• Voodoo, Girish, CatDog96 and 1 other like this

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu
  • Contribution Award [Sports]

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:37 PM

I liked that theory TEoS. All round a phenomenal series and, like the rest of you I want to know more about Carcossa, what was the building all for? The meaning etc? I want a True Detective World basically with a Carcossa walk through.

It will be interesting if the next series is focused on women as In this series all the women were fairly empty as characters. I can't wait.

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:55 PM

http://www.independe...ey-9196502.html

I could live with this, loved his detective in se7en.

• CatDog96 likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

"Spooked ya!"

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 21 March 2014 - 11:10 AM Edited by Mister Pink, 21 March 2014 - 11:10 AM.

......It will be interesting if the next series is focused on women as In this series all the women were fairly empty as characters. I can't wait.

Yeah, there's only Harrelsons Wife that has some sort of character about her. However, her role, like all the females in this show are there to serve a male agenda. There's no strong female characters like Kima Greggs in The Wire. 

• Max likes this

Failure
  • Failure

Gone for now.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 01:12 PM Edited by elanman, 23 March 2014 - 11:45 PM.

I never would have heard of this had it not been for this topic.

I'm on the third fourth episode and it's excellent so far. The acting, the cinematography, the pacing, the writing--it's all so compelling, though I expect nothing less of HBO.

• Mister Pink likes this

Tyler
  • Tyler

tempora labuntur

• None
  • Best Poem 2014
    Best Story 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

Calling it: next season will star Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as they uncover the darkest secrets of the New York transit system. 

I just marathoned this whole show today. If I'm being honest I've fallen out of television lately-- Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad and the Walking Dead are all good but nothing's really topped my favorite shows (The Wire and the UNFAIRLY MALIGNED Treme) and so I take TV a lot more cautiously so I'm not let down like I had been. That said, this show did it for me. It did it more than anything since Treme. I love Southern Gothic and I love the actors involved. This was bound to do it for me but I didn't think it would satisfy me so fully. I'm going to think about the finale a bit but I'll get back with my thoughts more in-depth.

• Fnorg and Odesza like this

Odesza
  • Odesza

The Worst

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 March 2014 - 01:15 AM

Calling it: next season will star Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson as they uncover the darkest secrets of the New York transit system. 

I just threw up.

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

Such a Quality series.

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:01 PM Edited by CatDog96, 31 March 2014 - 05:01 PM.

My ideal cast would be Ryan Gosling :inlove:  and Jake Gyllenhaal  :inlove: , Jake Could play his character Det Loki from Prisoners (he should get his own show though) and Ryan could be a badass. it won't happen  :(

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 31 March 2014 - 08:55 PM

My ideal cast would be Ryan Gosling :inlove:  and Jake Gyllenhaal  :inlove: , Jake Could play his character Det Loki from Prisoners (he should get his own show though) and Ryan could be a badass. it won't happen  :(

Would Ryan be a silent moody badass. I swear he never does that role in films.

• CatDog96 likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

Would Ryan be a silent moody badass. I swear he never does that role in films.

nope he would be the detective equivalent of this  :inlove:

orbitalraindrops
  • orbitalraindrops

Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:12 AM

"This video is not available in your country"

DGck8.jpg

• Mr. Scratch likes this

CatDog96
  • CatDog96

Dayman

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 01 April 2014 - 04:16 PM

• Girish and The Yokel like this

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:08 AM

Loved this series, utterly compelling. I had no idea mcConaughey was so capable of such a performance although I thought Frailty was a great film. I'm still seeing the whole green ears thing as a reach tho are they trying to say he accidently got paint on his ears (improbable), painted them purposely (possible) or that it was an exaggeration based upon traumatic memories?

Coincidentally I only recently began to delve into lovecrafts work, I read 'at the mountains of madness' days before starting true detective and can see the influence, although I'm tentatively putting it all together at this moment in time. I consider myself pretty well read but as much as I don't 'struggle' with lovecrafts writingi have to maintain focused as possible and had to reread many passges due to the richness of the language.

Crazyeighties
  • Crazyeighties

Your self proclaimed GTA forums DJ!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

I just watched the first 2 episodes I am AMAZED at the superb acting this is a must watch

geobst
  • geobst

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

I finally got around to watching the show. I started yesterday and I've only got two more episodes left to watch now. It's just one of those shows that sucks you in. The characters are intriguing, especially Rust.

I'm more into Rust than I am Marty. I like Harrelson more as an actor but his character just isn't as intriguing as McConaughey's. I thought the show had a bit of a slow start but once I got into the pilot episode I just couldn't stop watching it. I've even started to recommend the show to some friends.

After almost finishing the first season I'm more into the whole new actors in future seasons idea. I knew it'd be an idea that'd make the series last longer than some when I first heard about the idea.

To put it short for anybody who hasn't yet watched the series; great actors, great characters, great writing and great directing. Watch it.

macbrian
  • macbrian

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

I can only just join in with the praise of this show. I'm really curious about what (and who) they'll come up with next (and where!). Loved the whole atmosphere and 'feel' of the show. Also didn't see that coming from McConahey.

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:29 AM

Colin Farrell confirms that he's going to be in the next season of True Detective. 

http://www.imdb.com/...ef_=hm_nw_tp_t1

• Mister Pink likes this

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

I like that choice.

Colin Farrell picks some terrible movies to be in sometimes, but the guy is actually a first-rate actor in most regards.

a program like True Detective will give him the kind of freedom to show off his performance chops in a way that most blockbuster films never do.

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:17 AM

Not sure how I feel about that.

While I agree, he picks terrible movies, I am not too sure I like him as an actor.

I will give him a chance. Hopefully season 2 will surpass, if not be as good, as 1.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Have you seen In Bruges or Syracuse? 

• Failure likes this

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

HBO at long last has confirmed the first specifics about season two of drama series “True Detective,” including the casting of Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn in lead roles.

Story will revolve around three cops and career criminal who navigate a web of conspiracy after a murder.

Farrell plays Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a man in danger of losing his criminal empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

Justin Lin is on board to direct the first two episodes of the eight-episode season. Lensing is set to begin later this fall in California for a January premiere.

There’s still no word about additional cast members, which are expected to include a femme in the role of a police officer. »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57773767

Colin Farrell I was okay with, but Vince Vaughn? Vince f*cking Vaughn?

I honestly don't have high hopes for this. I cannot imagine Vince Vaughn successfully portraying a character just as good if not better than McConaughey and Harrelson's portrayals of their characters. Hopefully he surprises me.

• Audiophile likes this

Audiophile
  • Audiophile

http://gabenislife.com/

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, Farrel I had hopes for because he can act, at least that.

But Vaughn?

How did we go from what we had in season 1, to this?

feckyerlife
  • feckyerlife

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:15 PM Edited by feckyerlife, 23 September 2014 - 08:22 PM.

HBO at long last has confirmed the first specifics about season two of drama series “True Detective,” including the casting of Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughn in lead roles.

Story will revolve around three cops and career criminal who navigate a web of conspiracy after a murder.

Farrell plays Ray Velcoro, a compromised detective whose allegiances are torn between his masters in a corrupt police department and the mobster who owns him. Vaughn plays Frank Semyon, a man in danger of losing his criminal empire when his move into legitimate enterprise is upended by the murder of a business partner.

Justin Lin is on board to direct the first two episodes of the eight-episode season. Lensing is set to begin later this fall in California for a January premiere.

There’s still no word about additional cast members, which are expected to include a femme in the role of a police officer. »

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni57773767

Colin Farrell I was okay with, but Vince Vaughn? Vince f*cking Vaughn?

I honestly don't have high hopes for this. I cannot imagine Vince Vaughn successfully portraying a character just as good if not better than McConaughey and Harrelson's portrayals of their characters. Hopefully he surprises me.

I feel same way. but Vaughn is not playing a cop/detective in this. he is playing  a Criminal or possibly mob associate. i guess depends which "mob" they use on this show. I almost think the main lead will be Colin and one of the girls they havent named yet

although i have seen vince in a few drama's and he isnt too bad

edit: Clay Pigeons comes to mind

Cult Of Personality
  • Cult Of Personality

=A=

• Members
  • England

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Vince Vaughn may surprise us. Just think about Breaking Bad and how Bryan Cranston completely shocked everyone. Key and Peele also come to mind, they did a good job in Fargo. I can see Vince Vaughn being a mobster. 

• Mr. Scratch likes this

SimsDaniel916
  • SimsDaniel916

Future LE Officer

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:43 AM Edited by SimsDaniel916, 24 September 2014 - 01:43 AM.

It's be interesting to see how they split the main characters from two to four. I personally loved the back and forth partnership of McConaughey and Harrelson but I also have hope as even though we are getting new actors, we are still getting content from the person who did the amazing writing for Season 1.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

Vince Vaughn is a shocker... I'll always remember him in Wedding Crashers and another older movie he did about two decades ago.

Will be interesting to see him in this series as a detective or a criminal. Hopefully we'll be impressed with this as much as season 1.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 24 September 2014 - 07:13 PM

I'm totally willing to give Vince Vaughn the benefit of the doubt, but I can see why the decision is alarming to so many people.

at this point I have to trust HBO and the producers of True Detective.

I don't think they would pick Colin Farrel or Vince Vaughn if they didn't really believe that they were going to create a special role for them to fill.

it could be extremely interesting.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Say pal, you don't look so good.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:33 PM

Have they dropped the creepy occult aspect for season 2? I'm not really interested if they did. Don't get me wrong, McConaughey and Harrelson's performances were outstanding, but I thought the the bizarre cult stuff was what made the show really special. There's enough omg corruption cop stuff on the market already.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

I drink your milkshake

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

Have they dropped the creepy occult aspect for season 2? I'm not really interested if they did. Don't get me wrong, McConaughey and Harrelson's performances were outstanding, but I thought the the bizarre cult stuff was what made the show really special. There's enough omg corruption cop stuff on the market already.

If I remember correctly they did say that it's still there, just "toned down" a bit, which also worries me. The creepiness of the first season is really what drew me in. If it lacked that aspect I probably wouldn't have given it a chance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users