGNED. You people can't seem to grasp that. R* could have done allot of things different IF your "ideal" style of play was the only one. It's not. Again you can either deal with it or goto invite only. You are the ones unhappy...

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

\

Ah, but if you were in the tank blowing sh*t up and had to pay for those vehicles, you'd be the one here bitching, wouldn't you. The issue isn't the car getting blown up, it's having to foot the bill because some d*ck like you can't help but overcompensate with a tank. I agree, free roam is a roll of the dice anymore taking out a PV, and I don't for that reason, but that doesn't make it right. With the current system in place, R* needs to separate the PvP's a little better period. There's obviously 2 sides to this argument that aren't seeing eye to eye, so when you say "go to invite only", I say "bl*w me". Why exactly do you think you're right and I'm wrong? Screen cap, post a link, or show me the picture where R* said this game is supposed to be the giant cluster-f*ck deathfest that you proclaim it is to be, and I'll go to invite-only.
  • darkwar854 likes this

Dont Shoot
  • Dont Shoot

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:19 AM

No, it's a sandbox game meant to be played any way you like within the designed framework. If you want to play boring missions, good for you, go for it. If you don't want to play missions a just drive around free roam doing what the f*ck ever tickles your funny bone, that too is a perfectly acceptable way to play the game AS IT IS DESIGNED. You people can't seem to grasp that. R* could have done allot of things different IF your "ideal" style of play was the only one. It's not. Again you can either deal with it or goto invite only. You are the ones unhappy...

Im not unhappy at all. Your reading comprehension is awful. You need to play less gta and more time reading a book. This game is not gta4. Your response made zero sense. Its like if i responded to your statement with facts about whales. I would say more but i can tell English is lost on you.

sportbikepilot369
  • sportbikepilot369

member QotD

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:31 AM

\

Ah, but if you were in the tank blowing sh*t up and had to pay for those vehicles, you'd be the one here bitching, wouldn't you. The issue isn't the car getting blown up, it's having to foot the bill because some d*ck like you can't help but overcompensate with a tank. I agree, free roam is a roll of the dice anymore taking out a PV, and I don't for that reason, but that doesn't make it right. With the current system in place, R* needs to separate the PvP's a little better period. There's obviously 2 sides to this argument that aren't seeing eye to eye, so when you say "go to invite only", I say "bl*w me". Why exactly do you think you're right and I'm wrong? Screen cap, post a link, or show me the picture where R* said this game is supposed to be the giant cluster-f*ck deathfest that you proclaim it is to be, and I'll go to invite-only.

No, there is no "right" and there is no "wrong". There is the current design of the game. You can play "smart" or you can play "stupid". Sure it sucks losing money, or not being about to drive your PV in free roam. There are lots of "solutions" to these "problems", but those problems are merely your opinions, not facts, until R* changes the current framework of the game. I never drive a PV in open free roam, stopped doing that the moment I bought my first garage. Before that I would hide my PV (since R* made me get one) and simple drive a stolen car. Was that "fair"? That term does not apply. There is the reality of what is allowed to happen in the current framework of the game. R* could have included a friendly free roam option if they wanted, they didn't. The game includes a certain level of grinding for money, and setbacks (like paying the insurance premiums) are a built in part of that system. If you play smart, you can avoid allot of these "problems", if you play stupid you will have to suffer them again, and again, and again. Whining about it, or daydreaming about how perfect this game would be if only R* would implement <insert idea to fix non-existent problem here> solves nothing.  

jbarb78
  • jbarb78

Ancient Gamer

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:53 AM

Ah, but venting does, it creates awareness of the problem ( which it is, clearly or so many people wouldn't start multiple threads about it). Your solution of ignoring the issue and not saying anything is what does nothing.
Remove the ridiculous charge to the owner of the destroyed vehicle, and you can blow up my car until you pass out from laughter.

darkwar854
  • darkwar854

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:08 AM

So you wouldn't mind if I just put all my money on a second character, and destroyed your car over and over again, making you pay 50k just so I can do it again?

oo00oo00oo
  • oo00oo00oo

O.O

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:11 AM

Or give double bad sport warning or sent them to bad sport for 6 hours but your idea is good. Bad sport warning is f*cked up, they never sent you there.

or we could send you to the double bad at the game lobby because ur f*cking terrible

blackwolfred
  • blackwolfred

HellsWolfPak&Proud

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

i'm sorry so your god that decides how things are to be played????? i dont think so....i think your a jobless loser with WAY to much time on your hands and all of your unintelligent "living in your mom's basement" kind should see the game has evolved from gta4 and now there are other things to do.....you tell us "it's the way the games meant to be played" this whole game from the single player campaign to the missions,survival and probably to the heist are built on teamwork.....for f#cksakes go play deathmatch it rewards you idiots that cant handle total freedom.....you think your the majority because you goat thirteen year olds into your type of play....the people who you kill or finally kill you and f#ck off in to invite only are peoplewho have jobs and don't mooch off their parents so they dont have the time to f#ck about with a loser like you.....sad.....man discovered fire,the wheel,internal combustion engine and created awesome gAMES LIKE THIS ONE......and griefing is all you can do....

• jbarb78 and Yogogamer like this

blitzzd
  • blitzzd

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

The only thing that bothers me is the tank driver getting away Scott free.

Everything else is fair game. Mors mutual is supposed to be the counter balance to jackassery. As is Bad Sport... Whatever the point of that is, but that's another discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users