Sandy Shores appreciation thread

24 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

I really wish I could have a safehouse out there outside of Trevor's trailer. It has such a lawless and off the grid kind of vibe to it that to me it makes it a perfect place to do police chases and shootouts. I also love how you can be driving around and all of a sudden you come across a police shootout and if you help the criminals they let you have some of the money.

After the beach area by Del Pero and Vespucci it is my favorite place on the map. It's like no mans land out there and it feels dangerous.

• RiaJay21 likes this

A-Wax8
  • A-Wax8

Geah

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:15 PM

what's the point in another trailer? you can use Trevors trailer as safehouse with Michael too when they are banned from LS

Xerukal
  • Xerukal

Kind ol' Trev

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:18 PM Edited by Xerukal, 21 January 2014 - 07:19 PM.

what's the point in another trailer? you can use Trevors trailer as safehouse with Michael too when they are banned from LS

He may be talking about a possible purchasable safehouse for GTA Online. 

Something I'd really like, as well. 

I could see Blaine County properties/safehouses appearing with a themed DLC for Online. Like "No Man's Land DLC" or something like that. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

He may be talking about a possible purchasable safehouse for GTA Online. 

Something I'd really like, as well. 

I could see Blaine County properties/safehouses appearing with a themed DLC for Online. Like "No Man's Land DLC" or something like that. 

Both online and SP. I want to be able to live in Sandy Shores online and have a Ruiner or Phoenix parked outside. I could get a bunch of tattoos and wear a tank top.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:25 PM Edited by Los Santos Police Department, 21 January 2014 - 07:26 PM.

The town is dangerous for sure, it's full of meth cooks and hillbillies.

Only a few decent people there.

Luuk'
  • Luuk'

Sup

• Members
  • Nigeria

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

But it's located in a beautiful area, by the Alamo Sea. Beautiful views from above.

• MetalMilitia89 likes this

Niko Valentine
  • Niko Valentine

Passion in acting with Hasselhoff Fever.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 06:54 PM

And the town creates a gritty atmosphere!

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:09 PM Edited by StingrayX, 18 March 2014 - 07:10 PM.

I think Sandy Shores is nice, but I wish there was a wealthier town across the lake. The grittiness of Sandy Shores is cool and all but sometimes I'd prefer a richer town based off of Lake Arrowhead and Big Bear Lake right across the lake.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

F*ck the 4th amendment!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 18 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Yep, everyone appreciates those meth gangs! :p

But it is a beautiful area, with the Alamo sea, and Mt.Chiliad nearby.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:20 PM

I remember a few years ago watching something about the Salton Sea and I thought it would be great if an open world game took place there. I guess they granted my wishes.

LethalDrizzle
  • LethalDrizzle

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:30 PM

Easily my favourite part of the map. I love the off the grid feel of the place like you said, something about it feels more real and original than the rest of the map. Its a pity your online character can't live there like Trevor in some sort of trailer. The fact Rockstar included such a huge desert section and did it so well was unexpected.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

They really need to add some online places to live outside of LS.

• Scaglietti likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:52 PM Edited by Cutter De Blanc, 18 March 2014 - 09:54 PM.

The "off the grid" feel is ruined by the police station there. It doesn't feel lawless when I fire my gun into the air and get a wanted level. Does the Salton Sea actually have a police station?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:16 PM Edited by universetwisters, 18 March 2014 - 10:16 PM.

...perfect place to do police chases and shootouts.

242.gif

The minute my gun goes off in even the most remote part of Sandy Shores, I'm surrounded by cops.

But yeah, Sandy Shore's a nice little town. My second favorite to Paleto Bay.

warlord GTAV
  • warlord GTAV

Wizard

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:17 PM

The salton sea has 2 police stations and a sheriff on horseback.

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:25 PM

Since Sandy Shores has a policestation. they should have made Stab City bigger and more populated, because Stab City is based off the real-life lawless Slab City where you can get away with any crime, and therefore Stab City could have been the perfect place for committing crime.

• universetwisters likes this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:29 PM Edited by universetwisters, 18 March 2014 - 10:29 PM.

Since Sandy Shores has a policestation. they should have made Stab City bigger and more populated, because Stab City is based off the real-life lawless Slab City where you can get away with any crime, and therefore Stab City could have been the perfect place for committing crime.

I think Stab city is just the right size in relation to Slab City, what with Slab City being a campsite/RV park for tourists and all that jazz.

• Shah Sam likes this

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:36 PM Edited by PaletoChickenCapo, 18 March 2014 - 10:37 PM.

I think Stab city is just the right size in relation to Slab City, what with Slab City being a campsite/RV park for tourists and all that jazz.

Yeah, that would have been cool, but maybe The Lost should have another hideout then. Two lawless towns. One with the Lost bikers, a place where Trevor can kill and blow up the Lost without worrying about the normal residents, and another town, like Slab/Stab City that is lawless but has tourists.

Btw, I found the owner of the real life "The Range".

https://www.facebook...location=stream

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:30 PM

Love the vibe there.

LestersSiesta
  • LestersSiesta

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:34 AM

You should be able to buy houses there, the fact you have to drive or fly up there all the time means that you by default spend less time there,

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:30 PM

I just realized how much I love this town. Especially the train line going right by the main street

I hope Rockstar sees it's potential in a future GTA 5 DLC, if we ever get one that doesn't revolve around supercars and flashy suits.

OSO22
  • OSO22

Founder of The Regulators956

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 05:51 AM

I'm always saying how more people should go to war in Sandy shores and the valley with the river through it. I've had some epic battles in both locations and trust me, it's a huge difference from city confrontations. There's a more wild west feel to two crews or even two individuals fighting it out in the desert

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

carver ftw!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

yea i like sandy shores like someone said they should have a desert dlc with horses with no names. a revolver more offroad vehicles and expand the desert its way to small. i would love to go to the middle of town and have a duel like rdr. plus like someone said the gunfights are very different they feel more fun and unique. and if they added a revolver and and maybe a lever action rifle it would make it so cool. and it would make people come there more. the only time i see people in sandy shores is either to get a plane or when i have a bounty and i try to lead people to the desert. and sandy shores should have some unique stuff to it that con only be done there. thats my long two cents if anybody stays at the city come to the desert you might like it

Mr.Raspberry Jam
  • Mr.Raspberry Jam

Bringing great joy to a lonely man

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:39 PM

I love how different it is from Los Santos, so when you get bored of being superficial you can go up to Blaine County and just be away from all the drama.

Alex Wesker
  • Alex Wesker

No. 012 of Project W

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 28 May 2014 - 06:45 PM

Eww...I like Tongva Valley better. It's also where Devin Weston lives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users