Photo

Still amazed about the graphics

40 replies to this topic
Hazencoke
  • Hazencoke

Homeboy

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:56 AM

The technique rockstar achieved is someghing not to be ignored. Man they did a good job with la I just can't stop looking
  • MagzGTA, skyfamster, darkwar854 and 1 other like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

I thought I would only need this meme for a few weeks...or so

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:13 AM Edited by saintsrow, 22 January 2014 - 06:14 AM.

:^: I totally vote yes on this.  The design of the virtual world is beautiful, almost beyond belief! 

EDIT:  I also continue to be amazed as I explore the world.  The lighting, the seamless detail - it's fantastic! 

• SuburbansWorst likes this

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:26 AM

It is beautiful and the attention to detail put in is great. Just a shame the draw distance is bad though

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Liberal Black Activist

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

I love it

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:49 AM

For an open world game running on console hardware that was dated when it was designed almost a decade ago it looks damn fine. The attention to detail is unlike anything I've ever seen in a video game before. The lighting is what shines the most though (pun slightly intended).

0_0.jpg

• high91, Lowi and krashr like this

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

It looks almost as good as TLoU. But then again, TLoU isn't open world. I just wish they'd at least use FXAA and some AF.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:02 AM

Agreed!

Indeed the graphics are as smooth as some fine Puerto Rican Strange!

• manutd36 likes this

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

yep graphics are almost real life son

TheRawalpindiExpress
  • TheRawalpindiExpress

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:22 AM

Graphics is good in game

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

It looks almost as good as TLoU. But then again, TLoU isn't open world. I just wish they'd at least use FXAA and some AF.

Game desperately needs fxaa and AF indeed.

However old ass hardware limitations aside, Rockstar are second to none in the industry at mastering technology to create visually accurate worlds. The lighting system in this game is just outstanding. As much as I want to see a PC release, I feel bitter about all the 16 year olds who will immediately start fevering away at trying to slap ENBad on the poor game. F*cking ruins all the hard work Rockstar went through in perfecting the lighting system.
  • Spider-Vice and Tikhung like this

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

I totally agree. What Rockstar have done is amazing.

The 360 came out in 2005 and the PS3 out 2006. The hardware that's inside is probably a little older. It was possibly outdated (compared to PC specs at the time) upon release of the console itself. It's been 8/9 years now. So the technology is incredibly old.

Everytime I load up GTA V I need to remind myself that the entire system AND game is running on just a mere 512mb of RAM and a single core processor with terrible architecture (PS3). The RAM is split down the middle so that the CPU gets 256mb and the GPU 256mb. The CELL processor was terrible to code on and developers had to use all sorts of tricks to get the games working properly.

Apart from the fps and lack of anti-aliasing, if GTA V were on PS4 or Xbox One then my mind would still be blown. The map is absolutely huge and stuffed with detail. I've followed the game since it was announced away back in 2011, I analysed every little bit of detail that Rockstar gave us to the point that I pretty much knew where everything was before I even played the game and it's been over 4 months since the game was released and guess what? I'm still seeing parts of the map or finding things that I've never seen before. 

If that's what Rockstar can do on a PS3/360 then we are not prepared for whatever unholy black magic they have stored for GTA VI on PS4/XBO. 

• Tikhung likes this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

aka: Blood-Is-in-Diamond or BiiD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:19 AM

That because Rockstar are the "gods of Openworld games" comeon they have been doing GTA for 16 years.when GTA began in 1997 the Openworld Genre was still early,you didnt have alot of Openworld Crime Games.That Why when GTA 3 came out in 2001 it Revolutionised and Popularised the Genre.and also creating the term "GTA CLONES".
  • ViceCityStalker likes this

SiDiBooTs
  • SiDiBooTs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Like most of you, I been playing gta games since the ps1, & I appreciate how far its come.. without sounding like a fanboy, the game looks stunning, best game I've ever played.

• Bonnano and gn1992 like this

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:09 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 11:10 AM.

Like most of you, I been playing gta games since the ps1, & I appreciate how far its come.. without sounding like a fanboy, the game looks stunning, best game I've ever played.

Great Comment bro.It doesnt matter about someone saying you being"Fanboy" it called being Proud of being a member of a Legend Franchise Community known as GTA.
  • Bonnano likes this

gen pepsi
  • gen pepsi

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

The graphics are at the level of what a linear game gets, which is amazing considering the sheer amount of world they have to have rendered compared to a linear game.

I suppose a PC wing-nut will pipe in soon and bang on about mods and ICEnhancers and all that rubbish soon...

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

I was playing GTA IV on my PC when I got V for Ps3..

At first, I thought it looked like sh*t... but after some time, I realized that it's 100 times better. Especially the lighting.

stobe187
  • stobe187

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

All V needs to look like a PS4/Xbone game is an upgrade to 1080p, higher res textures and 60fps. Otherwise it looks stellar.

The lighting system is one of the most natural looking systems I've seen in games, and I've been playing 20+ years.

• dyz likes this

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

The lighting is perfect! 

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:31 PM

As I may have said before..(if not, I say it here, now):

"It's not just the outstanding pallette, it is the way we are allowed to seemlessly dance upon it. That is R*s forte."
-me, now

SnyderGuy
  • SnyderGuy

BMX Sensei

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:32 PM

Still, I'd rather have some animals. Or something to do in GTA online.

Very boring nowadays

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:56 PM

my mates had a look at GTA for the first time last month. and they were gob smacked at the quality, draw distance and fluidity of the whole world.

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

The draw distance is good for what it is. And this game has FXAA already, just not very high.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

Oh yeah the Lightning are just the most Realistic thing I ever seen in a game and GTA 5 excels in that.

just-a-spaz
  • just-a-spaz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

I can't believe they pulled off that ambient lighting on an open world game on such old hardware. It's as if they're using SSAO AND another ambient lighting technique along with it that makes different levels of shading (instead of just being a shadow with 1 constant darkness level, it actually varies in density depending on how much or how little sunlight it's getting).

It makes the game feel 10x more life-like to me.

Plus, the dynamic reflections in every surface. The sky is red? The water and cars reflect the red sky. Also, the reflections are all in real time. I was in some water, and I blew up a street lamp and watched the reflection of the street lamp in the water as it fell down and it matched perfectly.

BLOOD-MOND
  • BLOOD-MOND

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:47 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 01:48 PM.

I can't believe they pulled off that ambient lighting on an open world game on such old hardware. It's as if they're using SSAO AND another ambient lighting technique along with it that makes different levels of shading (instead of just being a shadow with 1 constant darkness level, it actually varies in density depending on how much or how little sunlight it's getting).

It makes the game feel 10x more life-like to me.

Plus, the dynamic reflections in every surface. The sky is red? The water and cars reflect the red sky. Also, the reflections are all in real time. I was in some water, and I blew up a street lamp and watched the reflection of the street lamp in the water as it fell down and it matched perfectly.

Great Comment bro.Just like they said"Legends never dies"GTA is a 16 years Legendary Franchise that have evolved,I bet GTA 6 graphics will just be greater esp. when it on Next-Gen.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

Since 1776

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

Game desperately needs fxaa and AF indeed.

However old ass hardware limitations aside, Rockstar are second to none in the industry at mastering technology to create visually accurate worlds. The lighting system in this game is just outstanding. As much as I want to see a PC release, I feel bitter about all the 16 year olds who will immediately start fevering away at trying to slap ENBad on the poor game. F*cking ruins all the hard work Rockstar went through in perfecting the lighting system.

The Xbox and PS3 was a bang for your buck back then and was on-par with high end PCs for about 2 years. 

They both used expensive high end GPUs at the time. The Xbox with a X1900/X1950 XT and the PS3 with a 7900GTX. They didn't stay on top for very long though. Nvidia brought out what is considered the best series they've ever put out - the 8000 series with the legendary 8800GT/GTX as the flagship, and ATI put out the 4000 series.

This wasn't really the case with the PS4 and Xbox One though. They used midrange 2012 GPUs. But I know they'll get the job done for the next decade. I mean, they have to  :lol:

Knowing Rockstar though, they'll go all out on the next 2 GTA games for this console gen, which is probably good news for us PC gamers too :D

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

I think Halo Reach was the best looking game on this generation. But yes, in GTA V (and GTA IV) have amazing detail. I love it, I can't help but absorbed into the world because of all the detail.

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

I think Halo Reach was the best looking game on this generation. But yes, in GTA V (and GTA IV) have amazing detail. I love it, I can't help but absorbed into the world because of all the detail.

What? I'm usually not one to question someone's opinion but... How? That game was a blurry mess and had an FOV that only worked if you sat 20 feet away from a 30" monitor. Okay that's a bit of an exaggeration but the blurry part was true. It looked awful. Now realize that it was a linear corridor shooter for the most part and it becomes clear how much more Rockstar are videogame wizards than any other devs.

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:56 PM

sh*t son, if you think Halo Reach was a corridor shooter, then you got some issues. No offence. And the graphics weren't blurry, they were filtered. For a war like feel. That game is was. From the moment the title screen pops up to the moment you die. And it was all foretold from the beginning what your fate was. Yet you still fought and went into the endless circle. Then multiplayer was the horrors of war. Damn squeakers. Anyways, the graphics were double layered. Something the future Halo 4 ditched. A sh*t load of collisions were in effect too on Halo Reach.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:00 PM Edited by FranklinDeRoosevelt, 22 January 2014 - 09:01 PM.

Halo is a milked franchise, get over it. It's one of the worst franchises after or even equal to COD. Halo 1 and 2 were good but the rest are absolute dog sh*t. No offence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users