Photo

Nintendo Fusion(Rumor)

6 replies to this topic
DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:19 PM Edited by DarthShinobi, 21 January 2014 - 08:22 PM.

Rumors of a new addition to the Nintendo family have hit the web, seems interesting. Hopefully this is true, Nintendo need to step up their sh*t.

Nintendo Fusion

-GPGPU: Custom Radeon HD RX 200 GPU CODENAME LADY (2816 shaders @ 960 MHz, 4.60 TFLOP/s, Fillrates: 60.6 Gpixel/s, 170 Gtexel/s)

-CPU: IBM 64-Bit Custom POWER 8-Based IBM 8-Core Processor CODENAME JUMPMAN (2.2 GHz, Shared 6 MB L4 cache)
Co-CPU: IBM PowerPC 750-based 1.24 GHz Tri-Core Co-Processor CODENAME HAMMER

-MEMORY: 4 Gigabytes of Unified DDR4 SDRAM CODENAMED KONG, 2 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600 MHz (12.8 GB/s) On Die CODENAMED BARREL

802.11 b/g/n Wireless
Bluetooth v4.0 BLE
2 USB 3.0
1 Coaxial Cable Input
1 CableCARD Slot
4 Custom Stream-Interface Nodes up to 4 Wii U GamePads
Versions with Disk Drive play Wii U Optical Disk (4 Layers Maximum), FUSION Holographic Versatile Disc (HVD) and Nintendo 3DS Card Slot
1 HDMI 2.0 1080p/4K Port
Dolby TrueHD 5.1 or 7.1 Surround Sound
Inductive Charging Surface for up to 4 FUSION DS or IC-Wii Remote Plus Controllers
Two versions: Disk Slot Version with 60 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage and Diskless Version with 300 Gigs of Internal Flash Storage

http://www.vg247.com...-massive-rumor/

http://www.nintendon...-hardware-name/

I know this looks sloppy but I cba to make it look pretty. :p

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:35 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 21 January 2014 - 08:44 PM.

Certainly sounds interesting Nintendo really missed the ball park with the Wii U. The code name fusion has me kinda puzzled though perhaps an amalgamation of wii u with better hardware.

Looking at the Wii U specs it appears it will have a 1.24ghz tricore that the Wii U has so if this is true I think we can gather that it will have backwards compatibility. Perhaps to cash in on what little software the Wii U couldn't shift due to its lack of sales.

It does sound like the kind of cunning move Nintendo would pull.

Edit: basically what it says in the article you linked I should really read those!

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:12 PM

Bullsh*t. HVD is a dead giveaway.

UtricularEwe001
  • UtricularEwe001

I am a Pirate

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:19 PM

I think its already proven fake.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:07 AM Edited by oysterbarron, 22 January 2014 - 05:07 AM.

Yeah i was going to say on second thoughts considering Nintendo lost a lot of money on wii u. I doubt they would spend the extra money on hardware to make there next Console backwards compatible if there was a new console. A new ds maybe but console I would be very surprised.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:49 AM

What I am waiting for from Nintendo is a small Ouya-like microconsole that plays virtual console games only that is cheap and comes with a proper arcade controller.

That way I could play all my old Nintendo favorites up as far as the gamecube without having to emulate them.

They could sell a sh*tload if they just did that and stayed away from all the gimmicky sh*te. It is obvious they barely have anything unique to offer and all their big releases are either HD versions of old games or just redesigns of the same principals from games on the SNES.

For god sake just scrap all that sh*te and if they focused on indie games and small downloadable games with a cheap console, that would sell so f*cking fast I think.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:34 PM

A virtual console console would be awesome. Playing those old games again on my TV, hell yeah. And honestly, you wouldn't need much either. 

Now, if I were Nintendo, I would invest in a Nintendo phone or Nintendo tablet. In fact,that's what I think they will be going towards more and more; Make a small, powerful console that you can take with you anywhere and connect to your TV seamlessly. Kind of like a mish-mash of a 3DS and a WiiU. A tablet controller that is the console. Sony and Microsoft will continue fighting for the living room, while Nintendo will move more and more into the rest of the space, which they already largely dominate with the DS,3DS et al. You'll see!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users