Photo

What Do You Do For Fun?

63 replies to this topic
HiThere154
  • HiThere154

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:17 AM

GTA V (And all of the Grand Theft Auto's for that matter) can be said that they never run out of fun, other's disagree. I would like to see what the Grand Theft Auto community think of the "never run out of fun" mentality.

To expand on this, what do you do during the campaign and after to make your GTA experience optimal?

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

You're all a bunch of ungrateful children

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:36 AM Edited by CantThinkOfOne2013, 21 January 2014 - 10:40 AM.

I can have fun with a GTA for years after the critics role (even with GTA IV, even though I was extremely disappointed with it):

• 5 Star Wanted level train battles - these are endless fun.
  • Attempting to land the 747 and Cargo Plane (can be obtained through save editing) anywhere but the airports.
  • Rare vehicle hunting.
  • Off-Roading
  • Racing (for anyone who does not know, you can start an unscripted race by revvingr your engine next to a sports car at a set of traffic lights)
  • Destroying vehicles with the Dozer.
  • Doing aerobatics in the 747, Cargo Plane and Titan.
  • Rhino, Buzzard Attack Chopper and P-996 Lazer rampages.
  • Flying dangerously close to the ground in the P-996 Lazer.
  • Going out to the countryside and flooring it.
  • Using the Cargobob as a bomber.
  • Replay missions.
  • Taking it slow and talking in the scenery, making it feel like you are actually there.
  • The list goes on.

The only reason people say that you run out of fun things to do in GTA V is because they have lost their imagination since they only play games for storytelling and nothing else.

• ten-a-penny, DutchGangsta and chilliadas1 like this

SupraDork
  • SupraDork

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

I get enjoyment out of simply finding and stealing muscle cars and restoring them.  I try to steal only the cars that are parked in lots that cannot be seen easily and when no one is around.  It gives me a sense of accomplishment to avoid *getting caught* and having to case out parking lots.

I also enjoy being the vigilante.  At night I cruise known gang/hoodlum hangouts and attack gangsters with a baseball bat or billy club.  I can't wait to find the broken bottle... hahaha.

I cap off the night going on a brutal melee assaut fest, sprinting down the street closelining as many people as possible before the cops kill me.

• GRUNT11B likes this

SuburbansWorst
  • SuburbansWorst

Lance Vance Dance Crew Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 January 2014 - 06:35 AM

It's a sandbox game.

I just like cruising the map and smashing hookers, walking in Vespucci Beach listening to the funny conversations the AI are putting out, get 5 stars, play online and do some deathmatches with friends and just joke around killing more cops, i like to replay the heists because those are my favorite missions of all of the GTA games, also just riding a bike and stunting. Everyone complaining there is nothing to do in GTA V. smh

The fun is the freedom to do what you want to do

• GRUNT11B likes this

BeLikeMike
  • BeLikeMike

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 07:01 AM

-Talk sh*t and start fights

- Triathlons(especially the long one)

-Play golf(best score -5)

- Street races

- Buy vehicles

- Rob security vans

pyrhhus5
  • pyrhhus5

Lone wolf

• Members

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:47 PM

at about the 55% complete mark, when michael and trever cannot go into LS without all those guys showing up to kill them, i like to sit right off a pier, just out of range and hit them with the sniper rifle.  then when the cops show up, i stop shooting and watch the two groups battle it out.  if you do it right and avoid 3 stars, you can extend this session for quite some time. 

alternate version:  take a taxi to the police station down the street from the ammunation on west side of town and walk into the police station and take cover near the armor.  cops vs goons.

• Cutter De Blanc and ten-a-penny like this

REXX93
  • REXX93

QUATREX Special Operations Unit

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:16 AM

I am actually a big fan of taxi side missions. I never get bored of doing it and I make money at the same time. The good thing is that there is no time limit during taxi missions like in previous GTA games, meaning I can just take it easy when I feel like it. Ok, so I probably won't get a tip, but still, I got there in one piece and not a single scratch on my taxi. Other things that keep me entertained are driving semi trucks with trailers around dirt tracks and "try" to get it up to the top of Mt. Chilliad (haven't managed to do that yet) and just cruise around San Andreas.

• voyager likes this

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

GTA Supercop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:04 AM

A challenge that I tried today:

Started a solo session with a 1000.00 bounty that someone placed on me, right before I laughed at him and left last night. Just outside the subway station I set the starting point to last location and found a new session. I was able to start free roam with this bounty, went into the station to wait for a subway train while someone was driving around above the station looking for me. Eventually I caught a train and the challenge began.

Traveling underground was uneventful, but as soon as the train surfaced I passed someone driving into his garage, who then backed up and got out of his car..so I opened fire with my Combat MG and killed him. A little ways down the track two more people each driving their own cars pulled up behind the train, then started driving beside the train. One of them was right next to me, aiming a sticky bomb, so I started shooting at him as well, until he pulled ahead a little and had cover between the train windows, then the guy further from the train killed me with a sticky bomb, but also took out his friend who was right next to it.

• ten-a-penny and GRUNT11B like this

DIEXEL
  • DIEXEL

Trick

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:14 AM

Night + fully modified sportcar + the camera on the hood + drive in high speed through the tiny and small roads in the Vinewood Hills. :beerhat:

killahmatic
  • killahmatic

JB

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:42 AM

There are tons of fun things you can do, but for me, most of the fun just comes from random stuff. For example:

Last week I spent two days looking for a Sabre Turbo that I hadn't seen in weeks. I gave up looking for it. A few hours later I was parachuting with Trevor. I happened to see a car that resembled it in the distance, so I landed, ran to the interstate, and took out my sniper rifle. The car was about as far as it could be and I knew I had only one shot to kill the driver before he'd take off and despawn. Unbelievably, I got him, the car veered right and slammed into the wall, so I ran down the interstate, finally got to it and and got in. When I saw it in the parachute I figured there was no chance I would ever get to it, even if it were the right car, because I was already low and landing away from the highway. I couldn't believe that it was still there.  

I'd say that was one of the most satisfying moments so far. 

As for moments you can set up yourself, get a 5 star wanted level and hop on the trail. It makes for some pretty insane moments. Plus, its much more of a managable situation than a police chase on the streets. You can also easily get away by jumping off in a tunnel. 

tekks_2jz_sr5
  • tekks_2jz_sr5

crew getaway driver

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:46 AM

Stacking dump trucks on the maze bank with cargobobs
Our crew got to 5 before we screwed up

Doing flips out of Titans on dirtbikes and bmx

Causing massive pileups on the freeway with buses and semis then hitting it with air strikes

Car surfing on ambulance as your friends blast cops from the back doors with m60

Using cargo bob and a small island to do vehicle king of the hill

And my favorite
Trolling lil kids who annoy you with your entire crew

SupraDork
  • SupraDork

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

There are tons of fun things you can do, but for me, most of the fun just comes from random stuff. For example:

Last week I spent two days looking for a Sabre Turbo that I hadn't seen in weeks. I gave up looking for it. A few hours later I was parachuting with Trevor. I happened to see a car that resembled it in the distance, so I landed, ran to the interstate, and took out my sniper rifle. The car was about as far as it could be and I knew I had only one shot to kill the driver before he'd take off and despawn. Unbelievably, I got him, the car veered right and slammed into the wall, so I ran down the interstate, finally got to it and and got in. When I saw it in the parachute I figured there was no chance I would ever get to it, even if it were the right car, because I was already low and landing away from the highway. I couldn't believe that it was still there.  

I'd say that was one of the most satisfying moments so far. 

As for moments you can set up yourself, get a 5 star wanted level and hop on the trail. It makes for some pretty insane moments. Plus, its much more of a managable situation than a police chase on the streets. You can also easily get away by jumping off in a tunnel. 

Love it.

Charlie The Tuna
  • Charlie The Tuna

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:38 AM

A day at the beach does it for me. Mr. Bananas loves taking his hearse down to the beach and running over all the daytime beach goers, it gets better in the evening when the hippies show up. I just love hanging out with the micro bus crew and then beating their brains out with my bat ot golf club, or just plain old mowing them down in the hearse.

0_0.jpg

• SupraDork and Red Lynx 23 like this

SupraDork
  • SupraDork

Player Hater

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

I enjoy shooting gas tanks, letting them leak, then igniting the pool of gas causing them to explode.  I met my match last night as I tried it with the tank behind the house that's across the water from the lighthouse.  Shooting it didn't make the gas leak out as expected.  The damn thing blew up in a massive explosion that ended up killing me.

A day at the beach does it for me. Mr. Bananas loves taking his hearse down to the beach and running over all the daytime beach goers, it gets better in the evening when the hippies show up. I just love hanging out with the micro bus crew and then beating their brains out with my bat ot golf club, or just plain old mowing them down in the hearse.

0_0.jpg

Mr. Bananas is awesome.

Red Lynx 23
  • Red Lynx 23

GTA Supercop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:52 PM

Join someone on the mission Editor In Thief. And after the host, my personal vehicle, and myself all spawned away from each other and he didn't bother to scoop me up along the way, I ran into a subway station and started hitting NPC's waiting on the platform with my night stick.

GatoYBeans
  • GatoYBeans

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

I go around and do what every GTA is about, go kill peds start a police war, cure cancer, end world hunger and smack Obama for not helping a beaner. 

Or

Stop playing the game for months after you beat it and hate online so much. Bless you COD and watch My Little Pony /)

136416446316.png

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:16 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 14 February 2014 - 08:17 AM.

I enjoy messing with the AI.

Story time!

I was using trevor, riding on my Sanchez South of Sandy shores. I Stumbled upon a small farm with a fat farmer monitering his supplies behind his barn. I hop off my bike and sneak past him to the barns entrance. In the barn I find a tractor and plant C4 on it. I sneak back to the bike and proceed to flip the fat farmer off, "Hey you, buddy! Come out of the closet!". The farmer responds to my taunt with "Don't f*ck with a country boah!" whilst pulling out his pistol and pointing it at me. In this moment I quickly activate the C4. He ducks at the sound of an explosion from within his barn yelling "Holy sh*t!". He proceeds to angrily shoot at me as I ride off into the sunset like a badass.

Moments like these make video game AI interaction something special.

• Cutter De Blanc, twistedweather and GRUNT11B like this

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:02 AM Edited by Syphiroth, 14 February 2014 - 10:08 AM.

Golf, truck/24/7 store robbing, darts, boat cruising, strip club, booty calls, hangouts, random selfie or group photos, tennis, driving each car for a certain thing of my day with whatever character I feel like playing as.

I actually lately been trying to get industrial work cars and I dress my guys in workout fits and hangout, go to construction sites and just f*ck around or make up my own extortion route so I get out the bat or golf club and bash the current workers on the site. I sometimes dress Michael & Trevor in suits and go kill/fight the lost MC and other criminal ideas that don't actually do anything but for my imagination it keeps me busy and I also find areas or places I had been and never took notice before? Example, Mission Row the impound lot, well you can enter the front and I didn't know that, ever? Did today when reading on how to get this FIB SUV and it said the police station part of the repo area can he accessed. I know I didn't find it as I mention but by areas I'm talking like mirror park, murrieta heights and just the areas I never took much notice of and finding stuff in the areas that keep me playing along, or bringing in some idea for myself to enjoy my time. I hope some more buildings do open up with this SP DLC I reading about and I mean like tequila nightclub, and other SP places we entered or about to enter with this DLC.

Anyway that's what I do? As I got the cars I wanted, found others and lost most interest in trying to find rare cars, the Easter eggs don't really interest me, I find it more interesting reading on forums of the theory's, finds and sometimes results from those interested and put in a lot effort as they enjoy that kind of mystery sides of games.

Hobs
  • Hobs

"Jolly Old Boy"

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:09 PM Edited by Hobs, 14 February 2014 - 09:10 PM.

Here are my things i do for fun, lets make some points. (3 in this case)

1) Driving around! taking in the sights and sounds of the city, it immerses me what more can i say?

2) Rampage with a caddy, no but seriously its great fun, (the thrill of killing multiple people with the smgs in a caddy drive by this has to be my second favorite activities in game.

3)walking around the parks and walk ways, its great fun you should try it you feel as if you are in the city amongst the protagonists. (dare i say doing this in missions is funner!)

Hobs out  :karmaeater:  :karmaeater:  :karmaeater:

• Mightymomo22 likes this

Mightymomo22
  • Mightymomo22

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

I like Misbehaving as Trevor. Not much with Franklin & having Michael & Amanda get Drunk.

Sneakyy
  • Sneakyy

eren on the streets titan in the sheets

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:31 AM

Pissing off the NPC's is fun.

OpenWorld23
  • OpenWorld23

Square Civilian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:29 AM Edited by OpenWorld23, 16 February 2014 - 09:32 AM.

"I get enjoyment out of simply finding and stealing muscle cars and restoring them."

You cant really restore any type of car which is pretty disappointing to me. Like the cars that are rusted and in bad shape like the impala type car you find ONLY in blane county (Trevor's town)  I was really hoping to be able to do body restoration in 5 but found out I couldn't after taking a Karen Rebel 4X4 that needed allot of body work (the rusted version) to the shop and only could change the color and do a few modifications without restoring it.

doebeezy
  • doebeezy

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

1. I absolutely love causing road rage.

2. Ramming cars until they driver days or a wheel pops off, this goes along with road rage. Fully modded sand king xl, is perfect for this.

3. Off-roading, into the country side, or mountains.

4. Modding cars, anything that can be modded is. Don't even have to pay for it once you buy LSC out in the country.

5. Jumping the fence at the military base.

6. Flying a plane above the city, jump out and watch it crash into a pedestrian vehicles.

I could go on and on here. I love this game. I wish we could continue to do heist in SP. I know its coming to online but I'm more of a solo player.

Syphiroth
  • Syphiroth

El Virus Los Antrax

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:03 PM Edited by Syphiroth, 18 February 2014 - 01:07 PM.

1. I absolutely love causing road rage.
2. Ramming cars until they driver days or a wheel pops off, this goes along with road rage. Fully modded sand king xl, is perfect for this.
3. Off-roading, into the country side, or mountains.
4. Modding cars, anything that can be modded is. Don't even have to pay for it once you buy LSC out in the country.
5. Jumping the fence at the military base.
6. Flying a plane above the city, jump out and watch it crash into a pedestrian vehicles.
I could go on and on here. I love this game. I wish we could continue to do heist in SP. I know its coming to online but I'm more of a solo player.

Only can mod cars in LSC for free as Franklin. I know you can get around that by hangout and getting Franklin to drive other characters car but really if you got enough cash I just spend it modding random cars I get in or to see if they look good modded. I'm in the $$$billies on each my three guys and need something to spend money on. I didn't purchase property unless it was submarine, boats, helipad, hanger, golf course or LSC customs. The rest are f*cking pointless side missions, oh scrapyard and towing truck company I heard aren't bad but you gotta work for your bread$.

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 April 2014 - 05:27 AM Edited by WasHanin, 25 April 2014 - 08:27 AM.

I like jumping on top of a public transit bus, and then starting a rampage while riding on top.
You never fall off, and the bus never ever stops.

This can be compared to a train rampage. I like it better. Because it all happens IN the streets.
Sorry if old.

And for some Aryan fun, go to the hood as trevor and Michael, (with the appropriate attires on, of course... Bald mIcheal wIth beard, tattoos and boots on works well ;).)
Then start to killing and beating up those you see that appear "different" than your character(s)......and see what happens...
Bring a van or truck.
DrIve byes are effective whilst listening to country or rock music.
  • Charlie The Tuna likes this

LeopardGecko
  • LeopardGecko

GTA biker

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:07 PM

I like to find various vehicles and customize them after I finish the game and get a lot of money from the big score and stock market.I also find driving vintage cars or riding chopper bikes on Route 68 fun,especially while listening to rock music.Other than that,I do what probably most other GTA players do,have shootouts with cops and gangsters.

stangone50
  • stangone50

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 05:11 PM

I like to make my girl dress up in really slutty clothes and make her gag on my c.. ohhh sh*t.. my bad .. were we talkin about the game.. oh u know the usual races , killing sprees things of this nature. 

• Charlie The Tuna likes this

mareepx
  • mareepx

GTAF's Jennifer Lawrence fanboy

• Members
  • England

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

at about the 55% complete mark, when michael and trever cannot go into LS without all those guys showing up to kill them, i like to sit right off a pier, just out of range and hit them with the sniper rifle.  then when the cops show up, i stop shooting and watch the two groups battle it out.  if you do it right and avoid 3 stars, you can extend this session for quite some time. 

alternate version:  take a taxi to the police station down the street from the ammunation on west side of town and walk into the police station and take cover near the armor.  cops vs goons.

wait so at this point in the game, if you go to LS, merryweather show up to try and kill you? if this is true, im starting a new game just for this.

RodneysLeftNut
  • RodneysLeftNut

OG LOC IN THE HOUSE

• Members
  • Barbados

Posted 26 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Beat my meat? Oh wait you're talking about gta5. there isnt much you can do but i like getting a bmx and grinding on rails pretending its a tony hawk game or something

WasHanin
  • WasHanin

eating on beef stoo

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:50 PM

I can't figure out how to effectively grind

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users