Content Creator Wishlist/Suggestions

162 replies to this topic
LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:17 PM

Capture creator is coming next. Should get info in the next news wire.

MrMattAdz
  • MrMattAdz

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

Capture creator is coming next. Should get info in the next news wire.

Hooray for progress! Maybe now people will actually play this game mode.

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

Hopefully they release the vehicle deathmatch creator alongside it. It seems that vehicle deathmatches are played so infrequently that Rockstar would probably release it without much in the way of an announcement. 

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:42 PM

@Stronktank

Thanks for the summary, but I'm sad you missed my ghost mode suggestion. Mine was different than deffjeff's.

Let me explain again to see what others think of it. -

------

I want a setting that allows everyone to race as a ghost. Not just a ghost doing their previous lap times.

In a race when you hold down Y, after you respawn, other cars can't collide with you, and you can't collide with them temporarily - you drive straight through each other. I want a setting that allows this to be in effect for the entire duration of a race. Meaning, no dirty racing, no bottlenecks, no disadvantaged start locations.

Similar to Trials Evolution multiplayer, where everyone can race in a single lane without repercussion.

------

Another suggestion -

Lapped point to point races.

Sound counterintuitive? Let me explain:

There's many races going down mountains. I have one myself. If I wanted to go down the mountain several times in a single race, I'd have to have incorporate up hill driving (driving back up the mountain). I want a setting where I wouldn't have to do that. Where I can make a point to point going down the mountain, and when I drive through the last checkpoint in the race, it will respawn me at the start location on my NEXT lap.

This could also be used on any race where you've got a path you're happy with, but weaving it back to the beggining to race the path again would make the race tedious.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:35 AM

@BridgeHat

I like the last idea of being able to respawn at the beginning of the race so you can turn point to point to a lap type of race. Maybe you could have a couple choices like 1. you teleport as soon as cross the finish line 2. you teleport as a group kinda like how heat races would be and the slowest could get DNQ for the next round

Zorvaine
  • Zorvaine

Honor Among Thieves.

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:18 PM Edited by Zorvaine, 06 March 2014 - 04:20 PM.

My share of improvements I would add to the content creator:

- More time settings. So far we have Nigh, Noon, Morning and Current. Night which is 21.00 is only half dark, it's practically sunset. There is a huge difference in darkness between 21.00 and 01.00. We need 01.00 as an option.

- More weather options. Fog, sandstorms, heavy rain (and possibly even snow) We see these in single player yet they're not an option in the creator.

- Add all weapons to the creator. So far all the DLC added weapons including the Beach Bum ones which came before the creator got released, didn't make it as a viable option.

- Add the rest of the missing vehicles. There's basically only 33% of them in. 

- Extend prop limit. Vehicles take up a good amount of Model Memory yet props don't. This can easily be done.

- Add a mirrored prop of the light sign because there's only 1 facing in one direction while all other signs have both directions.

- Reduce prop/vehicle position radius. The props/vehicles aren't even touching the walls some times yet they turn red. Helicopters and titans don't need that much space around them.

- Light source props. 

- Message props. Say a player approached a sign and he presses a button and then receives a message on his screen. This is for instructional deathmatches, missions, captures etc. to help guide people or for those who didn't bother reading the description to know what's going on.

- When going into first person mode, make it so the character doesn't rapidly run. When I gently tilt my controller's stick forward, my character starts sprinting which can be annoying to position a delicate prop.

- Possibly reduce minimum checkpoint distance from 0.62 miles to 0.31 miles in a lap race.  (This is mostly a personal matter, I made a lap race on-top of a building for motorcycles and I cannot finish it due to this. It would make it so there must be at least 2 laps which would compensate for the 0.62 miles so technically it would still be 0.62 miles.)

- A larger distance between checkpoints.

- Adding props to air races. Mostly due to those who can stack props, imagine making giant floating obstacles or circles high in the air.

- Extend player limit to 16 in air races.

- Promote prop stacking/clipping. (I'm still worried that this might get patched but it actually expands the creative possibilities much higher!)

- Fix matchmaking. I know the chances of getting someones job drastically reduced since people were complaining that most created jobs are horrid (which I completely agree with) but what if those who have, say more than 1000 likes get a slightly higher chance of getting people in. So let's say getting something R* verified/created is 65%, a random well liked/played job 25% and a random not much played job 15%.

- More distance to place the yellow marker on the stunt jump camera.

- The ability to select the color of any prop. Some matches mostly look like junkyards with props looking out of place and unfitting. Camouflaging them would work. Blending them in the environment.

- Make it so that if you crash your car into the big gas tank (dynamic prop) in a normal non-GTA race that it blows up with the driver. 

- Rotating props. Next to what we have with manual rotation, add a 90° 180° 270° automatic option or maybe even a detect nearby wall/fence etc. to help set it perfectly. 

- Make all indoor areas accessible.

- Toggle to disable Reveal Players in a match.

- Make it so you can disable custom sanchez's in off-road races.

- Double creators. 2 people entering creator mode and building something together.

- Vehicles being placed in races. They would be un-enterable/un-drivable. 
  • stronktank likes this

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:52 PM Edited by GTARACER93, 06 March 2014 - 02:53 PM.

Sounds stupid but how about the ability to use your custom cars in testing?

Problem with stock testing is you can't get to grips with how 90% of people are going to be racing your track. 

The valid test still has to be done with stock cars. 

Just add the ability to test  with custom cars. Some tracks change a lot with customs. 

Also like DM  allow us to test vs Ai drivers. Again to see if a track has too many players or not enough or a checkpoint is too  off when  there are a few players going for it. 

• Mar7in likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:25 PM

Good suggestions.

I hope eventually we will have most if not all of the natural map props available to us to use. What I mean by that is anything currently in the map that moves when you hit it with a car should be placeable...and inversely should be removeable if it already exists.

I know I have a track where I made it so a short cut can be used and it ran great in test mode...but in the real race there is a property sale sign in the gap. The maps should be the same.

My biggest gripe is with the out of car camera when placing checkpoints and props...why does it not allow us to look horizontally down the road? And why is it a physical object with a huge ass that will not allow me to look under bridges or in tunnels...forcing me to go to car mode?
  • Mar7in and stronktank like this

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 06 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

Good suggestions.

I hope eventually we will have most if not all of the natural map props available to us to use. What I mean by that is anything currently in the map that moves when you hit it with a car should be placeable...and inversely should be removeable if it already exists.

I know I have a track where I made it so a short cut can be used and it ran great in test mode...but in the real race there is a property sale sign in the gap. The maps should be the same.

My biggest gripe is with the out of car camera when placing checkpoints and props...why does it not allow us to look horizontally down the road? And why is it a physical object with a huge ass that will not allow me to look under bridges or in tunnels...forcing me to go to car mode?

Is there any way the OP can go through the thread and make a index, table of contents, or anything that would help ppl not have scroll through every post and to cut down on repeats

Speaking of placing props and CP's why is my vehicle/avatar blocking the placement of a CP or prop. It should just be a visual aid not a actual object.

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:33 PM

I dont know if this has been mentioned but i think we need stop sign and slow down signs for props. Ppl in custom races just go full speed into every corner all the time. Most of my tracks have high speed corners and low speed corners.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

To add to what Iroquois, others, and myself have said about signs.  Of course i want Forza GT guide lines that go green to red, i would also like to have traffic signs that are on the road like those painted road signs that are huge.  That way we dont have to worry about signs being blocked by plants, cars, or other crap

Mar7in
  • Mar7in

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

To add my two cents worth.

I'd like the prop limit raised too I've had to compromise a couple of great races because of running out towards the end of a route. Also increased control over prop placement.

The limited selection of ramps is a joke, Wider ramps, concave and convex ramps, Half pipes, quater pipes earth berms would all be a major improvement. Stacking ramps is popular now but total control over ramps would be much better.

I would like to be able to place aerial checkpoints in land races.

Control over trees, posts, poles, signs & trees shrubs armco, fences ect. 

Dual checkpoints to create multi route races. 

Open races so people could choose whatever vehicle they wanted  and linked with that higher betting limits and dare I say, PINK SLIPS.

Some fool recons his entity is quicker than my Issy Weeny. I'd like him to be able to put his money where his mouth is.

Finally, I would really like BURNING WRECKAGE :) This would be AWESOME in night races.

Mart.

ProsRis
  • ProsRis

Player Hater

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:36 PM

I wish that in gta online apartments there can be a weapons rack like the ones in ammunations... on the rack u can empty ur inventory of weapons and take only weapons u want and leave some u dnt need... jst a suggestion I would really like it added
  • robban likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 March 2014 - 02:12 PM

I wish that in gta online apartments there can be a weapons rack like the ones in ammunations... on the rack u can empty ur inventory of weapons and take only weapons u want and leave some u dnt need... jst a suggestion I would really like it added

That would be nice but it does not have much to do with the content creator :)
  • LambentBunny likes this

Scarlet
  • Scarlet

• The Connection
  • Netherlands

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:47 PM

I'm hoping for them to release the mission creator as currently I'm having a project which would make an awesome mission.

multi3352
  • multi3352

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

ive been waiting so long for content creator. all im waiting for is wider race checkpoints cos f*ck how are we supposed to get up to 16 ppl round a corner all taking 1 of 3 lines ... would be nice cos sometimes you like go half on the pavement at a corner and miss it .....

For deathmatches f*ck me did they ever play n64 or anything? those games i swear always had really customisable options, i know it was split screen but still come on would love some different ways to balance death matches. just making a primarily melee deathmatch staging a fight between 2 groups at a location, and have placed weapons radially so to go find a weapon you have to go away from where the fight starts, in the middle area, but the spawn poitns are a bit sucky.. what with starting points and then the other spawn points, its not bad but it would be nice to have another style where teams always start from there own teams spawn points.. maybe not the start points, but have the same team1/2 for spawn points and allow us to mix it up if need be... just nice to have more options.

Another thing about death matches is GUN STATS... balancing a map would be easier if it showed that. WEIRD CATEGORIES for the guns too. like mock classes but you cant force classes..
Would be nice to have drops that can only be picked up once and or customisable refresh times... something like that, for sure.
(and anyone noticed the names for thigns seem different to other places too, colour names called 'gun metal' and 'black poly' ...)

thatll do for now..

id think the capture creator will come out soon, seems set up to be released as something, would make sense, release some random vehicles too

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

Mainly I just want more props.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

the link not changing everytime you update a race

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 03:50 AM

Or better yet make roads on top of the water. 

Hello Rainbow Road.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

the link not changing everytime you update a race

What are you refering to here? All of my links here in the forum still work even after I updated all the races for the new vehicles. This would indicate the url is the same.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:06 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 30 March 2014 - 03:23 AM.

@luap yllier The link always changes for me when i update a race Is this just a PS3 thing?
example i nominated High Speed Ring in approved races thrread got advised to change title and description after i changed the link was differant

edit in the share box it gives you a new link but the old one works as well

DNFs should lose their right to vote!

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

Effects - Adding timed effects to an area, for example wreckage.  Such as, but not limited to: Explosions, Fire, Electric sparks, Fireworks, etc...  Could be used in a similar manner to stunt jumps where you mark an area, whenever a car crosses through the effect is activated. With the ability to limit by time how often it can be activated.

Respawning dynamic props - Similarly to the other dynamic props already in the game, your dynamic props should be able to respawn once there aren't any cars within viewing distance

More starting options for races: I'd love some sort of an interval start to use in certain races, instead of one giant heat. Such as the classic rally start, where you just need room for 1 car in the starting grid, and the cars instead start with 30 second intervals. No more huge clusterf*cks of 16 cars trying to take the same line through the first turn and get together in the same lane, no more advantage to unclean racers who go out of their way to send you spinning in the first 5 seconds of the race. They gotta catch you to screw you up, any car you catch up with you will already have a 30 second advantage on, regardless of how many times they ram you.  And it would also greatly increase the creative freedom in the game. With this, it would also be possible to create BIGGER races, which would be especially cool for bicycles, and hopefully sometime in the future, triathlons.

Ability to place out vehicles in races also, not only death matches. 

A more diverse set of barriers, such as curved barriers. And the ability to lock suitable barriers onto each other.

Stacking, people found ways do this, but R* says it's agains't the rules.  Why!?  It's obvious it's something people wanna do, and all you're doing is limiting their creative abilities.

Multi-vehicle races.  I'd love to have a race go by car only to switch over to a helicopter or plane, that you use to get far out to sea where you do a parachute session to reach the boats below, and get back to land.  Or climb Mt. Chilliad in a sanchez, only to jump off the edge and parachute down to the finish line.

Non-GTAmode speed boosts.

@luap yllier The link always changes for me when i update a race Is this just a PS3 thing?
example i nominated High Speed Ring in approved races thrread got advised to change title and description after i changed the link was differant

DNFs should lose their right to vote!

Why? They should have every right to vote that you do... Just because they often dislike tracks doesn't mean all people do, and if you DNF because a track is really sh*tty you'd like that ability to vote dislike. It is annoying when people vote dislike just because they didn't perform well, but it's also their right so long as we're gonna have a functional voting system. Just as some people often like tracks just because they won. It's the bias of humanity, not a flawed system.

• paulmgrath likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

I like those ideas...especially the rally start but 30 seconds way too long...I would say 5 seconds is enough to make it functional some races are barely 30 seconds long lol.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

I like those ideas...especially the rally start but 30 seconds way too long...I would say 5 seconds is enough to make it functional some races are barely 30 seconds long lol.

Yeah, I used that as an example of how it's done IRL. I'm thinking a GTA implementation would be to have time increments of 5 seconds up to 30 where the creator could choose the interval default (could also be changed in lobby).  A 10 minute endurance PtP would defiantly benefit from 30 second intervals, but for a short lap race for example you only need a few seconds interval between each player to space them out decently.

Which reminds me of another thing, ability to re-use previous checkpoints instead of having to layout the grid to allow for crossovers. And choose which checkpoint to lap at for lap races. (For example, you start, drive PtP for 3-4 checkpoints before the laps start, at this point the 3-4 first checkpoints won't be used for any of the laps, but could be used again for the finish line.) 

• paulmgrath likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

I think the checkpoint spacing limitations should only apply to adjacent checkpoints...ones directly conected together by blue lines.
  • coach_wargo and paulmgrath like this

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:49 AM

I think the checkpoint spacing limitations should only apply to adjacent checkpoints...ones directly conected together by blue lines.

Agreed, but the ability to reuse checkpoints mid race would still be useful to make for example figure 8's with crossovers less clustered, and give the creator a better overview.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 19 March 2014 - 03:56 PM

Just remembered something else...

When writing descriptions, either a real-time letter count, or at least making sure the whole description isn't deleted the moment you exceed 500 letters.  Leave it up to be edited instead of clearing it, so f*cking annoying every time you gotta write it over again to see if it fits -.-

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 12:47 AM

Will never happen, but...

A flooded Los Santos for water races. Racing between buildings on a seashark would be sweet. Better yet, if all the water was rushing downhill.

• budcat likes this

budcat
  • budcat

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

My wife (a total non-gamer) had a clever idea which I wish I could implement, a vehicular triathalon: first motorcycle race to cars to race to planes to race to the finish.  Too bad it's not really possible.

SecludedMemory
  • SecludedMemory

Lysergified

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:59 PM Edited by SecludedMemory, 01 April 2014 - 03:28 PM.

Most of these have been said, all deathmatch related:

-TEAM-f*ckING-SPECIFIC RESPAWNS 

-Ability to place AI-piloted helicopters that players spawn in that either hover or have user-defined paths

-Deathmatch out-of-bounds barrier. Players can leave and can still fire, but maybe they appear on everyone's radar right away or start taking damage/insta-death at a certain range or something.

-More defined settings for your deathmatch that can't players can't change, i.e. radar disabled, phones disabled (excluding other players), no bull shark testosterone, no kill/death streak screen, etc.  

-Gusenberg sweeper. I'm making a mob-themed DM right now and I was really disappointed to find it missing. 

-A minor gripe, but it's missing a lot of non-combat vehicles. Obviously not a big deal since it's deathmatch and not racing.  

-Set damage level of placed vehicles. i.e. you can place a vehicle that's smoking or even one that's catching fire. 

-Being able to invite a few players to a test would be nice. Maybe even to a build itself (it's possible in free roam...) I don't see how having 3 other players mixed in with the bots wouldn't be possible. The AI just doesn't cut it when it comes to properly testing a lot of the ideas I put into my maps, and I actually want them properly tested (using vehicles, dynamic props, traps, etc. how they were intended) before pressing publish. 

-Fix the damn ammo bug related to forced/pickup only weapon settings. It's the only setting I use on deathmatches because I think it's really the only way to do it and greatly enhances the experience for everyone involved, but the ammo bug is an unacceptable issue that pisses a lot of people off.  

• stronktank likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users