GTA Online: Content Creator Questions & Answers

309 replies to this topic
DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Is there a maximum number of custom created events you can have in your game?  I'm seeing a LOT more items in my Social Club account than show on the map...

Yes, the game only shows up to 80 bookmarked jobs, all others are there but arent displayed. As soon as you manage your bookmarked jobs (use search function with bookmarked jobs ticked oon socialclub to delete jobs), the others will start showing up.

sorry if this is the wrong place for this question:

has anyone heard any info about being able to create jobs in the future?

I assume you mean missions? But jeah Rockstar has said it will allow us to create all type of content (maybe not heists) in the future.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:25 PM

Deleting jobs inside the game menu is buggy as hell by the way, I would suggest using the social club website to do it as DrAtomic said.

As for the gangs you fight in test mode, We have no control over it though I think they may spawn based on the area your DM is placed in.

deffjeff87
  • deffjeff87

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

I have tried to make a race and a deathmatch the last 2 days and and when I try to save it says the cloud server is down.  I would wait for thirty minutes, repeatedly trying to save and/or publish it.  When I finally gave up I would quit to Online ,which would load without a problem.  Anyone got any ideas?

hey most of the server errors deal with the description and TITLE i like to have 10-15 characters including spaces DONT USE SYMBOLS, the description should be at least 20 characters of real words, take more than one picture after you finish the map....having old pics can mess up the save/publish of a map

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:18 AM

is there any way to make the light up diversion sign point right?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

Nope. Quite the oversite not to have both directions available.

Some races need those big overhead digital DOT notice boards with flashing message "slow the f*ck down" for some corners.
  • davetopper and paulmgrath like this

Safetytrousers
  • Safetytrousers

I bring flowers

• Members

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:06 PM Edited by Safetytrousers, 08 February 2014 - 07:18 PM.

Is there a limit to the number of races you can have currently published?

I published a fifth race and one of my existing published races has disappeared from the map.

Why when a race is 'Rockstar approved' does the race creator's ID not appear? If I were to have such a race I would want people to know I had made it, and I want to know who made the ones I play.

And why can't people write a decent description or think of a good title?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Is there a limit to the number of races you can have currently published?

I published a fifth race and one of my existing published races has disappeared from the map.

Why when a race is 'Rockstar approved' does the race creator's ID not appear? If I were to have such a race I would want people to know I had made it, and I want to know who made the ones I play.

And why can't people write a decent description or think of a good title?

I know of a couple people with 80+ races published so you aren't anywhere near any limit that may exist. When you create a race and save it, it will not show on map but you can host it as a job. When you publish it, it will show up as a white job on the map. If you bookmark it, it will show up as yellow on map. Same yellow as bookmarking other peoples jobs. There IS a limit on how many bookmarked jobs you can see in your list when hosting. It will only show the first 80 in the list...the others are still there but will not show in list unless you delete some of the top ones. I don't know if the same limit applies to the map.

When Rockstar verifies a map they make a copy of the map, adjust the name and description as they deem necessary, adjust any minor checkpoint issues they see and then publish it to both consoles. It thus becomes their own track in the process. Essentially it is no longer your track and the only recognition you will receive is on the news feed. You will no longer get votes or anything from it...only your original if anyone still runs that.

mrkings
  • mrkings

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by mrkings, 09 February 2014 - 10:37 PM.

There's probably a perfectly obvious answer to my question, I just have not seen it yet.

I'm working on a Deathmatch.

How do I get Team 1 to start and respawn in one area and Team 2 to start and respawn in another area ?

They start in the right Team Start Points but I cant get the (re)Spawn Points to differentiate between team 1 and team 2

Cheers in advance

** EDIT .... I had it set to 'normal' deathmatch, so players spawn anywhere. When I changed it to 'team deathmatch' players spawned in their team areas.

It must have been because I had to place 16 spawn points for team 1 and 16 spawn point for team 2 when it was set to 'normal' that I got confused  .....

"I can see clearly now ..... "

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

As far as I know it will still swap sides on you if one team gets too far towards the other. That is the one thing I hate...having enemy spawn behind you because you have done well.
  • Jehannum and bruvs-mcfc like this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:35 PM Edited by beat_savy_9, 12 February 2014 - 08:24 PM.

theswagsurfer
  • theswagsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

may have been answered already, but did not see it.  Stupid question, but how to you add creation pics, where it shows the pics tab on your socialclub site. When you have a pic on snapmatic how to you tag it to that job?

Thanks

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

I have never figured out how to add pics or even when your suposed to take them. Maybe you have to snap them while in the job? IDK.

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:03 PM

may have been answered already, but did not see it.  Stupid question, but how to you add creation pics, where it shows the pics tab on your socialclub site. When you have a pic on snapmatic how to you tag it to that job?

Thanks

When you click on that option, it opens up a picture-taking screen like the camera in your phone.  If you move too far away from the spawn point, it will not take it.  If you want a picture for the lobby, you can click on that option and it gives you a chance to take that picture as well.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:40 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 13 February 2014 - 07:44 PM.

Relevant patch info ...

The Created By field when viewing Rockstar verified Jobs now uses the creators Social Club name.

Fixed an issue where ramps in UGC Races were not allowing players to progress over them. This primarily affects motorcycles and bicycles progressing over the Large Ramp.

Corrected an issue where players could receive multiple RP bonuses for liked content.

Fixed an issue where players could receive the incorrect value of RP for having their UGC Job liked whilst on another job.

Fixed an issue where players could occasionally receive incorrect RP for playing UGC content with others.
  • paulmgrath likes this

sSphInXx
  • sSphInXx

Valley Of The Kings

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:09 AM

Anyone know how to make those DM's which are in the sky?

theswagsurfer
  • theswagsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2014 - 12:14 AM

Thanks

When you click on that option, it opens up a picture-taking screen like the camera in your phone.  If you move too far away from the spawn point, it will not take it.  If you want a picture for the lobby, you can click on that option and it gives you a chance to take that picture as well.

I know how to take the picture for the lobby, but I meant just general pics associated with a creation, such as a feature of the course. On the social club site if you view a members created job, there is a tab under the description for pictures

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:10 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 17 February 2014 - 11:13 PM.

Anyone know it just changing the name or photo of a job resets the likes and plays counter still??

Know it does it with placment, made NukeTown (944 likes, 1.4k plays) and had make a 2nd version to not reset it. Wanna delete the old one - cant get on all of the roofs

TheMckeever

TheMckeever
  • TheMckeever

Deathmatch Connoisseur

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:28 PM Edited by TheMckeever, 17 February 2014 - 10:33 PM.

How to display images in threads??

Done it before back when I made my first 7.
But got 20+ DMs and 10+ races now (2800+Total Plays)

http://socialclub.ro...games/gtav/jobs

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

Anyone know it just changing the name or photo of a job resets the likes and plays counter still??

Know it does it with placment, made NukeTown (944 likes, 1.4k plays) and had make a 2nd version to not reset it. Wanna delete the old one - cant get on da roof

TheMckeever

If you hit the update button it resets...period.
Change one letter in the title and it is reset...but also counts as a new creation for the award.

HawkEyez83
  • HawkEyez83

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

Hey how do I create a team death match starting players unarmed?

guitarone01
  • guitarone01

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hey how do I create a team death match starting players unarmed?

In details - set to "Forced Only" or "Forced + Pickups" - then set Forced weapon to "Unarmed"

HawkEyez83
  • HawkEyez83

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:02 AM

It stays on pistol. I cant get it to change
Also not all weapon spawns stay as what I put. For example I put an Rpg spawn but during match its a handgun spawn!

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 21 February 2014 - 01:47 PM.

The description of the weapon placing tool says that any weapon placement that requires an unlock will default to a pistol if the highest level player in the match is not high enough to unlock said placed weapon.

theswagsurfer
  • theswagsurfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 February 2014 - 11:21 PM

I've seen this question posted multiple times but have not found a solid answer, so hopefully someone can clarify!

Is there any confirmed factors that affect a match/race payout/rp? I have seen one reply that said rp and money seem to be maxed out at 4 minutes but still depend on amount of checkpoints and duration?

It doesn't make sense for payout/rp amount to be limited to 4 minutes (but wouldn't be surprised if that was a mistake by R*) as most matches, especially higher paying ones are always longer than 4 minutes. 

So hoping to find an answer to this topic, nothing has turned up here or elsewhere, and this is a factor that goes into the creation process.

I was thinking of making a race that ran across the entire map, resulting in a large payout, but nothing has been able to confirm this.

Cheers

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 February 2014 - 02:22 AM

I think the main factor is amount of players in race determines cash/rp im sure its capped at 20k, i could be wrong though

B3astGTS
  • B3astGTS

Why? Because cash cards...

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

I've seen this question posted multiple times but have not found a solid answer, so hopefully someone can clarify!

Is there any confirmed factors that affect a match/race payout/rp? I have seen one reply that said rp and money seem to be maxed out at 4 minutes but still depend on amount of checkpoints and duration?

It doesn't make sense for payout/rp amount to be limited to 4 minutes (but wouldn't be surprised if that was a mistake by R*) as most matches, especially higher paying ones are always longer than 4 minutes. 

So hoping to find an answer to this topic, nothing has turned up here or elsewhere, and this is a factor that goes into the creation process.

I was thinking of making a race that ran across the entire map, resulting in a large payout, but nothing has been able to confirm this.

Cheers

Learned a bit about this during valentine's weekend water races weekend. It's a combination of players, distance, time and laps.Had about a 6 mile water track that I made and was able to get it to pay about 48,000 with 15 players on 1 lap (avg time about 6 minutes). Also there were only 12 players left at the end. Consider it was 3 times payout that puts it at 16,000 normal pay. Replayed the map with about 10 people for two laps and the 1st place payout jumped up to $60,000/ $20,000 normal payout. I don't think that's the cap as I recall seeing a higher payout for a full race and run of Grand Tour that paid slightly over $20,000. If they ever do a 3x water race payout weekend again I'll try to get a full 2 lap 16 player race in.

VxAxDxExR
  • VxAxDxExR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:38 PM

The are a few issues pertaining to created deathmatch jobs on the ps3 platform that need to be addressed.

1. In full lobbies players are often kicked/lose connection, while the launching icon is on and players are being divided into teams.

2. In full lobbies the host will occasionally be frozen out of the game when the launching icon is on.

3. Social Club does not regularly register/update the stats of player created jobs (i.e. likes, dislikes, plays)

4. It appears that player created jobs bookmarked and hosted by players other than the host, does not effect the jobs statistics because the plays and votes are not being recorded.

If you are using the ps3 platform feel free to play my created job DON'T TAKE MY MONEY!! it is a fast paced hot zone TDM that regularly scores a total of 150 kills in 10 min games with no kill cap. My lobbies are always full and to host a full lobby all it requires is a little patience and remember to refresh your open matchmaking every 20 seconds and the AUTO INVITE.

VxAxDxExR

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 03:49 PM

All of those issues apply to xbox as well. Almost every time I try to join a random DM I get dropped.
One thing I have noticed is that if it launches while someone is still showing as "joining" it causes all kinds of problems.

The stats not updating is the social club is just broken and has not been updating properly for weeks now. I have lost an awful lot of votes...but it really doe not matter.

KayTheMagnificent
  • KayTheMagnificent

Hello Kitty Cowgirl

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Question : 

I created a deathmatch and I'm trying to save it but it's stuck on a thinking wheel. has the game just bugged out or do they take a while to save? it's been over ten minutes.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Sounds like you froze. It should only take seconds.

Unless you made some saves along the way (highly suggested) you may have a total loss on your hands...sorry man, it sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users