Photo

[XBOX] Approved Custom Races

1,973 replies to this topic
GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:44 AM Edited by GR Choke, 02 March 2014 - 08:51 AM.

My races

Off road racing http://socialclub.ro...hA?platformId=1

short circuit http://socialclub.ro...Hw?platformId=1

I have made short cuts that are hard to pull off in off road racing, basically its a gamble

Short circuit - secret way to go instead of doing the jump

RDT33
  • RDT33

That Guy from that Thing

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I made this track last night so I haven't tested it as much in public lobbies.  If there is already a track that has been either nominated or approved like this one then I am worry.  But this might be my favorite track yet.  It's somewhat technical, somewhat novel, and (I think) it's fun.

'Out of the Dark'

http://rsg.ms/OPMYUX

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 05:19 PM

My races

Off road racing http://socialclub.ro...hA?platformId=1

short circuit http://socialclub.ro...Hw?platformId=1

I have made short cuts that are hard to pull off in off road racing, basically its a gamble

Short circuit - secret way to go instead of doing the jump

Let's wait and see what the other judges have to say. My vote is in no way the deciding factor. I went with my gut and I am not trying to be offensive. 

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:59 PM Edited by GR Choke, 03 March 2014 - 12:00 AM.

I like to offer people 2 ways to go during my races

Shortcut - hard to do
Long way - easy to do

Do you understand and are my races still get a NO from you?

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:35 AM Edited by GTARACER93, 03 March 2014 - 12:35 AM.

Any good races from the list people want to recommend? 

Want to put the Turismo through it's paces. 

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:23 AM

@GR Choke
I'm not a judge just wanted to check out what all the hype was about. I raced with no radar. I raced both off road racing and short circuit and I have to agree with Luaps review and vote. This would be a good gta race with friends that know the track. For randoms they will feel like they have been cheated if they lose. As I said before I am not a judge.

guitarone01
  • guitarone01

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:48 AM

I have noticed that some of these maps (at least 4) have been updated since Laup’s reviews were posted. Laup has posted several times to refrain from updating your map until after all reviews are posted. This will insure that all judges review the same layout. Just because the first judge to post their review has a concern with something does not mean the others will. In fact, they might just end up having a concern with what you “fixed”.  I started on my reviews before Laup’s review post and finished up a few hours ago. That said, my reviews are below but some comments may not apply if you updated your map after I ran it.

Spectator Sport - LuapYllier – Resubmitted - Y

• Settings - Title and description work together and ties to race. Vehicle limits – Good. Defaults – Good (4 laps, Sports, Night/Clear, Traffic off). GTA – Provided and well placed.
  • Checkpoints - Solid use. Easy to follow.
  • Props - Only 1 prop used. Well placed. Most will not even notice, but serves a purpose.
  • Comments - Good all level racing track with great replay value.

Getting the Run Around - LuapYllier – Resubmitted - Y

• Settings - Title and description good. Prepares player for the tense “run around” town. Vehicle limits – Limited properly for jumps. Defaults – Good (2 laps, Sports, Night/Clear, Traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Solid. Easy to follow
  • Props - Well placed. No issues
  • Comments - Another great track. Not overly challenging but not a mash the gas and go either (brakes required).

Wasted Potential - LuapYllier – Resubmitted – Y

• Settings - Title and description work together and tie into race well. Vehicle limits – Good. Defaults –  Good (1 Lap, Supers, Morning/Clear, Traffic off). GTA – Available
  • Checkpoints - Well placed, easy to follow
  • Props - Well placed. Good directional aiding.
  • Comments - Another update done right. Great job updating your three maps for resubmitting.

Mirror Park Momentum - bawbag76 - Y

• Settings - Title works. Needs description. Vehicle limits – OK. Defaults – Good (2 laps, Supers, Noon/clear, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Well placed. Easy to follow
  • Props - Well placed. No corner cutting on this one.
  • Comments - Great race layout with good replay value. First I’ve seen with this much corner cutting restriction but nicely done.

The Bay to The Shore - Jsakanee – Resubmitted - N

• Settings - Good title. Short description. Vehicle limits – OK but see prop notes. Defaults – Good but see prop notes (P2P, Super, current/current, traffic on). GTA – Available.  
  • Checkpoints - Much better than first review. I think you were offering a path option at CP52, but as 53 is not visible it can cause some confusion on which path to take. Nice finish point location.
  • Props - I believe you added the ramps at CP23 for a path option. However I recommend their removal. They are unlevel due to the ground and the turn before makes them hard to hit straight. Using slower vehicle classes enhance the difficulty of using the ramps also. The blue barrier props are not needed. With traffic on, they create roadblocks causing traffic to back up into the racing path. The only props that you really need are the final ramps.
  • Comments - Overall good race but suffers from unneeded prop usage and some CP concerns.

Off Road Racing – GRChoke - N

• Settings - Title OK. Description simple. Vehicle limits – An offroad race without offroad class option? Defaults – Odd, but follow description. (P2P, Sports, night/raining, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Large gaps in CP placement due to several path choices. Creator aids with directional signs. Course is relatively easy to follow but does require an occasional glance at the mini-map.
  • Props - The ramp between CP11-12 is slightly hidden. Those who are lucky enough to see it gain a huge advantage as the alternate route is much longer. There are also two arrow signs in front of the ramp that hinder the ability to use it. The ramp between CP16-17 is also a concern as it is slightly hidden and requires a perfect hit to make it to the other side. First time racers will pass both of these shortcuts by, thereby possibly insuring a win for those familiar with the course.
  • Comments - Descent route with multiple path options. Can be very frustrating to run with current defaults. In its current state I would not consider this a racing track as it leans more towards luck than skill. Luck of seeing and effectively using the shortcuts, luck of not getting pushed off the course by another just trying to stay on course, etc.

Short Circuit – GRChoke - N

• Settings - Title fits. Description short. Vehicle limits – All available. Some slower vehicles may have difficulty due to jumps. Defaults – OK (1 lap, Sports, Night/current, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - CP2 points directly into small barrier. Large gap between 19-20.
  • Props - Course contains a lot of unnecessary props. Ramps at CP18 an issue as a new racer will not know how to take them. If hit correctly(?) you will find yourself headfirst into the dividing barrier. It is also relatively easy to overshoot the intended path, thus resulting in a need to respawn or a frustrating attempt of trying to reach the next CP.
  • Comments - As with the creator’s other entry, only players with significant knowledge of the layout will be able to race this course as it is and hold any chance of winning. Luck plays a large role in this one as well.

COMBO #3 - DeffJeff2k14 - N

• Settings - Title works. Description is good. Vehicle limits – Good, but long ride on a bicycle? Defaults – Good (1 lap, Super, morning/clear, traffic off). GTA – Vehicle health only (follows description, cool idea)
  • Checkpoints - Some adjustment needed. I suggest adding CPs between the 3-4, 15-16, 31-32, 33-34 and 35-36. CPs 31-36 may be adjusted to avoid placing additional CPs as I see you don’t have much left to work with. I believe 9 can be deleted.
  • Props - Good usage. No suggestions
  • Comments - With the right CP adjustments, this will make for a good racing course. I like the “pit stop” idea. Something new.

turn by turn - DeffJeff2k14 - Y

• Settings - Title works (Could we get a capital T?). Description short but describes course. Vehicle limits – OK. Defaults – OK (1 lap, Super, current/current, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Great placement. Easy follow
  • Props - Plenty of them. Placed well.
  • Comments - Fun little dock race. Throttle skill a must have. I would suggest Sports default.

R U Da Man??? - DeffJeff2k14 - Resubmitted (ACTION MAN) - Y

• Settings - Title works. Description lengthy but gives you an idea what to expect. Vehicle limits – OK. Defaults – OK (1 lap, Super, morning/clear, traffic off). GTA – Provided. Very effective use of elements to aid in CP gaps.
  • Checkpoints - Large gaps in areas to allow path choices. This works due to GTA element placement. Standard race offers some confusion but course is still easily followed. I would pull 19 back up the hill some. It is somewhat hidden behind hedges from 18. A respawn at 31 will place you on top of the center barrier.
  • Props - Placement good. No issues.
  • Comments - Awesomely fun track. Great use of path options. On the fence about the CP gaps though I had no issue following. Possibly due to similarity to one of my races. However, if you find yourself respawning, you will be some distance behind due to the CP gaps. Borderline yes.

Tour De Los Santos - LambentBunny – Resubmitted -Y

• Settings - Title good. Great description. Vehicle limits – Good. Defaults – Good (PTP, Super, night/clear, traffic off). GTA – Provided
  • Checkpoints - Solid
  • Props - None
  • Comments - Great job on this one. Excellent job polishing for resubmitting. Awesome path choice. This one should be verified (As long as R* doesn’t change a thing!)

Getaway Drivers – Jsakanee - N

• Settings - Title works. Description works. Vehicle limits – OK. Defaults – OK (PTP, Sports, noon/current, traffic/wanted levels on). GTA – Provided
  • Checkpoints - Max CPs used. Several adjustments needed, mainly in curves. I would look at CP in straights and lengthen distance between. This may gain you a few to use in turns. Respawn at each CP and you should be able to see the next CP or it should at least come into view quickly without altering your path.
  • Props - Works, but most are not needed.
  • Comments - Solid route. With checkpoint adjustments this should be fine.

The Blazers - Golf Course – thesqman - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – Blazer only. Defaults – Good (2 laps, Blazer, current/current, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - CP12 gives you the impression you can jump the water before it. This happens again at 19 with the fountain. Suggest adjustments.
  • Props - Works. Alignment of ramps off due to surface. Does not really affect race tho.
  • Comments - Good little 4-wheeler race around the golf course. Would like to see CP adjustments to confirm my vote.

The Blazers - Horse Track – thesqman - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – Blazer only. Defaults – Good (2 laps, Blazer only, current/current/traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Good. Easily followed
  • Props - Good. Great job on ramp placement.
  • Comments - Ran this map with 5 others and half of us were outside the rails on the first lap. Very easy with larger lobbies and bumping on ramps to happen. While you can complete outside of the intended course, I would suggest a ramp or two to allow access back to the main race path.

The Blazers - Parking 1A – thesqman - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – Blazer only. Defaults – Good (3 laps, Blazer only, current/current, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Good, no issues
  • Props - Prop usage great.
  • Comments - IMO this is the best of your three submissions. Great path choice for vehicle. CP and prop usage is good. Fun little race.

Short Circuit IV – thesqman - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – Good. Defaults – Good (3laps, Super, current/clear, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Solid, no concerns
  • Props - Good. The ramps after CP2 are uneven. All other props are well placed.
  • Comments - Simple, but well laid course. Everything works well. Good job

Speed Racers – thesqman - N

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – good. Defaults – Good (PTP, Super, noon/current, traffic on). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Good but seem a bit stretched in places
  • Props - I would suggest removal of most/all props from this map. Several of the props stop traffic (by default on) which leads to stopped vehicles blocking the racing path. This is more of an issue for the back half of larger fields. CPs do a good job of directing flow, no need to block off exits.
  • Comments - Main thing hurting this map is the unnecessary prop usage. With that fixed and a few CP tweaks I can approve.

Speed Racers 3 – thesqman - Y

• Settings - Title works. Description short but works. Vehicle limits – OK. Defaults – OK (1 lap, Super, current/current/traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Great usage. No issues
  • Props - Good. I would suggest a barrier prop to close gap in freeway barrier at CP15, just as you did at CP5.
  • Comments - Simple, straight forward freeway race. Slip-stream usage heavy factor in outcome of this one.

Cracked Roads - RTier94 - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – Good. Defaults – Good (2 laps, Muscle, current/current, traffic off). GTA – Provided
  • Checkpoints - Solid, No concerns
  • Props - Good. Not sure the sign props at CP4 are needed. Could possibly get in the way more than they help.
  • Comments - Good solid path for default vehicle class. Other than my comments on the sign props, this one’s good to go.

Ridin' Dirty (PTP) – HopalongCasidy - Y

• Settings - Title and description good. Vehicle limits – Good, Sanchez only. Defaults – Good (PTP, Sanchez only, current/current, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Solid, no concerns
  • Props - OK. One small concern with the small ramp at CP43. It tends to launch the racer into the scaffolding just after. May want to replace with another large ramp?
  • Comments - Solid dirt bike race. Not much wrong with this one. Good CP usage in the track section.

Ridin' Dirty (laps) – HopalongCasidy - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – Good, Sanchez only. Defaults – Good (2laps, Sanchez only, current/current, traffic off). GTA – N/A
  • Checkpoints - Good, easy to follow
  • Props - Usage good
  • Comments - Another solid dirt bike race. I could not find any issues with this unless I started nitpicking. Good job.

interstate death race – HopalongCasidy - Y

• Settings - Title and description work. Vehicle limits – OK. Defaults – OK (1 lap, Super, current/current, traffic off). GTA – Elements plentiful. I would suggest a bit more spacing. In some areas they are grouped together closely with a CP directly behind. This can basically blind the player to what’s on the other side. This is most notable around CP12. The following turn is hidden behind the GTA elements and CP combination. It is also possible to grab health and the nearby boost or weapon at the same time if they are close enough together. This offers an advantage to the leader. These concerns are not deal breakers, just something to think about.
  • Checkpoints - Good, easy to follow
  • Props - Good, No issues
  • Comments - Other than my GTA comments above, I see no other issues with the layout. Good GTA layout.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:02 AM Edited by GR Choke, 03 March 2014 - 05:03 AM.

Basically you lot just like races that offer 1 way round a map and hate jumps

there nothing wrong with them

It takes skill to land the jumps you lot just havent got that

You are just boring

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:22 AM

GR Choke were not trying to say that we hate 1 way maps or hate jumps. Its just that playing a race with no radar makes it really difficult to use let alone land any of the ramps that you have. If a host raced your map on default settings there will be a lot of trouble but on afternoon/clear it would be better. The map is geared toward players that have raced it before and you being the main person thats raced it youll be winning a mojority of the races from shortcuts that are hidden. The race should give everyone a fair shot at 1st place. I understand that some players wont win races because of skill but even i had a really hard time with your races. If you removed the ramps and found another way to do multiple routes it would make the race better....IMO. GR Choke try my race out real quick if you want i can race it with you and give you a race that got a borderline yes vote twice. The first version was alright and now the second version is better. Race with me and you can see the little things i did to help the new comers find and hit ramps and shortcuts.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

@ guitarone01

thanks for the solid descriptive review on what you liked and disliked. 

R U Da Man- I never saw that spawn problem happening thanks for finding that. I need more detailed feedback on CP19 cause i feel this one cause use some improvment so do you mean you want me to delete the one in the middle of the road (CP 19) or keep CP19 and move CP 20 further down the road?

COMBO#3- Now that i have heard pretty much the same thing from 2 of the 3 judges ill fix it.......thats actually a lie i have a new version coming out called Combo #2 and yes thats the way a i spelled it(the right way) i wanted to spell it like CoMbOOOO #TWOOO  but ya you guys dont like that lol. So ya i revamped the map again because some of the things i need to fix would involve almost revamping the map so ya Combo #2 is getting tested know.

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:58 AM Edited by GR Choke, 03 March 2014 - 06:03 AM.

Nah im done with this thread but let me ask you 2 questions

Why are you playing it with no radar?

What makes these people so special to judge races?

Also My reasons for everything is on page 10 or 11, its the long post

The only thing i can agree on is on short circuit i need to change checkpoint 2 and add 1 between 19-20 i think

guitarone01
  • guitarone01

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:17 AM Edited by guitarone01, 03 March 2014 - 06:18 AM.

R U Da Man- I never saw that spawn problem happening thanks for finding that. I need more detailed feedback on CP19 cause i feel this one cause use some improvment so do you mean you want me to delete the one in the middle of the road (CP 19) or keep CP19 and move CP 20 further down the road?

I ran into that spawn issue in one of my first maps. Was doing the same as you and trying to open both sides of the freeway. There was a race in the last group that had the same problem. You can get off the barrier but lose some time doing it.On CP 19 ... Look at it starting at 17 ... The path at which 19 is placed is not clearly seen due to the tennis court to your right while your focus is on 18. Then 18 points you to turn right but when you hit it, you don't see 19 behind the hedges. So, you commit to taking a full right down the wide street and then you catch view of 19. Then you jerk left to go in that direction upsetting your car in the process. Just think that if 19 was pulled back to the top of the hedges it would help newcommers. I will need to go back and check, but pulling 18 back a bit may help also. Or a combination of both. Hope this helps clarify.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:22 AM

I ran into that spawn issue in one of my first maps. Was doing the same as you and trying to open both sides of the freeway. There was a race in the last group that had the same problem. You can get off the barrier but lose some time doing it.On CP 19 ... Look at it starting at 17 ... The path at which 19 is placed is not clearly seen due to the tennis court to your right while your focus is on 18. Then 18 points you to turn right but when you hit it, you don't see 19 behind the hedges. So, you commit to taking a full right down the wide street and then you catch view of 19. Then you jerk left to go in that direction upsetting your car in the process. Just think that if 19 was pulled back to the top of the hedges it would help newcommers. I will need to go back and check, but pulling 18 back a bit may help also. Or a combination of both. Hope this helps clarify.

no need to check that was a perfect description of what i need to do and just to let you know i thought of doing this but decided not to cause i thought that would be to cluster of CP. Will fix though

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:08 AM

The only thing i can agree on is on short circuit i need to change checkpoint 2 and add 1 between 19-20 i think

I play with no radar to see if i can go CP to CP without getting lost. Its also nice to test my skills of racing without having to look at a map all the time.  Sometimes i play with it on but most of the time i play with it off.

As for the special judges i have no part in that anymore but just their some GTA racers that can make maps and win races that started a thread to find other maps to race and give a review and hints to help out other maps.  I dont think the role of judge is all that special i was a judge for a few weeks just by asking to be a judge same for the guy that came in after me. 

The review of your map is true. If i played the race and lost cause another racer(epically the host) knew about some type of secret shortcut i would feel that i got cheated but if you fixed the ramps by pulling them away from trees and maybe placing bright eye catching objects so everyone can see them coming at high speed, make sports/off-road since its a full on dirt race, change the time/weather from night/raining to morning/raining and i believe that your map would be a whole lot better cause its less confusing!

These are just my opinions on how i feel when i raced your map. Of course you dont have to listen to anything i have said but its just positive criticism to help your map get verified

NegSpec13
  • NegSpec13

Petrolhead

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hi, for consideration, here are a couple of my races. I don't think there are any GTA elements in them if I remember correctly.

http://socialclub.ro...5g?platformId=1

http://socialclub.ro...0Q?platformId=1

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:21 PM

You are just boring

We have several races in this approved list which have both path choices and multiple ramps.
I had no problem making your jumps once I knew they were there and had a couple runs through to find the right aproach. No one is saying your track does not work or that it could not be completed. We all have the skills necessary to complete your track. What you are failing to do is comprehend the purpose of this thread. We are searching for tracks that can be raced with a group of experienced racing friends who have never seen it and feel fairly comfortable that no one will DNF because of poor construction or just bad design. I also enjoy and even create many other types of tracks that do not suit these purposes and thus will not be listed.

DeffJeff I think is taking something I said a little more literally than I meant it. When I run without radar I just mean that I don't look at it. I feel that a race should be laid out well enough that the driver should have all the information he needs to properly complete the race right in front of him out the window. If I have to look at my mini map to figure out where I am going than I suggest some improvements to correct that issue.

My qualifications (not that I need to justify myself)
2827 races under my belt.
Over 69 hours of racing.
35 published races.
19 races approved by this community.
Commissioner of a racing crew which has over 160 members and was voted best up and coming crew.
Almost 6 million rp earned under that crew tag.
Respected as a racer by many individuals.

I spend a lot of time racing. I race a lot of different style tracks. Many of which will never make this list. I spent 20 minutes last night on a stairway to heaven race, was fun. I spent a half hour on a very difficult but enjoyable BMX trial. Was a blast. I see a lot of motorcycle races on your impressive 75 strong creation page that I plan to try out because they look interesting and challenging. I also joined a race last night that someone who has posted in this thread made...I had never seen the race before and it was just me and the creator. I wont say any names because I am not trying to embarass him but I made him DNF on his own track. It was a well made race, lots of technical turns and alleys. If anyone questions my abilities I will be glad to join you any time.

The point I am trying to make is that a lot of races do not fit the criteria we set out for this thread. There are other threads that are better suited for other race types. If you submit a race here we are going to judge it based on the guidelines outlined in the original post. If we make comments (especially all making similar comments) on your track and you want to be listed here you have to take the criticism constructively as so many others including myself have done. If you arent willing to take criticism or suggestions I am not sure why your here.
  • deejayb1874 likes this

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:39 PM

You are just boring

We have several races in this approved list which have both path choices and multiple ramps.
I had no problem making your jumps once I knew they were there and had a couple runs through to find the right aproach. No one is saying your track does not work or that it could not be completed. We all have the skills necessary to complete your track. What you are failing to do is comprehend the purpose of this thread. We are searching for tracks that can be raced with a group of experienced racing friends who have never seen it and feel fairly comfortable that no one will DNF because of poor construction or just bad design. I also enjoy and even create many other types of tracks that do not suit these purposes and thus will not be listed.

DeffJeff I think is taking something I said a little more literally than I meant it. When I run without radar I just mean that I don't look at it. I feel that a race should be laid out well enough that the driver should have all the information he needs to properly complete the race right in front of him out the window. If I have to look at my mini map to figure out where I am going than I suggest some improvements to correct that issue.

Holy cow LY i thought you were literally racing with no mini map.  Racing without a mini map is harder but more fun to test the skills

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

I dont need to turn it off for it to not be used. Unfortunately it is a necessary thing to have for some of these submissions or you might get lost.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

You are just boring

My qualifications (not that I need to justify myself)
2827 races under my belt.
Over 69 hours of racing.
35 published races.
19 races approved by this community.
Commissioner of a racing crew which has over 160 members and was voted best up and coming crew.
Almost 6 million rp earned under that crew tag.
Respected as a racer by many individuals.

I spend a lot of time racing. I race a lot of different style tracks. Many of which will never make this list. I spent 20 minutes last night on a stairway to heaven race, was fun. I spent a half hour on a very difficult but enjoyable BMX trial. Was a blast. I see a lot of motorcycle races on your impressive 75 strong creation page that I plan to try out because they look interesting and challenging. I also joined a race last night that someone who has posted in this thread made...I had never seen the race before and it was just me and the creator. I wont say any names because I am not trying to embarass him but I made him DNF on his own track. It was a well made race, lots of technical turns and alleys. If anyone questions my abilities I will be glad to join you any time.

The point I am trying to make is that a lot of races do not fit the criteria we set out for this thread. There are other threads that are better suited for other race types. If you submit a race here we are going to judge it based on the guidelines outlined in the original post. If we make comments (especially all making similar comments) on your track and you want to be listed here you have to take the criticism constructively as so many others including myself have done. If you arent willing to take criticism or suggestions I am not sure why your here.

Yeah, that DNF was kinda embarassing :p  To my defense I had alot of bad luck with the traffic :p I got my revenge in the BMX Trials tho, mwahahahah ;-)  Luap is a strong racer, I disagree with him on certain points for some of my submissions here but I would still value his advice if I were you, if your races aren't up to the style of races preferred in this thread that doesn't mean they are no good though, it's possible to agree to disagree, and Luap from my experience always agrees to disagree.  This is however his thread, and you should respect that.  If you don't think he'll enjoy the race, just don't submit it here.

I would advice you to rename the thread to Luap's Approved Races though just to avoid future confusion, and clarify that this regards races on YOUR criterias :p

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

They aren't my criteria though. It is a general consensus of the judges, the people I race with and even the Rockstar official creator tips I posted a couple pages back. You don't see Rockstar making gymkhana or trials or puzzle races. That does not mean they are not valid. However, for people who want to race content that extends the content list of thegeneral Rockstar races...this will be a good source.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:13 PM Edited by Fachuro, 03 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

They aren't my criteria though. It is a general consensus of the judges, the people I race with and even the Rockstar official creator tips I posted a couple pages back. You don't see Rockstar making gymkhana or trials or puzzle races. That does not mean they are not valid. However, for people who want to race content that extends the content list of thegeneral Rockstar races...this will be a good source.

Yeah, but you have to agree these criteria still aren't identical to that of Rockstar or necessarily the major consensus.  Most of it is very similar, granted, but as you yourself so often say, this thread represents your judgement of the track (and the other judges), by changing the title of the thread the respect for your judgement is still upheld by the community, so we will still seek to this thread in a similar fashion that we have so far.  But it's going to be easier to avoid misunderstandings with pissed off people like the guy above, as you will command slightly more authority when the final decision is made.  It doesn't change how you work though, and we all know that.  I'm just saying this so as to make the thread not always fill up with long arguments about who's wrong and who's right :p

More on topic:

I'm probably not seeing you online today, but I've got a race I'm pretty sure you'd enjoy which I'd also love to hear your feedback and compare to my own observations when playing with others. However, I'm not submitting it just yet, so I would want to nominate it, just get some feedback and see how it can be improved.  I think it would be right down your alley with compacts and all. ;-)  Pun intended.

Anyways, there's a few sections I'm slightly uncertain of and if you have feedback on how to improve those, that would be appreciated in particular.

Midtown Madness

http://rsg.ms/OUkOrJ

1_0.jpg

I forgot to turn off traffic in creator, this will be fixed, but for now I'd advice turning it off :p

I made it available for all compacts, but personally I prefer the Issi as to honour the original game with its mini-coopers ;)

In the parking garage I ran into the classic problem of checkpoints interferring at different levels, which made the ascent harder to mark.  Some checkpoints might therefor appear a little out of place, it's important to remember then that the range of the checkpoint is much greater and can be hit from further out then the yellow ring.

Other then that I have a small list off issues I want to address the next time I'm online, but I'm eager to hear your notes first and what suggestions you have on any issues you encounter, as my imagination on how to solve the problems I personally find is drawing a blank atm, however, I'm certain I can find good solutions on those issues which is why I want feedback, especially from you :p  Once I have the race running as smooth as I want to, and have also fixed any issues you encounter I'll probably submit it.

thesqman
  • thesqman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:04 PM Edited by thesqman, 03 March 2014 - 11:06 PM.

Ok, here are my corrections:

The Blazers - Golf Course - fixed ckpt #12, moved ckpt #17 as to jump bunker, fixed ckpt #19, added tire lines to make track layout easy to follow like/dislike?

The Blazers - Parking 1A - changed ckpts 11,12, & 13 by making it a straight line with 2 ramps added to jump over barrier. hope this helps.

I'm going to figure something out with The Blazers - Horse Track just don't know what yet.

Also I will look at the Speed Racers later.

2 New Races:

Short Circuit V - Lap race at the docks featuring 1 long straight followed by 5 U-turns.

The Electric Universe - Short not too hard made lap race made specifically for the Voltic electric cars. Voltic is the only supercar. All compacts, superbikes, and sports cars allowed.

At some point I will add gta elements to most of these races. Just been busy lately.

P.S. - Just want to say thanks to the judges for taking the time to test and give feedback on races. Keep up the great work guys.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:11 AM Edited by LuapYllier, 04 March 2014 - 12:22 AM.

I am going to implement a change in the way we post our votes for the next class. We are having an issue with creators really being on the ball and hustling to make changes based on our feedback. This on its own is awesome as our goals here are not to tell you how bad your track is but to help you make it better and more enjoyable for many others. However, when it is done before all of the judges have completed their reviews it can result in some confusion on the comments and vote results.

I also made some changes in the wording of the original post for anyone interested.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:49 AM

Hi thanks for the comments on my race. Question do you think it would be better with only 8 players? 

It's hard to understand what is best with other players as they tend to never use their brakes.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

@ LuapYllier

So for drift races do you mean races like mine turn by turn or like heavy drifting

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:34 AM

Hi thanks for the comments on my race. Question do you think it would be better with only 8 players? 

It's hard to understand what is best with other players as they tend to never use their brakes.

I think it was fine the way it is.

@ LuapYllier

So for drift races do you mean races like mine turn by turn or like heavy drifting

That drift thread was the closest thing to Gymkhana type stuff I could find for the Xbox side. Drifting like yours are like the Dockyard Rockstar race. That is fine. It is the ones where you have to thread your way through obstacles with no checkpoints until the other side I am talking about.

IckyDoodyPoopoo
  • IckyDoodyPoopoo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I'd like to nominate my babies:

http://socialclub.ro...JQ?platformId=1 Downtown Diamond
http://socialclub.ro...-g?platformId=1 Makin' It Silky Smooth
http://socialclub.ro...FQ?platformId=1 All About The Apex
http://socialclub.ro...fw?platformId=1 Hot Lappers Unite!
http://socialclub.ro...Ww?platformId=1 Hot Laps
http://socialclub.ro...Hg?platformId=1 Turns Turns Turns
http://socialclub.ro...Dg?platformId=1 All Snaked Out
http://socialclub.ro...GA?platformId=1 Break Out The Brakes
http://socialclub.ro...Sg?platformId=1 Los Santos GP
http://socialclub.ro...sw?platformId=1 Downtown To LSC Short
http://socialclub.ro...QQ?platformId=1 Ew You Stepped In Dooody

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

wow that a whole lot of nominations Icky

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

They look good from the map view. Will get them in the next class. Still waiting to hear from Beast on this one...and not sure if Dr will be chiming in on the current class.

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:03 AM

So many great races from that list the bookmarked tab is getting too big. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users