Quantcast

» «
Photo

What is the Sultan? Karin Sultan appreciation spin-off

133 replies to this topic

Poll: What is the Karin Sultan based off? (204 member(s) have cast votes)

Which car is it?

1. Subaru Impreza (52 votes [25.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.49%

2. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV (7 votes [3.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.43%

3. Mitsubishi Evolution VII (7 votes [3.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.43%

4. Lexus IS 1st Gen. (26 votes [12.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.75%

5. A mixture of the Lexus IS and Evo VII (56 votes [27.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

6. I don't care. (56 votes [27.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 27.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:09 PM

Okay. After following the Karin Sultan appreciation thread, it has come to my attention those looking at the body of our beloved Sports car, the Karin Sultan, that arguments have arose about which vehicle the Sultan is based off.

Many people are suggesting that the vehicle is based off of a Subaru Impreza, following it's predecessor from GTA: San Andreas, where it is clearly an Impreza, as all body work and paintjobs show.

People also suggest it is based upon the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV, mostly because of it's rear-lights. I myself, believe the lights are nothing less than identical to the Lancer's rear lights and the shape of the entire rear end from rear quarter panels indicate that this is fact, more than theory.

But as we reach the front of the vehicle, this is where the debate begins. The light match the first generation of the Lexus IS. It has extreme similarities, however the lights do also have similarities to the Evo VII lights.

The Mitsubishi Evo VII is the believable basis of the car, as many people, motorheads or not, since GTA IV, claim that the Sultan, particularly modded to the class of a Sultan RS represents an image of the Evo VII.

I will leave the debate to you guys, feel free to vote, post your point of view and keep the topic rolling, with your own pictures to try and argue your point.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

Its based on a car.

Why not leave it at that?
  • Timely likes this

Sash
  • Sash

Mile high club

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:13 PM

It is based on the first generation Lexus IS. The rear lights are featured from the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV.

lexus.jpg

• hesselgren, lRushdown, MookStunna and 2 others like this

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

Its based on a car.
Why not leave it at that?

it become a discussion in the thread and I'm sure other people that are jig fans of cars will want to get to the bottom of it.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

I voted lexus at random and it seems I was right, lol.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

All three. These arguments are so stupid.

No car in GTA is purely based on ONE real life car.

• fERON likes this

Fox2Quick
  • Fox2Quick

Foxmaster Flex

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Dominator.

Besides the emblems on the quarter panels, the car is 100% Mustang and we all know emblems don't mean jack in this game. Especially since they're in the same spot the classic Mustang fastbacks had them.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:28 PM

Dominator.

Besides the emblems on the quarter panels, the car is 100% Mustang and we all know emblems don't mean jack in this game. Especially since they're in the same spot the classic Mustang fastbacks had them.

Okay one car is based purely on one real life car, but any idiot can see the Sultan is not 100% Evo, Subaru or Lexus. The whole argument is pointless.

PrimeTime MP
  • PrimeTime MP

The Peoples Champ

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

Dominator.

Okay one car is based purely on one real life car, but any idiot can see the Sultan is not 100% Evo, Subaru or Lexus. The whole argument is pointless.

A lot more then 1 car
  • Canibitch likes this

Acky.
  • Acky.

Tom Atkinson

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:45 PM

Dominator.

A lot more then 1 car

Gauntlet, RH8, Vacca, Adder, Entity XF, Monroe, Coquette, Oracle, Cavalcade, just to name a few off of my head.

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

I like how OP points out the only influence in GTA:SA on the Sultan was the Subaru. I think thats the main reason its hard for me to see the Mitsubishi/Toyota/Lexus in it. Well that and I drive a 2004 WRX in real life, so I see it everyday.

Dominator.
A lot more then 1 car
Gauntlet, RH8, Vacca, Adder, Entity XF, Monroe, Coquette, Oracle, Cavalcade, just to name a few off of my head.

Gauntlet is based on Camaro/Challenger. Adder is based on the Veyron/Aero X. Both of those are also heavily disputed. Especially the Gauntlet.

lRushdown
  • lRushdown

HERO

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:54 PM

It's made by Karin (Toyota), so it's an Altezza (same thing as Lexus IS) that has been changed up slightly because R* doesn't own the licenses to use real cars.  Same as every other vehicle in the game.

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:55 PM

I will leave the debate to you guys, feel free to vote, post your point of view and keep the topic rolling, with your own pictures to try and argue your point.

Pretty sure it's a Karin, I don't know why people can't figure it out. Says right on the back.

More importantly, why is there a terrible photo of a what appears to be a 14 year old shirtless boy giving me his teenage interpertation of "bedroom eyes" in your sig? I'm pretty sure that its the complete opposite of "brooding masculinity" and lands much closer to "the sort of thing Penn State coaches molest in their basement"

Can we start a thread about this, now? Or simply move the discussion in that direction? I don't mean about the sort of things that Penn State coaches molest in their basements insomuch as I mean simply how gay that picture is.

Coz it is.

And not the sort of "woohoo, party and disco, these gay guys sure now how to have a good time!!" and "holy crap, what are those dudes doing back in those peep show boothes" gay.

• Jolly Swagman, dannybohy, Timely and 3 others like this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:00 PM Edited by The Angel King, 21 January 2014 - 03:01 PM.

As I have said in that thread. It looks to be based on the Lexus/Toyota(Altezza tailights, IS front end) and Evolution everything else. The "rally wing" is also from the EVO. I see absolutely no Subaru anywhere in it. No more than a Subaru looks like an Evo.

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. It is just what I see :)

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:21 PM

As I have said in that thread. It looks to be based on the Lexus/Toyota(Altezza tailights, IS front end) and Evolution everything else. The "rally wing" is also from the EVO. I see absolutely no Subaru anywhere in it. No more than a Subaru looks like an Evo.

Good to see you changed your song. In the other thread everyone that disagreed with you or had a different opinion was "wrong", an "idiot", or a "moron".
  • o ILL AUDIO o likes this

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:24 PM Edited by senormidget, 21 January 2014 - 03:25 PM.

It's based on several different cars, just like many other cars in the game.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:28 PM Edited by S-M-O-K-E, 21 January 2014 - 03:31 PM.

It's made by Karin (Toyota), so it's an Altezza (same thing as Lexus IS) that has been changed up slightly because R* doesn't own the licenses to use real cars.  Same as every other vehicle in the game.

NAILED IT!! Well said.

Not sure why there is such a debate over something so obvious. Karin = Toyota not Mitsubishi, Honda or Subaru. Yes, there is likely influence from other vehicles so R* doesnt get sued, but this car IS NOT a WRX or Evo.
  • lRushdown likes this

Coin
  • Coin

Game Over

• Members
  • South-Georgia-and-the-South-Sandwich-Islands

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:32 PM

It's a Subavolutexus.

Lol. Close, but no potato.

djmatao
  • djmatao

Here for the Lulz

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

Pretty sure it's a Karin, I don't know why people can't figure it out. Says right on the back.

More importantly, why is there a terrible photo of a what appears to be a 14 year old shirtless boy giving me his teenage interpertation of "bedroom eyes" in your sig? I'm pretty sure that its the complete opposite of "brooding masculinity" and lands much closer to "the sort of thing Penn State coaches molest in their basement"

Can we start a thread about this, now? Or simply move the discussion in that direction? I don't mean about the sort of things that Penn State coaches molest in their basements insomuch as I mean simply how gay that picture is.

Coz it is.

And not the sort of "woohoo, party and disco, these gay guys sure now how to have a good time!!" and "holy crap, what are those dudes doing back in those peep show boothes" gay.

This is more fitting for an answer than this thread topic

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

Sultan in IV was simply a Subaru period...
Sultan in V look more like a Lancer.
  • The Angel King likes this

hesselgren
  • hesselgren

Homeboy

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

karin is toyota right?   then the sultan must be the lexus, cus lexus is toyotas premium brand. its only logical

• S-M-O-K-E likes this

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:18 PM Edited by The Angel King, 21 January 2014 - 05:20 PM.

Good to see you changed your song. In the other thread everyone that disagreed with you or had a different opinion was "wrong", an "idiot", or a "moron".

Changed my song? Nothing has changed. I have no desire to argue facts with people that think their opinion is more valuable than facts. People became hostile and foolish, so ya I was more outspoken on the issue than it needed to be. What can I say..I am a car guy. I see the differences clearly and when people tell me I am wrong or because they want it to be something it isn't that it is ok...well sure you can think that, but it doesn't mean it is correct. If the thing is based on X kind of car with a little bit of Z, saying it is a Y car doesn't make it so. I was basing what I said on facts, not my opinion. I wasn't telling people my views or opinions are the only answer or their opinions are not valuable. Facts are just facts. As someone else put it, I wasn't wrong, but I was an ass about it. I can agree with that. I did call someone a moron and such when what I said was twisted completely into something that wasn't said or implied. Plus the fascist and hypocrite insults...... deserved to be called out for being moronic. It has become very clear no matter what someone says people on here tend to read what they want to read, rather than what was actually written. Some I see, tend to be very hostile posters. Can see that from other posts they do as well, so it isn't just me. Forgive me if I am an ass for pointing that out. I have a low tolerance for B.S.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

°°°°°°°

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

IS300 front end

IS300 engine

Subaru exhaust note

Evo taillights.

/thread...

• PerceusSOZ likes this

bloatedsack
  • bloatedsack

Easy like Monday morning

• Members
  • Vatican-City

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:03 PM

Forgive me if I am an ass for pointing that out. I have a low tolerance for B.S.

How's your tolerance for creepy 14 year old kids giving you his best smouldering? Do you have tolerance for that?

KuSrReI.png

• lRushdown, Jolly Swagman, djmatao and 1 other like this

xInfamousRYANx
  • xInfamousRYANx

Im a F*cking Marine!!!!!!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

its also based off the Toyota Altezza

• Luk38644 and lRushdown like this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:39 PM

Changed my song? Nothing has changed. I have no desire to argue facts with people that think their opinion is more valuable than facts. People became hostile and foolish, so ya I was more outspoken on the issue than it needed to be. What can I say..I am a car guy. I see the differences clearly and when people tell me I am wrong or because they want it to be something it isn't that it is ok...well sure you can think that, but it doesn't mean it is correct. If the thing is based on X kind of car with a little bit of Z, saying it is a Y car doesn't make it so. I was basing what I said on facts, not my opinion. I wasn't telling people my views or opinions are the only answer or their opinions are not valuable. Facts are just facts. As someone else put it, I wasn't wrong, but I was an ass about it. I can agree with that. I did call someone a moron and such when what I said was twisted completely into something that wasn't said or implied. Plus the fascist and hypocrite insults...... deserved to be called out for being moronic. It has become very clear no matter what someone says people on here tend to read what they want to read, rather than what was actually written. Some I see, tend to be very hostile posters. Can see that from other posts they do as well, so it isn't just me. Forgive me if I am an ass for pointing that out. I have a low tolerance for B.S.

I thought you changed your song for the best as in you were opening up to other opinions. That is far from true, you believe your opinion to be factual now.
  • Canibitch likes this

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

Also whats winning on the poll currently? I can't see the results.

The Angel King
  • The Angel King

Retired

• Awaiting Authorisation
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:46 PM Edited by The Angel King, 21 January 2014 - 06:52 PM.

Nope. I believe facts are facts and opinions are opinions. Many posts, pictures, and sites back what I have said up. There is no delusion.

My main point was the Sultan is NOT a Subaru in THIS CURRENT game. That is a clear fact. Nothing more. Time to move a long.

Edit:

"A mixture of the Lexus IS and Evo VII"

Not that it matters, but out of the choices that are maybe too specific(?) didn't someone show pictures of the rear end of the EVO IV showing 99% of what the Sultan rear end is? Ya I know I am splitting hairs now, but hey I am a try-hard after all.

Poll results show that the majority say it is not a Subaru. 

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

LOL that subaru is leading the poll.  

Ronzilla187
  • Ronzilla187

O.G.

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:19 PM Edited by Ronzilla187, 21 January 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Nope. I believe facts are facts and opinions are opinions. Many posts, pictures, and sites back what I have said up. There is no delusion.

My main point was the Sultan is NOT a Subaru in THIS CURRENT game. That is a clear fact. Nothing more. Time to move a long.

Edit:
"A mixture of the Lexus IS and Evo VII"
Not that it matters, but out of the choices that are maybe too specific(?) didn't someone show pictures of the rear end of the EVO IV showing 99% of what the Sultan rear end is? Ya I know I am splitting hairs now, but hey I am a try-hard after all.

Poll results show that the majority say it is not a Subaru. 
So R* has never came out and specified what car the Sultan is? Oh they didn't? Oh yeah thats right the Sultan is a fictional car and the real life cars people think they look like are OPINIONS. (Facts in your world)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users