Poll: Teeth Brushing

119 replies to this topic
Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

:sigh: I would hate to meet some of you guys.
  • Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Twice a day

manual toothbrush

after I've finished eating

yes

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:03 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 22 January 2014 - 09:04 PM.

Stormerboy, my dentist told me to brush 3 times a day at the least, and my teeth are in good shape. Brushing after a meal is common sense. Brushing before breakfast is good but doing it after is a must. And G whiz, I would not want to be around you, you'd be the type to have his breathe smelling like old sh*t by 11 o' clock. :barf:

I will concede that brushing 3 times a day is good, but too many times is damaging.

My dentist tells me my teeth are brilliant, no joke. Partly because I was born with good teeth and partly because I look after them.

Fact is, brushing your teeth straight after eating is damaging, it's a fact. I know you all like to leave the house each morning with a nice minty feeling in your mouth, maybe it's a sort of security blanket? I don't know. But you are probably doing more harm than good.

On a side note, I don't know how so many of you claim to brush your teeth after lunch each day? Unless you are working from home or home schooled? Do you carry a toothbrush and toothpaste to work?

Feel free to prove me wrong with some external links.

Lots of love
The fact is that you are a lunatic. I'm not going to listen to some random on an internet forum telling me how I should brush my teeth, ESPECIALLY if he thinks leaving my mouth stinky and dirty after breakfast is recommended. f*ck no...

But it's not me I'm asking you to listen to. I bet you've done a Google search and didn't like what you found. Otherwise, at least one of you would have jumped on the 'hating me' bandwagon and posted something factual to discredit my argument.

1. Brush your teeth BEFORE breakfast not AFTER.
Have you ever thought what the bacteria in your mouth are up to whilst you are sleeping? They have been multiplying and, just like we are, by the time that we wake up they are pretty hungry. The bacteria in our mouths feed on the carbohydrate (the sugars) in the foods we eat and turns it into acids which cause decay, unless you brush some of the bacteria away first, there will be thousands of them waiting to tuck into your breakfast with you...

2. So if I BRUSH MY TEETH, eat my breakfast and then brush my teeth AGAIN straight away, is that ok?

No, you need to wait a while after eating any meal before brushing your teeth. The acid produced by the bacteria while you are eating softens the enamel on your teeth and the mechanical action of brushing can cause it to wear down. This is particularly significant if you have just eaten or drunk something acidic.

Source: http://www.dentalhea...uk/toptips.html

• lazy. and theadmiral like this

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • None
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:34 PM Edited by Hodgey., 22 January 2014 - 09:35 PM.

How often do you brush your teeth?

After everytime I eat something

Do you use a manual or electric toothbrush?

Manual

If you brush in the morning, do you brush before or after you eat?

Before and after

Do you brush your tongue?

No

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:45 PM

Stormerboy, my dentist told me to brush 3 times a day at the least, and my teeth are in good shape. Brushing after a meal is common sense. Brushing before breakfast is good but doing it after is a must. And G whiz, I would not want to be around you, you'd be the type to have his breathe smelling like old sh*t by 11 o' clock. :barf:

I will concede that brushing 3 times a day is good, but too many times is damaging.

My dentist tells me my teeth are brilliant, no joke. Partly because I was born with good teeth and partly because I look after them.

Fact is, brushing your teeth straight after eating is damaging, it's a fact. I know you all like to leave the house each morning with a nice minty feeling in your mouth, maybe it's a sort of security blanket? I don't know. But you are probably doing more harm than good.

On a side note, I don't know how so many of you claim to brush your teeth after lunch each day? Unless you are working from home or home schooled? Do you carry a toothbrush and toothpaste to work?

Lots of love
The fact is that you are a lunatic. I'm not going to listen to some random on an internet forum telling me how I should brush my teeth, ESPECIALLY if he thinks leaving my mouth stinky and dirty after breakfast is recommended. f*ck no...

But it's not me I'm asking you to listen to. I bet you've done a Google search and didn't like what you found. Otherwise, at least one of you would have jumped on the 'hating me' bandwagon and posted something factual to discredit my argument.

1. Brush your teeth BEFORE breakfast not AFTER.[/size]Have you ever thought what the bacteria in your mouth are up to whilst you are sleeping? They have been multiplying and, just like we are, by the time that we wake up they are pretty hungry. The bacteria in our mouths feed on the carbohydrate (the sugars) in the foods we eat and turns it into acids which cause decay, unless you brush some of the bacteria away first, there will be thousands of them waiting to tuck into your breakfast with you...

2. So if I BRUSH MY TEETH, eat my breakfast and then brush my teeth AGAIN straight away, is that ok?[/size]
No, you need to wait a while after eating any meal before brushing your teeth. The acid produced by the bacteria while you are eating softens the enamel on your teeth and the mechanical action of brushing can cause it to wear down. This is particularly significant if you have just eaten or drunk something acidic.

There are a lot of things "credible" websites suggest I should do that I don't do because they not always right and I am not an idiot. I am going to listen to my dentist and common sense rather than listen to some random on a gaming forum who probably stinks or some dumbass website that I don't care about.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Returning Member 2014
    Lifetime Achievement Award

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Gosh, brushing teeth sure is a hot topic.  But then again, people have been killed for less.

Can't believe human are given teeth that needs to be brushed.  What crappy bodies we occupy.

• Crokey and Scaglietti like this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:57 PM

Can't believe human are given teeth that needs to be brushed.  What crappy bodies we occupy.

that's the least of our problems.

I can't believe humans have to use the same hole for breathing as we do for eating and speaking.

what a horrible design that was. why couldn't we be setup more like a dolphin or something? dolphins breathe and speak through a separate hole than they eat with, so you never heard of a dolphin choking to death on its tuna. it's impossible.

but us stupid humans; we routinely choke to death just because of this piss-poor design feature where our food has to pass right down the same tube we're supposed to use for sucking oxygen and communicating. terrible idea.

• Finn 7 five 11 and StormerBoy like this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:05 PM Edited by StormerBoy, 22 January 2014 - 10:07 PM.

Lots of love

1. Brush your teeth BEFORE breakfast not AFTER.[/size]Have you ever thought what the bacteria in your mouth are up to whilst you are sleeping? They have been multiplying and, just like we are, by the time that we wake up they are pretty hungry. The bacteria in our mouths feed on the carbohydrate (the sugars) in the foods we eat and turns it into acids which cause decay, unless you brush some of the bacteria away first, there will be thousands of them waiting to tuck into your breakfast with you...

2. So if I BRUSH MY TEETH, eat my breakfast and then brush my teeth AGAIN straight away, is that ok?[/size]

There are a lot of things "credible" websites suggest I should do that I don't do because they not always right and I am not an idiot. I am going to listen to my dentist and common sense rather than listen to some random on a gaming forum who probably stinks or some dumbass website that I don't care about.

Well if you need to resort to suggesting that I stink, I'll take that as being in the right. But I'm still unfulfilled because my main objective is to help you realise where you are going wrong.

"Dumb ass website you don't care about"? And why have you chosen not to care about it, because that is a choice you make, you know? Either way, it's a website from a qualified dentist. And I ask again, have you had a conversation with your dentist that resulted in him categorically stating everything you have told me that you do, is correct? Or are you just making the assumption that because he says your teeth are in good shape, then he some how knows all your routines and condones them?

Let me ask you this, what makes you not want to change your mind the most? The fact that you are doing it right as you are (so you say), or the idea that eating your breakfast with minty breath is distasteful? I suggest it is the latter.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

I-I give up. :sigh: If I were to meet you, I'd have to stay as far away from a stack of bricks as possible 'cause you would drive me mad...

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Not at all, not at all.

Now if anyone else feels like apologising, not for being in the wrong, but for talking to me like sh*t whilst I was trying to help them, then feel free. PM me if you like.

• Nah Tso Gud and theadmiral like this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:42 PM

Apologize? Yeah I am sorry. I am sorry that you are a clueless lunatic. ;)
  • StormerBoy likes this

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:15 PM Edited by Crazyeighties, 23 January 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Answer 4 times a day when I wake up, after I have my morning coffee, after lunch then again before bed

Answer manual

Answer both

Answer

yes

MarshalMoo
  • MarshalMoo

Hateoful Player

• Members
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:17 AM

I'd rather not answer these questions.

• theadmiral likes this

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:21 AM

My zookeeper brushes my tusks once a day, and when he's finished I get a bucket of fish heads. 

• Crokey and na89340qv0n34b09q340 like this

John Smith
  • John Smith

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:33 AM

My zookeeper brushes my tusks once a day, and when he's finished I get a bucket of fish heads. 

Luckily, oral sex is a one way street in my relationship. 

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:35 AM

I-I give up. :sigh: If I were to meet you, I'd have to stay as far away from a stack of bricks as possible 'cause you would drive me mad...

Guess you'd hate me, then. I brush before eating. :)
  • StormerBoy and Scaglietti like this

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 24 January 2014 - 12:37 AM

Every morning and evening.

I use a special kind of electric toothbrush. 

After.

I scrape it. ;)

Gregx
  • Gregx

Vandal

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:10 AM

Two times (morning & night)

manual toothbrush

-

yes

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:35 AM

that's the least of our problems.

I can't believe humans have to use the same hole for breathing as we do for eating and speaking.

what a horrible design that was. why couldn't we be setup more like a dolphin or something? dolphins breathe and speak through a separate hole than they eat with, so you never heard of a dolphin choking to death on its tuna. it's impossible.

but us stupid humans; we routinely choke to death just because of this piss-poor design feature where our food has to pass right down the same tube we're supposed to use for sucking oxygen and communicating. terrible idea.

Furthermore, the teeth in that very same canal are irreplaceable. Now what is the deal with that? Our f*cking teeth don't grow back? WHAT!

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

To be fair, if you choke to death you're a f*cking idiot. Just chew your food properly and don't eat like an animal and there's no danger of choking. I'd rather have the one hole though anyways, I don't want some lame extra hole in the top of my head or in my face.

UltraGizmo64
  • UltraGizmo64

ULTRA

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:09 AM Edited by UltraGizmo64, 26 January 2014 - 12:59 PM.

Twice a day (Morning and Night).

Manual.

Brush before eating.

Yes.

• StormerBoy likes this

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:20 AM

once in the morning, sometimes in evening if i had something sugary

manual

before. makes sense to brush after though. but doesn't feel right.

nope.

Graven
  • Graven

Nocturnal Ninja

• The Connection
  • Finland
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2014
    Most Talented GFX Artist 2013

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:34 AM

I'm an Anti-Dentite!

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

The last time I brushed mine was sometime last April.

I really should brush them sometime, but I say this every time I go into the bathroom, then I say I'll do it after I have a shower and then sometime during the shower I forget, then I remember when I'm in bed then think I'll do it in the morning and forget during the night...

They aren't any worse than they were when I brushed them though so I must be doing something right.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

Lots of love

Have you ever thought what the bacteria in your mouth are up to whilst you are sleeping? They have been multiplying and, just like we are, by the time that we wake up they are pretty hungry. The bacteria in our mouths feed on the carbohydrate (the sugars) in the foods we eat and turns it into acids which cause decay, unless you brush some of the bacteria away first, there will be thousands of them waiting to tuck into your breakfast with you...

2. So if I BRUSH MY TEETH, eat my breakfast and then brush my teeth AGAIN straight away, is that ok?

1. My mother was a dentist for about 10 years until her terrible shaking took over and her back got bad, also alcoholism took over, but that's irrelevant, she always told me to brush a while after breakfast because coarse brushing softens enamel and if you brushed before, depending on how coarse the food you ate was, it could damage your enamel, right after breakfast, to stop the bacteria she recommended mouthwashing, then brushing about 30 minutes later.

I think there is some subjectivity here/ a lot of subjectivity.

2. Yeah that's correct, makes sense.

• StormerBoy likes this

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:35 PM

Lots of love

1. My mother was a dentist for about 10 years until her terrible shaking took over and her back got bad, also alcoholism took over, but that's irrelevant, she always told me to brush a while after breakfast because coarse brushing softens enamel and if you brushed before, depending on how coarse the food you ate was, it could damage your enamel, right after breakfast, to stop the bacteria she recommended mouthwashing, then brushing about 30 minutes later.

I think there is some subjectivity here/ a lot of subjectivity.

2. Yeah that's correct, makes sense.

We are making progress.

Pity how no one else has come forward to defend their corner.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Twice, when I wake up and before I sleep

Manual

Before

Yes, but I gag really bad
  • StormerBoy likes this

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:49 AM

The last time I brushed mine was sometime last April.
I really should brush them sometime, but I say this every time I go into the bathroom, then I say I'll do it after I have a shower and then sometime during the shower I forget, then I remember when I'm in bed then think I'll do it in the morning and forget during the night...
They aren't any worse than they were when I brushed them though so I must be doing something right.

Please tell me you are trolling about that first part. And trust me, your teeth can look fine yet still have multiple cavities. ;)

@DtormerBoy, lol agreeing with you is progress I see. Brushing 30 minutes after breakfast does not do harm and that is what I do every weekday.

Ex Hellraiser
  • Ex Hellraiser

Legendary

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 03:31 AM

Sometimes twice a day, sometimes twice a month. They're clean (at least visibly) but I need to get into the habit of cleaning my teeth more often, I'm pretty slack.

Manual all the way. Never liked electric toothbrushes, they're heavier and just seem more like a burden.

I tend not to eat breakfast, so I guess the answer would be.. before? When I rarely do decide to brush my teeth, it's usually first thing in the morning.

Sometimes, if I can be bothered. On the whole I don't, though.

Basically, exactly this.

I am 17, and I just never got into the habit of brushing regularly. But my teeth are still nice and white, and I've never had a single cavity. I guess I've never gotten into the habit because I just look at my teeth in the morning, and they look and feel fine, so I never give it another thought. If I can tell my breath stinks, I just chew gum. Has never been a problem for me.

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 January 2014 - 10:21 PM

:sigh: I would hate to meet some of you guys.

I'd hate to meet a fa**ot like you too, Stingay!  

I'm glad we are being honest here.

I brush after lunch and before sleeping. 

I brush my tongue. If you are at it, why not brush it too?

I use regular toothbrush. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users