• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic
Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:48 PM

So last night I decided to start building my second garage. I have 1 car for each racing class on my main character which prevents me from having the vehicles I'd actually like as opposed to the fastest ones that I use for racing.

So I loaded up my new character and went to town. First thing on the list is Lamar's race, so I sign up, like I have a choice, and head to the lobby. The race starts and I see a tailgater as a select-able car so I choose it since I love the way it looks. I finish the race then take the car along with 3 other guys to do Geralds 1st mission. BTW why aren't all missions like the start of this game where there's no loading screen? That was f*cking awesome.

Anyway, we get to Geralds at which point I realize I drove the tailgater from the earlier race. I quickly realize I now want this car, but one of the 3 guys I was with has already hopped into the drivers seat of this unclaimed Tailgater. So the thought crosses my mind, do I just off this guy here and hope I can take down the other two who might freak out or do I get in the car and follow him to the next destination? I decided to play it smooth and just got in the back of the car.

So we drive to the clothing store and the second he went through the front doors I totally stole the car for myself.

For a game called GTA I have never felt more like I was playing the game Rockstar intended to make. I felt nervous that the guy would notice and come out guns blazing and I felt like I was actually stealing something precious from another player. I think Rockstar really missed out on this aspect of the game.

Anyway, my new character now has a Tailgater and it's epic. Not bad for a first car.

• Ankarstrom and -Velox like this

-Velox
  • -Velox

Street Tuner

• Members
  • Cuba

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:50 PM

This is HOW it was suppose to be.. adrenaline rushes, fun, being sneaky and things like that.. But we have some 10 year old kids who would rather play Call Of Duty instead.

• JRC99, ten-a-penny and watchclock like this

Tritium
  • Tritium

Special Agent

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

Legitimate Reply: Cool story bro!
Fake Reply: OMG lol haxor ur bad!

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:51 PM

yep that first mission really does have a different feel from all the others that come after it.

perhaps they could do something like this in future, sort of like playlists

or like that gamemode in tLaD where you just got group missions (sort of like mafiya works)

mo-seph
  • mo-seph

Cunning Stunt

• Members
  • None
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

so you were online... and conducted theft.... of an automobile...

Grand work sir...

(less sarcastically so) good car choice,,, bet the guy buying his first suit was gutted...

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

so you were online... and conducted theft.... of an automobile...

Grand work sir...

(less sarcastically so) good car choice,,, bet the guy buying his first suit was gutted...

I suspect none of the noobs I was with knew the value of this car. My main character has one and it took me hours to make it spawn at the golf club. Since then I've seen 3 of them not counting the one I stole online. They're extremely rare but as a race car it handles great, plus this is my getaway vehicle for when heists come out.

Argonaut
  • Argonaut

What is a DJ if he can't scratch?

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:55 PM

Did the exact same thing with the Sea. Literally, ran off with the car at the clothes store too.

watchclock
  • watchclock

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

So last night I decided to start building my second garage. I have 1 car for each racing class on my main character which prevents me from having the vehicles I'd actually like as opposed to the fastest ones that I use for racing.

So I loaded up my new character and went to town. First thing on the list is Lamar's race, so I sign up, like I have a choice, and head to the lobby. The race starts and I see a tailgater as a select-able car so I choose it since I love the way it looks. I finish the race then take the car along with 3 other guys to do Geralds 1st mission. BTW why aren't all missions like the start of this game where there's no loading screen? That was f*cking awesome.

Anyway, we get to Geralds at which point I realize I drove the tailgater from the earlier race. I quickly realize I now want this car, but one of the 3 guys I was with has already hopped into the drivers seat of this unclaimed Tailgater. So the thought crosses my mind, do I just off this guy here and hope I can take down the other two who might freak out or do I get in the car and follow him to the next destination? I decided to play it smooth and just got in the back of the car.

So we drive to the clothing store and the second he went through the front doors I totally stole the car for myself.

For a game called GTA I have never felt more like I was playing the game Rockstar intended to make. I felt nervous that the guy would notice and come out guns blazing and I felt like I was actually stealing something precious from another player. I think Rockstar really missed out on this aspect of the game.

Anyway, my new character now has a Tailgater and it's epic. Not bad for a first car.

That is the best GTA:O story I've heard.

senormidget
  • senormidget

Basic Bitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:04 PM Edited by senormidget, 20 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

I tried to get the Tailgater as my second characters car too, as soon as the mission ended somebody pistol whipped me and drove off in it. -_____-

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:10 PM

I feared that was going to happen to me. The worst part is once you've done geralds mission you can't even go to a garage to insure it. You have to complete all the start missions in the car before you're able to insure and put a tracker on it. The entire time I was doing this I was heavily paranoid of being tank killed or have someone kill me. At one point I was told to go rob a store and drove up to the store but I coudln't walk in cause another player had been given the same mission and was supposed to rob it with me.

Well when he drove up, I high tailed it out of there since I wanted my tailgater safe and sound but wound up having to go back and trust that A: no one else would steal the car while I was in the store, and B: the guy I was in the store with wouldn't turn on me. I wound up getting the hell out of there before the robbery was even over. The clerk killed the guy in the store... Guess I shoulda helped him lol.

kasheku
  • kasheku

Somewhere in LS

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:35 PM

The tailgaters only allure is that is rarely spawns. Thats it. Its terrible in acceleration and isnt really that fun to drive. 

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:41 PM

It's also awd and handles really well. I haven't lost a race in it yet but only because sedan races happen once every blue moon.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:16 PM

[GTAO] Stories: Share Your Stories

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users