Netflix

58 replies to this topic
Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35 PM

I'm thinking about getting it, It is £6 a month which is really cheap, but I have some questions, can you watch unlimited amount of movies/series? and what kind of series is on there? like Big Bang Theory, The Middle, Breaking Bad. Also does It include all the new series that comes out.

How many devices can you connect to Netflix?

Vlynor
  • Vlynor

Big Homie

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:32 PM Edited by Vlynor, 22 January 2014 - 11:32 PM.

I'm thinking about getting it, It is £6 a month which is really cheap, but I have some questions, can you watch unlimited amount of movies/series? and what kind of series is on there? like Big Bang Theory, The Middle, Breaking Bad. Also does It include all the new series that comes out.

How many devices can you connect to Netflix?

You can watch as many shows/movies as you want as long as they're on there. It's not all new series or episodes, I believe it takes a while before any new episodes are added from the current and/or previous seasons. Personally, my favorite shows to watch were Mad Men and House of Cards.

Here's a list of streamable content:

http://instantwatcher.com/

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:44 PM

I don't know what I'd do without Netflix. It's like an unlimited source for entertainment. I've seen/caught up on so many shows through it. I couldn't recommend it enough. £6 is more than worth it.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:29 AM

Very worth it, but be sure to go for the free trial. They stream different content depending on your location. I get American Netflix at work for instance, because we use an American ISP.

You can use it on, like, 8 to 10 devices - I'm sure there's a hard number somewhere but I've yet to ever have a problem, and I've got 4 computers, three ipads, two iphones and two apple TVs in my little family and never once had a problem. And that's using at least two simultaneously, on occasion.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:54 AM

Everything I hear about Netflix is good, even down to them turning a blind eye when you use those services that unlock all national libraries to expand what you can get.

Honestly, it's making me question how legitimate of an option piracy is any more. One thing pirates often say is "When the system is easier/just as easy to pay for it than to pirate it, we'll start paying" and honestly, services like Netflix, at £6 a month, seem like the answer.

• Mister Pink likes this

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

Worth it! You can use it on your computer, apple tv, smart tv, iphone, ipad(windows and android too i believe). I even use it when I'm jogging on the treadmill. It's so great to be able to watch so many good series without downloading/buying, and discover so many new ones as well. It's a lot of entertainment for a small amount of money :)

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:43 AM

I can't get it in Australia so I just watch shows online for free, if it was available I would probably get it to watch foreign movies with proper subtitles.

MIGta
  • MIGta

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:34 PM

Definitely worth it.  I've watched the entire lot of 24 and Breaking Bad, Skins, most of Prison Break and I'm now working my way through Sons Of Anarchy.  £6 per month is a steal.  Even if they don't have the brand new stuff out they have enough to keep you going.  Haven't even started Life on Mars or Dexter yet.

Not to mention my 6 year old kid is working his way through 177 episodes of Power Rangers!

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:53 PM

Netflix is just amazing. Just don't expect new episodes of something until they've been out for a few months.

ILAK
  • ILAK

Soon to be Dad

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

I find Hulu+ to be better for all the TV shows.

sh*tty movies on Hulu but they are not that great on Netflix either.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Also is there a subtitle for any languages?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:50 AM Edited by WinterEdit, 25 January 2014 - 07:52 AM.

Also is there a subtitle for any languages?

I don't have Netflix, but I assume Netflix has subtitles for your language if that movie/series supports it. I guess there'll always be English subtitles at least, and subtitles in your language if Netflix itself can be read in your language.

By the way.

I'm curious about a few things (this is directed to everyone, not just you Mr. Jc):

a) Can you see movies/series in HD in Netflix? 720p+?

b) If I have to quit in middle of a movie (or an episode of a series), does it save the place it's in? Meaning if I quit at e.g. 40 minutes through, it'd automatically start at the same place when returning there like in long YouTube videos?

c) Do you happen to know whether all the movies/series are available to everyone, regardless of the country you live in? Because I'd not like to have mere 1% of all the stuff e.g. Americans have. And subtitles aren't that important - I can watch them even without them. 
EDIT: Read Otter's post and it solved c).

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Needs More Beer

• Members
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:04 PM Edited by GunWrath, 25 January 2014 - 03:04 PM.

I've had Netflix for around a year now or perhaps a little longer, at first I loved it.. but then I realized that Netflix only shows movies that are currently out on channels that I already have subscriptions for. Such as HBO, Showtime, Encore .. but every now and then, Netflix will pop up acouple movies that I haven't seen but either way, I still enjoy it due to the amount of movies, though lately, I don't find any films on there good enough to watch. So I haven't used Netflix in days.

Last film on Netflix I watched was Ip Man 2 or the latest Ip Man I believe.. but for $8/mo, you can't beat it man. 

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

For people with netflix here are some lists of foreign films you could watch. 

http://imgur.com/a/PK2LP?gallery

http://imgur.com/a/2Dnf8?gallery

http://imgur.com/a/VWWVx?gallery

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:37 PM

I love Netflix. I was going to go out and buy the blu ray for Lost, all six seasons. It would have cost me an arm and a leg on Blu Ray. All 120 episodes is on Netflix. Its the best service between Hulu Plus, The hbo one and Red Box Instant. Netflix, you have nothing to worry about.

On top of all that. Netflix has made me alot of money in the past two years. I bought there stock when it was $71.00 a share. Its $381.23 today. I purchased over 100 shares too.

Easy Button :santa:

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:41 PM

@Winter: nearly everything in their catalogue is available in HD if it was produced in HD. ;)

• WinterEdit likes this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:52 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 28 January 2014 - 06:55 AM.

I've had Netflix for around a year now or perhaps a little longer, at first I loved it.. but then I realized that Netflix only shows movies that are currently out on channels that I already have subscriptions for. Such as HBO, Showtime, Encore .. but every now and then, Netflix will pop up acouple movies that I haven't seen but either way, I still enjoy it due to the amount of movies, though lately, I don't find any films on there good enough to watch. So I haven't used Netflix in days.

Last film on Netflix I watched was Ip Man 2 or the latest Ip Man I believe.. but for $8/mo, you can't beat it man. 

Try Last Stand with Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's awesome. 

@WinterEdit:

a) Everything is HD if your PC and internet connection can handle it.

b) Yes. It also reminds you of the last thing you were watching when you log in. It's awesome.

• WinterEdit likes this

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 28 January 2014 - 08:17 PM.

Netflix - 8 seasons of Dexter - worth it :santa:

tjor24
  • tjor24

Homie

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:51 AM

I think the movie selection is mediocre but there's so many good tv shows plus i love stand up comedy so its well worth it. 

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

The movies on it are ok, but the tv shows are really what it's best for.  Dexter, Breaking Bad, SOA, Lost, X files, Supernatural, Warehouse 13,  etc.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

Soothe us with sweet lies...

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:18 AM

Netflix is great and I love where they are heading: taste profile, my list, profiles under that one account and so on.

It's best for TV shows, the movies are ok but the greatest selection is TV shows and nothing beats having all those seasons right there.

Netflix shows are great, too. House of Cards, Orange is the New Black.

It's well worth the price tag per month for what you get. And if you don't live in the US, just get one of those unblockers to access the US content. That's what I do.

Now if only HBO allowed their shows to be on Netflix. One can dream. :lol:

• Johan likes this

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:47 AM

Now if only HBO allowed their shows to be on Netflix. One can dream. :lol:

That would be the life..

But yeah no one should ever think twice about getting a subscription to this, this is the main reason I barely watch television anymore.

Even shows that aren't available on the US I can still manage to watch on my browser with an app, which allows me to watch shows such as Friends or Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

And they also are quick at keeping up with most shows, Breaking Bad's final season is already about to be added into the lineup and it wasn't that long ago that it finished!

• Audiophile likes this

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:25 AM

Is the free trial different to full version? Can't seem to find The Big Bang Theory!

fireguy109
  • fireguy109

It's a long way to the top

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 03:36 AM

Everything I hear about Netflix is good, even down to them turning a blind eye when you use those services that unlock all national libraries to expand what you can get.

Honestly, it's making me question how legitimate of an option piracy is any more. One thing pirates often say is "When the system is easier/just as easy to pay for it than to pirate it, we'll start paying" and honestly, services like Netflix, at £6 a month, seem like the answer.

The problem is all the stuff that isn't covered. If there was a cheap service like Netflix that had a comprehensive catalog of old-new movies, from Die Hard to Jurassic Park, I'd grab that in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it seems the only movies they have are either really old or really new. Not to mention the TV shows don't update very quick, American Dad was 3 seasons behind the last time I checked. I know some of that is contract sh*t and not Netflix's fault, but it doesn't exactly leave a lot of reasonable options beyond  :pirate:

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

Is the free trial different to full version? Can't seem to find The Big Bang Theory!

Not every show is on there.  The content will change from time to time.  Big Bang Theory is not on any of the streaming services that I know of.  The free trial is the same as the paid.

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

oh okay, is there a way of resetting the film? Because it says continue to watch movies but I don't want to watch it anymore.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

You have to finish it to "reset" it.

You don't have to continue watching it. Just pick a new movie or TV show from the options and start on that....

Jc_39a
  • Jc_39a

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Is there new movies/tv shows every month?

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

They do update with new shows and movies but I don't know how often. You will see it in the "newly released" category.

For example, I got an email today from Netflix telling me that Star Trek: Into Darkness is available to watch now.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Yeah, a lot of the time, they'll both take movies off, and put movies on the list around the beginning of the month.  They're always cycling them out like that.  It's one of the reasons why you can pretty much watch an unlimited amount of entertainment.  As soon as you think you've watched it all, they bring in some fresh blood.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users