Photo

Coveted easy money patched?

59 replies to this topic
SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:49 PM Edited by SFBryan18, 22 January 2014 - 03:50 PM.

I really don't see how anyone can honestly complain about "grinding" or "farming".  It's not cheating or glitching - it's doing a chore repeatedly for repeated rewards, just like most things in life.  If anyone has a problem with it then they should have stood next to arcade machines when I was a kid and not let me spend more than 50p, because that's in essence what you're saying.

Utterly ridiculous.

They're just jelly because they don't have the patientce to do it.

• Grimase and Furry_Monkey like this

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

It's been a ride

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

It's not about affecting anyone else, it's about design. GTA isn't Diablo, or an MMO, or an RPG, there shouldn't be grinding or farming.

True, GTA Online -should not- be a grindfest. 

But it is.  :bored:

The payouts and the prices and especially the leveling up, suck.  I just wanted to have fun.  How innocent I was.  :dontgetit:

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:02 PM

It's not about affecting anyone else, it's about design. GTA isn't Diablo, or an MMO, or an RPG, there shouldn't be grinding or farming.

True, GTA Online -should not- be a grindfest. 

But it is.  :bored:

The payouts and the prices and especially the leveling up, suck.  I just wanted to have fun.  How innocent I was.  :dontgetit:

I don't enjoy the fact that there's so much work involved in being able to play the game the way *I* want to.  I'm a free roam player, not a racer or death matcher, and you clearly need more money to play that way.  I guess I'm the perfect target audience for cash cards.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by Muirenn, 22 January 2014 - 04:06 PM.

It's not cheating or glitching

Of course it's not, but people shouldn't clump all of the complaints into one category.

I farm Coveted every other time I play. A few points that some people make is that no one should have to... Because it's Grand Theft Auto. Prices in Online are inflated, there needs to be more things to do, Rockstar has taken away and reduced more things than they've added, etc, etc, etc.

Who the poop plays Grand Theft Auto to farm?

BondageKitty
  • BondageKitty

Felicia

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:06 PM Edited by BondageKitty, 22 January 2014 - 04:07 PM.

I enjoy the mission, it's the only Cargobob mission worth the effort and I love the Cargobob. Haven't had the need for money so been a while since I played it. Does pressing X at vote screen to restart still work? That mission never had its fast restart patched.

Muirenn
  • Muirenn

Homegrill

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:08 PM Edited by Muirenn, 22 January 2014 - 04:09 PM.

I enjoy the mission, it's the only Cargobob mission worth the effort and I love the Cargobob. Haven't had the need for money so been a while since I played it. Does pressing X at vote screen to restart still work? That mission never had its fast restart patched.

Last time I played, like two days ago, still works.

Hanshot 420th
  • Hanshot 420th

Thug

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

LOL is it bad that we made a 'Farming' playlist? It's one way to break up the boredom a little at least. So far we have; Coveted, Pot Shot and Crystal Clearout III. Anything else I should add? Running a PL of farming missions is a little less boring and U just have to hit "Restart" at the end of the list.

Speaking of farming, there's a thread here folks; http://gtaforums.com...-to-get-rpcash/

To the h8trs; seriously, peeps can play the game any way they want. Aight? We can argue about the inflated prices of things. The time constraints some people have (with jobs n' all that) etc... If folks want to farm in between missions and races, no skin off yer nads. Yea?

Rooftop Rumble and Defender are fast as hell and pay 15,000 and 14,000 and good RP

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:18 PM

LOL is it bad that we made a 'Farming' playlist? It's one way to break up the boredom a little at least. So far we have; Coveted, Pot Shot and Crystal Clearout III. Anything else I should add? Running a PL of farming missions is a little less boring and U just have to hit "Restart" at the end of the list.

Speaking of farming, there's a thread here folks; http://gtaforums.com...-to-get-rpcash/

To the h8trs; seriously, peeps can play the game any way they want. Aight? We can argue about the inflated prices of things. The time constraints some people have (with jobs n' all that) etc... If folks want to farm in between missions and races, no skin off yer nads. Yea?

Rooftop Rumble and Defender are fast as hell and pay 15,000 and 14,000 and good RP

Sadly, I am only LVL 62, sooooo... can't do Rooftop yet. What LVL is required for Defender?

SFBryan18
  • SFBryan18

NorCalMobLife

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

How do you add coveted to a playlist? It doesn't show up when I try.

The Rangler
  • The Rangler

Potshot

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:54 PM

Hope this is true so you f*ckers can stop farming that sh!itty mission.

Why does it matter to you what other people do with their time on GTA? Grinding has no effect on you.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

DONE.

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

It's only "grinding" or "farming" because you people insist on using MMO terminology. What would you suggest as an alternative? The most basic statistical analysis will tell you that to prevent millions of people finding themselves replaying the same missions, R* would have to implement a literally infinite list of different jobs.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:26 PM

no mision is worth doing 5 times over back to back. Base invaders gave me 18750

secrules2
  • secrules2

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:17 PM

So one guy was wrong? Sweet.

White Shark
  • White Shark

Terrorist

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

I can no longer quick restart this mission which sucks. I don't understand why this has happened.

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 01:46 AM

I can no longer quick restart this mission which sucks. I don't understand why this has happened.

Still working for me..

MindEntropy
  • MindEntropy

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:50 AM

All of you clowns complaining about farming and leveling up for unlocks need to wake up. Just because you're that idiot in a mission that wrecks the objective or Rambos into a swarm of enemies doesn't mean it's not enjoyable to run missions. If you're so worried about unlocks and weapons start your session with boneyard and loot all the weapons then go into free roam and act like an idiot. Go do a gang attack and jack a combat mg. stop bitching about farming at least this game has replay value. If it was only free roam chaos like some of you prefer the game would already be dead.

If you're worried about car mods. Make a friend and boost criminal records. Some of you must really suck at this game. In fact I know it as the last mission I played some idiot flattened me on my way to my buzzard then proceeded to crash it and fail the mission cause he sucks.

Chrismo
  • Chrismo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

This mission is legit. I love practicing my fast reflex sniping and grenade launching on this map. No need to rush. Run a few times a day now my stealth is 80/100

Dopey™
  • Dopey™

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

...some idiot flattened me on my way to my buzzard then proceeded to crash it and fail the mission cause he sucks.

trollface-2.jpg

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

How do you even find the "Coveted" mission? I've never played it and I'm level 72.  Is there a blue ring on the map somewhere?

statistic
  • statistic

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

I just hit rank to do Coveted the other day.  I've done it a handful of times now, but it's not the super easy 4 minute mission for ME anyway...  I take my time, snipe everyone, struggle a bit with the cargobob (actually destroyed the crate once trying to hook it up.)

It's fun still for me while I'm figuring out the best way to run the mission, but $ and RP vs time, Potshot is more valuable for me (i can probably run Potshot 4 times in the time it takes me to do Coveted).  Then again, I've done Potshot so much I can do it half asleep.

To find it, go in the pause menu.  online-jobs-host job-rockstar created-missions-coveted.

• Strikeslip likes this

s1ckmad3
  • s1ckmad3

Head Don Of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

One guy on another site has boobs and he's stroking himself on webcam

If that's your thing then who am I to judge.

ray also likes meatspin.com and lemon party

Why does it matter to you what other people do with their time on GTA? Grinding has no effect on you.

sounds like wanes was one of those lsc glitchers until it was patched now sour

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

i saw nothing wrong with people doing that mission over and over for money

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I just hit rank to do Coveted the other day.  I've done it a handful of times now, but it's not the super easy 4 minute mission for ME anyway...  I take my time, snipe everyone, struggle a bit with the cargobob (actually destroyed the crate once trying to hook it up.)

It's fun still for me while I'm figuring out the best way to run the mission, but $ and RP vs time, Potshot is more valuable for me (i can probably run Potshot 4 times in the time it takes me to do Coveted).  Then again, I've done Potshot so much I can do it half asleep.

To find it, go in the pause menu.  online-jobs-host job-rockstar created-missions-coveted.

1. Run down to first truck and smash the dood with a baseball bat (why waste ammo right?)

2. Snipe dudes down the hill.

3. Drive that SUV down the hill and park it by the one already there

4. Kill dude at second SUV if he spawns

5. Snipe a few tangos across the way while waiting for Bob

6. Kill Bob pilot and pick up container

7. Take Bob and container to designated point (solo) or just drop in the water (2 players in Bob)

...and... yer done. Sounds like yer spending time killin peeps down at the container and the one beside it. No need. Just grab the bob and get the container

statistic
  • statistic

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

1. Run down to first truck and smash the dood with a baseball bat (why waste ammo right?)

2. Snipe dudes down the hill.

3. Drive that SUV down the hill and park it by the one already there

4. Kill dude at second SUV if he spawns

5. Snipe a few tangos across the way while waiting for Bob

6. Kill Bob pilot and pick up container

7. Take Bob and container to designated point (solo) or just drop in the water (2 players in Bob)

...and... yer done. Sounds like yer spending time killin peeps down at the container and the one beside it. No need. Just grab the bob and get the container

yeah, I kill everyone.  Good sniper practice!  I'll try killing less, see how it goes.  Cheaper too, less bullets.

fwiw, I don't think of doing the same mission over and over so much as farming for $ and RP, but as an opportunity to try new things and perfect the mission.  It's part of the fun to me.  But I am looking forward to unlocking the Buzzard.  It's the last thing I REALLY want to buy.

SuperJude™
  • SuperJude™

Lifelong fan of the number "42"

• D1RTY12
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:07 AM

How do you even find the "Coveted" mission? I've never played it and I'm level 72.  Is there a blue ring on the map somewhere?

Pause menu>Online>Jobs>Host>Rockstar Created>Missions>Coveted

It can be replayed by hitting SQUARE.

My "CHEAP AS HELL" Method:

Pistol/stealth the guy by the Granger.

Drive down the hill.

Drive-By fools.

Stay on RIGHT side of hill as not to get shot.

Steal Heli.'

Minimal ammo and time spent, sniping takes too long and costs a whole lot more than a driveby using a pistol ;)

• Strikeslip likes this

HBSanta
  • HBSanta

Pegassi Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

Why is farming looked down upon now?  Back in the day, in games like Diablo 2, farming was a commonly used method of obtaining rare items and gaining XP.  There is nothing wrong with it, you aren't affecting anyone else, and if you can stand the boredom of doing Coveted over and over then more power to you IMO.

This isn't Diablo 2, and it's strange the way you say it, as if farming is exclusive to Diablo 2, or that the act itself just died off. Play... Well, any MMO, for example, and there is going to be farming. There's nothing "back in the day" about it.

I don't know where you got lost in the phrasing of my post, but I didn't say it was exclusive to any game, but using D2 as an example.  I haven't played an MMO in years, so I don't know what goes on in those games now.  Your post is just confusing as I don't even see a point to it.  There shouldn't be farming or grinding in a game where gaining cash is one of the primary goals?  Makes no sense.

Bane_Of_Legends
  • Bane_Of_Legends

New Kid In Town

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

There shouldn't be farming or grinding in a game where gaining cash is one of the primary goals?  Makes no sense.

This. :D

theGypsy
  • theGypsy

GTA Felon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:39 PM

Pause menu>Online>Jobs>Host>Rockstar Created>Missions>Coveted

It can be replayed by hitting SQUARE.

My "CHEAP AS HELL" Method:

Pistol/stealth the guy by the Granger.

Drive down the hill.

Drive-By fools.

Stay on RIGHT side of hill as not to get shot.

Steal Heli.'

Minimal ammo and time spent, sniping takes too long and costs a whole lot more than a driveby using a pistol ;)

hehe... I have a playlist with; Coveted/Pot Shot/Clearout III - and I have it down to around $300 in ammo getting through all 3 (payout is $26k). Tip; use the buzzard on Clearout III if you have one.

As for coveted, I tend to take a baseball bat to the first guy, and the chopper pilot. Not only saves ammo, but is funny as hell

Pegassi Autobot
  • Pegassi Autobot

Van Society's Handsome Z

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

only mission I even play is coveted, and that's only because it's relatively short and has a decent payoff, unlike those other really long (not to mention, boring as hell) missions that don't even give you $4000. if i wanted to fully mod a car or something, i'd only need to replay coveted maybe like, 4 times (maybe 10 if i'm in a server with friends, since joking and f*cking around makes time go by quicker than just mindlessly grinding with a bunch of squeekers and e-thugs i don't even know). then i head back to freemode.

but i guess i'm a bad person for spending a couple minutes replaying one mission, rather than an hour playing other boring, tedious missions i've done countless times already, just so i can mod one vehicle.

grinding for money shouldnt even be a huge part of this game yet people want the payloads dropped, what's that all about?

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:24 PM

Sounds like yer spending time killin peeps down at the container and the one beside it. No need. Just grab the bob and get the container

I kill everybody.  You get rp for each kill, and it's good practice with the sniper rifle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users