Photo

Since the MoneyPocalypse, I have not had a single car blown up

40 replies to this topic
Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Now I'm usually a passive-mode player in free roam, but occasionally I'd lose a car to some griefing idiot with sticky bombs when I'm in a store, or Ammu-Nation etc. 

I'd say in a given week, I'd get my car blown up 2-3 times by some random idiot. 

Since the patch, ZERO. The closest to getting my car destroyed was when I parked my Z-Type outside of the Eclipse Towers, some guy started trying to shoot my tires out (couldn't because they're bullet proof), and then he tried to kick the door a few times. Afterwards he pulled out a sticky bomb, then abruptly, put it away again. Then he ran off. 

Anyone else had this experience?

Narratorjuan
  • Narratorjuan

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by Narratorjuan, 21 January 2014 - 07:20 PM.

Nope, I've only had my Stinger GT a day and it's been blown up twice. Then I had my Monroe stolen (I forgot to put it back to friends and crew only after a mission I did with randoms) and when I kicked the thief out, they rigged it with stickies and explodified it out of spite. So, pretty much the same as in my experience.

SUPERHEAVYDOODY
  • SUPERHEAVYDOODY

Big Dummy

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Lucky you OP. what console?

Xeloj
  • Xeloj

Anti-Griefer

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:25 PM

Xbox 360. 

I've driven an Adder and left it in front of the Ammu-nation in Vinewood Hills, 2 people went past and came out, not a single sticky thrown.

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:28 PM

Some of us still have deuch money..... yea lets call it that lol.
  • RogueStatus likes this

gfen
  • gfen

GTAF Minister of Propaganda

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

What, like marks then? Oh, wait, that's Deutsch.  Guilders? Hell if I know.

• Shootinalloveryourface likes this

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

You know deuch bag?

fish61324
  • fish61324

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

what the hell does which console have to do with anything.... what an idiot

gfen
  • gfen

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:36 PM

You know deuch bag?

Nope, can't say that I do. Do you know dictionary? How about "right clicking on word I clearly cannot spell and choosing spell check?" Do you know that one?

• sportbikepilot369 likes this

Kampioen
  • Kampioen

CenMan

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

Nope, I've only had my Stinger GT a day and it's been blown up twice. Then I had my Monroe stolen (I forgot to put it back to friends and crew only after a mission I did with randoms) and when I kicked the thief out, they rigged it with stickies and explodified it out of spite. So, pretty much the same as in my experience.

How do you kick people from your vehicle? I tried the "empty personal vehicle" option but it told me I'm not using my personal vehicle, and setting the vehicle access to no one didn't help either.

xcaliber81
  • xcaliber81

Pothead

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

http://www.urbandict...?term=douchebag

Ok so Its douche not deuche.
http://www.urbandict...php?term=douche

What the hell heres douche.

8up local
  • 8up local

sharp as a marble

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:50 PM

what the hell does which console have to do with anything.... what an idiot

not if he's going to get on the same console and go looking for the OP to blow up his vehicle. which is pretty lame if he does IMO.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

OP, I suspect it wont last much longer, but by all means, enjoy it while you can :)

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:55 PM

I must be in a different universe than the OP.  Sticky-bombers are still thriving in some of my sessions.  :*(

However, I will say, overall, freeroam is more boring since the money nerf.  We still have the sh*theads and the tankdouches, but none of the electric excitement that we had when lobbies had multiple money-sharers and billion dollar bounties.  Now that was a fun time.  :colgate:

Playing the game now, "the way it's meant to be played," is pretty much just getting sniped from a distance, sticky-bombed or tank-griefed.  Basically, it feels like being an individual roaming around in a war zone.  :/ Not too "GTA-like," if you ask me.  But I expected nothing else from a multiplayer environment. 

• beat_savy_9 likes this

gfen
  • gfen

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:56 PM

http://www.urbandict...?term=douchebag

Ok so Its douche not deuche.
http://www.urbandict...php?term=douche

What the hell heres douche.

Ooooh, douche money.

No, I am not heir to the Massengill fortune. I'm afraid I don't have douche money. I wish, though, I'd flip that to Proctor and Gamble so fast and then biggity bam I'm on a yacht and cruising the Med for hairy Greek ladies.

Strikeslip
  • Strikeslip

I'm a LOVER, not a FIGHTER !

• Feroci
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:58 PM

If you want to be a douche... pour gas on someone's PV with a bit of a gas trail on the ground, then light it by doing a burnout in your car. Other guy pays the bill for his car you just blew up.

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:59 PM

I must be in a different universe than the OP.  Sticky-bombers are still thriving in some of my sessions.  :*(

However, I will say, overall, freeroam is more boring since the money nerf.  We still have the sh*theads and the tankdouches, but none of the electric excitement that we had when lobbies had multiple money-sharers and billion dollar bounties.  Now that was a fun time.  :colgate:

Playing the game now, "the way it's meant to be played," is pretty much just getting sniped from a distance, sticky-bombed or tank-griefed.  Basically, it feels like being an individual roaming around in a war zone.  :/ Not too "GTA-like," if you ask me.  But I expected nothing else from a multiplayer environment. 

You know, I thought it was gonna be all like, jumping over bridges, escaping capture, ganging up, calling out in vain "Johny!!!" as your team mate gets rolled by the coppers. Instead, it's just as you describe here, lone ranger traveling through the gauntlet of death.

• saintsrow and BurningChrome like this

redfirebird87
  • redfirebird87

Perpetually Pedantic

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

You must not be on PS3. Was tank central yesterday for me. Which is ok.. I don't really drive my PV's outside of missions anyway. 

dedlee
  • dedlee

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I've had my stinger gt blown up and shot at pretty frequently.

gtahighroller
  • gtahighroller

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:12 PM

i blow up cars all the time. 6m will last a while thats like 600 adders i can blow up

iainspad
  • iainspad

Souled Out to The New World Order

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:15 PM

I haven't had my cars blown up, but I have blown up others.

Part of the reason is because I like the thrill of a chase, but the other reason is to get random killers off my back, especially during bounties. I will admit though, grief or non-grief, it's become more competitive and fun just like it was before. I actually like it, it amps up the insane in the game and can make it a feat for survival.

Bluesun62
  • Bluesun62

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

I have only seen 4 tanks since last Thursday, but I still pretty much only drive my Sultan. Only seen a few cars blown up.

I'll admit that free roam is pretty boring right now. As much as tank griefers were pain, free roam was better when everyone had lots of cash.

• saintsrow and redfirebird87 like this

Shootinalloveryourface
  • Shootinalloveryourface

No 1 Panto Crew in the World PIGS

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:27 PM

What, like marks then? Oh, wait, that's Deutsch.  Guilders? Hell if I know.

You know deuch bag?

Comedy gold.
  • StewNorth likes this

Zondar
  • Zondar

Puttin' on an iron shirt.......

• Members
  • Ghana

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

Definite decrease in the amount of sticky bombing.

Last night though I saw a guy crash a chopper into the Maze tower so as I was passing I honked to offer him a lift. He got in and immediately his hand goes out the window holding a sticky.
So I then drive him at every white dot I could find as he bombed them all. Must've cost him a fortune, I got to watch the fireworks for free. Also the battle that ensued after we were eventually blown out of the car was the most fun I've had in weeks.

DeathByGenocide
  • DeathByGenocide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

For me all was calm for about 6hrs after the money wipe, since then nothings changed, I have had cars blown up atleast 10 times a day and probably blow up the same amount, if i were in a bubble and knew nothing of the money wipe i'd not even notice it happened.

money is easy come easy go, it's not a behaviour changer of the masses.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm a member of the Deuch Adders Trust Fund. We're awfully international.

LahTigre
  • LahTigre

Miss Demeanor

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by LahTigre, 21 January 2014 - 10:02 PM.

While I have yet to see any sticky bombs thrown since the sweep, my Coquette has been blown up by tank fire no less than three times

Strangely enough my Entity and Cheetah are usually untouched: hand weapons will be fired at them to get the tires or me but nothing more.

rzurita01
  • rzurita01

Boom Bap Rap

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:01 PM

you haven't been in one of my lobbies...

The Tank rarely gets bad sport for blowing peoples cars up now

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:02 PM

yesterday i stickybombed the simeonspecial vehicle (as i allways do =P, i giggle everytime i press that detonate button =) :lol: )    blew it up real good along with some players PV.     lol he got so mad he came raging after me and shot me to death then blew my car up.   it was fun

• DangerZone77 likes this

DangerZone77
  • DangerZone77

ninja not ninjer

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

I don't know if Bad Sport is around anymore. I've never gotten it but I blow up PVs all the time with grenade launchers. Sometimes I put a sticky bomb on the PV while they're in Ammunation then blow them up. No Bad Sport yet. I wonder if R* took it out or I'm just not blowing up enough PVs. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users