Photo

Godmode Back?

30 replies to this topic
Taylor7500
  • Taylor7500

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:41 PM

I ended up in a gunfight with this guy, and whenever he got low health, he started fading in and out as though he'd just respawned, and of course was invincible. After a few deaths, he even just started walking up to me taking 2 full clips of combat MG fire and was able to hit me unarmed.

I'm not saying it's perfect - I managed to kill him a couple of times - but if he can stroll across the street while getting hit by combat MG fire (and considering he was level 422) do you guys think he was hacking or if it was a lag/bug or what?

DevsNzL
  • DevsNzL

I'm Watching You

• Members
  • New-Zealand
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

you really think rockstar got rid of all the modders.  Do what everyone else says to do, report then leave if you can't report cause it freezes ya then write the name down then send it to rstar. 

• TreFacTor, BurningChrome and iainspad like this

Semperfiman550
  • Semperfiman550

9/9/14

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:46 PM

Yea i have run into this never ending spawn protection crap twice already. I hope it's just a random glitch instead of a hack. Never seen it until after 1.08.

who-dat
  • who-dat

Kim Jong Uh?

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

They never left.....

But seriously, R* only really cared about the $ and millions of complaints. Unless WE as a COMMUNITY can keep complaining (as millions) that the god-modders are still here nothing will happen.
Honestly though, since R*s $ isn't involved, I doubt it will ever be fixed.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:53 PM

Happened to me once, bunch of kids started flashing (as if respawned) in a car when I run up to them during a freeroam deathmatch. Nothing could destroy the vehicle or harm them, they could also use their weapons.

Managed to kill them a couple of times more afterwards, but I honestly can't remember how or if it was just the glitch that got reset.

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

Killing men is a strange kind of fame.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

It's a glitch inside the game which pretty much anyone can do. People switch back to Story mode by using the D-Pad and when It asks 'Are you sure you want to leave Online', the person presses either B or Circle depending on the console to cancel It, and that results in their character fading in and out when you spot them online.

xxRichter
  • xxRichter

IT'S WARIO TIME!

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by xxRichter, 22 January 2014 - 12:06 AM.

Lol or iso modding LOOOL

Altho someone said there's new DNS servers

Comandante-Olle
  • Comandante-Olle

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:12 AM

Two days in a row I have come across hackers using godmode. Yesterday it was some dude with exploding pistolsbullits. Today it was just infinit health...

I don't really get it. What's the fun of it?
You ruin for others but what does the hacker get out of it? One must be real sad and lonely if you find ruining something for others fun and entertaining.
  • BurningChrome and iainspad like this

customkingpimp
  • customkingpimp

Functioning alcoholic

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:22 AM

its not a mod, they are simply spamming the character selection wheel

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

It's a glitch inside the game which pretty much anyone can do. People switch back to Story mode by using the D-Pad and when It asks 'Are you sure you want to leave Online', the person presses either B or Circle depending on the console to cancel It, and that results in their character fading in and out when you spot them online.

This.

Bestin_theWorld
  • Bestin_theWorld

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:53 PM

That isn't god mode

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

No but it's what they're doing.

BrazilianGirl
  • BrazilianGirl

◕‿‿◕

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

it's a glitch people who are bad in the game use

• BurningChrome and Grimase like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:08 PM

This.

Goddammit...it's even easier to do than the old car invincibility glitch. Hope it doesn't catch on too much, godmode is pretty much the worst thing in gaming.

• stonedpimpso likes this

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

This.

Hope it doesn't catch on too much.

People continually posting exactly how the glitch is done doesn't help :( 

• StewNorth likes this

Distrom
  • Distrom

Sodom

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:11 PM

It's a glitch, just select any character to switch back to SP, and when the gane asks you to confirm, you press no, and voilà, you are invincible for 5 seconds, you just have to do it again and again.

It works with griefers.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:16 PM Edited by iainspad, 22 January 2014 - 08:17 PM.

They never left.....

But seriously, R* only really cared about the $ and millions of complaints. Unless WE as a COMMUNITY can keep complaining (as millions) that the god-modders are still here nothing will happen.

Oh f*ck off. Another bullsh*t "Rockstar only cares about the money" post. You're not smart by posting this sh*t you know, and you have very little evidence to prove it's true.

It's very difficult to ban their consoles, considering they are jailbroken. Just get a new one — BAM — back in the game, and they can't exactly ban them on their respective console provider network because that's more their job than Rockstar's, unless Rockstar can pass their information on. They only managed to remove the money as that was something on their end, on their servers, that was affecting the economy of the game as well as people's enthusiasm. At least they had the f*cking decency to let people who suffered the exploit to keep whatever was bought with it.

People have already complained, ever since December, about these issues, and Rockstar have made it clear they are going to punish these players by discretion. Just bloody report them.

From what I have read, a lot of the components are client-side and not server-side, so of course it's very easy to exploit. However, if you didn't read the post after the maintenance last week, you would realise they are looking into this right now and will release new patches as countermeasures to these exploits.

Two days in a row I have come across hackers using godmode. Yesterday it was some dude with exploding pistolsbullits. Today it was just infinit health...

I don't really get it. What's the fun of it?
You ruin for others but what does the hacker get out of it? One must be real sad and lonely if you find ruining something for others fun and entertaining.

It's safe to assume that kind of hacker is lazy and unloved IRL, and hacking games for their gain is the only way they can feel 'big', let alone mentally masturbating their armchair genocide fantasy.

.R3b3L
  • .R3b3L

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

R* only really cared about the $

If R* didn't care about the $, you wouldn't be playing GTA at all, so.......

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

It's a glitch people are recently exploiting, someone was doing it in a DM earlier, I still killed him a bunch, and he still finished with more deaths than kills, he was raging quite hard.

It just makes you invincible for like 5 seconds, the glitch is easy to do, just pretty pointless.

• GTARACER93 likes this

GTARACER93
  • GTARACER93

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

It's fun to use that glitch with the cops. Pretty sure you still die from explosions though. 

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:11 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 22 January 2014 - 09:13 PM.

Oh shut the f*ck up. The "evil greedy Rockstar" people are hilarious. Of course they care about money. That's the point of any game developer, but if they also didn't care about how much people enjoyed the game they wouldn't have fans to give them money. Do you understand how that works?

With the shutdown they did deal with a lot of them and their exploits, and they're focusing more on hackers and modders now, but the fact of the matter is they're an extremely difficult problem to deal with. The cheating community is so set on ruining the game, it's future, and the experience for everyone else but themselves that it's incredibly difficult to keep up with them because they're always looking for ways to get around their fixes. Your anger is misdirected at Rockstar when you should really be upset with the hacking, modding and glitching community. They're the ones who have been holding this game back from it's true potential for months now.

• .R3b3L and iainspad like this

iTz-JoNeSy
  • iTz-JoNeSy

I'm cool me.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:29 PM

I use this to drive my car into a tank and launch my car far away :D Using it against other gamers just looks silly. It's clear when somebody uses it against you and just looks pathetic. You can also die more by using it since the character selection wheel tends to take hours to pop up. I for, is not worried about it.

stonedpimpso
  • stonedpimpso

He's coming for you...

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

I've run into this far more in the last 2 days than any DNS hack or health regen god modder. sh*t is getting rampant and really f*cking annoying. They need to patch that sh*t fast.

jaczor
  • jaczor

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:50 PM Edited by jaczor, 22 January 2014 - 09:50 PM.

After winning a race I went back to free mode, a guy who was racing me spawned next to me and I left him be, he drove away and I went to Trevor's airfield to get a cargo bob, but then I noticed he was chasing me so I went after him, killed him a few times but I only wanted the cargo bob so every time I killed him I gave him time to drive away, but he kept coming.

So I decided to spawn kill him a few times to make him get tired and leave, but then when I was about to snipe him I couldn't, he didn't go into passive and he still had his white dot, so he hijacked a car and tried to run me over, I shot him with my grenade launcher but it didn't do anything to the car either!.

What's up with this? now they have god mode for cars as well??

The funny thing is that afterwards he left and I stayed at the airfield idling while I went to get dinner, I come back 15 mins later and not 2 minutes go by when the bastard returns, apparently without god mode, I then proceeded to kill him a few more times before logging out.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

Rockstar don't ban consoles, Microsoft & Sony do, some people really need to understand this when they go "oh once rockstar ban them I'll have a party" well no they will just make another gamertag/psn and god mode on that, you will never get rid of modders

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

My father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate who works for R* said using this has a really good chance of deleting your character.

So nobody use this, okay?
  • iainspad likes this

GTAVArtem013
  • GTAVArtem013

Killing men is a strange kind of fame.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:25 AM

Point well taken, but they would have just gone to Youtube and gotten the same exact result as I listed :/.

EZza2647
  • EZza2647

The Original Funktopus

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:32 AM

It never left. 

Cue X-Files music

sadpandamakeup
  • sadpandamakeup

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

Point well taken, but they would have just gone to Youtube and gotten the same exact result as I listed :/.

Going to youtube actually requires an extra step.  That extra step is a lot for lazy people.  Repeatedly throwing the answer in their face almost begs them to try it. 

Everytime someone new reads how to do this glitch, the GTA online experience gets slightly more retarded. 

• BurningChrome likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users