Photo

What happened to crate drops?

33 replies to this topic
Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Just wondering where crate drops went? I haven't seen one in ages but they used to be a fun part of online with players fighting over them. Maybe I'm just being unlucky with timing? It seems to me that Rockstar keeps removing more and more content/fun from the game rather than adding it. Bit crap really.

itsmeMOB
  • itsmeMOB

Man Of THe Year

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:35 AM

I get them in almost every server I go in. Sometimes they glitch and don't drop though.

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:51 AM

I get them in almost every server I go in. Sometimes they glitch and don't drop though.

Interesting, I used to see them in every server as well but not seen them in a couple of weeks. Weird.

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

Same as you OP. Very rarely I will see them but most of the times they're a no-show.

Mishimotsu
  • Mishimotsu

"Kyoufu Wo Oshiete Yarou!"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

See them regularly, get them regularly… just make sure you're not in a server with a green circle, that'll stop any random events occurring. If you're collecting crates wait outside the green circle (preferably about a block or two away) and wait for it to drop before doing the final rush for it. If you wait in the circle it never drops

Jimrod
  • Jimrod

The Hooded Guest.

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:30 AM Edited by Jimrod, 21 January 2014 - 10:30 AM.

See them regularly, get them regularly… just make sure you're not in a server with a green circle, that'll stop any random events occurring. If you're collecting crates wait outside the green circle (preferably about a block or two away) and wait for it to drop before doing the final rush for it. If you wait in the circle it never drops

Yeah, it's not the drop I'm missing so much as the circle, incoming warnings, everything. No incoming drops at all - I guess I'm just being unlucky with timing, a while back they were in every server I went in, swings and roundabouts I guess! (British saying!)

asilcenk
  • asilcenk

Prankster

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

I have them almost at every lobby I was in last days. And I really like fighting with people to get them.

keysersozeh
  • keysersozeh

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was..."

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:24 AM

I haven't seen them for 2 months now i think. 

Bozzah
  • Bozzah

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

I picked them all up

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:29 AM

Don't know. I haven't seen them in a long time. It's also been awhile since Simeon has texted me about cars too. Don't know what's going on.

Mishimotsu
  • Mishimotsu

"Kyoufu Wo Oshiete Yarou!"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

Yeah, it's not the drop I'm missing so much as the circle, incoming warnings, everything. No incoming drops at all - I guess I'm just being unlucky with timing, a while back they were in every server I went in, swings and roundabouts I guess! (British saying!)

From others reports I have a feeling I'm quite lucky, as I quite often load into a server with a Simeon car or crate… as long as I've got one of my super cars near me I can usually race off to it and grab it in time.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm also not seeing many armoured trucks recently either. 

P.C.M.
  • P.C.M.

Diary Of A Madman

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

I haven't seen them in awhile either. The last drop was a mini gun (which I lost) shortly there after. Ron keeps calling me to remind me to pick them up and the only other time I have seen it was in free roam.

Horndog_SA
  • Horndog_SA

Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

Just wondering where crate drops went? I haven't seen one in ages but they used to be a fun part of online with players fighting over them. Maybe I'm just being unlucky with timing? It seems to me that Rockstar keeps removing more and more content/fun from the game rather than adding it. Bit crap really.

yup, i posted the same topic a week or 2 ago, i havent seen 1 in easily 2 months now, and i play every night after work and weekends too, not one yet other players are getting them daily, R* sort this crap out guys seriously.

lew3112
  • lew3112

QOTD PS3

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:43 AM

I didn't see any drop at all until I was at around level 75. In the twenty levels since they drop all the time for me.

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Glitcher In 12 Step Program

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

i mugged the crates before they are delivered, that why you dont see them drop!

Bitches_Brew
  • Bitches_Brew

Cowboy from Hell

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

i still see a lot of crate drops. sometimes 2 or more per game depending how long i stay in one session.

although i stopped going after them because they no longer contain any cash. :dontgetit: i usually let the lower level players get them.

i quit chasing RP when i reached level 125 and have only moved up 2 levels by outrunning cops and killing other players. :die:

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:03 PM Edited by jamieleng, 21 January 2014 - 12:04 PM.

I once collected a crate & got blown up by someone who'd planted a sticky bomb on or near it, they left immediately after that. I don't know how long they were waiting for some poor mug to go for it, but I give them props for their patience.

djdest
  • djdest

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

Saw one last night but missed it, it had dropped though.

I see them quite often, Im on 18/25 of the crate chaser award i think

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

I haven't seen any crate drops since before Christmas. I've played at least 10 hours this week and haven't seen one.

I keep seeing armoured cars and I'm still getting my Simeon lists and high priority exports though.

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

I didn't see crates for about a week.  This weekend, I picked up a few and accidentally glitched one (yeah, yeah, it was a gd accident - was watching other players converge and flew right into the dz).

I like to pick them up when I have a fat bounty on my head.  Scooping the crate and escaping *just* as some hunter makes the scene?  It doesn't get better than that.

Ankarstrom
  • Ankarstrom

Scooter brother

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

I still see them in almost every session. I even collected a special crate last week, but those are really rare.

I guess there might be some lobby restrictions, e.g. all players are required to complete the first mission for TPI / get the call from Ron to chase crates. At least the armored trucks are not triggered with low level players in the lobby

If this is the case, I'd prefer R* to change this to simply not notify low level players about the crates/armored trucks etc etc but still let them spawn.

ham_hands
  • ham_hands

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

I never see them in invite only sessions anymore, not for weeks. Armoured trucks are spawning much more frequently lately in said sessions. The game world needs more random events that are actually fun imo.

Docfrost
  • Docfrost

Shichibukai

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:05 PM

I got one yesterday, It was full of minigun. I also got a sniper round to the back of the head and promptly lost said minigun.

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:01 PM

I grabbed my first crate yesterday, it was in a solo invite only session.  A 'special crate' no less, $5000, 5000rp, a minigun and a t-shirt.  The shirt is kinda stupid, it's not really a shirt.  It unlocks the ability to buy a 'special' $450 shirt.  Maybe last week, but not now! 

GraniteDevil
  • GraniteDevil

The Logic Maker

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

I grabbed my first crate yesterday, it was in a solo invite only session.  A 'special crate' no less, $5000, 5000rp, a minigun and a t-shirt.  The shirt is kinda stupid, it's not really a shirt.  It unlocks the ability to buy a 'special' $450 shirt.  Maybe last week, but not now! 

I don't ever see crates of any kind in invite only sessions...

I get armored trucks but no crate drops.  I'm curious about how it is that this happened to you.

lolumbine420
  • lolumbine420

Mayhem Mafia leader

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

If you aren't seeing the crates drop but maybe your friends are, trying accepting missions from Ron until you get a Trevor mission, then complete said mission. It could be any of them, it just has to come from Trevor. On my second character, crate drops were still locked at level 37 until I did this. Hope it helps

statistic
  • statistic

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

I don't ever see crates of any kind in invite only sessions...

I get armored trucks but no crate drops.  I'm curious about how it is that this happened to you.

I was surprised, didn't think I'd ever see one while doing invite only.  Especially as I was alone!  I certainly have no idea how it happened or how R*'s programming decides when/where a crate drops.  It was cool though.  

It actually dropped right next to one of those beach bon fire party groups.  I was sort of hoping one of those damn hippies would fight me for the loot.  But they just stood there oblivious while I shot down the horde of bad dudes (looked like Merryweather guys to me) right in front of them.

TheStalked
  • TheStalked

ayy lmao

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

Special crates are becoming much more rare, haven't seen one in ages, although I've been playing my second character a lot lately, and he's only Rank 23.

I got like 10 Special Crates collected on main character, I've had rage quits and half the map chase after me because I got there first, collecting a special crate before everyone else is the ultimate trolling tool.

SaturdayNight
  • SaturdayNight

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

I saw not one but two special crate drops in the matter of an hour. gosh those are awesome. If not for the money the RP, if not for the RP the Special weapons, If not for the special weapons the money.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users