Quantcast

» «
Photo

Could GTA 6 look this gorgeous? ('The Division' screenshots)

14 replies to this topic
RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:51 AM Edited by RememberToTaper, 22 January 2014 - 05:55 AM.

'The Division' is an upcoming 2014/15 game from Ubisoft for PS4, Xbox One (I'm not sure if PC is confirmed yet).

Basically it's an open world game where players drop in an out anytime, and can team up and tackle any part of the city in missions - sounds very similar to GTA: Online in fact.

These new pics look incredible and if next-generation looks this good, one can only imagine what R* does with next-gen GTA 6 and even an RDR sequel!

LD4MMzC.jpg

KeODgha.jpg

qIn4lVs.jpg

I don't think these are "bullshots" as they usually call them. There's some bland areas, jaggy imperfections and blurry spots, which convinces me this is actually the game and not fake PR renders.

• gta111 likes this

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:02 AM Edited by RememberToTaper, 22 January 2014 - 06:04 AM.

Where we are progressing with graphics:

WJwEjQ.gif

GTA-V-Online-gif.gif

gta_v_gif_1_by_dennisk4-d6mdkhi.gif

ioCZ4EQQUA5KL.gif

i28JkMXi4kkOm.gif

:blink:

• gta111 and DeafMetal like this

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:48 AM

That is f*cking gorgeous. In all honesty, though, I think that's how GTA V would have looked had they made it for next-gen. And, as previously stated, things are looking good for Red Dead 3 and GTA VI if we take the evolution between console generations to mind:

red_dead_revolver2.jpg

red_dead_redemption.jpg

Really looking forward to The Division too. It, Watch_Dogs, MGS V, Infamous 3, Destiny, and Injustice will be my first games when I get the PS4.

• gta111 and RememberToTaper like this

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:52 AM Edited by RememberToTaper, 22 January 2014 - 07:53 AM.

I can't wait to get a PS4 as well. It's very exciting to think what the talented developers will do with these new consoles.

Also, when it comes to "Graphics Kings" we hear Naughty Dog and Crytek mentioned a lot, but I think Rockstar's abilities tend to get overlooked because their type of games need a lot of compromising since the game worlds are so huge.

Hopefully with GTA 6 and RDR 3 and less hardware restrictions, we finally see their true graphical talents shine through (we certainly see many glimpses of it in RDR and GTA V). I think I'm going to just walk around and stare at the surroundings when I first play RDR3 :O

(MGS 5 pic, but I can imagine it looking like this or even better)  :O

metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-play

• DeafMetal likes this

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:11 AM Edited by OmeXr, 22 January 2014 - 08:11 AM.

http://i.imgur.com/LD4MMzC.jpg

that car on the right side looks a lot like kuruma and it's wheels reminded me of beta wheels of gta3.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

http://i.imgur.com/LD4MMzC.jpg

that car on the right side looks a lot like kuruma and it's wheels reminded me of beta wheels of gta3.

It looks just like a 06-10 Dodge Charger.

I guess that graphics will improve for the next GTA, let's hope it look as good as these.

• gta111 likes this

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:44 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 22 January 2014 - 10:45 AM.

GTA VI might even look better The Division as it will come out later in the gen, but it should be able to definitely  look that great. Even though I am in absolutely no rush for next gen, i'm not a graphics whore and gameplay will always be my #1 priority in a game (see my sig), but it's hard to appreciate these great visuals. I will be buying a new PS3 before I buy a PS4 so I don't know when exactly I will be jumping into next-gen but so far, it looks as though I will only be getting the PS3 version of Watch Dogs, Watch Dogs is my most anticipated game of 2014 (shame it's going to be underrated) and the Division is second (although I doubt I will actually play it during 2014).

(MGS 5 pic, but I can imagine it looking like this or even better)  :O

metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-play

I saw that pic before I knew it was from a Metal Gear Solid game and my mouth dropped, however, after I found out it was from MGS game since MGS 4 was extremely light on content, it would not suprise me if MGS 5 was the same.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

Wait, Ubisoft's making ANOTHER open-world game?

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:30 AM

I think it is safe to say that the next GTA will definetly be a step up in terms of graphics due to the fact that it will be on next gen consoles. I like games that look as real as possible but gameplay is much more important than graphics in my opinion. SO as long as they get the gameplay right first, graphics are secondary.

NYC PATROL
  • NYC PATROL

"Patrolling and Observing Forums Since 2005"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 03:26 AM Edited by NYC PATROL, 05 February 2014 - 03:35 AM.

Whenever I think of what the next GTA could bring to the PS4,XB1 my mind jumps up and down. I'm so excited to see how alive they can make their next map.

More peds on the sidewalks, more cars (more variety). The textures and landscape will look amazing. I think it can definitely look like The Division. If not better in a lot of ways.

My gut is telling me we may only see one GTA this gen. The amount of work it will take to bring the next one out will be enormous. Yes, the new consoles are easier to develop for but increased hardware means more detail and more detail means more work. By the time it releases we will already be almost 5 years into the life cycle of the PS4/XB1. But If they go all out on every aspect of the game, we will be set for awhile.

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:31 AM Edited by RememberToTaper, 05 February 2014 - 09:29 AM.

Speaking of other next-gen open world games, some new Infamous: Second Son images released today.

GTA 6 could easily look as good or even better than this. But these shots give us a tantalizing idea how a next-gen city will look with top notch, advanced effects and 1080p graphics (Infamous: Second Son is 1080p)

There are some who remain doubtful and say these are "bullshots" and no game will look this good or sharp, but I have faith the new consoles can handle it. GTA V looks gorgeous in certain moments already (just look at the Snapmatic or official picture threads). I think these visuals below are attainable. R* has the time and talent to do it!

i5YSAOepa62Nx.jpg

1537603_245888245592927_2133693395_o.jpg

1781145_245849718930113_843479166_o.jpg

1658721_245849862263432_1339666647_o.jpg

(edit) Sorry, I guess the pictures disappear after a while. I'll rehost them later on imgur

The entire pics are in the link below if you want to see.

https://www.facebook...41439862&type=1

• gta111 likes this

Th3MaN1
  • Th3MaN1

Big Homie

• Members
  • Romania
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:57 AM

These are still 'young' games in the cycle of the PS4/Xbone. The games that will release years later in this time-cycle will look a lot better. And that counts for GTA too. Also, with every passing day, the workers at R* become more experienced. One of the reasons GTA V is such a big game, with so many stuff in it, is because a lot of people have been working on it. And I'm sure a lot of those people know their job. In short, I think GTA VI will look even better that The Division and other games. Of course it won't be a graphical marvel, but it will look stunning IMO.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 05 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

These are still 'young' games in the cycle of the PS4/Xbone. The games that will release years later in this time-cycle will look a lot better. And that counts for GTA too. Also, with every passing day, the workers at R* become more experienced. One of the reasons GTA V is such a big game, with so many stuff in it, is because a lot of people have been working on it. And I'm sure a lot of those people know their job. In short, I think GTA VI will look even better that The Division and other games. Of course it won't be a graphical marvel, but it will look stunning IMO.

I agree. I personally dont think the next GTA game will be the greatest game in terms of graphics as the GTA series has never really been known for its graphical capabilites even though we have come a long way since the days of GTA VC etc. I have no doubt though that the next game will look amazing and will be caparable in terms of graphics to the other games that will be released around the same time.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

YouTuber

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:35 PM

I mean GTA 5 might even look that good on PS4 if it's eventually released. That frostbite engine is a beast.

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

I mean GTA 5 might even look that good on PS4 if it's eventually released. That frostbite engine is a beast.

I doubt GTA V could look that good as it was developed for the PS however I dont question that GTA VI will be a step up in terms of graphics when it is released in a few years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users