[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

1,963 replies to this topic
LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:45 PM

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way but Lewis..... If you knew there were ways in which to improve your track when you submitted it why didn't you improve it then?  It's one thing to realise after, but knowing there are improvements to be made before but submitting the track anyway just to see if people like a certain class of car is a waste of judges time.

Not really he might have wanted to see if his issues were ones carried by others  I've had races which people say have no issues but i have had personal gripes with. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:09 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 20 August 2014 - 09:45 PM.

8/13/14 Nominated Class:

LSC Burton GP - hashstone89 - L(N) - MI(Y) - MD(Y) - K(Y)

Coupe 5000 - hashstone89 - L(Y) - MI(Y) - MD(Y) - K(Y)

Madrazo GP Reversed - KingS0lo - L(Y) - MI(Y) - MD(Y) - K(X)

Blade County USA - KingS0lo - L(Y) - MI(Y) - MD(N) - K(X)

Los Santos Rallycross - Argonaut110 - L(N) - MI(N) - MD(Y) - K(N)

Los Santos Rallycross II - Argonaut110 - L(N) - MI(N) - MD(Y) - K(N)

Pillbox Thrill - jsakanee - L(Y) - MI(N) - MD(Y) - K(Y)

In Rancho - jsakanee - L(N) - MI(N) - MD(N) - K(N)

Xeroring (Resub) - LewisTheGrim - L(Y) - MI(Y) - MD(N) - K(Y)

On Hold for Future Class:

Idianapolis GP Circuit - hashstone89

PROlaps Go-karting - Argonaut110

War on Terroir - KingS0lo

Smokin' Bowls - KingS0lo

Tata V: I am Speed! - KingS0lo

Mallard Mayhem - KingS0lo

Rhythm Is A Dancer - KingS0lo

Mulet GP - KingS0lo

Bat Out Of Hell - KingS0lo

Flowmotion - KingS0lo

Don't Believe The Hype! - KingS0lo

Small Car, Smart Car - jsakanee

Dustier Trails - jsakanee

Awkward Hills - jsakanee

Dirty Beach - jsakanee

Question on some of the spelling...were these intentional?

Idianapolis

Blade County

Lewis the Grim
  • Lewis the Grim

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

Maybe I'm taking this the wrong way but Lewis..... If you knew there were ways in which to improve your track when you submitted it why didn't you improve it then?  It's one thing to realise after, but knowing there are improvements to be made before but submitting the track anyway just to see if people like a certain class of car is a waste of judges time.

I didn't realize that this was going to be perceived in this way, and I apologize to the judges if they feel as though I've wasted their time, or could have conducted myself better. 

Basically, I was seeking guidance on how to improve this track. I knew it could be improved, but I didn't know in what ways. At the time I felt the easiest way to seek this guidance was to submit it for judges review, but I guess I should have gone through it thoroughly with someone before submitting.

Again, I'm sorry for my conduct with regards to the submission of my track.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

I didn't have any problem with it Lewis. Hell it almost got approved. 

• Lewis the Grim likes this

midders10
  • midders10

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:03 PM

That's fine Lewis. With you saying you knew you could improve it I thought you were meaning improving barriers etc but submitted anyway. No need to apologise, as luap said, it wasn't far off anyway so no worries about conduct it has been fine. Just my misunderstanding. :-)

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:40 AM

Resubmitting my latest race.  Thanks

http://socialclub.ro...Ag?platformId=1

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:50 AM Edited by King S0lo, 14 August 2014 - 10:55 AM.

yes Luap, Blade County is correct, as the Blade is the preset vehicle. just a bit of mix-up word play with the actual name of the region.

There's a comma missing in your link though; it's "Blade County, USA"

Edit: if you mean the County part of it though (that i guess you might mean should be "Country"), that's also correct, just like it would be Blaine County, as Country and County are two different terms.

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 August 2014 - 03:00 AM Edited by KimberJane, 17 August 2014 - 09:31 PM.

I would like to submit my newest creation, it's called The Smiler.  - http://socialclub.ro...yw?platformId=1

Set in Sandy Shores once again, it's a lap race in part inspired by 4 way madness.

midders10
  • midders10

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:38 PM Edited by midders10, 16 August 2014 - 07:39 PM.

Hotel Los Santos

Default sports (all bar cycles & utility.)

http://socialclub.ro...IQ?platformId=1

All successful business men need a decent place to bed their wh0res. Lap race checking out the classier airport hotels

hashstone89
  • hashstone89

Malish Commish

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:43 AM

Idianapolis

Blade County

Sorry, only just spotted this. Nothing wrong with Indianapolis.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:10 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 18 August 2014 - 01:11 PM.

Idianapolis
Blade County

Unless I was just blind when I looked at it when making the class it was missing the first n in both title and desc.

hashstone89
  • hashstone89

Malish Commish

• Members
  • England

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:39 PM

Idianapolis
Blade County

Unless I was just blind when I looked at it when making the class it was missing the first n in both title and desc.

Sorry, my bad. Just checked my job and I have missed the first n.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

It has been a week since posting and I have only heard from one judge. You guys out there?

jss14
  • jss14

hey buddy!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

I have all my reviews done but I won't get home til late tonight..most likely way after midnight eastern time.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 18 August 2014 - 10:25 PM.

OK well send them when you can. Thanks.

EDIT why didn't you send when they were done lol?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:42 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 20 August 2014 - 09:49 PM.

I will add J's reviews when if/when he sends them but it won't effect the votes.

LSC Burton GP - hashstone89
L - N
Good title, poor desc. No GTA elements. Laps Non-Contact. Sports. Tech. Nothing restricted.
The barriers at 5 say turn right while the checkpoint says pretty much straight then your encountered with a line blocking the right side. It all seems pretty unnecessary. I would remove 8. Push 10 forward a bit. Really don't like the chicane in the LSC parking lot because of the hump sending you airborne. 

MI - Y
Minor visibility 10 - 11 move 10 down tunnel a fraction, P.P. The grey barriers at LSC seem out of place compared to the rest of the track and harder to see due to overall greyness of the area.

MD - Y
How the f*ck did you get the Lightpole inside the Tire stack at CP2? :D
Only thing worth mention is that I think you can loose CP8. Works awesome with it but I need to say something ;)

K - Y
No issues at all. clear Yes.

Coupe 5000 - hashstone89
L - Y
Good title, OK desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Coupes. Poor restrictions.
Should be coupes only with that title. I'm good with the race though. Nice job.

MI - Y
Nothing obvious

MD - Y
Remove CP 10 and 12. Reveal your pole in stack secret! Great race once again!

K - Y
CPs 6 and 7 are a bit hard to see against the blue background. the chicane seems rather ineffective in relation to the amount of props used. it only takes a tiny course correction to get through it. visibility issue 32-grid during the race. in the last round you can see the grid well, but when it's a checkpoint not so much. still a clear Yes.

L - Y
Good title, Great desc. GTA elements available. Sports. Drift. Good restrictions.
Excellent. The only issue I could possibly raise is that the barrier at 34 is in the wrong place. Should be moved forward to keep people from sliding out behind that guard rail.

MI - Y
Nothing obvious

MD - Y
Nope, nothing wrong here! Great resub!

K - X

Blade County USA - KingS0lo
L - Y
Great title and desc. No GTA elements available. Laps. Muscle. Good restrictions.
Great race. Works well...great checkpoints. The barriers on the left side of the chicane with the gaps and cones are going to catch some people trying to slip through the chicane as tight as possible. There is just enough edge to get snagged. I would tighten those up and make sure smooth.

MI - Y
Minor visibility 33 - 34

MD - N
The gaps in the props at CP24 is a BIG no no. I raced alone and crashed in them. It's a pretty big racebreaker. If you crashin them there's no way you can catch up. I'm gonna be tough here and say no because of them. Super easy fix for approval tho. Sorry bro. 

K - X

Los Santos Rallycross - Argonaut110
L - N
OK title, good desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Sports. Terrain. Poor restrictions. Sultan only?
Move 1 up to the top of the hill. Remove 2. Pull 5 back a little so it can be seen. Push 6 ahead enough to make 7 visible. Push 18 forward to the center of the curve and remove 19.

MI - N
Restricted sports but all other classes bar cycles available and unrestricted? push 1 lose 2?, pull 5 lose 4? push 6 props somewhat useless only saw when stopped, rework 7 8 9, maybe push and pull to lose one, lose 10? check in creator, lose 16,

MD - Y
Small edges in the props at the start. Visibility issue at 6-7. It's a shame I wasn't allowed to drive my custom Sultan :(

K - N
I'd prefer to use my custom Sultan, but oh well. the start on the side of the road looks sloppy. visibility issues: 1-2, 6-7, lots of unclean turn CPs, meaning you got one CP before the turn, and one after, instead of just one CP right in the turn. remove 10, pull back 11 a bit. remove 13, pull back 14 a bit. merge 16/17, 18/19. this race has been done over and over, and many times better than this one. needs lotta fixing, so for now it's a No.

L - N
Ok title, good desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Sports. Terrain. Poor restrictions. Sultan only.
I have said poor restrictions because you seem to want sultan only...which is fine...but you also left the rest of the classes fully available, even Utility. 9,10,11 and 12 need to be moved to the corners. A lot of races use this road but I have never seen one make the trek up the hill at 14. It is interesting but blind behind the tree. I think the prop work here needs to be addressed to make it more clear your not going right. The current line is too far down the road to be seen and thus you will already be turning hard right based on road knowledge and mini map. Except for that part this track is the reverse of my Dirty Donuts track...you could look there for fine tuning checkpoint placements.

MI - N
Restricted sports but all other classes bar cycles available and unrestricted? Issues throughout but some thoughts would need confirming in creator. remove 4 pull 5, merge 6 & 7 and centre (or remove??), pull 9 a fraction (so in shadow of tree and if needed 8 can be pull a fraction too?) rework 10, 11 as needed so maybe pull 12, you'll need to look at this in creator as one changes the requirements elsewhere will also change. Move the barriers on the right of 14 so more visible as come round the corner, push 16 remove 17, pull 18, 19 & 20 a fraction 20 should be by or before telegraph pole. remove 23, push 24, 25 & 26 so 26 is where you turn off, push 27 or pull 28 and remove 27 maybe??? remove 32.
nb. Don't like the choice of car though would have been fine if it was the RS. Standard version felt like a sunday drive in the family sedan rather than a rallycross.

MD - Y
Nothing worth mention in this one, good job!

K - N
Has also been done to death, one of my own approved races takes at least 50% of the same paths. merge 4/5, 8/9, 10/11, 16/17. pull back 12 a bit. 14/15 are stacked... you know what, please just take a good look at the Checkpoint placement guide since you are making the same mistakes over and over, and then come back with fixed versions of those races.

Pillbox Thrill - jsakanee
L - Y
Great title, good desc. GTA available. Laps Non-Contact. Compacts. Good restrictions.
Yeah I am OK with it. Props seem a little boxy. There was one corner, I think might have been 6? where the checkpoint was a little wide for my taste. Good race as non contact.

MI - N
Default 1 lap? 12 not a clear opening and the two props on left lead into the scaffold, I guess the switch to construction props here is due to the building work but they blend quite a bit and with the use of striped barriers defining the track elsewhere I think they would also be more useful here. That was the only issue I noted so would like to see what other judges think and ok with me if ok with them.

MD - Y
I noticed some possible rough edges in the props but nothing else worth noting. Good job!

K - Y
The last barrier after CP 10 is protruding. you be better off placing the barrier at the underpass so it is in front of the construction thingy. people will get stuck as it is. at CP 18, better move the bus up so it's aligned, or even in front of, the binco's. visibility isn't given from 12-13. 15/16 are stacked in a way that people who do not adjust their camera are going to miss 16. it's a yes, but i didn't really enjoy this one.

In Rancho - jsakanee
L - N
Great title, Poor desc. No GTA elements. Laps Non-Contact. Compacts only.
Need to change the area left of 5 where you placed small containers and dumpster. That will be a huge trap. You cant see 9 from 8 and your depending on props to guide but it is clumsy. I don't know...the whole race was extremely frustrating. I am a no for now.

MI - N
Default 1 lap? Probably begging for no contact but what's a bit of carnage between friends. Minor visibility S/F - 1, pull one a fraction which will may mean 2 also, push 8 & 9, remove 10?, 19-20 not working for me, maybe needs to be at top of ramp. Blind corner at 25 needs a barrier to avoid an easy swim.

MD - N
When you're choosing car there's a fence that's splitting your car in half. Bad prop placement at cp5. You should place it so the props guides you past the fence. Some minor visibility issues and some sloppy prop placement throughout the race. Sorry bro but it's a no.

K - N
Change the trigger. the car stuck in the fence like that looks terrible. visibility issues: grid-1 (while visible, it's just too stretched), 1-2, 13-14. Your barriers have gaps throughout, at CP 13 the barriers are behind the already given ones. at CP 5, the containers make you crash in to the trash container instead of just guide past it. again, far from enjoyable due to the 1001 objects one can get stuck on. and here there's also too many actual issues. No for now.

Xeroring (Resub) - LewisTheGrim
L - Y
Great title and desc. GTA elements available. Laps Non-Contact. Sports. Tech. Good restrictions.
Hmmm checkpoint 1 may need to move. You cant see 2 from it but I know you got 9 in the way too. Im tossed between moving it forward and possibly being stacked on 2 or leaving it there and deal with visibility. Lets see what the others say. Since 5, 6 and 7 are going to be small "appearance" checkpoints because of the roof you might want to pull them a little closer to their respective inside barriers just for visual sake. Otherwise I am good with it.

MI - Y
Much cleaner, nice little race.

MD - N
There's some rough edges and gaps in the props. I would place the props like this: See picture. When you're dividing a road like that and going in one direction then change side of the road and go back there's no need for the props to be "lined up straight". That often ends up in small edges. See picture for more details. The picture is a rough concept but if you line up the props in the same style but more precise the results will be smooth props from both racing directions. If there's any questions just ask me. http://i58.tinypic.com/rkwy02.jpg

K - Y
good fix, get's a Yes.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 26 August 2014 - 11:45 PM.

8/20/14 Nominated Class:

Idianapolis GP Circuit - hashstone89 - L(Y) - K(Y) - MD(Y) - MI(Y)

PROlaps Go-karting - Argonaut110 - L(N) - K(N) - MD(N) - MI(N)

Small Car, Smart Car - jsakanee - L(N) - K(Y) - MD(N) - MI(N)

Dustier Trails - jsakanee - L(N) - K(N) - MD(N) - MI(Y)

The High Life 2 - Weems2k - L(Y) - K(Y) - MD(Y) - MI(N)

The Smiler - K1MBERJANE - L(Y) - K(Y) - MD(Y) - MI(X)

Hotel Los Santos - midders10 - L(Y) - K(Y) - MD(Y) - MI(X)

War on Terroir - KingS0lo - L(Y) - K(X) - MD(Y) - MI(Y)

Smokin' Bowls - KingS0lo - L(Y) - K(X) - MD(Y) - MI(Y)

On Hold for Future Class:

Tata V: I am Speed! - KingS0lo

Midtown Mayhem - KingS0lo

Rhythm Is A Dancer - KingS0lo

Mulet GP - KingS0lo

Bat Out Of Hell - KingS0lo

Flowmotion - KingS0lo

Don't Believe The Hype! - KingS0lo

Awkward Hills - jsakanee

Dirty Beach - jsakanee

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

i made a change in classes to Mallard Mayhem, so it's now Midtown Mayhem

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by Halal Cyborg, 21 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

Right love making races but from the looks of things here the standard is mega high, so anyway gonna submit a race just to test the waters...Suv lap races are something that at least amongst my friends on gta online I seem to do differently...can I post several at once?

SUV Playground

http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

Dipping In The Deep

Picturesque Bikeride

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:18 PM Edited by King S0lo, 21 August 2014 - 08:20 PM.

Right love making races but from the looks of things here the standard is mega high, so anyway gonna submit a race just to test the waters...Suv lap races are something that at least amongst my friends on gta online I seem to do differently...can I post several at once?

SUV Playground

Dipping In The Deep

Picturesque Bikeride

please take a look at the stickied Checkpoint placement guide, then check you races accordingly. just from looking at the first map i can tell you have a lot of stacked checkpoints, meaning they are too close together to react appropriately. there are 2 basic rules for checkpoints. 1. the next checkpoint always has to be visible from  the last. 2. don't place a checkpoint unless it is necessary.

from personal experience i know it is better to just submit 1, maybe 2 races for starters, then take what you learned from those reviews to adjust all the other races you plan on entering.

Oh, and welcome, of course. always good to see new faces in this thread.

Halal Cyborg
  • Halal Cyborg

Junglist

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:28 PM

With most races stacked checkpoints are crap but I stack them to stop people cutting and to also find it easier to navigate difficult tracks...probably a better way to do it but that's why on mine I stack them

thanks for the advice

hashstone89
  • hashstone89

Malish Commish

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:38 PM

Thanks for the great feedback guys!

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

Marcus, regarding the tires around poles; you can either do the push/pull method, where you set down the tires, pick them up again and pick up speed pushing or pulling them towards the lightpole. then, at the last moment before the circle turns red, you hit A to set them down. you can gain a couple of meters like that. this is also what i use to "melt" together my barriers.

the other method is to go in to the car camera, break off the light pole (or every other destructible object) then place the tires where the other object was. when you go back in to overhead camera, the tires will be around the lightpole. 

the first method works for all objects (i used it f.e. in my approved GTA race at the airport [Soil'd Snake] to cover some of the poles that hold up the roof next to the start/finish straight), the second method works only for destructible objects. i think hashstone used the 2nd method, but i don't know for sure.

• MarcusDaze likes this

Li0Nia
  • Li0Nia

II Lio II

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

Hello people. I would like to submit my created race for a review. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:15 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 24 August 2014 - 11:33 AM.

Looks good from the map Lionia. I will add it in next round.

I have not heard hide nor hair from any of my judges since posting the class. As it seems interest has been waning for this thread I am going to close the nominations for now. We will clear out the existing nominations and I will allow any previously denied races to be resubmitted but no new nominations.

midders10
  • midders10

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:23 PM

It's only be two days Luap. Myself, I had surgery on Monday and have been recovering from that alongside battling the flu. I'm only just at the point of being able to concentrate for little more than 10 minutes at a time without needing to rush to bed or be sick. You're the boss though and while I expect to get through this class in the next couple of days just let me know if there is no need.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:34 PM

Don't get me the wrong way guys. The last class took almost a full week and at least one said he had forgotten he hadn't done them. The nominations have tapered off a lot. The responses to the reviews are minimal. The majority of the nominations have been judge tracks. I don't know it just kinda feels like this might be coming to an end.

If you fellas disagree and want me to keep it going I will.

midders10
  • midders10

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:44 PM

That's fair enough fella, you're the one that does the extra work in organising things and have made valid points. Just me reacting to the hide nor hair part ;-)

One thing for me is that R* promised an ever evolving world which has never evolved and there are only so many things that can be done with so many roads.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

I wouldn't mind keeping it going. My recent intent was to get the list up to 500 races and then Changing the OP to remove all the criteria and rules and stuff and just leave it with a big header that says "500 community approved custom racing tracks" and have it pinned as an accomplishment that we have all contributed to.

If this is to happen though we need to get back on the ball and continue moving it down the field. I was really hoping that some of the retired judges would have returned renewed but they never did.

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:39 AM Edited by BridgeHat, 24 August 2014 - 06:46 AM.

Things like Vehicle Parkour, Gymkhana, Puzzles, Mazes or Trials are interesting and challenging adaptations on what the creator can do but should not be nominated here.

Luap,

You made a very good thread. The idea was excellent and it has lead to many jobs being verified. That's how popular and relevant your thread has become.

This thread is beyond just you now, it's a platform where everyone who's serious goes to share their content. It has been stickied and has high visibility.

Who's going to make their own thread for a job, when they've the opportunity to be given publicity by this thread and all who visit. This is the best opportunity for creators to share their content and meet like minded creators who they can refine/expand their the skills with, and share jobs with people who also value these types of races.

I want to appeal to you to allow people to submit jobs which take advantage of glitches. Some of the most popular jobs on Social Club are these exact types of jobs. Therefore, there's a HUGE community who value these jobs.

Rockstar already discriminates against people who use glitched prop placement. The community doesn't need our fellow creators to discriminate against us too.

Glitched props as you concede, are legitimate means of creating AWESOME races.

If you allow people to submit these types of jobs, you can still say 'I don't value this types of jobs, thus, I do not want to test them'. That's your right.

However, please don't stop others from testing and submitting these jobs. If you allow people to submit these jobs, I am confident people will rise to the opportunity to give feedback in relation to these jobs.

We need this, man. I'm appealing to you to be fair to us, and not discriminate against variety.

What is the spirit of custom content, if not to be an extension of the communities' values?

Your action hurts us.

Please reconsider.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users