Quantcast

» «
Photo

do you think rockstar should just reset everybody?

87 replies to this topic
Ruben2205
  • Ruben2205

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:27 PM

If they reset me, i'm done.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:33 PM Edited by poklane, 21 January 2014 - 09:33 PM.

If they reset me, I'll just stop playing GTA Online, and I know I wouldn't be the only one. Resetting the entire community could be a financial disaster for R*, because that will definitely cut DLC sales.

• Biohazard Abyss likes this

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

If rockstar reset everyone I would stop playing, I've put way to much time into my level 105 to start over.

• poklane likes this

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:46 PM

My lvl 258 has 900+ hours of gameplay. No way i'm restarting.

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:47 PM

How many f*cking times has this question been asked?!!

The answer is no, and it's always going to be a no, because doing that would kill its core fanbase, especially those who have been playing for 3 months, from ever playing it again!

End of discussion, now stop bringing up this idea.

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:50 PM

Actually if they do this I wouldn;t go back to single player, I'd find whatever RP/money glitches are left and exploit them like they were Vietnamese tailors.

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

"I think that would be the final straw for some people with this game."

^^^ QFT

They've taken enough from legit players as it is.  One more poor experience derived from yet another misguided choice from Rockstar will certainly cost them one player.  If I didn't already pay for this crap, I would be off this train already.

Looking forward to Rockstars big public apology...

Silky
  • Silky

Lifelong Millwall Fan

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Not such a tough question for me, I would say 'No' to resetting everybody.

I'm only a rank 105 but did it legitimately and it took me a fair few hours, so I would be slightly p!ssed if I was reset to 0 again. Especially as I've started a second character to try things differently and I've only got that one to rank 8 and I seriously cba with it, I just switch back to the main character for my play time.

But that's just my opinion of course.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:56 PM Edited by poklane, 21 January 2014 - 09:57 PM.

I hate to say this, but you need a break bro... a long break. Online is out for about ~110 days, so you would clock in with more than 8 hours gameplay each day on average... I'm not judging you, but for god's sake, take at least 1 week off...

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:57 PM Edited by DeathByGenocide, 21 January 2014 - 09:58 PM.

ppl having issues with someone being lvl 500, 800 or 1000 is fkn stupid, someone at lvl 1000 does not give them any advantage, they die just as easily as a lvl 100 player, a reset based on this is fkn retarded, now pick up your bottom lip, dust off your ego and worry about your own game fool.

AfterDeath
  • AfterDeath

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:58 PM

1. Delete all your GTA data OP

2. Some mod delete this thread
3. Problem deleted

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Boom Bap Rap

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

xd8000.gif

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:08 PM Edited by dzian, 21 January 2014 - 10:14 PM.

They should do a full reset before releasing new content and come down hard on cheats.

Theres only one reason hacking modding and exploiting has had such a huge negative effect on gta and that's cos rockstar was too slow to act.

If rockstar patched or even disabled sharing cash as soon as the nodded money started circulating it would have prevented it from spreading so widely. Theyd maybe only have had a few hundred billionaires to deal with instead of several thousands. There would be a lot less players with fully midded garages and pegasus vehicles and in general the issue would never have become so serious.

Its the same with ranks I noticed several of the names on my friendslist fly from rank 15ish to rank 100 in a couple of days using rp exploits. And yes rank does give advantage. Players having access to weapons and hardware only because they exploited there ranks. And weapons are a huge advantage. I dont mind players higher than me having better stuff. I do mind when people cheated to get it and arent punished.

They need to do a full reset and be more vigilant to hackers and exploiters hard amd fast.

Then release heists and other new content. If the content is up to scratch people will still play even if reset. Bit theres been so much damage done they really do need to do something major if they want the game to survive.

Failing that release it on next gen. And learn from theyre mistakes. Next gen would at least give players the option of a completely clean start.

It doesnt matter how quick hacks and exploits are found. What matters is how quick rockstar reacts. If a god mode hack is found today. And everyone using it is banned tomorrow. It wont be long before people stop cheating

blk95ta
  • blk95ta

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

I hate to say this, but you need a break bro... a long break. Online is out for about ~110 days, so you would clock in with more than 8 hours gameplay each day on average... I'm not judging you, but for god's sake, take at least 1 week off...

I actually did around christmas lol.

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

eeeh if they did that it would be chaos, alot of people would stop playing (for real) millions of complains to their support..   and it would probably be a BIG motivation to come up with a new hack/mod for unlimited RP and money, again.

and R* knows that, and it will never happen.

Gasmasks
  • Gasmasks

Megalomaniac

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

Why so obsessed with OTHERS game. Is YOURS that boring? I say no. Just play the game without worrying about others stats. Before you know it you'll be level 200.

How odd. This description seems to fit my character precisely. I don't care what other people do to be honest and I hit level 200 legitimately (Kind of, a little bit of Criminal records.. 40 levels..). 

This guy is right OP, you should pay attention to him. You'll find that 80% of people above level 100 are sh*t at the game anyway and you could probably kill them using a micro smg against their combat MG tbh. I speak from experience, but I was level 190 against a level 104 but that doesn't matter, I had a micro SMG, he had a Combat MG and he lost :). So yes, pay attention to that guy's post.

KamikaziOtter
  • KamikaziOtter

Ne cede malis...

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

It would be easy for R* to find DNS hackers and reset them... All they would have to do is look at the amount of time played and compare that to their RP... At level 141 (legit) my play time is floating around 9 Days, compare that to a DNS (asshat) who is level 250+ and has a play time of less than 6 days and R* has their answer! :p

Personally, I can't wait for them to cut the cheaters down, as redeems those of us who have played, worked hard and EARNED our rank legitimately!

Just my .02 cents... ;)

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

It would be easy for R* to find DNS hackers and reset them... All they would have to do is look at the amount of time played and compare that to their RP... At level 141 (legit) my play time is floating around 9 Days, compare that to a DNS (asshat) who is level 250+ and has a play time of less than 6 days and R* has their answer! :p

Personally, I can't wait for them to cut the cheaters down, as redeems those of us who have played, worked hard and EARNED our rank legitimately!

Just my .02 cents... ;)

Not exactly the smartest idea. What if the same account has multiple people playing the same character 24/7?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

Rockstar should just reformat the cloud.  When we log in, Lamar meets us at the airport and we all start from nothing. 

JK

It seems so long ago...

Biohazard Abyss
  • Biohazard Abyss

SC Thread Avatar Comp Winner

• BUSTED!
  • Cuba
  • Best New Member 2013

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

May I introduce you to this?

1199833634_1362975598.jpg

• KamikaziOtter, TimelyMeerkat and I.haigh like this

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

That guy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

May I introduce you to this?

1199833634_1362975598.jpg

origin-of-the-sun_o_1027544.jpg

OT: Personally I really don't think this is a good idea. Last time I was around when there was a hard reset of everyone, it didn't exactly do too well. Many people will quit. I will say that I started another character, fresh, on the 2nd slot, and I took out every penny from the bank on my first character willingly but, I can't say the same for other people.

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:02 PM

If and when Rockstar looks into this they would have a way to detect a glitched rank, and only go after those who glitched.  I mean come on, you'll see a level 600+ with only 2 or so hours of gameplay time.  Believe me, if we can see this, they can see this.  So if they want to deal with it, they can.  If they don't want to deal with it, well, not a lot we can do about that.

I.haigh
  • I.haigh

Girlwitbigtits

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:15 PM

How much do you want to bet that if they did start resetting DNS people, there would be countless legits who would be reset by mistake?

jessyaudrina
  • jessyaudrina

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:33 PM

OP has never seen a vagina.

rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:07 AM

If they do another reset i'm pretty sure my disk will be on sale.

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:18 AM

They already reset everyone....just not the levels...they did what was important to THEM.

That's complete nonsense. You still have all Pegasus vehicles right? You are still rank 800+ right? You still have your full arsenal of weaponary right? You still have the most expensive appartement right? You still have your 10 car garage loaded with max customised cars right?

You only lost some money, Rockstar fixed jacksh*t.

Your barking up the wrong tree dog....I never said they fixed anything and I got my pegasus vehicles (buzzard and tank), cars, and apartment 100% legit before the money started flowing along with my level 218 character so you can take that tude and kick bricks.

EnclaveSGT
  • EnclaveSGT

Car Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

A good solution is to make the current servers they have now unranked, and have a ranked server that completely wipes you and you once again fly into Los Santos. The server you wish to choose is completely optional, of course.

• TimelyMeerkat likes this

Pixel S
  • Pixel S

Argumentative

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Yes let's reset everyone so we get hundreds of threads moaning about it. 

What's done is done 

CorruptedVision
  • CorruptedVision

Slim Reaper

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:24 AM

Its not fair to people who have invested hundreds of hours into ranking their character up. Its not the legit players fault modders went crazy for awhile.

• blk95ta likes this

sexboxlive
  • sexboxlive

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

or is there always going to be a way to rank up and get money using glitches so reseting everyone would be pointless?

I wish I could reset your account here

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users