Netflix

63 replies to this topic
SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:08 AM

Is there new movies/tv shows every month?

Google new on netflix, there are websites that tell what is new.

outlawfisherman
  • outlawfisherman

link223-IGN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

I've really been disappointed with their new additions lately.  Really hasn't been many notworthy stuff added.  There are so many good shows and movies out there, surely they can work some deals?  Plus ive noticed a lot of good stuff that was on Netflix keeps getting removed, im assuming due to contract expirations.  They need to work on that.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Didn't they just add a new season of House of Cards (which they produce themselves?)?

I've just started watching the first on dvd, and that's pretty damn good. Although, let's be honest, a David Fincher/Kevin Spacey project was never going to suck now was it?

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:04 AM Edited by Kippers, 19 February 2014 - 12:05 AM.

I have Netflix and LoveFilm. In terms of movies, I'll firstly search Netflix for a specific title I feel like watching, but never cross my fingers that it's there. 85% of the time it's not, even if it is a big title. LoveFilm ALWAYS seems to have a copy of whatever it is ready to mail over the next day. Maybe it's the UK catalog that is still naff compared to the US lineup?

I would love to cancel LF and cut the waiting process off completely, but I can't rely on Netflix just yet to have things I want to watch. It's been worth keeping for BB and HoC as of late, and there's tens of other shows on there I want to get into, so it's TV catalog seems on point

Depends where you are and what you want from it, I guess?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:34 AM

I have Netflix and LoveFilm. In terms of movies, I'll firstly search Netflix for a specific title I feel like watching, but never cross my fingers that it's there. 85% of the time it's not, even if it is a big title. LoveFilm ALWAYS seems to have a copy of whatever it is ready to mail over the next day. Maybe it's the UK catalog that is still naff compared to the US lineup?

I would love to cancel LF and cut the waiting process off completely, but I can't rely on Netflix just yet to have things I want to watch. It's been worth keeping for BB and HoC as of late, and there's tens of other shows on there I want to get into, so it's TV catalog seems on point

Depends where you are and what you want from it, I guess?

Bruh....get an unlocker to get all the US content.

I'm in Canada and that's what I did with Netflix. I've been on the US catalog for months now.

You can PM me for details if you'd like but it's really easy. Just a plug in you install into Firefox or whatever other browser you are using and that's it. Simple.

• Kippers likes this

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:53 AM Edited by Kippers, 19 February 2014 - 12:54 AM.

Bruh....get an unlocker to get all the US content.

Well sh*t, aren't I behind on the times.  The selection of content is now mind boggling and the Anime section has more than 5 titles!  I can delete the 3 series of Mad Men off my Sky Box and everything.

You have shown a brother the light.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:23 AM

Haven't signed onto Netflix in acouple weeks.. any decent films released?

Witchking-J-F
  • Witchking-J-F

Ghetto Star

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Poetry Master [All Time]

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:26 PM Edited by W - J - F, 19 February 2014 - 11:27 PM.

Haven't signed onto Netflix in acouple weeks.. any decent films released?

I would have thought that you would have already known this, I am starting to doubt the heaviness of your movie credentials. 

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

Lord Protector

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:08 AM

The Man with No Name trilogy went up a week or so ago if you don't own those. Start with Fistful of Dollars.

• Mister Pink likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:00 PM

If you haven't already seen it I highly recommend checking out Street Thief. I just watched it last night for the first time and was pretty impressed.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 01:32 AM

I love Netflix. We have 3 Roku's (video streaming device for TV) and we can run Netflix on all three at once without an issue. In addition, whenever I don't have any work to do in school, I just sit there on my phone and watch shows that way. It is literally a near unlimited video library that goes with you everywhere. I couldn't do without it. They even have a feature that allows multiple people to use one account under different names (i.e. a 10 year old with the parents' account password can have their own video history and suggestions separate from parents). You will never need cable TV, and a lot of new TV shows that aren't on Netflix may simply be on the TV station's own website.

(And Netflix has every Breaking Bad episode, that is the true dealmaker)

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:04 PM

Yep they just added the last half season of BB. That show grew on me. I just hate how they remove so many titles...I need to find another show to get into. The following seems good although really disturbing. Kinda the same with dexter. I don't know...suggestions?

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 02:15 PM

Yep they just added the last half season of BB. That show grew on me. I just hate how they remove so many titles...I need to find another show to get into. The following seems good although really disturbing. Kinda the same with dexter. I don't know...suggestions?

Dexter, Lost, Trailer Park Boys

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:23 PM

Netflix is a pretty good deal, however you can easily watch everything within your interests very quickly. I usually pay for it for a couple months out of a year, but not reoccurring.

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2014 - 05:41 AM

I heard that they're adding American Hustle to the US Netflix library next week. You Americans are lucky bastards!

I'm really digging some of the new additions to the UK library like American Horror Story and some of the movies they added after the latest update. Since SKY f*cked me over with the On Demand service Netflix has beeb my only hope for catching up on some of the awesome shows that're continuing soon.

Thought I'd give this a bump too. Doesn't just have to be about whether Netflix is worth the money, you know!

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 April 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 15 April 2014 - 01:32 PM.

Lilyhammer is good too.

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

Lillyhammer is actually quite hilarious at times. It's a good watch especially if you've seen The Sopranos - it's like an unofficial spin-off in a completely different style. 

• esmittystud101 likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, I don't mind reading all the captions either on Lilyhammer. Usually I would have nothing to do with captions, but Lilyhammer is my first exception.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

The following seems good although really disturbing.

I'm still waiting for that show to click with me. I'm 6 episodes in on season 1, purely becuase I couldnt be bothered getting up to stop Netflix from starting the next one, and it's still not hitting me yet.

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Soldier

• Members

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

The following seems good although really disturbing.

I'm still waiting for that show to click with me. I'm 6 episodes in on season 1, purely becuase I couldnt be bothered getting up to stop Netflix from starting the next one, and it's still not hitting me yet.

I think that's about where I fizzed out on it after I first tried to watch it. Its slow to get goin but it does get really good and ramps up.

Indy007
  • Indy007

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 May 2014 - 07:55 PM

I heard Disney bought Netflix. That's why there's a sudden surge of Disney films on there. Who knows who owns what anymore.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:37 AM Edited by GunWrath, 25 June 2014 - 07:38 AM.

World War Z is on Netflix now people, if you haven't noticed. Also, Oldboy (the Spike Lee remake) is on there as well. Oldboy is def worth a watch.. Brolin is an awesome actor and he doesn't slack in talent on this one.

Anways, reason for my bump in here. I've read up that Netflix and Marvel will be release a Netflix exclusive TV series of Daredevil. Yep, yep.. It's to be 10 or 12 episodes. Rosario Dawson has been added to the cast, Charlie Cox plays Daredevil, and Vincent D'Onofrio plays Wilson Fisk.

Not sure how to feel about this but I have a bit of faith in it.. we'll see, hopefully it's released much sooner than anticipated. I believe they've just added Dawson to the cast just recently, so it may be a bit of time before it's release.

psst.. can't be worse than that Affleck attempt at DD

mesusmist
  • mesusmist

sleep artist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:55 PM

Netflix Instant offers unlimited streaming of a limited amount of movies and television shows. Not every single movie and TV show is offered, but they have a decent amount to keep customers satisfied and they add more all of the time. I think the only show you named that is currently on instant is Breaking Bad from what I've seen via the selection. If you're big on TV shows I might also recommend Hulu Plus. I subscribe to all of these. For movies, Netflix is a definite. TV shows I used Hulu and Amazon Instant Video and Netflix sometimes.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:16 PM Edited by Brobinski, 25 June 2014 - 06:17 PM.

Everything I hear about Netflix is good, even down to them turning a blind eye when you use those services that unlock all national libraries to expand what you can get.

Honestly, it's making me question how legitimate of an option piracy is any more. One thing pirates often say is "When the system is easier/just as easy to pay for it than to pirate it, we'll start paying" and honestly, services like Netflix, at £6 a month, seem like the answer.

I've got myself a Netflix subscription since this post way back in January. Honestly, what I said about piracy really rings true. And by that I mean, if I want to watch something I got to Netflix first, then I go on Netflix (UK), if it's not there then I flick onto the US library and if it's not there then I go other routes. It really is a brilliant service and is pretty much the Steam equivalent for TV/film. It's not always that people are cheap, it's often that they're just lazy.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:32 AM

Is there a site or anything that may show any upcoming Netflix movies or tv shows?

I always tend to find myself waiting a couple weeks then jumping on Netflix to see any new additions but the way it's formatted on consoles tends to not show exactly ALL the new releases.

I usually have to browse through the actual Netflix website to find a movie then search it up on my Xbox. Because on consoles, they don't show all the films available under each category.. which f*cking blows. Guess that's the best method though.. but I rather have a site or something that says 'Hey, Ender's Game is coming on July 4th, 2015' or something ya know?

Either way, not a big problem but for me, Netflix has either sh*tty ass B or C movies or movies that's I've already seen on my regular network cables.. kinda getting boring for me lately :\

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

instantwatcher.com

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

Just missing the monocle.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by PhilosophicalZebra, 02 September 2014 - 09:00 PM.

Does anyone here know how to go about manipulating Netflix into thinking you're in the US?  :ph34r: 

You know, assuming we're allowed. This isn't illegal anyway.

MythicRare
  • MythicRare

Twisted Samurai

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:42 PM

It doesn't have Big Bang Theory, the Star Wars movie, the Back to the Future movies, the Simpsons, South Park, or the Departed. Just a warning. Also, it takes like a year for a new season of a show to get on there.

LOES
  • LOES

Kawaii!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 15 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

Canadian Netflix sucks so hard, I also got shafted for the free month thing and I now have to pay for an extra month. The website said cancel before sept 4 and email which I didn't read at the time said sept 3...... Totally got jipped

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

It doesn't have Big Bang Theory, the Star Wars movie, the Back to the Future movies, the Simpsons, South Park, or the Departed. Just a warning. Also, it takes like a year for a new season of a show to get on there.

No offence but why would Netflix really need to show Big Bang Theory? It's one of those shows that has over-saturated TV screens for the last few years. To enjoy Netflix, you must understand it. It costs huge amounts of money to lease films for a business that also has to profit. Netflix has been paramount in the recent success of Trailer Park Boys return. You can re-watch series that you missed. You can catch fantastic documentaries and films that don't have mega-budgets for advertising or were able to have worldwide cinema releases. 

If you're only in to mega-blockbusters then Netflix maybe isn't for you. For the TV/film/Documentary/Stand-up Comedy lover, there'll always be something decent on there. The library is constantly evolving. It's great for discovering new shows or evening testing them out to see if you like them. 

Yes, it does have a few flaws but only because it can't have every film the user wants. It just can't... but for 8 or 9 dollars or euros per month, it's great value, especially when you're allergic to constant bombardment of TV ads. Imagine, paying for Sky and then having to sit through 5 minutes of ads, every 15 mins. Ridiculous. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users