Photo

How to convert 3DS into DFF?

3 replies to this topic
RobGTAIV
  • RobGTAIV

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:46 PM Edited by RobGTAIV, 20 January 2014 - 01:49 PM.

Hi,

I have downloaded a Sketchup model from the internet, which i would like to put into GTA San Andreas. Originally the file was in .skp format, but this wouldn't be supported with GTA so i converted it to a .3ds. I hoped that if the file was in .3ds format, i would be able to convert it to a DFF, but i am not sure how to do this? There is very little information on the internet to go on, hence why i am asking here.

I have downloaded Autodesk 3ds Max, but i don't see any options to export as a DFF. I added Kam's DFF script, but when i attempt an export it tells me that 'More than one hierarchy links were selected. Only one is allowed in DFF'.

The plan once i have converted the file is to drop it into the San Andreas map using 'Med', the map editor.

If i could get this mod completed, i honestly believe it would be one of the most interesting and greatest GTA SA mods out there. My idea is pure genius! It's just a shame i don't know how to export the model!

Please, someone give me some guidance? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance. :)

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:31 PM Edited by SaL_Leone, 20 January 2014 - 04:17 PM.

I had same problem.
Here solution:

And here Sketchup2SA tutorial:
http://gtaforums.com...ta-sa-tutorial/
Hope i helped :D

RobGTAIV
  • RobGTAIV

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:08 PM Edited by RobGTAIV, 20 January 2014 - 06:09 PM.

I had same problem.
Here solution:

And here Sketchup2SA tutorial:
http://gtaforums.com...ta-sa-tutorial/
Hope i helped :D

Thanks man, that video solved my problem using Kam's script; although i did get the same message shown at the end which says "Unknown property, 'Diffuse" is undefined". The DFF exported onto my desktop so i assume it's okay.

I am a bit worried about the file size of the exported model, it only shows up as 117KB. This seems a bit small for such a large and detailed model.

The process shown in the other link you posted looks very complicated but i will definitely give it a go. If i have any more issues i'll post them up here.

Cheers :)

• SaL_Leone likes this

SaL_Leone
  • SaL_Leone

Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:51 PM

The process shown in the other link you posted looks very complicated but i will definitely give it a go.

Yes but it works really good for me,without any bugs.

Cheers :colgate:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users