309 replies to this topic
Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Hey

This topic is related to all Content Creator Questions, If you have a question post here and wait for a reply

Cheers
  • WBaker, paulmgrath and greatler like this

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:21 PM Edited by WBaker, 21 January 2014 - 08:51 PM.

What are the guidelines? :)

*fixed*

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:41 PM

What are th
e rules? ;)

You know the usual, no spamming, flaming, going off topic etc...

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Has anyone figured out the current payout scales? I.e. how much rp/money per checkpoint/distance/time?
  • CoachDub25 likes this

CaptainOsyrus
  • CaptainOsyrus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:50 AM

I want to edit my map but don't want to lose the player count and likes I have gained. I heard that you no longer lose this info for editing your map. Can anyone confirm this.
  • CoachDub25 likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I can confirm that changing some details like title and lap count and description do not require you to TEST the track again. Any changes to placement of anything or a vehicle change does.

ANY change to ANYTHING that makes you hit "update" will wipe your tracking stats.
I just wiped about 8 of mine clean last night...will be doing 6 more tonight.
  • CoachDub25 likes this

charleyefc
  • charleyefc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:19 PM Edited by charleyefc, 27 January 2014 - 06:19 PM.

Has any one made a deathmatch inside the warehouse from the mission the long stretch. (ps3)

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:24 AM Edited by ll Noble 6 ll, 28 January 2014 - 12:26 AM.

1 - How do I submit a track?

2 - I've heard rumors that R* will go in and fix small items before publication without making you go in and have to completely redo the map.  My first spawn point spawns racers going the wrong direction and if I go to fix that, I have to practically delete my track to get back to the one checkpoint that needs a fix.

3 - Am I correct in thinking that RP/Cash is dependent on length of track, number of players and number of laps?

4 - Just because I don't want to dupe something, has anyone submitted a "Ridge Racer" track?  I have mine on the west side of town starting in the water run-off and going up and down (and along the ridges) the hills (hence the question) around the highway there...  It's current name and description doesn't make sense (gonna fix that), but don't want to dupe someone else's name.

Lastly, I've had a LOT of folks race this track and love the hell out of it, so I want to submit ASAP.  ^_^

PS - Is there a way to thank the guys who made the GT races?  Those are incredibly fun to play and a MAJOR difference from all the long-distance, top-speed, screw up and you'll never see anyone again for the rest of the race races...

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

Whoa dude. You can edit any checkpoint at any time without deleting the ones after it. Pay attention to the options on the bottom right as you hover your mouse over things...they change depending on where you are. Hover over an existing checkpoint, hit A to edit and replace as desired. You can also hover on the blue line close to an existing checkpoint and when it turns yellow you can hit A to insert a new checkpoint on that line.
  • ll Noble 6 ll likes this

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

SWEET.  I didn't know that.  Thanks!

But how do I submit it for approval?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

Submit to who for what approval?

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:32 PM

My race...  Since there are "Rockstar Approved" races, there must be a way to submit my custom race for approval.  Enough folks have said I need to that I actually want to at this point (after some serious alteration of the title and description, which were just space savers at the time).

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Oh I see. Iff it is published it is already "submitted". It is just a matter of how many likes you manage to get on your race. The system is a joke to be honest and I dont even bother thinking about it. However if you would like to have it reveiwed and approved by some of the community check out the "Approved Custom Races" thread in my sig. It is for Xbox only though.
  • paulmgrath likes this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 30 January 2014 - 08:15 PM.

How to link your playlist 101
Scratch this, the linking seems to be browser dependend, so no uniform way to do it.

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:03 PM Edited by LuapYllier, 29 January 2014 - 03:05 PM.

<p>
How to link your playlist 101

• Click on the GTA V game icon.
  • Click on GTA Online in the menu tabs
  • Click on playlists
  • In the pull down menu select ME and press search
  • Click on the playlist you want to share
  • Copy the url so that you have:
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/playlists#playlist/mHmZOdSe1kKMrxSxVF3i1g
  • Add
    member/YOURSOCIALCLUBID/
    in between .com and /games
  • You should now have:
    http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/dratomic1/games/gtav/playlists#playlist/mHmZOdSe1kKMrxSxVF3i1g
    test that it works
  • Share that link
That resulting link is breaking at the #symbol bud. It is going to your page that lists all of your playlists. The specific playlist on the end is ignored. I am not sure why when you copy the address and paste it the forward slash is coverted to a # but if you change it back to a / it seems to work. This is true whether you add the members name or not.

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:18 PM Edited by ll Noble 6 ll, 29 January 2014 - 03:19 PM.

Thank you, Dr. Atomic...

Using your pattern, I got to this:

http://socialclub.ro...-A?platformId=1

Please let me know if it works, and if you play it, please let me know what you think!

Aaannnd... when I click, it takes me to the jobs listing, but not my job.  WTH?

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:12 PM

Like I said...edit the # symbol to a /.

Side note: we have a thread for you to drop that race in if you want us to test it and give feedback. If it is good we will put it in the recommended and approved list for all to see.

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:21 PM Edited by ll Noble 6 ll, 29 January 2014 - 04:21 PM.

Here's a different approach:

http://socialclub.ro..._j-A?platformId=

This one takes you to my custom races (of which there is only one).  Hopefully you can follow that link?  If so, I'd love to share it for feedback purposes. 

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

lpw6.jpg

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????????????????

Why another Prison Thugs Fight???? But this time its for "REAL" !!

f*ck my gaming life!! Now I have to put up with TWO Prison Thugz Fights ensuring I lose more time Quitting the lobbies for both.....amazing.

All I can say to that is that I have never once had that many people in either of my DM creations. People other than us must find those entertaining.
  • juicy_fun likes this

Day Reaper
  • Day Reaper

Executioner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:34 PM

lpw6.jpg

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY??????????????????

Why another Prison Thugs Fight???? But this time its for "REAL" !!

f*ck my gaming life!! Now I have to put up with TWO Prison Thugz Fights ensuring I lose more time Quitting the lobbies for both.....amazing.

All I can say to that is that I have never once had that many people in either of my DM creations. People other than us must find those entertaining.

I mean, I understand that just because I don't like the melee matches (in a game with assault rifles and combat pistols, etc...) doesn't mean others don't or shouldn't.

My gripe is that we waste so much gaming time at those loading screens....I mean, ill play anything f*cking else, just don't continually send me to the map I NEVER PLAY, R*!!!!
And now with this new "REAL PRISON THUGZ FIGHT" map, to add to the loading screen frustration.

I know people love them that's clear by the 100 people in each lobby waiting to play, I just wish I wasn't sent to the maps I never play.
  • joseDAboss210 likes this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:41 PM

The simple answer to that is to have the random "join job" stuff on your phone never allow you to be placed in a job you down voted. Only direct invite or you hosting it specifically would allow you to play it and change your vote. I would lovethat function personally.
  • paulmgrath and joseDAboss210 like this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:18 PM

Here's a different approach:

http://socialclub.ro..._j-A?platformId=

This one takes you to my custom races (of which there is only one).  Hopefully you can follow that link?  If so, I'd love to share it for feedback purposes.

Correct url for that is:
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs?ownertype=member&nickname=mc_john_117&missionId=97ErPQsAzUWSNE_Y4_hQHA&platformId=2
An easier way of linking to jobs is simply using the share options on the job page (playlists dont have that option).
  • deffjeff87 likes this

SilentMase
  • SilentMase

Knights of Badassdom Crew Leader

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 February 2014 - 11:36 PM

I have tried to make a race and a deathmatch the last 2 days and and when I try to save it says the cloud server is down.  I would wait for thirty minutes, repeatedly trying to save and/or publish it.  When I finally gave up I would quit to Online ,which would load without a problem.  Anyone got any ideas?

Sami Nitro
  • Sami Nitro

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:06 PM

Questions...

1.  Why can't we make races in restricted areas (airports)?  It's not so much the open space I'm interested in, but the buildings round about.

2.  Motorbike vs large ramp = come to a dead halt.  Motorbikes seem like the only class you'd legitimately want to use ramps with.  Is there a more elegant solution than placing a small ramp immediately in front of every large ramp to avoid this issue?

• Purplepixie1 likes this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by DrAtomic, 03 February 2014 - 01:46 PM.

Questions...

1.  Why can't we make races in restricted areas (airports)?  It's not so much the open space I'm interested in, but the buildings round about.

2.  Motorbike vs large ramp = come to a dead halt.  Motorbikes seem like the only class you'd legitimately want to use ramps with.  Is there a more elegant solution than placing a small ramp immediately in front of every large ramp to avoid this issue?

1. Because Rockstar doesn't allow us; hopefully that will get lifted soon/with next update.

2. Nope, that's a bug as acknowledged by Rockstar. Even small ramps can have this issue if you hit it dead on the white line. Only workaround is for players to lift their frontwheel/do a wheelie when hitting the ramp.

I have tried to make a race and a deathmatch the last 2 days and and when I try to save it says the cloud server is down.  I would wait for thirty minutes, repeatedly trying to save and/or publish it.  When I finally gave up I would quit to Online ,which would load without a problem.  Anyone got any ideas?

Might be a NAT issue, do a network test on your XBOX to see if you have NAT type OPEN.

• Sami Nitro likes this

DrAtomic
  • DrAtomic

Volatile

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

1 - How do I submit a track?

2 - I've heard rumors that R* will go in and fix small items before publication without making you go in and have to completely redo the map.  My first spawn point spawns racers going the wrong direction and if I go to fix that, I have to practically delete my track to get back to the one checkpoint that needs a fix.

3 - Am I correct in thinking that RP/Cash is dependent on length of track, number of players and number of laps?

4 - Just because I don't want to dupe something, has anyone submitted a "Ridge Racer" track?  I have mine on the west side of town starting in the water run-off and going up and down (and along the ridges) the hills (hence the question) around the highway there...  It's current name and description doesn't make sense (gonna fix that), but don't want to dupe someone else's name.

Lastly, I've had a LOT of folks race this track and love the hell out of it, so I want to submit ASAP.  ^_^

PS - Is there a way to thank the guys who made the GT races?  Those are incredibly fun to play and a MAJOR difference from all the long-distance, top-speed, screw up and you'll never see anyone again for the rest of the race races...

1. Once you publish it you have submitted it, community rumor has it that Rockstar looks at all the jobs that reach 1000+ votes with a like rating above 80%.

2. You can edit checkpoints, move them and insert others between checkpoints (just hover the checkpoint that needs to be inserted on the line between the two checkpoints untill it turns yellow.

3. Yes, allthough number of laps is not taken into account, time is. As far as I can tell RP is maxed out at the 4 minute duration mark with $$$ modifier being maxed out at 4 minutes as well. $$$ seems to depend on the track length/number of checkpoints. Not 100% sure on the $$$ bit.

4. Yes, there is at least one other track named Ridge Racer. You can find out by setting the search setting on the socialclub website to advanced and enter ridge (followed by enter). For me that returned a total of 24 jobs that contained a ridge reference with one being named Ridge Racer.

Sami Nitro
  • Sami Nitro

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Questions...

1. Because Rockstar doesn't allow us; hopefully that will get lifted soon/with next update.

2. Nope, that's a bug as acknowledged by Rockstar. Even small ramps can have this issue if you hit it dead on the white line. Only workaround is for players to lift their frontwheel/do a wheelie when hitting the ramp.

Ah well.  Thanks for the information.  I suppose I can still design my races for now, then put them out there when Rockstar fix the ramp bug.

ll Noble 6 ll
  • ll Noble 6 ll

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:00 AM

Is there a maximum number of custom created events you can have in your game?  I'm seeing a LOT more items in my Social Club account than show on the map...

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:43 AM Edited by Lil ski, 04 February 2014 - 02:46 AM.

Question:

Is there anyway that you could change what type of gangs you are fighting in the test mode? Like say change the default Lost MC vs Vagos to Ballas vs Families?
I always like test playing my maps and play against the computer since it's hard to get people to join my maps.

Also OP could anyway you could update the OP with answered questions so no one would accidently ask the same questions? :pp

brose_sfr
  • brose_sfr

brozilla

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

sorry if this is the wrong place for this question:

has anyone heard any info about being able to create jobs in the future?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users