» «
Photo

Content Creator Wishlist/Suggestions

162 replies to this topic
deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:25 PM Edited by deffjeff87, 26 February 2014 - 08:51 PM.

deleted post by user

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Streamer

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:40 AM

1) Higher prop limit

3) Re-sizing of props / checkpoints

4) Support for floating props / checkpoints

5) Ability to force being drunk / stoned, force wanted level, force camera angle, force settings on/off e.g. customs, traffic, catchup

I absolutely LOVE that idea :p  Others I quoted are things I agree with aswell that I noticed.

Also, the ability to LOCK props in place before adjusting their angles(and size if your idea gets through) for more accurate placement.

And one thing that's been annoying me...  Turn off not only traffic, but the damn parked cars.  Going through a parking lot and having a car spawn in a parking space just where the perfect race line goes kinda screws you up, especially if the area is narrow to begin with.  I'd also love to be able to turn off pedestrians randomly walking onto ramps, props, etc...  That's why I turn off traffic, because the race shouldn't have those damn interruptions...  So why screw us over with parked cars and pedestrians(Which don't matter that much for cars, but becomes a real nuisance on bicycles/motorcycles)?

• stronktank likes this

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:18 PM

I would also like to have a ghost vehicle(a car racing your previous lap/race)

I like the ability to force certain settings for the race...its dumb to have a wanted lvl but you have to throw away the race to raise your wanted lvl or ramp into the base/airport or lock it to gta mode

I would also like to be able to add vehicles like in DM that way i can make really long races and not have ppl being force to respawn instead they can just hop in another vehicle

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO ADD CERTAIN TYPE OF CHECKPOINTS THAT HAVE A WAY TO DISPLAY THE MESSAGES: SLOW, SPEED UP, CURVED LEFT/RIGHT, SHARP LEFT/RIGHT(i know the 3 arrows means sharp left but it goes by checkpoint placement not actual road direction)

I dont know if i already mentioned this but i would like a TIME/WEATHER DIAL to set the actual time cause there has been times I select morning and its around 10am not 6-7am. And for the weather dial it would be nice to select how much rain, thunder, lightning, clouds vs sunshine, and wheres the wind by the way

Theres a left/right traffic sign that looks like it can light up but it doesnt so fix that

The dynamic barrel/barrel line it has one direction for the arrows

This was already mentinod by OP we should be able to have GTA mode but have the DM matches...i just want the boost rockets and health not the guns, explosives, etc

This sounds mean but i want to be able to lockdown a room pretty much trap a player in the lobby

It would be nice to have a clean racing line(GT, FORZA, PGR) so players can know where/how they can race your map

I think this is all for now and i also forgot some stuff that i want

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:39 PM Edited by BridgeHat, 06 February 2014 - 11:44 PM.

(EDIT: As you can see, I didn't read the post above. LOL - However, I didn't want it just for seeing previous laps, but for other players in the race to be seen as ghosts and to act as ghosts)

Ghost mode in racing.

Meaning all other players in the game can't touch or affect you. Multiple people can be in the same location without repercussion. All other players are slightly transparent.

Traffic could be disabled during ghost mode to avoid conflict between multiple ghost vehicles interacting with a particular vehicle. OR it the physics could be left as is, and people could use traffic as a medium to harm others.

---

Ghost mode could be used by players who want to race 'clean' and also to avoid bottle necks in particular types of tracks, allowing them to be raced without disadvantage.

An example would be Trials Evolution, or your general racing games that represent previous laps times visually with a ghost vehicle.

Thoughts?

• Alvarez and deffjeff87 like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

Meep.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:23 AM Edited by SirMichaelRocks23, 07 February 2014 - 03:24 AM.

Don't know if this is already an option, but I'd love to see a true vehicular deathmatch. I was thinking of making a Lazer Team Deathmatch that spans from Fort Zancudo, all the way to Sandy Shores.

Maybe call it the "Battle of the Blaine Plains," since this deathmatch will pretty much span the lowlands of Blaine County. If I could make it 8v8, this would be a massive dogfight; one we've never seen in GTA Online. Of course, there needs to be several things implemented for this to truly work..

-Official Team Spawns like Halo, so teammates from Sandy Shores don't spawn in Fort Zancudo, and vice versa.

-Turn off the bloody-red screen when you're slaughtering everybody.

I doubt R* will ever be able to code this properly, but a man can dream, right? :sigh:

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:41 AM

The ability to renumber checkpoints had to delete half my race to move starting grid :/

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 07 February 2014 - 01:13 PM.

The ability to renumber checkpoints had to delete half my race to move starting grid :/

Im afraid that is purely due to lack of knowledge. All points can be moved. You can insert points anywhere in a race or delet any unneeded points. To move the grid to an entirely new location you need to move the trigger first.
  • stronktank likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:01 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 07 February 2014 - 03:01 PM.

@LuapYllier
I did the trigger but the checkpoints at ghe old grid were numbered starting at 1, once i deleted the checkpoints 1 to 12 where the new starting grid was the ones after the grid renumbred themselves automatically.
Inserting wouldn't have worked nor just moving them renumbering would have saved alot of time unless im still missing something

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:06 PM

Oh i see. Your looking to rotate the entire track around...I did that a couple times...yeah no real easy way to do so. Maybe an option to select an existing checkpoint and "convert to grid" which would put said checkpoint back on your cursor as the grid. Place it and immediately be asked to replace the trigger. That would auto renumber the course. I get you now.
  • paulmgrath likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 06:05 PM

@LuapYllier Thats a perfect idea and exactly what i needed to change a C/P to the starting grid then renumber the rest of the C/Ps automatically :)
  • stronktank likes this

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

i guess this is more of a over all wish for races

I would like to see racing events/tournaments like a actual nascar/f1/grand prix race that has max lobbies run heats/laps/point-point races and slowest time is elimiated till you have the final 16 then they have a final race that earns a few million dollars for first place. play list are nice but a actually event would be better though

BazzyB
  • BazzyB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:35 AM Edited by BazzyB, 12 February 2014 - 11:44 AM.

Higher props

painted kerbs

Sponsored Barriers e.g atmoic Tires, Los Santos Customs etc

Also is anyone familiar with the dunlop bridge at Donnington GP circuit or Le Mans?  An Atomic Tire bridge would be pretty cool?

https://www.google.c...ridge;1623;1080

Not sure if I have missed it or if there a is a quick trick but I would really benefit from an undo button, does anyone else think this?

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:44 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

Fix the damn creator freezing or have it save as you go along, froze as i was placing my last prop 90 minutes wasted and another 90 trying to figure out where i put everything first time :/
I should have saved it manually, i learnt the hard way

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:00 PM

Allow us to

stack or semi cover chkpts and spawn points.

For spawn points(SP) you should be able to place SP close to each other if there some type of physical barrier to view

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Increase our bookmark limit mines full after 30 or so creations

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:10 AM Edited by deffjeff87, 26 February 2014 - 08:57 PM.

deleted post by user

rean2
  • rean2

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

I want the ability to change Checkpoint sizes, similar to Midnight Club, this way we can have more possibilities for shortcuts.

Maybe scripte events to, such as if this object is destroyed than ____

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Love the ghost mode suggestion.
Uh, something racing-unrelated: i'd love to see the Golf Course editor, mainly because of golfing in Blaine County and everywhere else: you know, break some glasses, headshots with golfballs, searching for balls in impassable terrain, like Ballas territory, all this kind of fun.
  • deffjeff87 likes this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

sponsor boards/hoardings would be cool

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:39 AM

I want to be able to place trees and other natural props.

Also, more signs like "slow" or "hazard."

these would help my offroad tracks a lot.
  • stronktank likes this

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

1. Ability to delete natural props (ie. trees, light poles, fixed trailers, barriers ect.)

2. Increase the number of props from 50 to at least 150.

3. Add an automatic prop alignment function (ie. you put 2 ramps side by side it automatically lines them up perfectly, same for barriers).

4. Add more props, and more prop classes. It would be nice to have road coarse style red and white rumble strips for example.

5. Make it so that friends can share creations. Like I could create a part of a race then pass it off to a friend to finish it.

• deffjeff87 and paulmgrath like this

dedeto
  • dedeto

ananızı sikim orospu šocukları

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:44 PM

Updating should not reset a job unless spawn points,min/max players change

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Similar to Knifeflight checkpoints for air races, i'd like to see Drift Checkpoints, which can be passed only with partial grip loss.

Also, Noclip function for normal checkpoints, so it can be placed on difficult terrain.

guitarone01
  • guitarone01

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

May have already been mentioned, but the ability to limit races to using a certain vehicle. Not just a class, but a particular vehicle in that class.

GreenReign
  • GreenReign

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 February 2014 - 10:43 PM

May have already been mentioned, but the ability to limit races to using a certain vehicle. Not just a class, but a particular vehicle in that class.

You can already do that I believe. It's kind of buried in the options, however.

stronktank
  • stronktank

#stronk

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 22 February 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by stronktank, 22 February 2014 - 12:24 AM.

So, I posted a summary of the best suggestions (in my opinion) on R* Support! Vote for it so R* takes note!

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200859906-Content-Creator-Wishlist-Suggestions-from-GTAforums-com

Content Creator Wishlist/Suggestions from GTAforums.com

At gtaforums.com there is a Content Creator sub-forum with a Content Creator "Wishlist/Suggestions" topic where some great ideas have come up. So I made a summary.

PROPS WISHLIST

• Paint to write on concrete roads or walls. To paint words, lines and arrows.
  • Letter message boards (with about 5 letters). (slow, fast, speed, jump, brake, curve, sharp, turn,... etc)
  • More ramp options.
  • Natural props: mud ramps, trees, rocks, etc.
  • Sponsored props (LS customs, Clucking Bell,... etc).
  • Small bridges.
  • Very low props to help jump over small barriers.

PROP IMPROVEMENT

• Dynamic barrel line: arrows pointing in two directions instead of one
  • The electric sign only points left. Ability to make it point right too.

TOP SUGGESTIONS:

• Ability to create marathons! Or mutliple vehicle races (start on foot, take a bycicle, swim, motorcycle, parachute.) Or foot races only.
  • Shorter lap option: If your race is under 'x' amount of miles the race has to have at least 'y' amount of laps (locked minimum).
  • Fantastic idea by DrAtomic1: Player Made Content Poolhttp://support.rockstargames.com/hc/communities/public/questions/200685716-Player-Made-Content-Pool
  • Ability to force being drunk/stoned!
  • Higher prop limit!
  • Unlock the restricted areas
  • A time and weather dial. Time dial in hours and weather dial divided into lightning, rain, sunshine, cloudds, thunder, wind speed, etc. Especially good to make air or water races more interesting.
  • Golf matches to be made in the city or on the countryside.
  • Trigger to turn off randomly spawning parked vehicles and pedestrians.
  • Multiple creators: ability to work on a creation with multiple players.

OTHER SUGGESTIONS

• Magnetic prop option to allign props.
  • Ability to convert checkpoint to Starting Grid.
  • A magnetic prop function to allign props
  • Ability to lock down race modes (i.e. take out any combination of Normal,G TA, GTA Team or Rally).
  • Ability to preset catchup and custom cars.
  • Ability to lock down presets (i.e. force the map to be played at night time).
  • Ability to delete existing fences, trees, barriers, wooden telegraph pole, etc.
  • Ability to put parked vehicles in every category of the race creator.
  • Ability to make marked points (GPS) in DM, TDM and race.
  • Smaller DM respawn points.
  • Ability to set a wanted level.
  • Ability to place police roadblocks.
  • Allow the same weapon settings in GTA race that's allowed for DM.
  • Small boat grids for jetski races.
  • Add option to show estimated payout totals based on distance and max players.
  • Ability to make races underwater.
  • Re-sizing of props/checkpoints.
  • Support for floating props/checkpoints.
  • Props in air races.
  • Choose custom measures of success e.g. point per car destroyed.
  • Allow trucks in races.
  • Ghost vehicles (a vehicle racing your previous lap/race).
  • paulmgrath likes this

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:44 PM

you can you have to highlight the class like Super, then hit Expand(i think its X on 360 Square on PS3) then just deselect every vehicle you dont want in the race

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:57 AM

I just want the basic ability to make vehicle deathmatches. The current Lazer battles need some serious improvement. 

MrMattAdz
  • MrMattAdz

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

It's been kind of said already, but I feel that the ability to have triathlon style races would be fantastic.

For example, you could make one that started off with a dirtbike section starting of a mountain and finishing at the peek. You would then drive your bikes off of a jump or something, and then bailing off while in mid-air to start a parachute jump section. Finally, you would land by the entrance to one of the rivers going either side of fort zancudo, get on some jetskis, and race through the rapids before finishing the race at the entrance to the ocean. 

Bearing in mind that these races would probably be quite a lot longer than your average event, R* could make it so you would be rewarded for your performance in each section, so you would get the same amount of money from doing one triathlon as doing 3 separate races.

MrMattAdz
  • MrMattAdz

Rat

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:15 PM

Oh and the ability to make events other than deathmatches and races. Maybe not missions, but stuff like survival or capture events would be cool.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users