Photo

GTA 5 is the first Game to in the Series to Allow Peds transport with

29 replies to this topic
Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

a.k.a: BLOOD

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:05 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 02:05 AM.

I dont know whether anyone else noticed this but in GTA 4 there were buses in places like Star Junction but we dont see them to Often or then dont have a driver or Passengers in them but with GTA 5 that change,there are buses all over Los Santos with Drivers in them and 4/5 Passengers,but as GTA have evolved from 2D,3D and HD Era,do you guys think this feature might evolve on Next-Gen GTAs to allow us the players to ride as a Passenger just like the Taxi and Train?

SeaWallTx
  • SeaWallTx

President of Ebola Country, U.S.A.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:39 AM

yeah they need to catch up with the mafia seris well in this case mafia 1 the city of lost heaven

JonesyRogers
  • JonesyRogers

DonnyZingFarka

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:57 AM

I dont know whether anyone else noticed this but in GTA 4 there were buses in places like Star Junction but we dont see them to Often or then dont have a driver or Passengers in them but with GTA 5 that change,there are buses all over Los Santos with Drivers in them and 4/5 Passengers,but as GTA have evolved from 2D,3D and HD Era,do you guys think this feature might evolve on Next-Gen GTAs to allow us the players to ride as a Passenger just like the Taxi and Train?

1538762_632357723492575_1723982130_n.jpg

• visionist, GTAboob and ViceCityStalker like this

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:04 AM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 03:24 AM.

yeah they need to catch up with the mafia seris well in this case mafia 1 the city of lost heaven

No it the other way round,just because some openworld games(i dont want to use "GTA Clone") do things better than GTA doesnt mean anything,GTA is the Ruler and Dominant Power of the Genre.I havent play Mafia but it was also labelled and classified a "GTA Clone" but GTA does alot of things other openworld games fail to emulate and remember it was GTA that Popularised the Genre in the first place.
I saw a comparison Video of GTA 4 and Mafia 2 and it was GTA 4 that won.
In the HD Era GTAs you can watch TV in Mafia you cant,You can Drink and Eat in GTA,You can have a Car Wash etc.But anyways in Next-Gen GTAs it would be great.
GTA 4 (2008) and Mafia 2 (2010),that video show us how GTA 4 changed HD Openworld Games,you can notice that Mafia 2 copied GTA 4 Elements but made it better.

At the end of the video you can see that in GTA 4 you can ride the Cabs and Trains as Passengers but you cant in anyother Openworld Games including Mafia 2.but in GTA 5 seeing peds in buses just made GTA become more realistic than Ever and with Next-Gen and that feature Expanded it would be great.GTA is Realistic especially with the HD Era Games but i dont want it to be Super Realistic Like Mafia i.e.Putting fuel in cars.
  • D3ADSH0T and Tikhung like this

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:10 AM

LOLZ Mafia 2..............

Skitzo100
  • Skitzo100

Windy city

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Yeah I we should. You also forgot to add the bus stop at the bus stop to drop off people

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Proto-Hipster

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:14 AM

Now, after five years, instead of nobody getting on the bus, nobody gets off of it. 

Ah, technology. 

• Tony., visionist, ten-a-penny and 2 others like this

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:31 AM

Such a game changing feature. Hell, maybe in VI you'll see peds as passengers in the passenger jets... Nah who am I kidding, not even next-gen consoles can handle that.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

Mutants, mutants everywhere!

• Members
  • Russia
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:40 AM

We know about the buses since the second trailer.
  • DutchGangsta likes this

DutchGangsta
  • DutchGangsta

Sup

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

It's fun to take control over the bus and drive it in the water. :evilgrin:

• visionist, ten-a-penny and GTAboob like this

bensons
  • bensons

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:19 AM

you could do bus route missions in vice city, picking up people and dropping them off for money on the bus network.

MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:47 AM

Mafia 2, being the good game it is was a disappointment.

I can compare Mafia 2 to GTA V in many ways:

Long wait

Disappointing to some

Cut content that is used for DLC

skittlez86
  • skittlez86

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:36 AM Edited by bikerman3, 22 January 2014 - 11:37 AM.

No it the other way round,just because some openworld games(i dont want to use "GTA Clone") do things better than GTA doesnt mean anything,GTA is the Ruler and Dominant Power of the Genre.I havent play Mafia but it was also labelled and classified a "GTA Clone" but GTA does alot of things other openworld games fail to emulate and remember it was GTA that Popularised the Genre in the first place.
I saw a comparison Video of GTA 4 and Mafia 2 and it was GTA 4 that won.
In the HD Era GTAs you can watch TV in Mafia you cant,You can Drink and Eat in GTA,You can have a Car Wash etc.But anyways in Next-Gen GTAs it would be great.
GTA 4 (2008) and Mafia 2 (2010),that video show us how GTA 4 changed HD Openworld Games,you can notice that Mafia 2 copied GTA 4 Elements but made it better.

At the end of the video you can see that in GTA 4 you can ride the Cabs and Trains as Passengers but you cant in anyother Openworld Games including Mafia 2.but in GTA 5 seeing peds in buses just made GTA become more realistic than Ever and with Next-Gen and that feature Expanded it would be great.GTA is Realistic especially with the HD Era Games but i dont want it to be Super Realistic Like Mafia i.e.Putting fuel in cars.

even if they are "gta clones" that does not mean gta can not learn a thing or two from them like how gta online customization sucks compared to saints row as an example. 

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

Mafia 2, being the good game it is was a disappointment.
I can compare Mafia 2 to GTA V in many ways:

Long wait
Disappointing to some
Cut content that is used for DLC

Lol if GTA 4 wins Mafia 2 in that video then GTA 5 will flog the sh*t out of it.and then the Lol moment is when you realise that Mafia 2 came out 2 years after GTA 4 (2008-2010) and remember GTA 4 revolutionised HD Openworld Games.and again Mafia 2 is known as a "GTA CLONE" but Mafia is 100x better than Sausage Rolls(meant Saints Row)

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Is anyone else thining about Kramer right now?

"Well... They kept ringing the bell!"

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Hell, maybe in VI you'll see peds as passengers in the passenger jets... 

They are in V... in the Online intro animation. 

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:48 AM

Do the bus routes in GTA V actually stop whereby NPCs are able to alight and depart? I've never had the chance to investigate...since R* said something like that a few months before release

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hell, maybe in VI you'll see peds as passengers in the passenger jets... 

They are in V... in the Online intro animation. 

Damn Really? Then Next-Gen GTAs would just be Great,tbh i didnt noticed that.

Do the bus routes in GTA V actually stop whereby NPCs are able to alight and depart? I've never had the chance to investigate...since R* said something like that a few months before release

In GTA 4 the NPCs wait in train stations to get into the train,but the bus stops they have purpose in GTA 4,and with GTA 5 being the first GTA game that makes NPCs enter buses yes they wait at the bus stop and gets into the bus,i was mindblown when i see that.

GTA-Freak-Vi
  • GTA-Freak-Vi

"Sorry for bad grammar, I'm at KFC"

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

In GTA 4 the NPCs wait in train stations to get into the train,but the bus stops they have purpose in GTA 4,and with GTA 5 being the first GTA game that makes NPCs enter buses yes they wait at the bus stop and gets into the bus,i was mindblown when i see that.

Damn, that's pretty neat. Great little detail from R*

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

why would you compare gta IV to mafia 2? Mafia 2 and Gta V share more in common in that they're both boring videogames with impressive detail.

Gta IV had an ugly face and a sexy ass, i'm an ass man.

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

why would you compare gta IV to mafia 2? Mafia 2 and Gta V share more in common in that they're both boring videogames with impressive detail.

Gta IV had an ugly face and a sexy ass, i'm an ass man.

Except the Former is a "GTA Clone" and the Latter is a Great Sequel to the Game that revolutionised HD Openworld Games,GTA 4.

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

Be Yourself is best advice anyone can give.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:44 PM Edited by Tuskin38, 22 January 2014 - 09:49 PM.

and with GTA 5 being the first GTA game that makes NPCs enter buses yes they wait at the bus stop and gets into the bus,i was mindblown when i see that.

I've never seen NPCs get on or off busses in GTA5

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:52 PM

and with GTA 5 being the first GTA game that makes NPCs enter buses yes they wait at the bus stop and gets into the bus,i was mindblown when i see that.

I've never seen NPCs get on or off busses in GTA5

They do.So you mean you also never saw NPCs waiting for a train in GTA 4 or GTA 5?

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Gta clone? Let's not forget that Gta III took inspiration from other games.

Anyway, Mafia 2 had a fuel system. :p

A game that has a sandbox world isn't automatically a gta clone, something you need to learn, OP.

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:54 PM Edited by Tuskin38, 22 January 2014 - 09:55 PM.

They do.So you mean you also never saw NPCs waiting for a train in GTA 4 or GTA 5?

I said buses, not trains.

I've seen NPCs get on and off trains.

I've never seen them get on or off Buses.

Has anyone else viewing this thread seen it?

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

I said buses, not trains.

I've seen NPCs get on and off trains.

I've never seen them get on or off Buses.

Has anyone else viewing this thread seen it?

Like i said they do that why they sit at the bus stop.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Yep, I've seen civvies enter busses. We pull them over due to people dealing drugs in them.

Tuskin38
  • Tuskin38

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

Like i said they do that why they sit at the bus stop.

I've sat at one them for about 2 ingame hours, never saw a bus stop for them.

LowiPL
  • LowiPL

Street Cat

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:03 PM

best bus simulator 2013 lol

Blood-Is-in-Diamond
  • Blood-Is-in-Diamond

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:06 PM Edited by Blood-Is-in-Diamond, 22 January 2014 - 10:17 PM.

Definition of a GTA CLONE-by wikipedia:
"Grand Theft Auto" clone* is a genre of open world
 action-adventure
 video games
characterized by their likeness to the "Grand Theft Auto" series
 in either gameplay, or overall design. These types of open world games are games in which players may find and use a variety of vehicles and weapons while roaming freely in an open world
 setting. The objective of such games is to complete a sequence of core missions involving driving and shooting, but often side-missions and minigames
 are added to improve replay value
. The storylines of games in this genre typically have strong themes of crime and violence.
The genre has its origins in open-world action adventure games popularized in Europe (and particularly the United Kingdom
) throughout the 1980s and '90s. The release of "Grand Theft Auto
" (1997) marked a major commercial success for open-ended game design in North America
, and featured a more marketable crime theme. But it was the popularity of "Grand Theft Auto III
" in 2001 that led to the widespread propagation of a more specific set of gameplay conventions consistent with a genre. The genre now includes many games from different developers all over the world where the player can control wide ranges of vehicles and weapons. The genre has evolved with greater levels of environmental detail and more realistic behaviors.
Since calling a game a "clone
" has a negative connotation, reviewers have come up with other names for the genre. Names such as "sandbox games", however, are applied to a wider range of games that do not share key features of the "Grand Theft Auto" series.

And here is an article: http://www.gamesrada...theft-auto-iii/

The Only game that influenced GTA 3 was Driver (which started two years after the Original GTA (1997-1999)).GTA 3 came out in 2001 and changed the Genre forever,Revolutionising and Popularising it.

Here is another article: http://www.gamesrada...-gaming/?page=3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users