[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

1,964 replies to this topic
LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:55 AM

Cool probably going to focus on the off road Dam this is tricky has turned into a huge favourite of mine :) 

Broughy1322
  • Broughy1322

Vehicle Tester

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:59 AM Edited by Broughy1322, 29 March 2014 - 12:59 AM.

G - Y

I am beginning to wonder what variant of Los Santos GP your next race will be.

Well there is the full circuit that is already approved here (further down the supers list as it was done early on) :)

Thanks for the comments and potential improvement suggestions guys, appreciated :)

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 29 March 2014 - 08:07 AM

Making my first nomination.. no longer a virgin

Chumash Grand Prix

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 March 2014 - 09:13 AM

You could just switch the two lines at that particular point and loose that one crossover right?  Remove the 2nd of the stacked CP's and let the two other stay...

Switch the two lines? If you mean don't make them cross over then that causes issues for both paths a block down the road. The second checkpoint is only there to make it clear you belong on the other side of the bus. Putting any props in to guide one side will block the other. I could put a V shape out in the road intersection to somewhat guide both turns but even that will cut off a necessary alternate path. The desired line for both turns is in between the tree and the bus...the outside the tree line is there in case there is a car coming from the opposing turn and you can't both go inside at the same time. I am going to make a vid of the track tonight to help in the explanation.

From the video you just posted it seems the only problems that would arise would be from props you placed out, the track could just mirror that part to make all the props appear opposite of where they are now, I don't see where the issue would arise, other then the fact you would have to lose the crossover...  Idk, but I ended up in the wrong lane every lap when testing it, because I didn't see the checkpoint until I was already pretty much on the wrong side of the bus.  It could maybe work for a slower vehicle, idk...  That would probably mess with your jumps though, as they seem very carefully placed...

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

The Valedictorian – Fachuro
L - N
Good Title, great desc. No GTA mode. Laps. Sedans only.
Nice little course. Again I am having reservations about the prop use...but on this one I have a couple specifics. Turn one there is a blue container on the left blocking the shortcut...which is fine but it is also blocking any ability to see checkpoint 2 before actually making the turn. I would highly suggest using a shorter prop here. I would also pull CP 2 considerably out of the turn so that as I come through CP 1 it is more in my face. I know this causes it to be more stacked but what you might consider is shifting CP 1 over to the far right hand two lanes and using props to block off the left two lanes of the first straight near the end so that as you make the left turn the block has been widened by two lanes. Could be even more if you push us into the right turn lane. This could be used to make a more gradual turn as well. Same could be said for CP 5 as if we were turning left from the right hand lanes we would have more time to see CP 6. Large Corrugated Cabin needs to be a shorter prop at CP 16. If you can do something about the stacked CP's in those two corners it's a go.

G - N
Good title and matching description. Limited to sedans. Why not limit to Shaefter to match description? 
That first corner might be exciting with a full 16 grid. Placing start at CP2 or 4 could help. Good CP usage. I have concerns about prop usage. The containers placed at a lot of the corners severely limit visibility of what comes next. Maybe replace with a shorter prop? And maybe it’s just me, but I felt really confined on this course. Felt like racing thru a funnel at times. Maybe with some prop removal it would open things up a bit and allow for more than one race line.

Somehow it just posted the quote and not the actual post I typed out...  Kinda annoying...  Anyways, problems should be fixed now...

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:22 PM

You could just switch the two lines at that particular point and loose that one crossover right?  Remove the 2nd of the stacked CP's and let the two other stay...

Switch the two lines? If you mean don't make them cross over then that causes issues for both paths a block down the road. The second checkpoint is only there to make it clear you belong on the other side of the bus. Putting any props in to guide one side will block the other. I could put a V shape out in the road intersection to somewhat guide both turns but even that will cut off a necessary alternate path. The desired line for both turns is in between the tree and the bus...the outside the tree line is there in case there is a car coming from the opposing turn and you can't both go inside at the same time. I am going to make a vid of the track tonight to help in the explanation.

From the video you just posted it seems the only problems that would arise would be from props you placed out, the track could just mirror that part to make all the props appear opposite of where they are now, I don't see where the issue would arise, other then the fact you would have to lose the crossover...  Idk, but I ended up in the wrong lane every lap when testing it, because I didn't see the checkpoint until I was already pretty much on the wrong side of the bus.  It could maybe work for a slower vehicle, idk...  That would probably mess with your jumps though, as they seem very carefully placed...

The track actually works very well with sports cars too. The turns throughout the entire race are designed to have the same feel of outside to apex to outside and due to the consistency of the roads in the area you get into a rhythm with the turns. If I swap that main passage through the middle to be on opposite sides both entry turns will be outside to inside and the exit turns will be inside to outside breaking the design rhythm. It also would lose the right lane jumping over the left lane action that you see at the end of the video.  In the video you may have noticed I was able to get rid of one of the stacks...I can't do anything about the second. I will not be rerouting this. Additionally you should consider that stacking is speed relative. If we were hauling ass down a straight in a super those would be way too close together, but in a coupe it is quite visible at that speed. We have approved compact tracks with much tighter checkpoints. With respect I think your wrong. But we can agree to disagree.

I will accept the no.  

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Additional video support provided in OP.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:49 PM Edited by LambentBunny, 30 March 2014 - 06:38 PM.

2 New races again if these have already been done please just disregard it http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:23 PM

A nomination for the next class (trying out what I think is lightly used terrain for a dirtbike race, though the terrain may not be used much for a reason): http://socialclub.ro...platformId=null

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:59 PM Edited by LambentBunny, 31 March 2014 - 07:02 PM.

Class types and vehicles were properly limited to what is appropriate for the track.

Please go try doing swamping in a dune buggy or Bifta how that got approved is beyond me. 

Spent 10 mins respawning over and over before I went all around the houses to get a checkpoint. 

1 or 2 of the off road races have checkpoints that cant be seen or very unclear paths. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

We dont disapprove a track for things like vehicle choices and availability of GTA and such. We will usually comment on it though. Also I think our reviews have probably increased in quality as time went on. The checkpoint issues...what tracks were they on?

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:21 PM

Just weird how peoples races get no's based on a few checkpoints or over using checkpoints but people with races that cant be done in a few vehicles in its class gets the ok. 

I wouldn't say hidden checkpoints but the route of the track is really unclear to the point where I had to respawn or look at the minimap. 

Revolving door being one really struggled with loads of people use the Bifta for off road and a few off road tracks are near impossible with respanws to do on route. 

Please don't think i'm being like super bitchy. 

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:43 AM

Revolving door being one really struggled with loads of people use the Bifta for off road and a few off road tracks are near impossible with respanws to do on route. 

Sorry about that.  I was going to update the vehicle choice anyway (since I noticed when I recently replayed it that the Sanchez is an available vehicle even though I'm sure I made it unselectable after the update a few weeks ago).  I'll go around on the other vehicles too; I ran went round the course with them all when I originally made the track, but it doesn't hurt to check.  Do you remember what checkpoints were hard to find, or the general area?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:51 AM

I knew that looked familiar. That was actually the one race I managed to win in the creator event on Sunday. I could see that some of the vehicles might be very less likely to win the race but they are all doable. I just did it with the Paradise and the Bifta. Just need to make good use of the boosts in some of the street vehicles. I didn't notice any particular checkpoint issues either.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:41 AM Edited by LambentBunny, 01 April 2014 - 01:45 AM.

Sorry about that.  I was going to update the vehicle choice anyway (since I noticed when I recently replayed it that the Sanchez is an available vehicle even though I'm sure I made it unselectable after the update a few weeks ago).  I'll go around on the other vehicles too; I ran went round the course with them all when I originally made the track, but it doesn't hurt to check.  Do you remember what checkpoints were hard to find, or the general area?

Not really an issue too much but the bit as you jump to the prison was confusing first time around as it's not really clear It's fine after that first little bit. I apologise for getting a little annoyed before.

Didn't even need to do swamped anyway so I got annoyed for nothing every off road race should have a video by the end of the week. 

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:40 AM

Not really an issue too much but the bit as you jump to the prison was confusing first time around as it's not really clear It's fine after that first little bit. I apologise for getting a little annoyed before.

Didn't even need to do swamped anyway so I got annoyed for nothing every off road race should have a video by the end of the week. 

If we'd get a list of what races still need to be recorded that would probably be sweet, and try to coordinate our efforts a little more.  I'm away on a skiing vacation until Wednesday, but I'll start recording again once I'm back, just wanna make sure we don't do the same ones (at least until we've made sure all have been recorded).

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

/wonders how the first post in this thread is not a list of what needs to be done.

Lambent seems to have picked off road to work on...pick a class and let us know and we won't overlap. I'll try to do motorcycles..

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:46 PM

Los Santos Speedway R has changed name to Strawberry Speedway just fyi. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:45 PM

Wonder when that happened...I just did the video a couple days ago.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

The swamping without a video can you pick that up Luap or do you want me to do it but in a stock off roader that can do it I dont mind. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:47 PM

I got it...no problem. I uploaded 31 new vids last night that will be listed in a few hours.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hey Lambent or Fachuro...concentrate on the Super class if your going to do more. I have the rest added to game and will do them today and tomorrow.

guitarone01
  • guitarone01

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Two more of my creations submitted for approval:

3 Mile Dock - http://rsg.ms/QGJ9Cu

A 3 mile race around Jetsam Terminal with plenty of drifting turns to test your skills.

Brakes Not Included - http://rsg.ms/1j1tiax

Perhaps the fastest 7 miles you will ever race. Provides some of the closest finishes I've seen.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 12:14 AM

Hey Lambent or Fachuro...concentrate on the Super class if your going to do more. I have the rest added to game and will do them today and tomorrow.

Do you still want me to upload the off road just double checking they are all ready for tonight when I go to bed. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 02:43 AM

Yeah Lambent...sorry, I meant after those offroad ones.

I am uploading 25 more tonight as well.

• LambentBunny likes this

Gronut
  • Gronut

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Submitting a 2 lap race in Blaine county, includes off-road, freeway, and prison. Motorcycles work best, but other vehicles are possible. http://rsg.ms/1gsH5D6

Broughy1322
  • Broughy1322

Vehicle Tester

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:35 PM

Hey guys. Any chance any of you judges would be able to give a quick look over this race for me? http://rsg.ms/QIOGIu

I'm not looking to get it approved for the thread (yet), I could just do with some quick testing to point out any major issues, as the chicane section will be getting put into to the main GP circuit which has already been approved. If not no worries. Cheers

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:48 PM

Thanks for the nominations everyone.

@guitarone01 I see how it is lol time to make and nominate but not to judge ubuh... j/k

@Broughy. Hey man I would be glad to look at it but I don't get to be online for another 3 hours. PS...you should really stop changing approved and recorded races...
  • Coin likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 April 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hey Lambent...your very active and have qualified races...are you interested in judging?

Broughy1322
  • Broughy1322

Vehicle Tester

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

@Broughy. Hey man I would be glad to look at it but I don't get to be online for another 3 hours. PS...you should really stop changing approved and recorded races...

That's okay, just having a look when you can would be a help. Cheers.

As for changing races, this is actually the only major change I've made to any of my races (ie. the only one that actually changes the layout). Every other change has been from recommendations from this thread (adding GTA elements, improving visibility of checkpoints, removing unnecessary checkpoints, etc). I assumed small changes like that were fine, but of course this is a different case entirely and if the main circuit has to be re-approved I'm happy for it to go through that process. Having said that, if the upper loop becomes approved then theoretically so should the main circuit since they share the same aspect that has changed in the main circuit. If that makes any sense whatsoever.

I do apologise for changing now it has been recorded. I actually wasn't aware it had been until just now. But again the main circuit is the only one that has had a change which affects this. The routes of all other circuits are the same, even after small CP improvements have been applied.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users