Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you ever ride in other people's cars during missions?

33 replies to this topic
Giantsgiants
  • Giantsgiants

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

When I do missions with friends, what happens often is that everyone starts calling their mechanic and a stampede of PV's pull up to where we spawn. Does anyone here ever carpool during missions?

I sometimes do it if I can't decide which one of my vehicles I want. What about you guys?

kilopm
  • kilopm

The guy who pit-manuevered you the other day

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Yeah, but I do the carpooling; not be the one who's being carpooled. I like to show off my rides to other players, and I like being in control of the car since there are some terrible, terrible drivers out there.

• 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

yeah i do that sometimes but only if its a friend/crew member

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:00 PM

Yea I actually prefer someone else to drive and ruin theyre car over mine lol....plus it makes me feel better about my driving skills and gives me stitches loool
  • WBaker likes this

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:04 PM

Yea I actually prefer someone else to drive and ruin theyre car over mine lol....plus it makes me feel better about my driving skills and gives me stitches loool

i dont mind letting other people do the driving/flying . gives my hands a rest lol

Rpc07
  • Rpc07

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:05 PM

I do a lot of missions with the same 4 buddies and aslong as there is only one objective we always ride together. Unless we know we should split up for cover or we are doing missions we need to go our separate ways.

When I'm doing missions with people I do t know I always drive my own car if someone wants to ride shotgun I don't mind.

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:21 PM

i dont mind letting other people do the driving/flying . gives my hands a rest lol

yesss especially if theyre those long ass drives lets me get some snacks in lol

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:25 PM

or even better a quick nap or a bathroom stop lol

Green-Eyez55
  • Green-Eyez55

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:31 PM

yeeeep they do help when nature calls except once I got left in the car and accidentally blown up they got there quicker than I thought loool

cwolf18
  • cwolf18

That guy in the Sandking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:39 PM

Hi everyone, forum noob here. I always drive my Sandking XL on missions but i'm happy to let other players get in (it only gets unlocked after I enter so i'm not worried).

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

yeeeep they do help when nature calls except once I got left in the car and accidentally blown up they got there quicker than I thought loool

lol

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

I always hop in with somebody and leave my car unlocked for somebody else. You can grab a beer from the fridge while they drive :)
  • WBaker likes this

muhmuhhuh
  • muhmuhhuh

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

I do it yeah. But if someone wants to ride in my car the least they can do is manage the GPS. 

Treeburner67
  • Treeburner67

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:32 AM

all the time its a lot easier to blaze when someone drives

KingRyujin--
  • KingRyujin--

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:38 AM

I don't like riding with others and if I happen to not have my PV when entering mission I will wait for my mechanic before starting. I don't care if they're blowing the horn constantly, I wait lol. I will drive others though.

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:48 AM

All the time if I get in someone's car on a mission and they drive into the enemy like a retard and get us shot up instantly I just drive myself or get in a friends car
  • 2Chains4Bracelets likes this

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:00 AM

Depending on if I have my car or not. Ran extradition with four random idiots that went straight to the base instead of grabbing the lazers or a buzzard. I proceed with their plan thinking it may be fun. The guy I'm riding with kicks me from his car near vinewood hills. I proceeded to grab my buzzard while they all got destroyed on the base and I finished the mission clean and easy by myself. People are terrible at missions, it's really embarrassing.

2Chains4Bracelets
  • 2Chains4Bracelets

aficionado.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

All the time if I get in someone's car on a mission and they drive into the enemy like a retard and get us shot up instantly I just drive myself or get in a friends car

every damn time... straight into the middle of the entire gang of enemies. Before he's even stopped my chance to redeem the mission has passed and I'm wasted.

• smokeysmokeonsmoke likes this

Joibatsu
  • Joibatsu

Borrows cars for cover

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:09 AM

Most people end up jacking my cars and wrecking them, and I usually end up finding a pile of scrap and a set of slashed tires near the entrance of a mission. The best people I've played with actually prep with a decently modded Oracle/Tailgater, so that everyone can fit in (which is ridiculously rare for people to do apparently). Sure, Tailgaters aren't much against an Adder, but the typical Adder driver seems to think that rushing in and getting shot up's the best course of action. Wasted team life. Might be an ego thing. Doesn't apply to everyone.

(But seriously, Adder drivers burn rubber and scrap parts like no tomorrow.)

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:39 AM Edited by jcph3, 23 January 2014 - 09:40 AM.

NO and I dont give rides because;

1. Any mission where you need to chase down something moving is better done with multiple vehicles

2. Vehicles parked strategicaly around start of mission give cover on way out when more bad guys arrive

3. I might want to get my Buzzard

4. People drive like morons and I dont want to die before the mission starts or get shot pulling up into the middle of the fight

5. I think my cars are cooler, thats why I spent the $ on mods 

smokeysmokeonsmoke
  • smokeysmokeonsmoke

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:52 PM

every damn time... straight into the middle of the entire gang of enemies. Before he's even stopped my chance to redeem the mission has passed and I'm wasted.

Lol yeah I had to kick someone the other day he kept driving us straight into everyone never learnt his lesson so we wouldn't get into his car then he'd speed off on his own drive straight into everyone anyway and waste the lives there's some people who play more tactical but there's quite a few idiots to.

Patgosplat
  • Patgosplat

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

I only ride if it's a friend/crew member. Like people have mentioned, some players will go into a mission not thinking. I don't want to be dragged into that... again.

sizzla36
  • sizzla36

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I don't mind driving with other players when I'm grinding missions since it gives me time to bank my money and not get smoked for all my loot when re entering FR. Only problem is most drivers suck, no wonder the insurance prices are so high.

Flūttershy
  • Flūttershy

Tember Mitle

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

I only do it if my mechanic is being a dickwad and doesn't deliver my car. So fairly often. 

MrCamo
  • MrCamo

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Kill the mechanic every time.
  • Joibatsu likes this

Chrismo
  • Chrismo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:22 PM

Well you get an achievement for it. Usually i only do if my friend is known to not be an idiot

Vito187
  • Vito187

I am that guy.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:16 PM

like everyone said, It all depends on the mission and who is in the mission with me. u cant always go into a mission with pedal pushed to the floor and ur finger on the trigger lol. although that can be the most fun.

DJ Kornphlake
  • DJ Kornphlake

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

I'll get in a another player's vehicle as long as it's not a super car or bike. Those seem to attract the worst drivers.

jcph3
  • jcph3

Oligarch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

I only do it if my mechanic is being a dickwad and doesn't deliver my car. So fairly often. 

I find hitting him once with the baseball bat seems to keep him motivated.

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:41 AM

Only if I didn't get to /rolljoint in the lobby.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users