Photo

Content Creator Wishlist/Suggestions

162 replies to this topic
budcat
  • budcat

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 April 2014 - 08:59 PM Edited by budcat, 02 April 2014 - 11:30 AM.

@BridgeHat

I like the last idea of being able to respawn at the beginning of the race so you can turn point to point to a lap type of race. Maybe you could have a couple choices like 1. you teleport as soon as cross the finish line 2. you teleport as a group kinda like how heat races would be and the slowest could get DNQ for the next round

I really like the idea of the second one only implemented on lap races.  There's a mode like this in Need For Speed games where the last player on each lap is cut until it's down to one winner.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 02 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

So, seems like they'll be adding the 'ghost mode' soon!

• deffjeff87 and budcat like this

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:34 AM

Wow!

Thank you, Rockstar.

Looking forward to this so much.

TXF
  • TXF

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:34 AM

Honestly, I really just wanna see custom Survival jobs. Survival's my favorite thing to do in Online, Especially because I can do it by myself if I don't wanna deal with people. It would be amazing to have custom ones too.

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:43 PM

I'm sure this has already been added, but setting guard rails to sections of road.

Would also love to be able to add NPCs that would activate every time someone got near.  Have them either act like a normal NPC, or could actually set their path.   I think it would be cool to be able to add a group of NPCs congregating on the side of the road as a sort of soft "barrier" going around a turn, or have some crossing the road way as an added element to the race.  

Would also be nice if working vehicle were to be added that you could set parked on the side of the road as an obstacle or a transportation vehicle in a GTA style race, and could be used in cannonball style creations. 

• davetopper and deffjeff87 like this

budcat
  • budcat

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:22 AM Edited by budcat, 12 April 2014 - 11:16 AM.

Just got an idea: a Hot Pursuit mode for races.  Have a set wanted rating for every racer for the duration of the race.  Maybe have it come into effect after a delay like weapons in a GTA race.  You could be defenseless or be able to fight back and with one another like a GTA race.  Could be fun.

I know it's very politically incorrect and intoxicated driving is no joke but I'd love an option to have everyone hammered or high for a race too.  Everyone already slams into one another and drives that way anyway.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:27 PM Edited by Cuz05, 15 April 2014 - 08:28 PM.

Love some of these ideas.

- More time settings. So far we have Nigh, Noon, Morning and Current. Night which is 21.00 is only half dark, it's practically sunset. There is a huge difference in darkness between 21.00 and 01.00. We need 01.00 as an option.  

- Extend prop limit. Vehicles take up a good amount of Model Memory yet props don't. This can easily be done. -Especially need this one for my GP races. Obviously don't want to see a ton of containers on a track but I could easily use 100 tyre stacks.

-Sounds stupid but how about the ability to use your custom cars in testing? Problem with stock testing is you can't get to grips with how 90% of people are going to be racing your track. -Bikes are even worse. A race can have a lovely flow on a stock but turn into a stop/start hiccup fest on customs.

-Also like DM  allow us to test vs Ai drivers. Again to see if a track has too many players or not enough or a checkpoint is too  off when  there are a few players going for it. 

-Control over trees, posts, poles, signs & trees shrubs armco, fences etc.

wider race checkpoints cos f*ck how are we supposed to get up to 16 ppl round a corner all taking 1 of 3 lines ... would be nice cos sometimes you like go half on the pavement at a corner and miss it.

-ability to re-use previous checkpoints instead of having to layout the grid to allow for crossovers. And choose which checkpoint to lap at for lap races. (For example, you start, drive PtP for 3-4 checkpoints before the laps start, at this point the 3-4 first checkpoints won't be used for any of the laps, but could be used again for the finish line.) 

-the damn parked cars.

-The ability to renumber checkpoints had to delete half my race to move starting grid.

-Make it so that friends can share creations. Like I could create a part of a race then pass it off to a friend to finish it. -This would be great for tuning a race.  Give it here, you don't know what you're doing...

-Also, pick up only weapons in GTA races. I wanted to do a Daemon race with only Sawn offs and Molotovs available, can't   :(

• davetopper, stronktank and SPEEDSTER0595 like this

handcuff_charlie
  • handcuff_charlie

Rockstar Verified Creator

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:42 PM Edited by handcuff_charlie, 18 April 2014 - 08:43 PM.

Firstly..

GET RID OF THE COLLISIONS DURING PLACEMENT

For the love of all things Hasslehoff, why is my "ghost" not just passing through objects and constantly colliding with them, signs, buildings, whatever, why do I have to switch to the very cumbersome character-mode in order to drop things in the subway or inside other open structures??? This is the biggest pain n the a**

Deathmatches

--up prop limit, preferably unlimited

--up weapon drop limit

--capture-style respawn bubble to designate certain respawn points as team specific

--add in missing weapons (gusenberg, SNS pistol, advanced carbine, heavy pistol)

--wider variety of props from already existing ingame objects

Races

--ability to set the checkpoint arrow to custom direction

--parallel checkpoint option to enable multi-path racing

--fix vehicle selection so if I want only blazers or only biftas, the sanchez isn't still available, I imagine this happens in other instances as well for other classes

--checkpoint structure variety (cylinder vs 2D gate, size adjustability)

--fixed-object masker/eliminator (that ONE solid post or telephone pole ruining a really cool turn, prime example being the posts by the metal gate next to the drive-thru barn in Grapeseed)

--expanded range to drop stunt jump camera

Capture

--FORCED & FORCED+PICKUP weapon option

--increase limit on weapon drops

--wider variety in vehicle choices

--wider variety in prop choices

--increase limit of props

--DM-style respawn points option

--respawn-enabled vehicle props (so that you dont need to respawn in a vehicle or set traffic ON in order to ensure a vehicle is available)

• stronktank likes this

Dat dude Smiley
  • Dat dude Smiley

Most efficient killer.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:45 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=oCYvRlGF17g secret mission creator glitch !!!

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but now that I'm reminded of it....

Instead of Creator forcing a restriction on lap length, they should force it on race length.

If you have a race where laps are 0.5 miles each, the Creator ought force it so you must have a minimum of two laps (Even when hosting it).

Also, checkpoints should be allowed to cross with any other checkpoint, except the checkpoint immediately before or after. i.e. Checkpoint 5 ought be allowed to be in the same location as checkpoint 3 or 7, but not 4 or 6.

Staten
  • Staten

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Poetic Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:22 PM

It'd be useful to start a race from a certain checkpoint.  Currently, if you are working on a part of the race near the end and you want to test that section out, you have to go through the whole thing.  It'd also be good if we could choose what place in the grid to start from when we test, in case there are any placement issues.

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2014 - 12:47 PM

I really wish I could make a race restricted to the Manana, Peyote and Tornado. Or the Voodoo.
Tornado on its own in the off-road class is not so appealing with the Sanchez lurking.

ASHOT1992
  • ASHOT1992

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:22 AM Edited by ASHOT1992, 11 May 2014 - 03:23 AM.

Wish there could be weare u can do land and water races in same race like wear u wood have to get out of car and get on jet ski kinda like triathlon

Curlypyebs
  • Curlypyebs

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:19 AM

Wish there could be weare u can do land and water races in same race like wear u wood have to get out of car and get on jet ski kinda like triathlon

You could create a DM with only 1 weapon that could act as the finish line, the first person to get to it will win by being able to kill everyone else.

Spanners or Parachutes can work as checkpoints to guide players round the course, or any pick up you can freely pass through.

I made one before like that^, it started with 8 players and only 7 BMX' a short run away to fight over so 1 player got left stranded on foot, spanners led through an off road bit to the river where the 7 players had to swim out to 4 Jet Ski's, leaving 3 stranded in the water, then Buoys led to a little beach with 2 Akuma's for a 1v1 bike race to a waiting Auto Shotty and Jet
  • GTAMYBABIES likes this

ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi
  • ALPHaRyuTaTSuMaKi

PC Hacker/Safe Cracker

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:03 PM

I think this was mentioned by OP and a few others, but to add weight to it-

I wish that, if I say that Vehicle/s X, Y and/or Z are the only valid ones in a Race, Custom Cars should be limited to those same cars, or some kind of function for that.

INB4 "You just want to win with car X, because no one has theirs customised."- I'm trying to find people that have custom Sandking XLs, particularly if they have 100% armour and full tuning upgrades, so I can have high-octane sandking collisions. My races are geared at knowing when to hit the accelerate and when to ease on the brakes, fitting trucks in small spaces, etc.

Also, where's my Karin Futo at? "Initial D" themed racing, please?

totte1015
  • totte1015

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

Which race is the shortest possible to farm wins in, that has 1 player option, and has Sports class available?

ComedyMan28
  • ComedyMan28

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:33 PM

Can you all make the races to where you can only race a specific car, and add more props as well vehicles to place that would be awesome.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 20 May 2014 - 04:50 PM

A stacked start grid for ghost racing, where all players start in the same position please ! or at least same 2 positions.

SileightyCyrus
  • SileightyCyrus

I > Gravity

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2014 - 12:33 AM

It took me until two weeks ago to actually play a round of golf...and I loved it! I had a crazy idea while I was playing, though.

Custom Golf Courses!

Imagine building to building shots

... or a couple holes on the rocky alcoves by the sea...

... or putt putt on the boardwalk...

... or on the airport dodging airplanes..

What do you guys think?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 May 2014 - 02:45 PM

Plane respawns in test mode need to work the same as they do after publishing. In test mode they use one of the three alternate spawn locations. In race you will spawn in the center of the checkpoint unless multiple people respawning. In test you spawn at idle. In race you spawn at top speed.

LambentBunny
  • LambentBunny

I don't give a f*ck

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2014 - 03:05 PM

I want to be able to resize my checkpoints. 

Also allow for non stock cars in single car races. 

• Nitty Don likes this

GR Choke
  • GR Choke

Fun Race Creator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:03 PM

more props!!!

MaGnEz
  • MaGnEz

Grove 4 Life

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:43 PM

All coming in pc version 😄

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:16 PM

No damage mode racing. Like GTA IV's scrapes only. Also with this selected, you can't fall off your motorcycle or explode.

In the creator, you can do some really fun stuff on motorcycles because you'll never fall off. One being, ride around on your head. Another, jump off mountains or skyscrapers and live.

----

An option that can be toggled in the lobby for players to be able to pay a certain amount of money up front, and then have infinite ammo for the duration of a death match, GTA race, capture etc.

Having such a short supply of ammo really screws up a lot of potential game modes.

For free roam, the ammo's fine. I understand. But in the PvP jobs, it can be a real pain.

RyanDesmond
  • RyanDesmond

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:45 PM

I'd like to be able to activate a police rating at a certain time during the game. Say when someone grabs the case, they get 4 stars as they try to take it back to their base. A star-rating trigger.

I would also like to see ACTORS in Deathmatches.

Flukey
  • Flukey

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:03 AM

-Option to switch weather to snow during jobs.

-After a race is finished we should switch to spectate mode as in GTA IV.

-More props like a diversion that points right and abilities to stack ramps/props how we want without having to glitch.

pkcrazie
  • pkcrazie

Too weird to live, and too rare to die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:58 PM

I'm sure they have all been mentioned before, but I'm adding them here incase Rockstar is reading:

- More props for race creators. 50 isn't enough. I need more tire stacks!!!!

- Ability to remove objects such as telephone poles and street lights. 

- Ability to share creations for collaborative efforts between creators

- Control of the direction in which a race checkpoint arrow directs people

Cuz05
  • Cuz05

~RRR1~

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:27 AM Edited by Cuz05, 02 June 2014 - 09:41 AM.

Randomize the grid in custom races!!!!

I was tempted to caps lock that, its become one of my biggest grumbles. Was also thinking of making a thread for it as I really think its a big issue when playlisting
I was tempted to caps lock that, its become one of my biggest grumbles. Was also thinking of making a thread for it as I really think its a big issue when playlisting.
Starting at the back in race after race is massively unfair and frustrating for whoever draws the short straw. Would also help reduce the huge advantage given to the creator on difficult (terrible) tracks.
As a genuine host of decent custom races, I'd actually rather start at the back on my own creations.

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Racer & Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

Can i remove a race that I've published?

MarcusDaze
  • MarcusDaze

Racer & Race Creator

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

I started my Xbox and found it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users