Content Creator Wishlist/Suggestions
Posted 04 August 2014 - 11:21 AM
Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:26 PM Edited by bigbay49er, 12 August 2014 - 05:26 PM.
I wish you could set the respawn point for race checkpoints anywhere or somewhere other than directly surrounding the checkpoint. Mainly I want this for jumps so you can put a cp directly in front of a jump and have the respawn point be far enough back to still make the jump from a stop if you have to respawn. Or even simpler would be be the ability to have it respawn at the cp directly before whichever one you choose to use this on.
- MarcusDaze likes this
Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:43 PM Edited by iRacing, 12 August 2014 - 11:16 PM.
As a real life race driver, I would like to give my two cents...
I have built hundreds of races, death matches, and captures in the creator and many of the jobs I have created are highly regarded by many:
1) Raise the item cap from 50 static props and 10 dynamic props to a higher number. It is very difficult to make a proper track (over 6 tenths of a mile) with only 50 props.
2) Get rid of the >0.62 track size. I personally don't know why this was implemented in the first place.
3) Allow objects to phase, overlap, and freely float in midair without the use of glitching etc. (Similar to halo forge)
4) Allow grid placement to be modified. Currently, the placement is fixed. The only things that can be changed are the grid size and amount of vehicles permitted in a race. There should be a numerical value that you can change for distance between cars side by side and cars in front and behind. Currently all standing starts are formula 1 style (staggered).
Note pole position is given the racing line into the first corner.
5) Grid ordering. This option should be implemented in the lobby for users to change. Currently, grid ordering is random (if the creator is present in the lobby they are given pole position). There should be other options for grid ordering, such as: Fastest lap time in previous races on that track, average finish etc.
6) Change checkpoint sizes. Just like in halo forge, creators can alter the size of checkpoints using numerical values. This is definitely needed.
7) Multi-class racing. Silimar to real life, Multi class racing could support up to 4+ classes of vehicles racing at once. For example: Super, Sport, Sedan, Muscle could all share the track at the same time. This adds a new dynamic of faster cars maneuvering the slower traffic while maintaining position on track. This also allows for multiple winners. There will be an overall winner (winner of the fastest class in the race) and winners for the other classes.
8) SAFETY RATING. This is a solution to those idiot kids who would rather wreck their opponents rather than race them fair. A safety rating will be placed alongside the players' rank. Similar to mental state, your safety rating will go up as you make contact with other cars. Players with lower SR (Safety Rating) will be placed in lobbies with others who have a similar SR. Similarly with players with high SR. This allows for good players to race good players and idiots can wreck other idiots!
9) Ability to remove objects on the map. Not buildings and stuff like that, but stuff like signs, barriers, fences etc. Small things. From time to time these things get in the way.
10) Dynamic curbing. Anyone who knows a fair bit about race driving knows that curbing plays a massive part in getting a racecar around a track quickly. Some curbs help racecars and some hurt racecars. Of course I know something like this is pretty far fetched, but giving creators the ability to mold curbs around corners (to change the radius, apex etc.) would be AMAZING. Unfortunately, with Rockstar's watered down driving, cars drive over curbs and sidewalks like they are just part of the road. This would still be a great aesthetic addition to the game.
Notice the curbing is molded around the corner and the exit curbing allows the cars to track out a bit further than the road normally allows.
11) Magnet and co ordinate system. Who cares if it's copied from Halo? These are great tools for creators.
12) Artificial lighting. This is needed BIGTIME as an option in the creator. There are so many times when I am in the city and I need to turn my brights on just to see what's in front of me. I feel that the city is too dark in some places (no I am not going to turn my brightness up-it makes the game look like a cartoon). Giving creators the ability to add more street lights, strobe lights along the racetrack would be much appreciated. This way players can concentrate more on driving rather than squinting trying to see what's ahead of them. Plus, if R* adds the F1 car or NASCAR car (hotring racer) extra lighting will have to be implemented because both cars do not have headlights!
Take note how bright the track is compared to the grass. It`s practically brighter than day.
13) Ability to add props in air races. I am a huge fan of Red Bull Air Racing. Considering the Mallard is based off an Edge 540 plane, I don`t see why we can`t make some RBAR-styled tracks. Proper air gates should be added as well-They should be able to be placed on land and in water on a barge, similar to real life:
And if I'm not mistaken, Rockstar already has air gates similar to these already in the game...
Also, In the SP Flight School there were challenges where you had to knife edge and fly inverted through various checkpoints. If these options were added to the creator you could literally create a dynamic Red Bull Air Race!
14) Open up interiors! What about those leaked sound files about the Kickstart Arena and indoor racing? Could you imagine if Rockstar opened up the Maze Bank Arena as a creator sandbox? Creators could create anything they wanted in there! Paintball, Races etc. My idea is something similar to the Chili Bowl Nationals:
Yeah, thats right. Indoor dirt sprint car racing. Imagine this inside the Maze Bank Arena! Or...
Remember THIS? Figure 8 racing! Imagine this with 16 other real players! The laughs would be endless...Especially when using school buses and/or trailers...and yes this is a real thing:
This is actually quite popular among the circuits that I race at IRL. This brings me to the next idea...Demolition derbies!
Remember this place in GTA IV?
If, for some reason, you live under a rock or just haven't played IV, this was the place that everyone used as a bullring for a demo derby. Imagine a proper gametype, alongside deathmatch, races, and capture purely for CRASHING MAYHEM. This gametype would never get old. This would open a new realm of opportunity for creators to create AMAZING bullrings for demo derbies. Creators should have the ability to limit certain vehicles and/or the amount of money the vehicle is worth. For example, players can only use a vehicle that is worth under $25 000. This adds a whole new element into customizing cars. Players would have to be smart with their money. For example: "Should I upgrade my engine or add armor?"
What about arena paintball?
Imagine being able to create paintball DMs in the Maze Bank Arena!!
This is all for now. Many of these ideas aren't needed by any means. They will, however, increase the longevity of the game.
- XxInfamousPR0xX, BridgeHat, BitPieStudios and 3 others like this
Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:44 PM
Secondary Color -> Cockpit - Cheetah!
And some more GT wings on more cars!!!
Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:50 AM
Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:46 PM
Why do we still not have legit access to the Vehicle Deathmatch Creator?
I used the Dev glitch back in the day to create one of the more popular jet deathmatches in this game, and I still have access to it, but I would like to see everyone in GTA be able to access it, not just those who found the Dev glitch while it was active and created backdoors for themselves.
Additionally, I would like to see the option to create Team Vehicle Deathmatches. I have access to this in the creator as well, but they do not save properly, as no such thing as "Team Vehicle Deathmatch" exists on the Cloud Servers.
Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:09 PM Edited by BridgeHat, 28 August 2014 - 02:44 AM.
Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:46 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 28 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.
- statistic and stronktank like this
Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:36 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 28 August 2014 - 10:25 AM.
Posted 28 August 2014 - 02:46 AM
EDIT: The post this responded to seems to have been removed.
I've got it copied if you'd like me to repost it.
Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:08 AM
That post is awesome.
Big kudos on the effort.
- iRacing likes this
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users