Photo

Getting Cheated in Races

14 replies to this topic
Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

Has anybody else experienced sudden "Catchup" when leading a race?  I've had it a few times now, and am certain I'm not mistaken, as I know my Entity and the tracks well enough.  No crashes or anything to even begin causing enough damage to reduce my top speed, either.

But, when it happened just now, I got to see a player standing on the edge of the road at one point.  Maybe I'm just paranoid about someone being responsible, but I am not mistaken that "Catchup" didn't begin until about halfway through the first lap.

Anyway--  it would be cool to get it confirmed that this is something that can be done by those modding the game.  :)

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:05 PM

If catchup is turned on.. they will catchup..

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

i hate catch up . 

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

It was off.  I was Host, and it was even a replay with the same settings. 

Track was "Dipping In".  I managed a higher top speed on my way up the hill, through the curves, then I was able to get for the rest of the race.

BTW - They never caught up.  ;)

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I once had a glitch that seemed to prevent me from going full speed in any vehicle.. it wasn't terribly noticeable until I tried to fly and could barely take off because I was going to slow (the car I had been driving wasn't fast enough to notice.. it was a truck, which is always slow).

I actually went through some troubleshooting steps and found that I was only able to fix the problem by going into SP mode and then back to MP... but this was a long time ago and I haven't had it happen sense - and there have been several patches...

gtaocicat
  • gtaocicat

Underboss of The S1CKMAD3 Mafia

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

i have noticed that my cars tend to peform slower in races than they do when in free roam . i noticed this with my phoenix, rebel , and a couple other cars

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

This has happened 3 times now (that I've noticed.  lol).  And it's only been in the last week or two.

I know there's a lot of ridiculous sh*t people can mod the game and do, but this is merely enabling a setting on the fly.  Very much a "1" or "0" kinda thing, and I bet a spectator standing on the side of the road could access said things just by being in the same session as the race.

Maybe I'm assuming too much, but I'm here asking, rather than just boldly making the claim.  :)

MadHaTT3R
  • MadHaTT3R

Racing isnt Crashing

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:54 PM

Racing in this game is a joke anyway. Nothing but a crash up derby and this catchup ignorance. The only way to actually RACE, is to get some people together that actually understand what a race is. 

Its so bad Ive found I can just hang back a bit at the start and let the kids wreck each other and just move to the front once all the kids have knocked themselves off the track. Course then Catchup kicks in and the ones left cant help but go out of their way to crash you at all costs.......

Ive played 1000 MP games, but this one is teh epitome of bad sport players. For every one player that is worth a sh**, 100 others proves there is no hope for society.

• Rezard likes this

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:30 PM Edited by Rezard, 21 January 2014 - 09:33 PM.

Catchup is for losers.  Literally all it's for.  With it on, you just tag along behind 1st place until just before the finish.  They have no chance that way, unless they start smashing about.  Pretty lame.

I race with Catchup off.  I wish I could turn the garbage used in place of drafting off, too.

What makes racing so great in this game?  The way you can go kill that guy who pissed you off after the race.  Gotta love it.  :)

Rezard
  • Rezard

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:00 PM Edited by Rezard, 27 January 2014 - 10:10 PM.

I think I realized what's going on.  It's just like those times you start seeing cars parked alongside the road in a race with traffic off.

God damn glitchy game...

EDIT: Wow--  that'll be a trip the time you suddenly have a wanted level in a race.  lol

davec69
  • davec69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:15 AM

Yeah, catchup really sucks.   Just when you manage to break away from the idiots tying to pit you in the pack, you're car slows to a crawl, so they can catchup and do it all again.  

I'd much prefer it if catchup sped up the cars in the back, instead of slowing down the car in the front.  At leas this way, the cars in the back would have to use some skill to catch up with the faster car.  Most likely, they'll just take themselves out.

Erick132
  • Erick132

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:54 AM

Catch up has to be the dumbest thing in GTA racing. It makes racing so unbalanced. It should be the way it was in GTA IV. It should be determined on how good you are. Even when you turn the catch up off people are still able to speed up faster.

Mrwhiteglasses
  • Mrwhiteglasses

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:13 AM

Racing in this game is a joke anyway. Nothing but a crash up derby and this catchup ignorance. The only way to actually RACE, is to get some people together that actually understand what a race is.

Not always great idea. Racing people can embarrass you and what you have thought about yourself.

Most players rate themselve high, until they meet wonderkid who is in another league. Then these kind of flame and threads start to appear.

-Waa Waa, how come that player is so much faster than me? 1/0 mod glitch?

Do you leave race if you understand that you will lose just not to tarnish your racing stats?

professor-brainiac
  • professor-brainiac

Criminologist

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:15 AM

ketchup-or-catsup-the-simpsons.gif

J_Villasenor
  • J_Villasenor

☆ Legendary Cat ☆

• Members

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:49 AM