Photo

Content Creator Wishlist/Suggestions

162 replies to this topic
DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:56 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 21 January 2014 - 08:56 PM.

1). Ability to lock down race modes (i.e. take out any combination of Normal, GTA, GTA Team or Rally).

2). Ability to preset catchup and custom cars.

3). Ability to lock down presets (i.e. force the map to be played at night time).

4). Add speed cameras to dynamic objects (when selecting speed should be selected, if player goes faster police is triggered if police is set to on).

5). Add wide and extra wide checkpoints, this would allow to create more "real" racing tracks instead of having to funnel everyone into the checkpoints.

6). Add ability to set number of heats (i.e. instantly start grid again after finishing a race with start order by finish order; great for drag races and the like). Sorta of a mini playlist based on a single job.

7). Unlock the restricted areas so we can create content there (Fort Zanuco, Airport, etc).

8). Allow multiple grids, say a blue grid and a green grid with blue and green checkpoints but shared finish, so that we can create races that start at different points. A team mode on this would be great.

9). Ability to allow classless races (where players can race any car outside of a predefined class with the limits imposed by the maps creator (i.e. motorcycles disabled).
  • GroundZero, MookStunna, deffjeff87 and 2 others like this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

I agree 1, 2, and 5 definately needed. 9 I like but not begging for. The others I could do without but there isnt anything wrong with them. Not too sure about the speed cameras though.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:54 PM

ability to take out fences and trees and those damn wooden telegraph poles
  • deffjeff87 likes this

hungpaul22
  • hungpaul22

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 12:43 AM

The ability to make cooperative jobs,parachuting jobs, and survivals.

Quit holding out, R*.
  • stronktank, tidoubleggrr and Jokesterkillz like this

HorrA1985
  • HorrA1985

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Mainly Fix the issue with jump ramps for bikes !!!

then:

Ability to put a parked vehicles every category into race creator.

Ability to make marked points (GPS) in DM, TDM and race.

BitPieStudios
  • BitPieStudios

Doggie Goils. :U

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:56 AM Edited by BitPieStudios, 23 January 2014 - 07:57 AM.

I have a genius idea.

How about for races, to not have... and vehicle at all? The abilty to make footraces.

And if you set the "vehicle" to on foot, it would give you the ability to place vehicles on the map.

It would be even better if there were special checkpoints that told you stuff like "Get in (x) vehicle" before the next checkpoint unlocks. So just enough of that vehicle could spawn for every person. That was, people could make, say, bike races that lead to foot races, then to a class of car they set!

• DrAtomic, Enmonado and Luissantiago9 like this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

More a wish/suggestion based off the lack of ability to find and play user made content then directly related to the content creator itself:

http://support.rocks...de-Content-Pool

As of this writing there are close to 800.000 jobs made so far for the XBOX and a similar amount for the PS3. Everywhere players are desperatly spamming their jobs in order to try and get some plays, only those with youtube channels seem to succeed.

Having been pretty active myself trying to find the gems that fellow players have made, I've come to the conclusion that adding spammed jobs are no indication of value and that finding value through the socialclub website is near impossible as it's pretty cumbersome getting past the first 100 jobs that you've allready screened.

The numbers clearly indicate that players love making these jobs, but looking through them it is also clear that almost everyone struggles to get plays.

The jobs that have gotten verified by Rockstar all have youtube promotions behind them. The quality of those jobs varies (some solid contreversy about some of them).

As such I would like to ask Rokstar to consider adding a Player Made Content Pool and lobby system.

Player Made Content Pool

Create a player content pool that works like the normal job voting screen but require jobs to qualify for that pool:
1). Jobs need to have 10 positive votes
2). Jobs need to have 10 plays

If both conditions are met the jobs qualify and are added to the Player Content Pool, all jobs that meet the following requirement are then reviewed by Rockstar:
1a). Jobs that have over a 1000 votes
OR
1b). Jobs that have over a 1000 plays

Jobs that reach either target (1a or 1b) but without getting a high enough rating are automaticlly removed from the player content pool and thus don't qualify for getting certified, then can still be played as bookmarks but arent part of the pool anymore.

Upon entering the pool all the job stats are reset. Also jobs that are in the pool are unable to gain plays and votes from direct play, only votes and plays gathered through the pool count.

At every 100 plays or votes the job gets automaticlly removed from the content pool if it has a rating below 60%.

Player Made Content Lobby
1). Can be joined from the map from specific markers placed at landmarks
2). Can be joined from the Online menu

A). Join joins a random open spot
B). Host gives option to limit amount of people from 2 to 16.
C). When on the start job screen players will be added from the join pool untill host set limit is reached.
D). After a new job is voted for players will be joined up to the max from the join pool untill the host either launches or times out the wait.

A system like that would make player content easily accessible for all players, instead of having to go through the same jobs over and over till you find something interesting to add, making it hard to find fun content. But it would also force players to actually play and test their jobs before spamming crap to everyone. It will also propel those jobs forward that are the true gems, thus making life for Rockstar a lot easier as well. Win-win for all involved it'd say.

Even with this system in place, players should still be able to announce their jobs like they are now in order to get the 10 plays and votes needed for the job to qualify and simply because they want to play their job if it's in or out of the pool. If it's in the pool votes don't count though.

TL;DR
Please create us a Player Made Content Pool and Lobby system seperate from the Rockstar and Rockstar verfified jobs system in order to make the player made content accesible.

• Enmonado, Mar7in and stronktank like this

stronktank
  • stronktank

stronkwave

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by stronktank, 23 January 2014 - 03:25 PM.

- The motorcycle jump errors are indeed a huge problem,...

- I'd also like to create marathons, starting on foot, motorcycle en cycles together!

- There should also be a possibility to add as a bookmark after played one within the game.

- Smaller deathmatch respawn points

- Ability to lock down type of vehicle (like only jetski in water races)

And great suggestion DrAtomic!! There could even be a seperate race lobby or deathmatch lobby.

• Enmonado likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Saw this posted in another thread somewhere...not my idea but a good one regardless.

Add an option when hosting a job to be placed in a que. The system will find say 4 hosted jobs of the same type (race, dm etc) then combine them into a playlist and put all of the hosts into one lobby, including any additional players they had with them. When the playlist proceeds to the next race the host changes to whoever originally hosted that race.

4 host 4 custom jobs...each gets three additional votes.

xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx
  • xIlIxGHOSTxIlIx

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

Ability to insert cars but make them undriveable. That way they can be just for looks.

coach_wargo
  • coach_wargo

The One Who Knocks

• D1RTY12
  • United-States
  • Best Snapmatic [Vehicle] 2013

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

I want to insert vehicles into race and make them drivable. This way you could create a race using boats, cars and aircraft.

I also want to bring back the Canonball Run races. Start on foot and have to make your way to the finish by any means possible.

• DrAtomic likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

Allow us to set a wanted level that applies to all the racers from the start line when GTA race is chosen.

Allow us to place police roadblocks manually to steer a GTA race.
  • davetopper likes this

TommyTightShoes
  • TommyTightShoes

Muggy c*nt

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Ability to see fastest ever lap Times on a track.

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:41 AM Edited by B3astGTS, 25 January 2014 - 03:48 AM.

1.Unlock Restricted areas (Airport, Fort)

2. Allow the same weapon settings in GTA race that they allow for DM

3. Small boat grids for jetski races

4. Add option to show estimated payout totals based on distance and max players

5. Add option to lock to multiple vehicles without allowing custom vehicles

6. Add option to remove existing barriers and props

7. Add option to set checkpoint height restrictions so players can better utilize multi-story structures

Edit:

8. One more I just thought of though it's a longshot. I'd like to be able to toggle on a "heat map" view of the map to see how highly checkpointed an area/street is between all of the races that have been created thus far.

• deffjeff87 and BXRiff like this

John Gotti1
  • John Gotti1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

We Want To Listen To Music Off Our Console And Be Able To Listen To Music In Our 500 $ Beat Headphones Tired Of The Same Songs
Take Off Bad Sport Of Yesterday A Random Guy Starts To Shoot At Me And My Friends And We Started To Shoot Back But Im The One Who Ended Up Killing Him But At The Same Time His Personal Car Exploded And I Lost 12 Grand

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:34 AM

I want races to be able to be made underwater.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 02:25 AM

ways to fix the broken content creator

Hey just some ideas for R* Content Creator
1. Create separate lobbies specially for created content and break them up into sections like recently created,1 2 3 4+ weeks old. Cause it's hard to get 1 freaking person to try my races when they want to do missions or R* created content!

1. Some type of optional checkpoints or maybe the use of the GPS. Example in the middle of the city there's a concrete park with wide streets surrounding it, to make it so the racer can go straight then take a left or take a left then go straight. Only problem is R* races are checkpoint to checkpoint with no thinking. When racers have options like in NFS Forza or in Burnout they get lost(then quit or I have to slow down) So a way to show shortcut would help out so much

2. Tire Lines of DOOM!!! Holy cap I love to use tire lines for the look of a race track BUT you can get stuck way n I mean way to easily when l cross over them

3. Actual working traffic signals. It sucks that I have a traffic sign that doesn't light up or actually point the arrow in the right directio(barrel lines) please let us to have signs that illumit so racers can see them more easily

4. Allow us to take a quick 7-157-15 video for racers to view on the social website or even in the lobby. I could get a lot more info from a video then a description or ONE PICTURE AND A CRAPPY MAP

5. I HATE HAVING A CUSTOM SUPPED UP CAR AND I HAVE TO DRIVE THAT UGLY BROWN STOCK CAR INSTEAD. I design maps for custom cars not stock. So i would like a option to use stock or custom in content creator

6. Allow us to rotate objects(props) in a 360 motion and enough with that error message saying that the area isn't clear or level.

7. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO TEST MY RACE WITH ADJUSTABLE AI. That way i can see if 16 racers is to many or want to test if a turn would be to hard for a certain lvl of racers

8. Holy crap it sucks testing a race all the way to the end to find out that you want to slightly move a checkpoint and what happens you have to restart the test from the beginning. Last track I made It took me a extra hour to finish cause I had to keep restart the whole test.

9. Being able to save my map to MY HARD DRIVE and not the cloud server unless I want them to be on there. R* CAN BE HIT OR MISS SOMETIMES SO IT WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE A BACK UP PLAN

10. Grid Checkpoints can be real hit and miss especially when it comes to level ground and being clear errors so a good solution would to be able to individually place the checkpoints. You could have racers start in different sections of the map(of course wit their own separate checkpoints)

11. I want to be able to have a TIME DIAL from 12 am -12

I KNOW THIS IS JUST A BETA BUT WHEN THE REAL VERSION COMES OUT THESE ISSUES SHOULD BE ADDRESSED CAUSE THESE THINGS+MORE NOT LISTED ARE GAME BREAKING!!!!

• Enmonado and KingRyujin-- like this

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

The traffic being able to pass through props is annoying as is how they just pop in too late sometimes
  • deffjeff87 likes this

mycintosh
  • mycintosh

Useless at Free-Aim

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 06:38 AM Edited by mycintosh, 29 January 2014 - 08:09 AM.

I have a genius idea.

How about for races, to not have... and vehicle at all? The abilty to make footraces.

And if you set the "vehicle" to on foot, it would give you the ability to place vehicles on the map.

It would be even better if there were special checkpoints that told you stuff like "Get in (x) vehicle" before the next checkpoint unlocks. So just enough of that vehicle could spawn for every person. That was, people could make, say, bike races that lead to foot races, then to a class of car they set!

You can do foot races. Block the starting grid in with barriers and set it as default to GTA.

Here is a proof of concept I just cobbled together:

http://socialclub.ro...Tw?platformId=1

although, because of the known Traffic-Bug sometimes it spawns random cars, which you can take, but can't much do with them.

• deffjeff87 likes this

stronktank
  • stronktank

stronkwave

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:25 PM

I have a genius idea.

You can do foot races. Block the starting grid in with barriers and set it as default to GTA.

Here is a proof of concept I just cobbled together:

http://socialclub.ro...Tw?platformId=1

although, because of the known Traffic-Bug sometimes it spawns random cars, which you can take, but can't much do with them.

Great way to do so! You can make marathons that way! Too bad you're on Xbox,...

• mycintosh likes this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:36 PM

ability to take out fences and trees and those damn wooden telegraph poles

^This

and being able to do a race with 4 people or so that can be done 1 at a time and times are compared at the end. Great for tight races where fitting 2 cars around certain corners at the same time is not practical and would cut down on "rubbing". Autocross style.

BridgeHat
  • BridgeHat

Square Civilian

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:06 AM

1) Higher prop limit

2) A flat world to build matches on

3) Re-sizing of props / checkpoints

4) Support for floating props / checkpoints

5) Ability to force being drunk / stoned, force wanted level, force camera angle, force settings on/off e.g. customs, traffic, catchup

6) Props in air races

7) Choose custom measures of success e.g. point per car destroyed

8) Not really creator, but... Allow trucks in races.

---

And plenty more that I can't think of right now. 

• Alvarez likes this

kungfuvip
  • kungfuvip

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

Tracmania style elements.
Wanted level trigger.
More unique elements for ramp

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:29 PM

I want one of those ramps from the airport...a full version minus the mini...and a half height version to get more forward momentum.

stronktank
  • stronktank

stronkwave

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:00 AM

And maybe message boards to put on races. 5 letter choice would be enough (SLOW, SPEED, JUMP, BRAKE).

• paulmgrath likes this

tidoubleggrr
  • tidoubleggrr

BMX Bandit

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

yep you all pretty much summed it up but my no. 1 wish is i really want the prop limit raised and more props added and better ramps ie. mud raps and the ability to design them ourselves also add parachutes in races i want to finis a bike races by jumping of something high and parachuting to the finish line and bmx freestyle races should have points for tricks rather then a start and finish line winners are decide by who had the best tricks going

cormaro
  • cormaro

Custom car collector

• Members

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:02 PM

We need mud and dirt props and rocks for rock climbing and mud bogging
  • XJpostman, deffjeff87 and Mondeller like this

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Shorter minimum lap length. I've made 2 tracks that I've had to modify into something I don't like as much just to add some length to the laps.
make it so that if your under "x" amount of miles you must have "y" amount of laps. I like short technical tracks!
  • Mondeller likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Agreed on the minimum. I have a series of tracks made for utility and .62 is definately too long for lawnmowers. With grinding the way it is though...and most races not vehicle locked...it would be difficult to impliment.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I was making a map and I thought to myself "hey why not have checkpoint to checkpoint but you can instead use a GPS for certain parts of the race so you can do some shortcuts"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users