Photo

What keeping you still play GTA Online?

88 replies to this topic
rawkus0815a
  • rawkus0815a

Street Hustla

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:51 AM Edited by rawkus0815a, 22 January 2014 - 07:51 AM.

Sniping tanks and receiving "polite" response on it, keep me playing. So funny...

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

I would still be playing it, I loved it, but Im not willing to re-subscribe to live just for GTAO. I spend far too much money on sh*t like computer games anyway, Im a grown man!

Oh come on now, a "grown man" should be able to afford five bucks a month for XBL gold!

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

Gta is gta and always will be. there has never been any game to truly recreate the most realistic simulation of a living breathing city and that has always been the case from 3 on especially.

No game recreates reality like gta can. The. You get to f*ck hoes and fly jets, flip cars, kill cops, bmx, parachute, smoke weed, watch tv, scheme plot and manipulate other players with amazing freedom.

Why the f*ck would you play anything else.

It's because these people either have no one to play it with or no

Not sure why you're so vigilant to those who say the game is dying but...

while the game is still somewhat alive, It's chock full of "Modders" and Tanks and..

well, It just doesn't cut it IMHO

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:03 AM

i have been addicted to GTA since i first played GTA 1 in the 90's...

the freeroam madness is the thing that keep ne coming back for more, trolling people til they rage quit is so awesome.

unless hackers take over online, ruin the experience to a point where im forced to quit online like i did with IV, im sure ill keep playing the game til the day i log in and its simply empty!

Let's see if I can summarize: 

"I like to ruin people's experience until they ragequit." 

"When a hacker ruins my experience, I will ragequit." 

What a life. 
one thing is make someone ragequit because they cant kill me because im sniping them from a distance, keep killing them while they try to buy ammo/clothes or i simply drive by a keep blowing their cars...

other thing is quitting online because 13 out of 16 players in the server are in godmode, invisible, super speed, shooting rockets out of their guns, etc etc etc...

there a big difference between one and the other, so keep trying!

:^: Yeah, the big difference is, you're on the receiving end of the second one, and you don't fukking like it. 

I don't mean to single you out, but let me make a general comment addressed to all the tens of thousands of people like you, who play GTA0:  Your lack of empathy and your need to cause real world grief, to anonymously bully people psychologically, to make yourself feel better and increase your low self-esteem, if you actually do the sh*t you brag about on the forums, is exactly what turns online environments like GTA0 into a worthless, pointless, bottom-feeding sh*thole. 

Note that I used "you" in the collective, to all of your ilk, not to you personally. 

• Yogogamer and UchihaRingo like this

SAVILLAIN
  • SAVILLAIN

ha ha ha

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

welcome to los santos deal with it or make someone else deal with it

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:15 AM

Our crew! nearly always someone online now and they all rock it! 

I have noticed  the way they play the game differently, but together. 

Wanes will destroy on-sight without mercy

Senor will circle around like a wolf waiting for the best time to move in quickly

Nato is calculating and tactical and deadly

so yeah, seeing the crew come together and having a laugh keeps me coming online!. And they cool cats on this forum, some of whom are now in the crew :) lovin it 

Big up to my crew and a slightly begrudged  :) big up to Biohazard Abyss who was brutal last night, fair play. 

• saintsrow likes this

Insert-Coin-To-Continue
  • Insert-Coin-To-Continue

Notoriously Punctual

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:33 AM

The bloody tears of my vanquished foes.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

while the game is still somewhat alive, It's chock full of "Modders" and Tanks and..

I have yet to see a modder since they patched the DNS servers.

It's chock-full of tanks, but that only adds to the fun sometimes, especially with friends.  I joined a member's session here, Wanes, and I took out two assholes in tanks.  One with my own tank, and one with a RPG.

It's nothing gamebreaking, which is why I hate when people make dumb tank threads.

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:41 AM

Cause, simply, I have nothing better to do.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

I have yet to see a modder since they patched the DNS servers.

It's chock-full of tanks, but that only adds to the fun sometimes, especially with friends.  I joined a member's session here, Wanes, and I took out two assholes in tanks.  One with my own tank, and one with a RPG.

It's nothing gamebreaking, which is why I hate when people make dumb tank threads.

Nothing gamebreaking? Try starting a second character (Who starts off a level 1, mind you)

and then return and lecture me on how it's "Nothing gamebreaking"

and yes, I do believe actual modders are still around, found someone in godmode the other night, unless he just had a hell of a lot of health left, unlikely considering he was hit several times with a tank.

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Nothing gamebreaking? Try starting a second character (Who starts off a level 1, mind you)

and yes, I do believe actual modders are still around, found someone in godmode the other night, unless he just had a hell of a lot of health left, unlikely considering he was hit several times with a tank.

I recently started a new character and have yet to encounter a tank because they match me up in lobbies with lower-level players.

Also it's not hard to go passive mode, or even use tricks like I do to counter their usage of the tank.  It's not gamebreaking to me.  It never was.  All it needs is some tweaking.  Tanks aren't a big problem to me.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:01 AM

I recently started a new character and have yet to encounter a tank because they match me up in lobbies with lower-level players.

Also it's not hard to go passive mode, or even use tricks like I do to counter their usage of the tank.  It's not gamebreaking to me.  It never was.  All it needs is some tweaking.  Tanks aren't a big problem to me.

First of all, Passive only works if your on foot and your aggressor is on foot aswell. it DOSEN'T protect you from

1. Getting run over

2. Being blown up in your car

Which are the two things everyone does,

"It's not gamebreaking to me.  It never was.  All it needs is some tweaking.  Tanks aren't a big problem to me."

Keyword is "me"

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:23 AM

"It's not gamebreaking to me.  It never was.  All it needs is some tweaking.  Tanks aren't a big problem to me."

Keyword is "me"

I'm talking about against tanks, dude.

Unless you're like on the beach, or some other open flat area, passive mode beats a tank every time.

Yogogamer
  • Yogogamer

Cyber Multiculturalist

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:29 AM

Keyword is "me"

I'm talking about against tanks, dude.

Unless you're like on the beach, or some other open flat area, passive mode beats a tank every time.

I know..But who wants to be restrieted to certain area because some idiot thinks it's funny to troll the whole session

To quote sweet brown...

"Ain't nobody got time fo dat" 

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

Megidoloan for everyone!

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

I know..But who wants to be restrieted to certain area because some idiot thinks it's funny to troll the whole session

To quote sweet brown...

"Ain't nobody got time fo dat" 

Well people and tanks are always in LS.  There's always somewhere to use as a safe haven :)

• Yogogamer likes this

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

I'm playing Killzone ShadowFall and Dragon Age Origins mostly at the minute, but if I have 20 minutes to kill I'll jump onto Online just to dick around for a bit.

I play for longer on weekends because I play with my friends who have gone to different Universities/ moved away and have achat with them while playing.

JonWal
  • JonWal

PSN

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Racing, loves the racing i does.

Dr.Rosenthal
  • Dr.Rosenthal

Police Mocker

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:30 AM

1. It looks/feels/sounds awesome. Just an overall AAA experience. Especially when you're used to the R* mechanics from other games, such as RDR, MP3, GTA IV. I can't believe how many times I used to play GTA IV, only trying to escape 5 stars in the most Drive-esque kind of manner. Now I can do the same things, but together with friends! And it's great.

2. Missions/races/deathmatches are fun. I frankly don't understand what some people are bitching about. There's lots to do in this game. And even if you've played a race a couple times, you can still improve your lap times, still find new ways to play missions.

3. I'm kind of aiming at getting platinum awards. Because it's fun to have a goal when you're playing, even though I think a game of tennis or a parachute jump can be perfectly fun on its own.

4. I just love the R* franchises, and have played most of them extensively.

5. Thinking about jumping back into Los Santos has the same kind of colorful air as opening up a bag of candy.

6. Back when I was a billionaire (before the stock market crashed - also dubbed "the maintenance period"), I used to jack cars and upgrade them just for the fun of it. It was fun to pick a car that I would never use and just turn it into a monster. For example, my chromed up Futo (RIP).

7. I'm good at the game.

Johnny Applesauce
  • Johnny Applesauce

Porkbelly's #1 Student

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

1. Coming out of my apartment with my bmx while in a full freeroam lobby - risky at times.

2. Riding uphill towards my destination while passing ammunation,grocery store, tatoo place, & movies - even more risky.

3. Robbing that grocery store on the way up to the mountain while trying to escape being run over by cops - very risky, might need to call mors :\.

4. Cost of replacement bike or impound fee(if it applies) - mayb 300 or something?

5. Escaping all that & riding into the grass,trees, & bushes then out into the open toward the Vinewood Sign - super risky, mostly ends in death if somone spots you or tails ya on the way up.

6. Cost of death/medical bills,destroyed/stolen bike - mayb 700 & a well placed  "son of a  B****" :sneaky:

7. Reaching the sign without conflict,wasn't noticed or trolled cause of passive mode, walking by the tourists & feeling pretty good, breeze flowing through your hair. Then eyeballing your jump, jumping on your bike, riding down that mother as fast as u can, hitting the jump & pulling a full 3-4second frontflip, landing, slamming on the brakes, & trying to stop before you die - super super high risk factor, 50/50 chance u die if u mess up,or watch in agony as your char toss & tumble down the hill on top of your bike. 

8.Medical bills,insurance,impound fees(if they apply & if ur still wanted)food to replenish health from said adventure - unknown ammount

9. Having to explain yourself to your friend who you told to go in his house & watch you on the tv while u got a 5 star wanted level & tried all this - mayb scarred for life lol.

10.Realising that u just did that & f***kin nail'd it....- PRICELESS :)

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

When you kill people multiple times and they start talking to you over the mic in a calm manner, continue killing and talking until they ask you to be friends and turn out to be decent people...when you get that, the game becomes more enjoyable.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

because CoD ghosts sucks - basically the same recycled crap they release every year

• GoodGreen likes this

MurderIsNice
  • MurderIsNice

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:35 PM

Because life sucks and gta life sucks less
  • saintsrow likes this

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

GTAO is dead?I respect your view on everything you said and agree with some of it, but GTAO is not dead. At least I don't see it that way. I do see way to many people just playing in freemode instead of doing races and deathmatches etc. Everyone is free to do what they want of course, but a constant firefight every time you log on gets old. I think perhaps this turned a lot of people away from it? Seems like is definitely dying, but I would go as far to say dead yet. Just my 2 cents.

It's not dead, nor is it dying.

It's GTA.  

Only reason to get tired of this game is either lack of friends to play it with, or you can't find fun for yourself.

you people are so funny. i never said it was not fun, i said it was horribly broken and in my eyes, dead and going nowhere. i was never sold on a 360 version of gta anyways, when next gen consoles were released 3 months later...

Varios Los Aztecas
  • Varios Los Aztecas

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

GTAO is dead?I respect your view on everything you said and agree with some of it, but GTAO is not dead. At least I don't see it that way. I do see way to many people just playing in freemode instead of doing races and deathmatches etc. Everyone is free to do what they want of course, but a constant firefight every time you log on gets old. I think perhaps this turned a lot of people away from it? Seems like is definitely dying, but I would go as far to say dead yet. Just my 2 cents.

It's GTA.  

Only reason to get tired of this game is either lack of friends to play it with, or you can't find fun for yourself.

you people are so funny. i never said it was not fun, i said it was horribly broken and in my eyes, dead and going nowhere. i was never sold on a 360 version of gta anyways, when next gen consoles were released 3 months later...

Its horribly broken, dead, and going nowhere, but you still play because it's fun. You're a moron.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:13 PM Edited by iiGh0STt, 22 January 2014 - 05:15 PM.

It's GTA.  

Its horribly broken, dead, and going nowhere, but you still play because it's fun. You're a moron.

when did i say i play it? pretty sure i sold my xbox over a month ago for an xbox one. and i even said so in this thread....

nice try.. moron. now make up an excuse to comment about me coming here talking about a game i enjoyed playing and my reasons for thinking gtao is possible the worst release to online gameplay ever (obvious in security aspects)... go ahead.

PlamenVT
  • PlamenVT

Intelligent Hoodlum

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:14 PM

The primary reason I keep playing is because of my crew, great guys and we have lots of fun.

Besides that, I keep playing because of the user created Deathmatches - stil so many things to do there, create stuff, play other DM's etc. I also keep coming back from time to time to activities I've done before as Racing, Helicopter free roam rampages, even Shooting range.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Homie

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

I keep playing hoping to one day afford to have fun with GTAO. If having a gifted billion taught me anything, it's that it's going to be a while.
  • saintsrow likes this

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In Relapse

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:38 PM Edited by CarimboHanky, 22 January 2014 - 05:52 PM.

i have been addicted to GTA since i first played GTA 1 in the 90's...

the freeroam madness is the thing that keep ne coming back for more, trolling people til they rage quit is so awesome.

unless hackers take over online, ruin the experience to a point where im forced to quit online like i did with IV, im sure ill keep playing the game til the day i log in and its simply empty!

Let's see if I can summarize: 

"I like to ruin people's experience until they ragequit." 

"When a hacker ruins my experience, I will ragequit." 

What a life. 
one thing is make someone ragequit because they cant kill me because im sniping them from a distance, keep killing them while they try to buy ammo/clothes or i simply drive by a keep blowing their cars...

other thing is quitting online because 13 out of 16 players in the server are in godmode, invisible, super speed, shooting rockets out of their guns, etc etc etc...

there a big difference between one and the other, so keep trying!
:^: Yeah, the big difference is, you're on the receiving end of the second one, and you don't fukking like it. 

I don't mean to single you out, but let me make a general comment addressed to all the tens of thousands of people like you, who play GTA0:  Your lack of empathy and your need to cause real world grief, to anonymously bully people psychologically, to make yourself feel better and increase your low self-esteem, if you actually do the sh*t you brag about on the forums, is exactly what turns online environments like GTA0 into a worthless, pointless, bottom-feeding sh*thole. 

Note that I used "you" in the collective, to all of your ilk, not to you personally. 
WRONG AGAIN!

its not about being on the receiving end...

because you can still kill me while im griefing you, is not like im cheating or something is perfectly legal and legit. try the same scenario with a godmodder etc.

one thing is for sure, you dont have the age or capacity to be playing this kind of games if something like being bullied in a game affect you psychologically, causing you to come to a forum and whine about being griefed/spawnkilled, that show that you may have some insecurity issues and maybe some self-esteem issues too.

i have a very aggressive playing style that fit just right into the violence-oriented-environment we have in GTAO.

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

GTA0: Unreal on Wheels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

What keeping you still play GTA Online?

Two things. 

1.  I want to mod my cars, so I have to win about 50 races against actual players.  I try to trade wins when i can get the concept across to the other guy despite the sh*tty GTA0 / console communications system and language barriers.  But it makes me feel bad when I legitimately win a race because I know the other guy feels bad about losing.  :dontgetit:  If I could unlock car mods by simply being in a race, not having to win, then I could give away wins, and that would be fine with me.  Once I get my mods unlocked, the only reason I would go into freeroam is thing #2 below: 

2.  My morbid curiosity to observe the worst of the human psyche unrestrained. :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users