Photo

Cut property found in gameplay trailer.

52 replies to this topic
D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:14 PM Edited by D3ADSH0T, 24 January 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Yesterday I decided to watch the gameplay trailer again just to see the differences between the retail and this. Then I found something in there.

At the scene where michael is going into the water doing the monkey business mission, there seems to be a safe house on the mini map in the top right part.

Now I went there just now and it seems to be a pier. So it was going to be another docks for us or dlc maybe? Or just another cut idea...

The map even looks a bit different on the mini map. Its nothing serious though, just sharing.
Anyway here is the picture:
xfp7wi.png

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:17 PM

That's where you can buy the submarine place. I think.

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

''Cool it, assholes''

• Members
  • United-States

Maybe it was the Waste Management property that was ment to be near the Humane Labs?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Looks like Sonar Collections might have been a safe house at some point. 

Katve
  • Katve

Lost in Liberty City

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Does somebody know this location ? IMO it looks more like Eastern Coast. It may be another dock we could buy somewhere or it is just Sonar Collection Dock acting like save house. It also may be placeholder icon for some other place and marked has been changed to proper one later, but I can't think about any good examples.

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:22 PM

I suddenly can't help but think that all purchaseable properties were intended to work as safe houses, like the strip club does for Trevor.

And I also can't help but think that these may become safe houses in later DLCs.

• Luddite and Udrift like this

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:24 PM

Lol, the place you're thinking of is on the west side. This is the east side.

gn1992
  • gn1992

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

You'll be disappointed if you start to watch all the trailers again and see the differences.

• saintsrow, D3ADSH0T, Lil_B_The Basedgod and 1 other like this

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:26 PM

More than likely properties were to act as safehouses for the protagonists. That or Michael's mansion was originally a peir.

TheFoxRiverFugitive
  • TheFoxRiverFugitive

Sly Fox

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

What are you guys talking about? This is from the mission where you break into the humane research lab, so the property was probably that shack you meat Haines and Norton at to start the mission.

• Sprue and thegodfather23 like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

What are you guys talking about? This is from the mission where you break into the humane research lab, so the property was probably that shack you meat Haines and Norton at to start the mission.

But it's indicated with a safehouse marker. Not a blue M. 

Argon
  • Argon

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

Yeah I think he means that it was a safe house first. He didn't mean it was a mission starter symbol. He was just replying to the weird comments about it being the solar docks. That's on the west coast, this is on the east coast. I dunno, we'll never know, I guess..

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

No, I was thinking of the Waste Management place, with the dock, that houses the sub when you acquire it.

fac316
  • fac316

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

i dont understand y all properties couldn't double as that, in evey gta they were.

Cr!minal
  • Cr!minal

Career Criminal

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

Better quality image.

xfp7wi.png

I think it's somewhere near Humane Research Labs.

D3ADSH0T
  • D3ADSH0T

witcher

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:45 PM

@Cr!minal
Thanks for the better quality image. Ill update my OP with it if I may.

Acetaminophen
  • Acetaminophen

I'm on Decadence and Demerol

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:10 PM

I honestly think R* are holding back on things for DLC as much as I don't want that to be true. 

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

No, I was thinking of the Waste Management place, with the dock, that houses the sub when you acquire it.

Which is on the west side of the map...

• D3ADSH0T likes this

Azpema
  • Azpema

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 January 2014 - 08:07 PM

Better quality image.

xfp7wi.png

I think it's somewhere near Humane Research Labs.

Have you guys seen where is the house on the radar¿?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Traum - Tagtraum - Am Fenster

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:03 PM

Yeah, just by looking at V's map and where the "north" is, it looks like the Humane labs

Udrift
  • Udrift

SA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:59 PM

I think this is most likely true.

The Collecter's Edition map, isn't worth a pebble. However, one of the things it lists in red at the bottom right is Safe houses.

Safe House

Fast Cash

Custom Rides

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Is Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Maybe it was the Glory Hole Theme Park with interactive glory holes online.....a guy can dream can`t he?

saintsrow
  • saintsrow

Dime store angel of death

• Members
  • None
  • Best Story/Poem 2015 [The "I Love Karen Daniels" fanfic]

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:35 PM

i dont understand y all properties couldn't double as that, in evey gta they were.

I was already disappointed that Luis only has one safehouse in TBOGT, after having multiple safehouses in GTA IV.  I was hoping things would get better.  But then we got GTAV and GTA0. 

The real frustration in TBOGT was the constriction of always starting from the same point on the map.  I would have liked two safehouses per island in Liberty City, one north and one south. 

In GTAV, there is a bit of randomness in where the SP game starts you after a fast save, but it's not much. 

Well, giving it more thought, I have to say however that in GTA0 where you can spawn from last location, is a step in the right direction. 

• stjimmy3 likes this

SonofUgly
  • SonofUgly

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 24 January 2014 - 11:57 PM

It's not the sonar property where you get the sub.

Spoiler

I really do think that there where buyable safehouses planned, that got cut, and this is some evidence of that.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:10 AM

Yesterday I decided to watch the gameplay trailer again just to see the differences between the retail and this. Then I found something in there.

At the scene where michael is going into the water doing the monkey business mission, there seems to be a safe house on the mini map in the top right part.

Now I went there just now and it seems to be a pier. So it was going to be another docks for us or dlc maybe? Or just another cut idea...

The map even looks a bit different on the mini map. Its nothing serious though, just sharing.
xfp7wi.png

Surprise Masterfocker isn't in here saying this is fake and Rockstar focus all on Single Player. 

Proof Rockstar is holding back for DLC. 

• dyz, D3ADSH0T, grumpy cat meme and 1 other like this

grumpy cat meme
  • grumpy cat meme

Le p'tit minou

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:40 AM

xfp7wi.png

Surprise Masterfocker isn't in here saying this is fake and Rockstar focus all on Single Player. 

Proof Rockstar is holding back for DLC. 

It's not a proof, it's just your opinion.

Spoiler

• stjimmy3 likes this

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:51 AM

This is from a Rockstar Beta. Beta means it isn't finished yet, it can mean anything. It's not "proof", or a "fact" or "DLC" or ANYTHING. It's a picture with a safehouse icon on it, this means NOTHING and ANYTHING.

WorldWideFM
  • WorldWideFM

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:00 AM Edited by jarredxmorris, 25 January 2014 - 02:01 AM.

I'm going off memory here, but the narrator says something along the lines of. "Once you complete your heists, you decide what to spend your money on. Everything from sensible investments like tattoos and fast cars, to risky ventures like stock, and Los Santos real estate... And then, there's Grand Theft Auto Online, which we'll show you properly soon"

Let's zoom in on that with our magical word map. 

"Los Santos real estate... And then there's Grand Theft Auto Online"

Zoom in more please! 

"And then"

Real estate, and then Online. That to me suggests that purchasable real estate, by which we mean property like houses rather than business were a part of the offline game at that point. The language the narrator uses makes it extremely clear that some point, purchasable real estate was available outside of online. 

With that in mind, and this picture, my opinion is that the question isn't "was there purchasable real estate?". The question is "why was it removed at such a late stage in development?"

I don't actually care, I mean property is pretty pointless anyway and you can just quick save wherever you want. I'm not one of those idiotic haters who likes to go on rants about "Cockstar" and all that rubbish about saving something for DLC, but it really is intriguing. The game was going gold at that point, you don't remove something like that at such a late stage unless there are real issues with it. Perhaps game breaking glitches that they didn't have the time to fix, or maybe it just didn't fit the mood properly.

Interesting...

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 02:28 AM

This is from a Rockstar Beta. Beta means it isn't finished yet, it can mean anything. It's not "proof", or a "fact" or "DLC" or ANYTHING. It's a picture with a safehouse icon on it, this means NOTHING and ANYTHING.

This is proof. Its from the gameplay trailer. This is a fact.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:11 AM

Probably cut from the beta, or maybe a placeholder to test something, or maybe a dlc.

We don't know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users