GTA Online: Content Creator Questions & Answers

304 replies to this topic
iTs Jonny
  • iTs Jonny

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

i created a death match, when can i start to play it? how will i know its playable?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

i created a death match, when can i start to play it? how will i know its playable?

If you hit the publish button while in the creator it will say that it saved it to the cloud servers...you then go into the online portion of the game and go to your menu...online/jobs/my jobs/pick the one you want and then host it.

KayTheMagnificent
  • KayTheMagnificent

Hello Kitty Cowgirl

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

Sounds like you froze. It should only take seconds.

Unless you made some saves along the way (highly suggested) you may have a total loss on your hands...sorry man, it sucks.

turns out it did save before it froze so I didn't lose it, thankfully!

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:40 PM

All of my bookmarked jobs have vanished or the game will not load my bookmark list, any ideas guys?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

Mine was working fine last night and the social page is listing them properly this morning. Not much help to you sorry.

-Hurry-up
  • -Hurry-up

WOFP

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:53 AM

Can i place spawn points on props ?? And how
??
Thanks in advance .

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

??
Thanks in advance .

Yes place it somewhere it will defo allow, then pick it back up and aslong as theres enough space on the prop you'll be good. I put some armor, weapons and a sanchez inside a container, had to go into 3rd person view to get it placed right.

-Hurry-up
  • -Hurry-up

WOFP

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 05:55 PM

??
Thanks in advance .

Yes place it somewhere it will defo allow, then pick it back up and aslong as theres enough space on the prop you'll be good. I put some armor, weapons and a sanchez inside a container, had to go into 3rd person view to get it placed right.
great !! , thanks alot

meth.
  • meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:11 PM

anyone know how to DELETE a created race?

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 09 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

anyone know how to DELETE a created race?

Got to content creator, load the race you want to delete. there will be a delete option.

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Good Pals with Yer Maw!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:31 PM

The likes and plays are fixed. But when you edit/update your job does it still reset the counters since 1.11????

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

No it does not...however it will be listed in an order that reflect the post edit likes.

When they fixed it, somehow they figured out how many likes you were missing and sort of tacked them onto your race...that tacked number does not register in the same way as natural votes and it has mixed up the whole "list by likes" feature.

Perfect Blade xD
  • Perfect Blade xD

North Yankton

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 11 March 2014 - 12:34 AM Edited by Perfect Blade xD, 11 March 2014 - 12:36 AM.

Edit. Fixed

rbmaster
  • rbmaster

All Star

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:47 PM

So, I limted the vehicle selection on my races but if someone has a custom vehicle they're still able to select. Is there any way to restrict that without disallowing the use of custom vehicles?

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

This might be stupid but I followed everything you said in how to post content and came up with a slightly different URL on the page, I had a ?platformld=2 at the end of my URL.   Also for the life of me couldn't figure out how to post a ink here if I were to try, seems like it's always preventing me from hitting "ok."   I'm probably doing something stupid

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

So, I limted the vehicle selection on my races but if someone has a custom vehicle they're still able to select. Is there any way to restrict that without disallowing the use of custom vehicles?

If you limit it to one specific vehicle then customs will not be allowed. Anything more than one and all customs will be allowed in the class.

Side note...at this point in time any motorcycle or offroad race will have both sanchez models available whether you want them or not.

This might be stupid but I followed everything you said in how to post content and came up with a slightly different URL on the page, I had a ?platformld=2 at the end of my URL.   Also for the life of me couldn't figure out how to post a ink here if I were to try, seems like it's always preventing me from hitting "ok."   I'm probably doing something stupid

First off Internet Explorer has some sort of problem with this forum and posting any type of links. Use Chrome and it should work fine.

The 2 at the end represents the PS3 console...a 1 would be for Xbox 360.

A_smitty56
  • A_smitty56

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:03 PM

Okay thank you.   I mentioned the end of the link simply because it looked a bit different than your example.   But I figured out that just typing the URL has worked.   I assume that IE has been my problem with posting pictures as well?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Okay thank you.   I mentioned the end of the link simply because it looked a bit different than your example.   But I figured out that just typing the URL has worked.   I assume that IE has been my problem with posting pictures as well?

Yup...mine wont even let me do quotes. Its pretty broken and surprising it has been allowed to continue for as long as it has.

Fachuro
  • Fachuro

Stoner

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 March 2014 - 03:38 PM

All of my bookmarked jobs have vanished or the game will not load my bookmark list, any ideas guys?

I had a similar issue with my CREATED jobs, they wouldn't load into the game. Endured for a few days, until I tried bookmarking one of my own races on SC to be able to play it in game, then all of a sudden all my jobs were back in game.

KILLSHOT707
  • KILLSHOT707

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Does anyone know if you can make a Sandking only race? If so how.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

You can and several have. You limit your race to offroad only by unchecking the other classes...then select the offroad class and hit x (on xbox) to pull up a list of vehicles in that class. Unccheck all but one vehicle and that will be the only vehicle ever allowed on that track. As long as you do only one...even customs will not be an option.

TheHeracross
  • TheHeracross

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:54 PM

So I want to add a specific vehicle to the vehicle selection in my one race. Is there any way I could do that?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

You cant add anything that isnt listed in the class. To see what is listed...select the class and hit X

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:59 PM

Is it just me (or maybe just PS3) but can anyone else here host a saved job anymore ? I used to be able to but can no longer do so, shame it was a good way to get feedback from friends without publishing ?? maybe as edits don't reset the votes anymore this was a conscious decision ?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 02:18 PM

I havent been able to on xbox for several weeks.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:46 PM Edited by Nitty Don, 28 March 2014 - 12:32 PM.

Thanks Luap, not sure why they would do that ??? :angry:

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 March 2014 - 07:08 PM

No idea...and please dont call me dat.

Nitty Don
  • Nitty Don

C*nt Mode - [ON] OFF

• D1RTY12

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

No problem, apologies didn't realise it was secret !! ? (edited)

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 March 2014 - 01:04 PM

Not a secret but if I want to use my name I would make it my username lol...besides that isnt my name its my dads.

AlkoOlicK
  • AlkoOlicK

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 28 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Hey Luap, i know this question has been asked but i didn't get the answer so right.

so i'll ask it again and since my english suck ill just ask for a brief answer hahaha!

Can we re-edit our TDM so i can add vehicles in it and do not lose our player count and people who likes it anymore?

I did it once but im not sure if i lost the player counts or not.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users