Collision issue: Model falls through ground but can collide with cars

6 replies to this topic
julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:53 PM

So, i was trying to make some custom models with Zmodeler (v2.2.6 build 992) but when i release the object in game world it fall through ground like if there is no collision, but when it hits a car or peds the collision works as expected.

This is the project in zmodeler: http://k007.kiwi6.co...b8l46/Flare.zip

I'm adding it to weapons.img

Any clues of what i'm doing wrong?

this is how looks the "structure" in zmodeler:

http://gyazo.com/24a...9b7fc6706ef.png

24ae720065d7cb03a277c9b7fc6706ef.png

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

I'm curious about this as well. I ended up attaching my custom object to an invisible original game object, so they could share collision. Surely there is a proper solution though.

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

yep, i do this sometimes, the hard task is find a object that has similar size and shape :(

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

today i made a small test, just renamed the flare.wft to cj_proc_brick10.wft and replaced the original one in procobj.img and it worked fine, seems that the object must exists in "game database" or something like that.

plz someone, say that im wrong ^^

i dont want replace game objects, my future projects will require a bunch of custom models

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:47 PM Edited by InfamousSabre, 22 January 2014 - 03:21 AM.

There are collision files for each model somewhere in the games databases (procobj.wbd in your case).

It may be possible that you could copy the brick's collision file, rename it to match the name of your model, and then your collisions would work.

Seems like 3DSMax can do this with GIMS IV Plugin, as it can Import and Export .obd.
I haven't tried this, but it seems logical enough to work. Right?

Also, I'm curious as to why you are using a .wft (fragment object) rather than a .wdr (drawable object)?
there are no entries for wft objects in procobj.wbd, so you may want to make it a .wdr instead, if you want to try this. (flare.wdr)

In case you dont have access to 3DSMax, I made a collision file for flare and put it in procobj.obd. Import with OpenIV, and put your flare.wdr in procobj.img.
https://app.box.com/...3bux9v44br8rgu1

lmk if that works

julionib
  • julionib

Coder

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:57 PM

no, unfortunately didnt work :(

i tryed exporting as .wtf and as .wdr. also tryed to recreated the structure found in objects like cj_proc_brick.wdr but the result was a object without collision that gets frozen on air.

InfamousSabre
  • InfamousSabre

Harpocrates

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

Hmm.... I wonder what is different between world collisions and object collisions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users