Photo

"R* verified" candidates - Put your most valuable content

35 replies to this topic
PixelPusher
  • PixelPusher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:36 PM

First of all - I have to say thank you, moderators, for creating this submenu - absolutely great idea!

And here is another - having read the reactions of the community on that first R* verified jobs and having quite strong opinion of my own - what if we make a thread with races / deathmatches that should be "R* Verified"?

By that I mean - jobs that are already tested by you and your friends, that you've bookmarked and probably recommended and could be considered little masterpieces. I can only speak about races right now - haven't created any deathmatch yet, but in races - there are some important elements (besides FUN, of course, which rules) that have to be considered. Such as:

• challenging however drivable and enjoyable tracks with reasonable total distance
  • clearly intuitive and reasonable check point position (so you know exactly where you have to go, instead of feeling lost in a maze)
  • the route playable and tested for ALL the cars/bikes available (I mean, FE test if a non-custom lower class coupe can get through your amazing race, there're tastes for every car, so don't let ppl down if their car just cannot make it through bcs of the narrow passages or impossible jumps. If half of the cars in that category cannot make it - just get rid of that class and don't waste other players time)
  • ramp positioned neatly without any gaps or rubbish in front of it (so if you put it for bikes as well - test it well before releasing)
  • description is clear, witty and relevant (not just 2 words or even nothing at all)
  • those races that make you eager to play it again and again

I'm absolutely sure there is plenty of content of the kind, and I've stumbled upon some really nice examples myself by accident. However most of the time it is impossible to find it thanks to the massive amount of number of plays of the "JumpsJumpsJumps" or "xx-Infinite RP xx !!!!" c**p being positioned in first ...hmm, 15 pages?

SC page search system has a lot to be improved, right now I see it very deficient as it is, hopefully they can make it better as well sometime.

So why should they be verified? Because in that case more ppl can actually play and enjoy the game! Everything included in them ( stunt jumps, tight corners, overtakes, etc.) will have all the RP system attached and all that "Max health" and "Stunt cameras" functioning as in R* created content, with leader-boards, cross-platform access etc.

If we have so much unexplored content - GTA Online will never be dull! The map is so immense that I'm sure even though the online is up for only several months - there are plenty of things yet to be discovered. Right now I see it a bit overlooked and underestimated, really.

I will be posting content which I think is absolutely great (no self promotion) as soon as I can get some nice pictures of them ready.

Thanks for all and apologies for a wall of text.

• mikezilla2 and deffjeff87 like this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Why arent you simply joining in on this thread: http://gtaforums.com...races-playlist/ in which we are trying to do exactly the same?
  • PixelPusher likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

OP heres a vid of mine Dam Busters

PixelPusher
  • PixelPusher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by PixelPusher, 22 January 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Why arent you simply joining in on this thread: http://gtaforums.com...races-playlist/ in which we are trying to do exactly the same?

Yep, great thread, what I think is - maybe the ones that are tested and win most likes - can be recommended for R* verified?

BTW, I'm not on Xbox, so I guess PS3 needs a copy of that.

The idea of verified content - is that it can be played on both systems

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:57 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 22 January 2014 - 02:59 PM.

Hey Paul,

Here's my unsalted opinion (worthless too!!),
1). Going through the container, players are going to hate that as with multiple persons battling for position it's lame to be taken out by being pushed to the side of the entrance.
2). Did you test the water section below with all bikes and also without speed and if it's still makeable after having respawned? I say this because I've played some races that go through the exact same section and they struggled big time if you failed on your first attempt.
3). Not a big fan of going against the traffic myself, but heh, that personal taste.
4). Overall I'd say that looks like a fun point to point track.

Cheers

Yep, great thread, what I think is - maybe the ones that are tested and win most likes - can be recommended for R* verified?

BTW, I'm not on Xbox, so I guess PS3 needs a copy of that.

The idea of verified content - is that it can be played on both systems

Ah the good old cross platform issue, it's a bit wierd that jobs cant be played cross platform isnt it (would say the data set would be the same on both platforms). Mind if I copy your recommedations guidelines into the other thread?

PixelPusher
  • PixelPusher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:08 PM

DrAtomic I don't mind - if you put a link to my thread as well and give me the credit (of my thread) mate

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

While I appreciate the effort of both your threads to boil the good stuff to the top of the pile, Rockstar's method of verifying isn't going to change and the only stuff that makes it are the vote farming, youtube pushing, good for quick rp and wins tracks. I think racers who prefer quality tracks are in the minority.
  • Mar7in likes this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

DrAtomic I don't mind - if you put a link to my thread as well and give me the credit (of my thread) mate

Even better, linked your thread at the top of it!

While I appreciate the effort of both your threads to boil the good stuff to the top of the pile, Rockstar's method of verifying isn't going to change and the only stuff that makes it are the vote farming, youtube pushing, good for quick rp and wins tracks. I think racers who prefer quality tracks are in the minority.

It's so frustrating to find quality content though, it must be out there, there must be real gems, I just know it, but they are nearly impossible to find. The whole vote farming system frustrates the process rather then helping it and Rockstar seems to be onboard with it sadly... :/

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:53 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 22 January 2014 - 08:58 PM.

Thank you Dr Atomic really appreciate the feedback props to lpgtao for vid
the track is best with bikes or off road IMO containers there just to split people each side of it no-one tries to go through it really , i always try to though mainly crash but did it one time while a friend was slipstreaming he didnt make it so could be a tactic if your brave! :)
The water! It rises and falls unrelated to the time of day a true mystery. Spent alot of time adjusting the ramps you will make it every time its the ramps and bike combo, sometimes its fine sometimes you have to wheelie slightly.But i notice it happens on the R* maps as especially the one with the dirtbike lap race around grapseed.
Checkpoints at top of hill that leads to ramps,found out hard way needed to move it!:)
Basically i played alot of motorstorm and burnout reasons for container and part way you go against traffic theres a chance to get a group suicide if one of you hits the pumps in the gas station looks awesome if you live through explosion.

Thanks again really appreciate the feedback:) I was under the impression ps3 could play xbox maps and vice versa i will have to google it

PixelPusher
  • PixelPusher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Thanks, Luap Yllier, and I agree with you about racers who prefer quality tracks, minority we are it seems.

However - that majority is actually preventing us from getting our hands on what we like (good tracks, clean racing, skills required) This is the type of majority who'll quit the race or vote it negative if they are unable to stay on track and compete in a clean way (maybe they are unaware of the fact that chrome paint on their adders doesn't make it drive itself magically on track without player's assistance)

So I refuse to think that after I've bought my copy of the game exactly like everybody else did  - I'm suddenly entitled to do what majority thinks is cool. We are just as valuable players as the rest and have an opinion that should be listened to. The noobs will soon leave because they just don't know what to do in a sandbox game. Even better. But I somehow still doubt that R* has completely adopted the "majority" concept.

So, if we don't say anything - there would be no voice to be heard!

• KingRyujin-- likes this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:14 PM

Thank you Dr Atomic really appreciate the feedback
the track is best with bikes or off road IMO containers there just to split people each side of it no-one tries to go through it really , i always try to though mainly crash but did it one time while a friend was slipstreaming he didnt make it so could be a tactic if your brave! :)
The water! It rises and falls unrelated to the time of day a true mystery. Spent alot of time adjusting the ramps you will make it every time its the ramps and bike combo, sometimes its fine sometimes you have to wheelie slightly.But i notice it happens on the R* maps as especially the one with the dirtbike lap race around grapseed.
Checkpoints at top of hill that leads to ramps,found out hard way needed to move it! :)
Basically i played alot of motorstorm and burnout reasons for container and part way you go against traffic theres a chance to get a group suicide if one of you hits the pumps in the gas station looks awesome if you live through explosion.

Thanks again really appreciate the feedback:) I was under the impression ps3 could play xbox maps and vice versa i will have to google it

i cheated b y giving my opinion based on your video drive through..  hehehe :D

Didnt realise the river water is rising and falling too, I knew we had tides in the ocean but seems a bit odd that this has translated to the rivers. Maybe rivers are higher with rain?

PixelPusher
  • PixelPusher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

Paulmgrath - looks like good race, though have to agree with DrAtomic - that container will put sm ppl off, and so will probably that "against the traffic" thing.

Liked the checkpoints though, well done.

DrAtomic ok, cool. Probably I should have put it in the title - PS3

jibujaman
  • jibujaman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

Here is my candidate for R* verification. It's a point to point gta race, but you can only use owned weapons, no rockets or boosts are placed on the map to keep it as realistic as possible. Health pickups are placed at gas stations, you may think them as pit stops.  :p There are two natural jump spots, no stupid ramps. You can avoid one of them if you want, but taking the jump in this case is faster I think. There are three short cuts available. So, NFS lovers might find it lovable with some cop chasing going on. I would really appreciate if you give it a try and give me some feedback if you have any.

Around And Into

Enjoy the scenic beauty driving through paved and off road sections around the Alamo sea. And take an extra pair of paints with you just in case you need one, who knows?

http://rsg.ms/1aGUDwl

Happy racing!

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

Sandy Shores TT

2A099D73-DC41-4BD6-AA85-868F050723F6_zps

http://socialclub.ro...bQ?platformId=2

A track for racers, double apex corners and some corner after corner action all round mean that this will be a track where you find yourself pushing the limits of you driving. No gimmicks or anything silly.
Corner cutting props are placed appropriately, albeit with a small amount of wiggle room from the track edge. To eliminate the grief of smacking into a tyre stack as you try to clip the apex. Finished with a final corner that dares you to run wider each time in preparation for the home straight. As the description mentions, this is a track where the racing line can be a challenge to adhere to, but not punishing should you leave it.

Times are around the 1:10 to 1:20ish mark, provided you have a decent car.

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Try my races in my signature, and its for PS3. 

OhV7wqD.png

TWH6J7h.pngWW3x5nU.png

soggyinvert
  • soggyinvert

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:53 PM

@Alwintheboy,
I have had your Nurburg track in my game for a while!

Very enjoyable track man! Love it

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:36 PM Edited by mo-seph, 23 January 2014 - 05:38 PM.

Galileo's Inner Ring is probably one of my strongest Creations, although theres an overlap traffic is moving in the same direction... after lap 2 it gets interesting but theres enough visibility on both sides to avoid collisions...  I spent quite a bit of time on this before i ever released it to the world so im pretty confident on checkpoints etc :)

heres a link, map and description.. its PS3 for those wondering :)

Players 1-8

Description

Fast paced, Double-loop lap race around Galileo Observatory and Vinewood Hills. Enjoy the view as you explore Galileo's inner ring

Baytree Canyon, Galileo Observatory

GalileosInnerRing_zps18c62eba.jpg

• juceeju likes this

PixelPusher
  • PixelPusher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Thanks to all for your suggestions. Will try it later and give you my opinion.

Alwintheboy - I think I've already tried Nurnburgring and seemed a good race to me. My bookmarks were wiped out recently, so will check it again later.

jogyboss
  • jogyboss

Hitman

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:32 PM

42 deathmatches from jogyboss, go and try them out guys

http://socialclub.ro...ames/gtav/jobs#

Mrgrandis_HKG
  • Mrgrandis_HKG

Employee Of The Month

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I just created two more tracks baeds on the real life version for PS3,

The Silverstone Circuit and the Nurburgring GP Circuit.

Links is in my signature :)

j2UmoQj.jpg

sUbzDBp.jpg

Phthalate
  • Phthalate

Hater Player

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:03 AM Edited by Rohandra59, 27 January 2014 - 06:03 AM.

I have recreated the famous Mulholland Highway here in GTAV. This is a very difficult circuit with sharp corner after sharp corner at breakneck speeds. Most races in GTAO (created by R*) you can get around without touching the Brake. Not this one. My event, "Mulholland Drive Circuit" requires complete concentration and will push your driving abilities to the edge. 

http://rsg.ms/1eZGrz2

Beardyface
  • Beardyface

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:04 PM Edited by Beardyface, 29 January 2014 - 10:06 PM.

Long time reader short time poster! Thought I'd best start contributing to these boards a little.

Anyway.

I've made some races on the content creator and I'm told they are quite good but I am also my own critic... They've all had quite a few plays but my likes/dislikes/play numbers have reset from re-publishing and tweaking the tracks.

Here they are in all their non-glory!

Up Shift Creek - Off-road point to point race around the Great Chaparral area venturing through canyons, up streams and down steep declines.

The Tataviam - Off-road lap race around and down the Tataviam Mountains, crossing Land Act Reservoir.

Underground, Overground - Fast paced point to point around the city with tight turns and big jumps. It's even got a mini drift course thrown in for good measure.

Training Day Test your police evasion skills on this tight lap race around Vespucci Police Dept.

I've also made a series of BMX stunt races called BMXtreme, I've put them in a playlist which can be found here.

Merely made for my own enjoyment and the BMX crews I'm in but feel free to have a look if that's your kind of thing.

Aizcold
  • Aizcold

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

Here are the links to the two playlists with custom races that I have put the most work into. The races in these playlist have traffic set to off by default and this is how they are best enjoyed.

The first playlist is called "The San Andreas Tourist Trail” and contains 12 point to point races. Each race represents a different day on a 12 day trip through the state of San Andreas.

http://socialclub.ro...XW0KsfA8LbsDZEA

The second playlist "The San Andreas Grand Prix Series" contains 7 lap races meant for real racers and has a Grand Prix Style theme. Tire stacks prevent corner cutting in these races, which is why traffic must be switched off as there are obstacles in the road in some sections.

http://socialclub.ro...nrEiENWOEGKYcrQ

I hope you enjoy these playlists and let me know if you have any feedback.

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

SNIPERS

-------------

Platform : XBOX360

Description : Sniper Rifle Wars At The Top of The Skyscrapers

Type: Deathmatch - Team Deathmatch (3 Teams)

Players : 4-10

Link: http://rsg.ms/1cKpYKD

You can use parachutes and helicopters to move.

0_0.jpg

eNbzkQ.png

nlightened
  • nlightened

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:12 AM Edited by nlightened, 31 January 2014 - 12:14 AM.

These are two mental races I made. Please add to your game and enjoy!

Free Falling

http://socialclub.ro...IfQ?platformId=

Shake N' Bake

http://socialclub.ro...lA?platformId=2

Niobium
  • Niobium

not banned Drunken Cowboy

• Members
  • Canada
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:20 AM Edited by nobum62, 31 January 2014 - 12:22 AM.

http://socialclub.ro...yQ?platformId=2

this is for PS3

3d75jNv.jpg

Beardyface
  • Beardyface

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:44 AM

Having played a few of these I have to say they are on par with, if not better, than Rockstar's original tracks.

Especially Alwintheboy's Nurburgring and mo-seph's Galileo's Inner Ring (lovin' dem rings!)

Keep it up guys and gals

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:09 AM

Having played a few of these I have to say they are on par with, if not better, than Rockstar's original tracks.

Especially Alwintheboy's Nurburgring and mo-seph's Galileo's Inner Ring (lovin' dem rings!)

Keep it up guys and gals

cheers for the props fella,,,

if you get a full 12 and set to anything more than 3 laps you start getting some interesting overlaps between the front and pack of the pack on that "inner ring" and through the tunnel...

but as your all going the same direction its generally pretty safe...

our crew actually put together a "Top 10" playlist, out of the 800+ races we have made, a showcase of sorts of the tracks we think best represent us.... feel free to add it and let us know what you think bud

Best of RRR1 vol.1

and if you fancy a bit of fast and furious action, check the drag races in my sig

glad you liked it tho dude :)

Super_CJ129
  • Super_CJ129

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 06:31 PM

For PS3

LS Underground and River: http://rsg.ms/1fAhGtn
For PS3

LS Underground and River: http://rsg.ms/1fAhGtn

CoachDub25
  • CoachDub25

RACECAR founder

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 02:16 AM

http://socialclub.ro...ames/gtav/jobs/  That's all my stuff. Over 30 races in all.

I made a few "stunt" or "novelty" courses, once I saw the first round of "verified" races and I thought to myself what a joke? Anyway, I started out creating, what I thought, was 'game quality' races. After seeing the "verifieds", I am confident that almost all of mine are "verifiable". Here are a few of my favorites:

I made these "stunt" races...

Demolition Stuntmen http://socialclub.ro...4g?platformId=2

Shore II Shore http://socialclub.ro...9A?platformId=2

Elevated Risk http://socialclub.ro...Lw?platformId=2

...but also these "street" races...

East Alamo Dash http://socialclub.ro...1A?platformId=2

Drag Kings II http://socialclub.ro...MA?platformId=2

Inner City http://socialclub.ro...vA?platformId=2

Balls to the Wall http://socialclub.ro...qQ?platformId=2

...and then these off-road races...

The Baja http://socialclub.ro...ug?platformId=2

Harmony with Harmony http://socialclub.ro...sA?platformId=2