• Australia

Posted 2 days ago

Re-resub: Atomic Benchmark Raceway

midders10
  • midders10

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago Edited by midders10, An hour ago.

Thanks for the comments. :)

I agree on PJFT 1st needing to be a step down in class.  It was quite nice in testing but when battling with someone it wasn't the gentle track I thought and it should the final corner easier.  I've also put to 2 laps as it should have been.  Will move 4 to stop the shortcut and sort visibility plus minor tweaks to the CP's elsewhere.  I can't see the problem but a mate says people look like they are missing the first turn so I might put a barrier across to block the road.

Double crossed: I have changed the props and very minor adjustments to a couple of CP's (mainly the first chicane so the first is a couple of yards closer to S/F and encourages more of the corner to be cut, the second pushed down the road a few yards so it can be seen sooner and still be taken if pushed over the bales.  I was going to put it on muscle to slow people down for the first corner but if I am honest I prefer sports.  For the changes to the props I have replaced the striped barriers with hay bales as I thought they were more sympathetic to the environment and were generally a visual thing, Due to using the tankers being used as a back drop I am at the limit for props but I have stretched the first line of barriers all the way across on the first corner.  I'll look at angling the end of straight corners.  I've also pushed the S?F a little further from the corner so it's not so easily missed.

PJFT IC, the corner CP, was 11 now 10, that had slight visibility issue.  I pushed 9 up the road a few yards, has no impact on 9's visibility but helps with 10.

The Pukes of Harmony.  I've been umming and ahhing about withdrawing it.  It's tricky in places and the run up to the barn after the first corner can bounce you off if not taken right.  I guess it's a bit marmite so I apologise if it's a bad one.

midders10
  • midders10

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago Edited by midders10, An hour ago.

I've just noticed that PJFT 1st and DC made the list.  I thought I was resubmitting so thank you for the approvals.  I haven't bothered with a barrier on 1st.  I just can't see the big problem and it just felt weird having props on one corner.  I've altered the CP's on the tree lined road after the first corner to help visibility, just slight adjustments.   Could it be relocated to the sports class?

X0SyKotic0X
  • X0SyKotic0X

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

City Pro-Laps - X0SyKotic0X

L - Y
Good title, OK desc. GTA elements available. Laps. Coupes default. Good restrictions.
11 and 22 are wide on the corner. I would set default to night for better visibility of some of the checkpoints. Nice race.

MD - Y
I could not find anything wrong with this one. Great job!

K - N
Visibility 10-11, really had me searching. 11 is way too far out in the curve, same goes for 22. if there is no curb to orientate yourself for the apex, draw a mental line where a curb would be. then use that too define the apex and hence your CP. CP 14 could also use a more defined location, it's rather randomly placed. move CP 16, 21, 25 closer to apex. CP 28 is too far left. easy fix for approval.

thanks for the input guys and thanks for the approval.

i have tightened a couple of the CPs as suggested and switched it to morning to, hopefully, avoid any CP searching. 

NLdestinyX
  • NLdestinyX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted A day ago

Here you go:
Resubmission of Down Town Los Santos  - MrDutchGamerzzz

@LuapYllier I was on my phone and I didn't have the link ready yesterday evening 

X0SyKotic0X
  • X0SyKotic0X

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Submission:

Berris Fuellers Day On

Land Race: Sports, coupes, super

http://socialclub.ro...Iw?platformId=1

Wraith of Vern
  • Wraith of Vern

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

Great Chaparral Rally - Wraith-of-Vern
L - Y
Good title, OK desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Sports default. Drift. Good restrictions. 8 Players.
Not sure of the intent of the barriers at 17. You either get stuck on the tire rows or just at the point where I needed a firm barrier you have a buch of useless barrels that allow you to fly off into the river. You can lose 29.

MD - Y
Great little race, one suggestion tho. Remove the dynamic barrels and put something solid there. Maybe some concrete.

K - Y
Very nice race, well done! nothing else to say.

Thats awesome, thanks for the feedback!

At CP 17, my original intent was that the tires were there to just guide people round the corner. But I found that too many people were ending up driving into the river thinking this was part of the track. I added the barriers to guide people over the bridge, but still allow them to go through it if they come in "too hot". Also to prevent any kind of pile up at the mouth of the bridge.

I could swap the tires and barrels for some concrete barriers. Would I still be alright to do this?

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A day ago

Great Chaparral Rally - Wraith-of-Vern
L - Y
Good title, OK desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Sports default. Drift. Good restrictions. 8 Players.
Not sure of the intent of the barriers at 17. You either get stuck on the tire rows or just at the point where I needed a firm barrier you have a buch of useless barrels that allow you to fly off into the river. You can lose 29.

MD - Y
Great little race, one suggestion tho. Remove the dynamic barrels and put something solid there. Maybe some concrete.

K - Y
Very nice race, well done! nothing else to say.

Thats awesome, thanks for the feedback!

At CP 17, my original intent was that the tires were there to just guide people round the corner. But I found that too many people were ending up driving into the river thinking this was part of the track. I added the barriers to guide people over the bridge, but still allow them to go through it if they come in "too hot". Also to prevent any kind of pile up at the mouth of the bridge.

I could swap the tires and barrels for some concrete barriers. Would I still be alright to do this?

Yes of course. You won't change the track itself just some improvements.

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

GRA-TA-TA

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Here's my resubmission for my race "Where's LS Customs?"

http://socialclub.ro...BpE66qCmh7_ftlg

Fixed the hairpin turn by making it impossible to enter it through the opposite lane.

Switched the tire lines with blue constructiob barriers to make it flow better.

Merged CP 12-13

Removed CP 7

Added CP 2 in between original 1-2 to increase vision, thus adding a CP 3 where CP 2 was.

Changed time of day to morning for clarity.

Didn't know what I couldv'e done with CP 8-9

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A day ago

If I remember correctly it's in the tunnel? Try to place a CP in the end of the tunnel, in the elevation drop. That gives you visibility from 8? Move 9 a bit forward. It will be a minor visibility from new 9 to new 10 but I think that's the best you can do. 

Something like this:
atw0p2.jpg

gagemb9918
  • gagemb9918

GRA-TA-TA

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

If I remember correctly it's in the tunnel? Try to place a CP in the end of the tunnel, in the elevation drop. That gives you visibility from 8? Move 9 a bit forward. It will be a minor visibility from new 9 to new 10 but I think that's the best you can do. 

Something like this:
atw0p2.jpg

Okay. Hows CP 1-3? Did I stack them to much?

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted A day ago

Nah, not much you can do in that turn it. How does it look if you merge 2&3?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

L - Y
Great title and desc. GTA elements available. Laps. Muscle default. Offroad also.
Only thing I could really comment on is the layout of the props on the right side of 42-43. It feels like it is all too far back especially toward the end of it where it allows you to get trapped by the rail. Great race though.

MD - Y
Just a few CP's that could be removed but works just fine as it is.

K - Y
Everything about this feels right, the flawless CP work, the organic props that feel like they really belong there, the choice of class and vehicle... no idea why you thought you had to preemptively excuse yourself for this track. Well done! 

Air Raid - Weems2k
L - Y
Good title, OK desc. PTP. Planes. Good restrictions.
Pretty good. 2 times I found the next checkpoint hard to locate (4-5,11-12) but nothing broken.

MD - Y
Nice race, didn't find anything wrong with it exept that CP1 is hard too see from start.

K - Y
Nice flow, no visibility issues, good job. Approved.

Go Karting! - NessaMagick
L - N
Good title and desc. GTA elements available. 12 Players. Laps. Off-Road only.
Add a checkpoint between 7-8, 11-12. Besides that...awesome race. Easy fix for approval.

MD - Y
The only thing worth noting is the minor visibility issue at 11-12. Good race! 

K - Y
Best use of the Bifta I've seen in a while. Flows well, no serious issues. One thing - your corner CPs feel a bit inconsistent. some are set on the curb a little bit, others stand out a bit too far. in future tracks, try to only make the outline of the CP touch the curb, or even leave a little room in between, and try to center them in the middle of the turn. but that's really just some advice, as it is all within the boundaries as it is. also, CP 1 is a bit off to the left. CP 4 could use a little pulling back to the center of the curve. just imagine the curb to the right as a piece of pie, and the line that cuts it in half, that's the line the CP should be on. visibility issue you need to take care of at 11-12. Nice little race, gets a Yes.

Blaze It - NessaMagick
L = N
OK title and desc. Limited GTA elements provided. PTP. Off-Road only. Blazer only.
Visibility issues 7-8, 11-12, 13-14, 14-15, 17-18, 22-23, 23-24, 25-26, 26-27, 30-31, 31-32, 32-33, 33-34, 34-35, 46-47, 47-48, 49-50. This is a no...but you have several checkpoints left.

MD - N
Visibility issue: 7-8, 13-14, 14-15, 17-18, 23-24, 25-26, 26-27, 27-28, 32-33, 33-34, 46-47, 49-50. Works really good as it is so you have two choices here. First one is to fix every issue and resub. Second option is to not resub at all because you already have a great race here but unfortunetly it doesn't meet our guidelines.

K - N
Visibility issues: Grid-1, 7-8, 11-12, 13-14, 14-15, 19-20, 23-24, 25-26, 26-27, 32-33, 33-34, 34-35 *sigh*, 37-38, 46-47, 49-50.The barriers at 35 need to be done so players don't get stuck on protruding barriers, meaning the next barrier in line needs to be perfectly aligned, or stand out a tiny bit. pretty much the opposite of what you did here. how you would think this had any chance at approval is beyond me, since we explicitly mentioned the obvious CP issues in your other races and pointed you towards the CP placement guide that is pretty clear about what is approvable and what not. i do not understand the idea behind the placement of GTA props in a very few locations with one big cluster in one place. not counting towards my vote, just caught my eye. needs a lot of CP fixing for approval. 

The Sunny Day Run - X0SyKotic0X
L - N
Great title and desc. No GTA elements. 8 Players. PTP. Motorcycles only. Traffic on.
It has some visibility issues in the hills that need ironing out. Nice path though. Easy fix for approval.

MD - Y
Really good race. Nothing to complain about here.

K - Y
I still don't get why anyone would set Talk Radio for a race. but oh well, difference of tastes, i guess. Visibility issues: 6-7. CP 53 either needs to go in the oncoming lane that goes towards 54, or on the to the right of the lane. Where it is now people won't instantly see where to go, especially in a racing situation. CP 60 is hard to see. move CP 65 back to the apex of the corner. Nice race, gets a Yes, but look in to those few issues.

Stock Market Crash 2 - X0SyKotic0X
L - Y
Good title, great desc. GTA elements provided. Laps. Super default. Speed. Good restrictions.
Push 8 forward just a bit for better visibility. 10 is too far left. Remove 21. Nice race...merely suggestions.

MD - Y
Nothing to complain about here either. Good work

K - Y
More Talk Radio... *urgh*. No hard issues here, just wanna mention that your races would feel a tad bit more professional if you went for a more consistent CP placement. don't get me wrong, it's all within the guidelines, but some are a bit on the curb, some a bit far out, others a little bit too early or too late. but that's high level advice, no issue in regard to approval. CP 22 is a bit far to the right. Gets a Yes, sweet short track.

Soil'd Snake - KingS0lo
L - Y
Good title, Great desc. GTA elements provided. Laps. Muscle default. Good restrictions.
Nice race...some of the checkpoints seem a little close together but I can see why with all the points needed for multiple loops. Great job.

MD - N
Stacked CP's in almost the whole race. CP 22 can go or be moved back to give racers more time to see the hairpin. The fences at 25-26 needs to be moved forward or add more fences, I missed the fences and flew out.

K - X

Sandy Shore Grand Prix 3 (Resub) - marcusdaze
L - Y
Good title and desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Sports default. Drift. Good restrictions.
I would pull 5 out a bit from in the turn so it can be better seen or put something blocking the road to make it clear a second left turn. Many of the corner checkpoints feel like they maybe are too far onto the dirt. They aren't "not working" or anything but just feels funny. Excellent prop work throughout. I think the station thing works much better now. Great race.

MD - X

K - Y
Great layout & flow, p much flawless CP placement (maybe sometimes a bit deep on the inside dirt bit of some curves). The hairpin at the end of the first straight could use some outlining props, more than some other turns, as people going to fast and not adjusting the camera can miss the CP and go straight. I would've set a tail-happier car, such as the Comet, Carbonizzaire or Feltzer instead of the heavy Massacro with the tendency to lock up on going straight when it gets a downshift acceleration boost. Great race, clear 

L - N
Good title and desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Super default. Tech. Good restrictions.
Turn two is going to be a crash site every lap. I personally would reroute something to avoid that 1-2 combo. Can't see 4 from 3. I would add one between 16-17. I don't think this chicane works at all man...it is way too tight. I know that in theory, a chicane is suposed to be something that forces the driver to slow way down to probably the slowest speed of the entire track and do a little wiggle through the obstacles. This is how it works in the real life races but the difference is that every driver on those cources has every turn studied, practiced and memorized before the race. They know exactly what is coming and what speeds to be at. In GTA 90% of your racers will have never seen the track before unless you only race with friends. This is a pretty fast aproach and based on previous prop work and styles it appears to be a full on left turn being forced from the right lane which can be taken at fairly high speed...then you pass through the checkpoint and are faced with an immediate right turn you had no way to know was there. You didn't even block off the open street to the left so chances are people are going to blow right through 27 without even having the chance to see the turn arrows. So what I am saying is that it isn't so much that this particular chicane is broken (it works if you know it is there) but chicane's in general really don't work very well in this game. I have been frustrated by them every single time I encounter one.

MD - X

K - Y
If you want to name it perfectly right, it's either Nürnburgring or Nuernburgring. just a tip from a german speaker. Visibility issues: CP 1 is hard to see, 3-4 (borderline), 14-15, 17 is hard to see. CP 5 could profit from being moved ahead a bit, so it doesn't matter if someone goes left or right past the trees. Also, using CP 17 and/or some props to guide players on the left lane for CP 18 might be a good idea. the chicane always interrupted my flow, but i guess i just haven't found the right line yet. It's a Yes, but please fix the visibility issues and the title, and consider my other advises.

X0SyKotic0X
  • X0SyKotic0X

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 hours ago Edited by X0SyKotic0X, 19 hours ago.

Thanks again guys, i'll look at your advice and tweak them accordingly. 

Couple of things to ask King: 

On Sunny Day you say:

CP 53 either needs to go in the oncoming lane that goes towards 54, or on the to the right of the lane. Where it is now people won't instantly see where to go, especially in a racing situation

I don't quite get that? 52 - 53 - 54 is in a dead straight line with each other so you're pointing exactly where you need to be pointing in order to see CP54? 

the on Stock Market Crash you say:

CP 22 is a bit far to the right.

I'm not sure which CP you mean as 22 is technically the starting grid?

Also King..... what's wrong with talk radio? lol.

TBH, I don't worry about the radio setting too much because I would imagine people would change it to what they want anyway, I normally do when I race, but I'll try to remember to change it in future.  :p  

edit: weirdly, the radio is set to Non-Stop Pop on Sunny Day and to Radio Mirror Park on tock Market Crash 2....  :dontgetit:

Electrik Slickety
  • Electrik Slickety

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 hours ago

I noticed that my race "Downtown Drift" was nominated for class A but it still has a line through it. I just wanted to ask the judges if y'all were still having bookmark problems with it or if everything is ok now?
  • GR Choke likes this

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 16 hours ago Edited by MarcusDaze, 16 hours ago.

Sandy Shore Grand Prix 3 (Resub) - marcusdaze

L - Y
Good title and desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Sports default. Drift. Good restrictions.
I would pull 5 out a bit from in the turn so it can be better seen or put something blocking the road to make it clear a second left turn. Many of the corner checkpoints feel like they maybe are too far onto the dirt. They aren't "not working" or anything but just feels funny. Excellent prop work throughout. I think the station thing works much better now. Great race.

MD - X

K - Y
Great layout & flow, p much flawless CP placement (maybe sometimes a bit deep on the inside dirt bit of some curves). The hairpin at the end of the first straight could use some outlining props, more than some other turns, as people going to fast and not adjusting the camera can miss the CP and go straight. I would've set a tail-happier car, such as the Comet, Carbonizzaire or Feltzer instead of the heavy Massacro with the tendency to lock up on going straight when it gets a downshift acceleration boost. Great race, clear 

L - N
Good title and desc. No GTA elements. Laps. Super default. Tech. Good restrictions.
Turn two is going to be a crash site every lap. I personally would reroute something to avoid that 1-2 combo. Can't see 4 from 3. I would add one between 16-17. I don't think this chicane works at all man...it is way too tight. I know that in theory, a chicane is suposed to be something that forces the driver to slow way down to probably the slowest speed of the entire track and do a little wiggle through the obstacles. This is how it works in the real life races but the difference is that every driver on those cources has every turn studied, practiced and memorized before the race. They know exactly what is coming and what speeds to be at. In GTA 90% of your racers will have never seen the track before unless you only race with friends. This is a pretty fast aproach and based on previous prop work and styles it appears to be a full on left turn being forced from the right lane which can be taken at fairly high speed...then you pass through the checkpoint and are faced with an immediate right turn you had no way to know was there. You didn't even block off the open street to the left so chances are people are going to blow right through 27 without even having the chance to see the turn arrows. So what I am saying is that it isn't so much that this particular chicane is broken (it works if you know it is there) but chicane's in general really don't work very well in this game. I have been frustrated by them every single time I encounter one.

MD - X

K - Y
If you want to name it perfectly right, it's either Nürnburgring or Nuernburgring. just a tip from a german speaker. Visibility issues: CP 1 is hard to see, 3-4 (borderline), 14-15, 17 is hard to see. CP 5 could profit from being moved ahead a bit, so it doesn't matter if someone goes left or right past the trees. Also, using CP 17 and/or some props to guide players on the left lane for CP 18 might be a good idea. the chicane always interrupted my flow, but i guess i just haven't found the right line yet. It's a Yes, but please fix the visibility issues and the title, and consider my other advises.

Sandy Shore: Will look at CP5, I'll see if I can salvage two props from somewhere. The hairpin is decent and I really think that I need the props on other places than the hairpin. Maybe put one to block the mainroad. The reason for the wierd CP placement in the corners is that I can't place them closer to each other where the road is divided. My feeling about the placement is good. I've got a lot of good feedback because of the "wierd" placement.

Nurburgring: First of all, I've named this track: "Nurburgring". The correct way to spell it without the "ü" (according to google) ;)

Will look at the CP's you guys noted. I'll take a look at how I can improve the chicane but I won't remove it. The chicane is there on the real track and it's a recreation so I'll have it there and try to improve it the best I can. Same with CP2-3, I need that turn to make the track realistic.

Q to Luap: Is the No vote based mainly on the chicane or will I get your Yes vote if I fix the CP problems? Need to know if there is any point to resubmit.

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 hours ago

well, google lied to you there. but whether ü or u, the n is needed; NürNburgring  :pp

XoSykoticoX: i'm in a bit of a hurry now, will comment later

X0SyKotic0X
  • X0SyKotic0X

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 hours ago

well, google lied to you there. but whether ü or u, the n is needed; NürNburgring  :pp

cool thanks. 

And not that I want to get involved but

:

Nurburgring Without the N is, as far as my F1 Fan memory goes, is correct as it is near the town of Nurburg in Germany. 

Nurnburgring with the N, would be more like a race track near to Nurnberg (or Nuremberg) which is about a 5 hour drive from Nurburg. 

midders10
  • midders10

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 hours ago Edited by midders10, An hour ago.

Thank you for the approval and kind comments :).  I was iffy because this was the first track I made, although CP's and the final sector that takes you left and back under the bridge have been altered for submission.  I guess it was the bumpy nature of the track when passing the barn/house and whether I had made it too hairpinny/twisty, though the new sector adds the go for it full speed element.  (Yes, my gauntlet is Orange with blue stripe and Dukes horn lol)

I'll look at the props at 42-43.  They were that far back for two reasons, one was I wasn't sure how out of control some people would be on that part so I left plenty of room for a spin before hitting the bales, the other because it was the narrowest part to join the two sides as I was running out of props.  I'll look at half inching a couple from elsewhere to bring forward and fix barrier issue.

Okay, so I have another couple for submission.  

Anarchist Behaviour

http://socialclub.ro...Ng?platformId=1

Default Motorcycle - Most others allowed

Polish your chrome and don your cut in this Charming street race.

Hydro Electric

Default Sports - Most others allowed

http://socialclub.ro...VQ?platformId=1

NO SWIMMING ALLOWED. Rally-esque race around the Land Act Reservoir and Tatavium Mountains....WARNING....Contains sections that require the ability to drive.

Gentle reminder ;) :  PJFT 1st SC is now default sports.  The lower power, imo, makes it much easier to have a very close and fast battle with someone throughout the race.  I decided to put the barrier across at turn 1.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 hours ago Edited by LuapYllier, 15 hours ago.

I noticed that my race "Downtown Drift" was nominated for class A but it still has a line through it. I just wanted to ask the judges if y'all were still having bookmark problems with it or if everything is ok now?

Yeah...I commented on it at the top or bottom of the most recent class post. Still not working.

Marcus...the no was based on checkpoint issues...not the chicane. However if the chicane will remain I would spread it out and lessen the checkpoint stack as much as possible. Open it up to higher speed passage. It will be less like the real chicane but will be also less likely to ruin someones race in the virtual one.

Electrik Slickety
  • Electrik Slickety

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 hours ago

[quote name="LuapYllier" post="1065855539" timestamp="1406120834"]

[quote name="Electrik Slickety" post="1065855219" timestamp="1406114709"]
I noticed that my race "Downtown Drift" was nominated for class A but it still has a line through it. I just wanted to ask the judges if y'all were still having bookmark problems with it or if everything is ok now?[/quote]Yeah...I commented on it at the top or bottom of the most recent class post. Still not working.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?
Sorry for the messy post

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 hours ago

Only fix I have heardused is to recreate it from scratch and don't touch the mystery settings...or you could wait for the next patch and hope they correct the settings.

Electrik Slickety
  • Electrik Slickety

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 hours ago

Bummer! I kinda thought that was what I was going to have to do! Thanks for the help! I will let y'all know when I'm done with the next one!

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 hours ago Edited by King S0lo, 11 hours ago.

cool thanks. 

And not that I want to get involved but

:

Nurburgring Without the N is, as far as my F1 Fan memory goes, is correct as it is near the town of Nurburg in Germany. 

Nurnburgring with the N, would be more like a race track near to Nurnberg (or Nuremberg) which is about a 5 hour drive from Nurburg. 

i stand corrected. forget about the N then. the ü would still be correct, but i think both works, with u it's probably just the english way of spelling it.

Edit: Xoetc. the confusion with the CPs might result from a common misunderstanding; when you hit down on the d-pad during a race to see which CP you are at, it always shows the next one coming up, not the one you passed. look at the map of your race for the correct CP location.

Edit 2: Sunny Day Run; i see the straight line you speak of, but 54 is past another road, on the entrance to yet another road. i for one had problems seeing where to go at full race speed. just my impression. 

Stock Market Crash 2; i guess you already made some changes, as you are now down to 20 CPs. i mean to remember 22 was the one before the grid, but that doesn't matter now anymore anyway, i guess.

@MarcusDaze: it would have been helpful if you gave me an idea as to where you see the stacked CPs. it's quite a challenging arrangement in this one, as i pass the same spots 3 times, 2 times on top and 1 time below, so the placing of the CPs is really a a matter of adjusting them in relation to each other. i reworked it multiple times and thought i had found the best possible compromise, but i guess i'll have to go over it again. any pointers would be welcome. oh, and the fence issue... i see the fence as more of an act of kindness towards the players than a necessity, since players still are responsible for knowing the roads they race on, and their specific dangers, so i don't feel like it should be a criteria for the vote. but that's just my opinion, and i respect your review.

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 9 hours ago

alright, i think i've dealt with the stacking issue as well as possible, reducing the total amount of CPs to 35 in the process. the only other thing i could theoretically do would be to reduce the CPs used in the long 180 degree curves to 2 instead of 3, but that would then create arrow direction  and/or visibility issues. i added more fences to both side of the existing ones, making it near impossible to go off track there. some of the boosts i exchanged for rockets, as feedback from players told me the boosts were more of a annoyance than beneficial, so now only the boosts players can actually make use of remain.

so,  Soil'd Snake re-sub ready.

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 8 hours ago

Yeah sorry about that, it's just like the race we reviewed one or two class ago. And as a said to that guy it's really hard to make a race that goes multiple laps in one lap and in different elevation at that area.

I looked on your resub and it looks much better :)

King S0lo
  • King S0lo

Don Dada

• Members
  • None

Posted 8 hours ago

Yeah sorry about that, it's just like the race we reviewed one or two class ago. And as a said to that guy it's really hard to make a race that goes multiple laps in one lap and in different elevation at that area.

I looked on your resub and it looks much better :)

oh, no need for a sorry, it was actually good that i had a reason to work it over once more. now i'm more content with it myself. i wrote that first entry before i looked in to it, so just disregard that.

Rammer2k
  • Rammer2k

All In!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 hours ago

Appreciate the approval for my air race.  Thanks.  I would like to resubmit this one:

http://socialclub.ro...Kw?platformId=1

And add this newest one:

http://socialclub.ro...JQ?platformId=1

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users