[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

1,921 replies to this topic
LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

Noted in order to not clutter this thread I have sent you a pm. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

OK Lambent is our newest video contributor. Video added.

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:32 AM

And I don't know if anyone cares, but I updated 'Cracked Roads' and took out the tiny turning signs that sometimes get in the way.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:52 PM Edited by Fachuro, 22 March 2014 - 10:50 AM.

The Trucker

http://rsg.ms/1h2yjfn

The Tourist

http://rsg.ms/1h2zbAC

The Valedictorian

http://rsg.ms/1h2yJlK

The Academic

http://rsg.ms/1h2yZBq

The Al-Ahdin

http://rsg.ms/1h2zyem

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 06:57 PM

Thanks Fachuro...beware though we cant do our own races with only two judges. I have not heard from Guitarone01 and his situation.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, I just thought I'd put them up there for whenever someone is ready again.  Kinda tough doing others races with only 2 aswell, as it comes down to very few peoples reviews...

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

The tracks that I personally submitted for approval have been ommitted from the reviews due to not enough judges to make it a fair process.

The Doody Circuit - IckyDoodyPoopoo
L - Y
Unique Title, Simple description. GTA available. Laps. Motorcycle default. Util and Cycle restricted.
Had a few spots in the checkpoints where the next one isn't quite visible but it works. Decent prop use.

F - Y
Ok title, short description.
Good flow, good layout. Good prop usage, hotdog/catering carts works as it seems to be intended, less skilled players might dislike those props, but not a problem for most.  Props generally non-intrusive.
Only issues I have with the track is some of the checkpoint placements, where the checkpoints become too little visible.  Doesn't break the flow of the race in general though, so it's a yes from me. However, the CP issues DID affect my time slightly, and thus I would advice you to change them. (press B when driving in test mode on previous CP to see how visible it is.)
No visibility: CP 6, 8, 14, 16, 24, 31, 41, 45, 49
Low visibility: CP 1, 2, 5, 21, 25, 26, 27, 33, 43, 50 
Lowered visibility: CP 3, 4, 9, 11, 18, 19, 28, 29, 30, 44, 47
Graded based on how severe the disruption in visibility is from the previous checkpoints (a lot of people have to respawn during motorcycle races at pretty much any checkpoint because of it's vulnerability.  The main issues are with no or low visibility checkpoints, most of these are unnecessary issues as you by my count have another 12 checkpoints to spare, and could space them out better to keep the track visible. Still not enough of an issue for me not to say yes though. Nice track :-)

Formula One, Doody Style - IckyDoodyPoopoo
L - Y
Unique Title, Good desc. GTA available. Laps. Super default. Util and Cycle restricted. 12 players.
Checkpoints 4 and 5 need some adjustment in my opinion. More props used than are actually needed.

F - Y
Ok title, OK description. (My favourite car choice!!). Good flow, good layout.
Very good prop usage, most issues seem to have been anticipated. First tireline against concrete might not be needed, it confused me a little, it works though. Generally clever use of tirelines to protect against hard surfaces in turns. Also noticed one tirestack among the yellow poles that perhaps wasn't necessary, and odd to place it after the object instead of before.  Might've been better used on the similar obstacle just in the last turn before finish line. Definatly a yes though, well designed :-)  2nd checkpoint might be excessive if CP1 is placed a little further out in the turn.  CP7 loses a bit of visibility and could be placed further out, but both works.

L - Y
Good Title. Short desc. GTA available. PtP. Super default. Util and Cycles restricted. Traffic on.
If I had to complain I would say I hate supers on dirt...but I don't have to so I will just say "Nailed it!". Nice job.

F - Y
OK title, short description. Current weather/ToD. Traffic on. Testing in Rain/Night as a worst case scenario because of current. Again, Turisimo as standard :D
Good flow, good layout. CP 2 isn't very visible from CP 1, you should have a different grid between these two to increase visibility, I almost went the wrong way.  Also, add another CP in middle of the tunnel to increase visibility and continuity.  CP 33 should be split into two to increase CP-continuity throughout the turn, it's not visible from CP32. Also, when you go to the dirt road part, you could use some barriers guiding on your side, as that particular dirt road doesn't contrast a lot from the surroundings, and the CP seems to be pointing right into nothing.  Another solution would be to place the CP a little bit in to the dirt road to make it clear where you're going, as it's the first part off-tarmac.
Nothing too disruptive though, on the note that you change the tarmac-dirt part and CP2, it's a yes from me.  Those two parts need to change though.

Getaway Drivers - jsakanee
L - Y
Good title, Simple desc. GTA available. PtP. Sports default. Util and cycles restricted. Traffic on. Wanted on. 12 players.
Couldn't squeeze a complaint out of this if I tried. Excellent checpoints. No props.

F - Y
Good title, good description. Default Alpha. Good flow, Good layout.
Not many issues here. CP's through the mountain pass was spaced out wrong, low to non visibility through between CP's, also in the turn as you come down on the other side (16&17) there's a visibility issue, and a CP just before a road split, with together becomes an issue. Move 16 to just after the split in the road to fix. 38&39 have the same issue as in the same turn on the previous race.  And 40 is excessive, and slightly disruptive as the proximity to 41 and the speed you come through at give the driver very little time to react. It's a yes under doubt, but I would advice you to fix those things as they may be rather disruptive. I'd also change the time to night as some CP's are spaced out pretty far, and nighttime increases visibility.  Noon is the absolute worst and should be used for smaller, tighter races IMO.

L - Y
Great Title, Good desc. GTA available. Laps. Muscle default. Offroad Util and Cycle restricted. 8 players.
First off...genius implimentaion of the props. Loved it. One I think you dhould change though is the car parked on the side of the street left of CP 11. I would change it to something larger and move it up into the road as if it was making a right at that intersection. Both my laps the speed and momentum of my car took me into the left lanes when I needed to be in the right. Seeing it blocked will more likely make me slow down. The curb at checkpoint 13 posed a bit of a problem tipping my car up on two wheels. I might have chosen a slightly different line through the area. Otherwise the checkpoints are pretty darn good.

F - Y
Good title, OK description. Default Buccaneer. Good flow, Good layout
Some visibility issues with CP10&11.  CP16 is also somewhat hidden and could be moved back quite a bit to increase visibility.  Red car just before CP19 is also a nuisance, it's quite unnecessary to suddenly add obstacles just before the finish line. CP visibility is also affected by Noon the same way as in previous track, would be an idea to change it to Morning and maybe rain to add to the deserted atmosphere (less people walking).  Still a yes, but that red car really annoys me, even if I don't hit it, seems unnecessary. Otherwise good prop usage.

Rock 'N Roll - toobsock
L - N
Good title. Good title. No GTA. Laps. Super default. No vehicles restricted. 8 players. 
At the sppeed we are travelling at checkpoint 4 it sends us right into a phone booth. I would suggest moving it left or backing it up some to lessen the turn. I would pull CP 12 back so it directs us to the right side of support columns or at minimum pull it back to where it is touching the right edge on the column. Might want to put a couple concrete barriers on the edge of the construction zone after 13 to keep people from slipping into it. Add a checkpoint between 15 and 16, in daylight you can barely see 16. The start finish CP is too far right as a normal CP between laps. Good race with minor tweaks needed.

F - N
OK title, OK description. ToD Current. Turisimo default (!!). OK flow, Good layout.
Visibility issues with CP's 7-14, some hidden, hard to tell where to go.  Also a visibility issues with CP16, mainly caused because of ToD. Lock this to night.  Finish line forces an unnaturally wide turn compared to the rest of the race. Left lane should be block of with some kind of prop to make the turn feel more natural going into that lane. (You've just been following an against-traffic lane and suddenly go into one flowing with traffic instead of the closest lane as previous turns have done.  Currently a no, until some CP issues have been worked on and that left-lane is closed off.  Main CP issues, CP 8, 14 & 16.

Morningwood's Curves - HopalongCasidy
L - N
Good title, Great desc. GTA available. Laps. Coupes default. Cycles restricted. 12 players.
My, my we got technical here. First comment is that I would have put the start finish in an entirely different place. Sending 12 cars into that dropping turn 100 feet from start is going to be a mess. The hump before CP 6 does a pretty good job or ruining that turn. Might try removing 5, spreading 3 and 4 to compensate, and putting 6 right on the hump letting the driver better choose his line to 7. 19 is too close to 20 plus that hairpin is going to be hard sliding turn directly into oncoming racers on later portion of race. It is only one block your rounding and a technical track so there will definately be collissions here between first and 3rd or 4th place. I personally would consider extending 20 down to the next main block and going around that block to come back to 22. Maybe even turning left at 22 to go to 25 and then continue as you have it. At any rate this intersection needs some attention. The tree between 30 and 31 was always an issue for me on the rockstar track through there and is even worse in cars.

F - Y
Good title, good description. Good flow, good layout. Good choice of cars. Weather Current. Exemplar default
Move CP4 back  little to increase visibility,  If you move CP6 back to the exit of the road, CP5 becomes redundant and can be removed, without any changes to the line chosen, giving the driver more time to prepare for turning left, CP8 can be moved back to the apex of the turn.  CP 10 is invisible, move CP9 to the top of the hill. CP11 is excessive. CP 15 not visible, and late in a downhill turn.  Could be better placed further in the start of the turn(based on experience with one of my own races using this exact turn.), also an additional CP between 14 and 15 might be useful to increase visibility. CP17&18 are excessive. CP21 too early in turn to give CP22 visibility, place it as you're going out of the turn. CP25 is excessive. CP28 is excessive.  A few CP issues that need to be smoothed out, but still a yes.

Down The Beach - HopalongCasidy
L - N
Good title, Great description. GTA available. Laps. Offroad only. Injection, Buggy, Blazer, Bifta or customs available.
The props are pretty good and serve their purpose. There are way too many checkpoints in this one. Need fewer points placed more appropriately at the critical direction changes. At an absolute minimum CP 10 needs to go.

F - Y
Nice title, Nice description! Good flow, layout works. Good choice of vehicle. Weather/ToD: Current (Would've liked to see at least rain on default here, as this track is defiantly way cooler with rain :p But all works). Would've also liked to see it locked to Biftas, it's best experienced with those imo, but works with all choices ;-)
It feels like there's a little too many checkpoints, also not very fond of the trip down to the left around the bus before the lap, this might be because of the barrel lines giving the impression it's a full U-turn though.  Some props up by the drain for guidance would be nice.  Otherwise, it flows well, and I really like this map. It's a yes, but I hope you find a way to improve that one part with the drain.  I can't really pinpoint where the CP issues are because of proximity issues to other CP's and where there's simply redundant CP's as I don't have the map in creator.  I would however encourage you to work further with the grid layout to see if you can make it with fewer CP's.  Well done though, prop usage feels really good for most areas, except those 2 barrel lines I mentioned.

As always these are simply the judges opinions and should be taken as such. 
We have only two judges for this class so votes must be unanimous to be approved. If you feel this put you at a disadvantage feel free to resubmit when we get more judges.

Thanks for all your support.
  • toobsock likes this

StellamonsterUK
  • StellamonsterUK

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:59 PM

This is race I have worked on a fair bit and would like to nominate. .

http://socialclub.ro...sQ?platformId=1

Also just as a one off as I have some free time this weekend and I wouldn't mind the chance to review a few races this weekend. Not sure how much work is required but if someone is willing to tell me how to do a thorougher review I'll give It a go, you never know I may enjoy it and sign up to do more as I'm addicted to GTA races lately.

Cheers Stella.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

This is race I have worked on a fair bit and would like to nominate. .

http://socialclub.ro...sQ?platformId=1

Also just as a one off as I have some free time this weekend and I wouldn't mind the chance to review a few races this weekend. Not sure how much work is required but if someone is willing to tell me how to do a thorougher review I'll give It a go, you never know I may enjoy it and sign up to do more as I'm addicted to GTA races lately.

Cheers Stella.

Thanks for the nomination Stella. As a standard we have required that to be a judge you must have at least one track approved on the list as this would demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills necessary to pass judgement on another creators work based on the standards provided in the first post. So to be a judge your track needs to be reviewed and that is probably going to take longer than just the weekend. Also if you choose to be a judge you will be asked to do the entire class that is nominated at that time and as you can see some classes may get pretty large so do consider that.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 24 March 2014 - 10:23 PM.

We are down to two judges at this time unless Guitarone01 resolves his RL situation. As such judge nominations are being put on hold.

Thank you to the other creators nominating tracks.

PS - I purchased a video capture device last night. Starting next weekend there should be a lot more videos being posted.

3-21-14 Nominated Class:

Rockford Spree - LambentBunny - L(Y) - F(N) - G(Y)

Loop The Lake - twisterrk - L(Y) - F(Y) - G(Y)

Boondock Grand Prix - RTier94 - L(Y) - F(N) - G(Y)

Sandy Shores Compact Club - RTier94 - L(Y) - F(Y) - G(Y)

Judge Nominations that are on hold waiting for more judges.

The Trucker - Fachuro

The Tourist - Fachuro

The Valedictorian - Fachuro

The Academic - Fachuro

The Al-Ahdin - Fachuro

Muck the Fother Muckers - LuapYllier

Just Methed Up -  LuapYllier

Replacement Driver - LuapYllier

diSrUptiVe design - LuapYllier

Daemon Dance - LuapYllier

Dash Delivery - LuapYllier

• LambentBunny likes this

Broughy1322
  • Broughy1322

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

Drag Kings of Los Santos - Broughy1322 N

Nice race. If your still willing to do any editing I would try to do something about the last corner before the finish line. The checkpoint is barely visible on the approach because of the red thing on the corner. This makes it so you can't see the arrows. Also would be a good time to add GTA elements. That one checkpoint for me is killing an otherwise great race. It will get a Yes if that turn is addressed.

Party in Paleto Bay - Broughy1322 Y

Great bike race...Missing GTA elements.

Mall or Nothing - Broughy1322 Y

Perfect...loved it. Missing GTA elements.

Los Santos Grand Prix - Broughy1322 Y

Needs GTA elements. quality race. Only suggestion I have is possibly adjusting the position of the checkpoint on the right turn into the tunnel. Either deeper into the entrace a bit (like quarter way in) or pull it back before the turn a bit. I had to glance at mini map to tell which of the two entrances to take.

Hey there. On page 3 of this thread my races were submitted (not by me haha) and 3 out of the 4 were approved. The main reason for the Drag kings track not being approved has now been fixed so the final checkpoint is much more visible, and GTA elements have been added to all the races (I also took your advice about the checkpoint before the tunnel on LSGP, so thanks for that). Whether you want to add Drag Kings of LS automatically based on the two yes votes you and DrAtomic gave it on the condition that final checkpoint was fixed I don't know, but if you want to add it to the queue I'd be happy with that too. Cheers for your feedback btw, even though I wasn't the one who actually asked for it haha, it has helped refine the tracks :)

I notice you're linking videos - let me know if those are just from guys reviewing all the races of if the videos I've done of my own races could be linked there too. I also have 3 other "variations" of the already approved Los Santos Grand Prix track which I'd like reviewing by you guys, but it seems you guys are pushed for time/resources at the moment so I won't link them yet unless you're happy for me to do so.

Cheers!

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:57 AM

Hey Broughy, nice to see you found us. Yeah if the suggested changes were made and the approval was contingent on those then sure I can list it.

We welcome any videos you have. I have been begging for sources. PM me the links and I will credit you in the OP.

Your more than welcome to nominate any tracks you want us to look at. They will go in the next class.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:04 AM

Tiny class this time  :blink:

Broughy1322
  • Broughy1322

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 01:09 AM Edited by Broughy1322, 22 March 2014 - 01:18 AM.

Hey Broughy, nice to see you found us. Yeah if the suggested changes were made and the approval was contingent on those then sure I can list it.

We welcome any videos you have. I have been begging for sources. PM me the links and I will credit you in the OP.

Your more than welcome to nominate any tracks you want us to look at. They will go in the next class.

Okay cool, cheers :)

EDIT: How do I stop the whole video showing?

EDIT2: Never mind. Idiot here didn't realise you said "PM me the links".

The three new tracks

Los Santos GP Inner Loop (Supers) - http://rsg.ms/1h40Lxh

Los Santos GP Outer Loop (Supers) - http://rsg.ms/1h40PgF

Los Santos GP Drag Strip (Supers) - http://rsg.ms/1h40RoL

All based on the main Los Santos Grand Prix circuit

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:49 AM

I also have 3 other "variations" of the already approved Los Santos Grand Prix track which I'd like reviewing by you guys, but it seems you guys are pushed for time/resources at the moment so I won't link them yet unless you're happy for me to do so.

Cheers!

If you just want the review and you're not looking to get it approved atm, you can just add me in game and I could go through it with you sometime ;-)  Md Oz E on XBL.

Just noticed a few things that appear wrong with my tracks on the list in the OP:

- Midtown Madness had a name change to Midtown Mayhem to avoid copyright issues. (R* been taking down tracks unannounced)

- The Doctor is a Sports Classics race, not Sports.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:47 PM

Updated that for you. Also added a few videos to Broughy's tracks.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:20 PM

Wow just played Magic Mountain and Damn this is tricky I don't think you could make any better races

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

I have also updated with new playlists available on my social page. Almost every current race on the list is covered by a playlist. Unfortunately we have an arbitrary pointless limit of 15 playlists...and I just hit my head on it.

Broughy1322
  • Broughy1322

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 03:09 PM

I also have 3 other "variations" of the already approved Los Santos Grand Prix track which I'd like reviewing by you guys, but it seems you guys are pushed for time/resources at the moment so I won't link them yet unless you're happy for me to do so.

Cheers!

If you just want the review and you're not looking to get it approved atm, you can just add me in game and I could go through it with you sometime ;-)  Md Oz E on XBL.

Hey man, cheers. I'm actually more in favour of getting them approved rather than just reviewed (a lot of the checkpoints are actually similar to the already approved main circuit) but I'm in no rush at all, so it's all good :)

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hey Luap Freddie Gibbs is racing on your coupe track right now :p 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 10:07 PM

Who?

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Freddie Gibbs the rapper they had a live stream crew vs crew. your race was in the playlist. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

Cool I guess...how did they do?

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 March 2014 - 12:07 AM

Cool I guess...how did they do?

Rockstar devs came 1st on that track just thought it was nice to see peoples creations being played by everyone and anyone. 

deejayb1874
  • deejayb1874

Bolt Ya Radge!

• D1RTY12
  • Scotland

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Unfortunately we have an arbitrary pointless limit of 15 playlists...and I just hit my head on it.

You Xbox guys are lucky then. I think us PS3 guys are limited to 10 playlists. Such a useless number.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Luap you should be like holy crap i dont know who that celibrity is but cool as hell.  Lucky bastard you! I wish i could have a celebrity and a dev team race my track....well as long as it doesnt mean i have to get it remade by amateurs to make it verified. Anyways CONGRATS Luap.  Also is there a youtube link for any of these races yet.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

http://www.twitch.tv...mes/b/513400876

Skip to 2.20 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

Skip to 2.20 

Adobe Flash not supported on my phone...is there another version of the vid?

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:42 PM

Skip to 2.20 

Adobe Flash not supported on my phone...is there another version of the vid?

Sadly it's only on twitch 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Luap you should be like holy crap i dont know who that celibrity is but cool as hell.  Lucky bastard you! I wish i could have a celebrity and a dev team race my track....well as long as it doesnt mean i have to get it remade by amateurs to make it verified. Anyways CONGRATS Luap.  Also is there a youtube link for any of these races yet.

So apparently this guy did a lot of the tracks on the in game radio and that is his connection to the devs...but frankly jeff, I couldn't give two sh*ts about a celebrity racing my track. Hell it isnt even my track, I don't get any of those votes or plays...it is just another rockstar track made to look like mine. I am sure he isnt the only celeb that plays gta either.

Just imagine how many times you might have shot someone famous in the face and don't even know it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users