Photo

What can be Achieved in a few hours

24 replies to this topic
dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:16 PM Edited by dlow, 20 January 2014 - 12:16 PM.

After the Purge, I heard several people and my friends talking about it would be almost impossible to Rank up and Generate enough cash to buy an Apt and Garage, without any help from rich friends upgrading vehicles and sharing the cash from jobs they didnt need..

Yesterday (Sunday 1/19/14)

The wife was out with her family so i had the day to myself

I logged into my old original PS3 account and fired up GTA5 to see how long it would take,

After completing the starting Prologue, I went straight into online play 

My total play time was about 6 hrs

While in free mode i robbed stores, Sold cars, Exported them to Simeon once they unlocked, if it was a freemode grind i did it 

While waiting on cool down periods to end, I raced, did missions, whatever was offered i gave it a try

I did have one friend who invited me into 2 games of survival that i could not have played otherwise because i was not ranked at level 15 at the time of invite

We completed both games of survival .I wasnt a lot of help after round 8 but was able to watch his back and help keep him from dying

I did not 'Farm" any mission and other than 1 race i created under my master account nothing was played more than once (we did the race i created 3 times but not back to back) most of the missions i played i did solo, sometimes failing sometimes not

At the end of the day and it looked like this

I started with nothing = Level 1

I ended with a Apt and 6 car garage (i think it was 128k) its located just up the street from the Ammu Nation close to the theater in the upper right part of the city

1 Change of clothing (didn't like the 3 piece suit LOL)

6 cars in the garage all 6 insured, One car of my picking upgraded the best i could upgrade it (Adders not included LOL)

The weapons i have  are "full" with ammo

and had 97k left in cash and in the bank, when i stopped playing,

and had leveled up to Level 15 or 16

Had i Opted to go for one of the 10 car garage and apts I earned enough to do this if i had not bought the 6 car Apt and waited till the money grew a little more

I still took time to goof off and do nothing that made me a payday

The only thing that i brought into this session was my gaming experience, how to conserve ammo, what i need to buy and what was useless spending, and which cars paid out the highest ....which i know speeded up my results ...but even as a GTA virgin i think another 2 hours would have off set the experience.... I was a GTA virgin when i fired up GTA5 at the end of OCT.

I also know some of you would blow my results out of the water, This Post is just a word of encouragement to players starting out, that may only hear about the gifted money a lot of us benefited from

and as a side note, I feel better with this account and satisfaction because it was it was achieved thru grinding, and no help from rich friends or shared money

• senormidget, Dave Rizza, Black Rabbit and 13 others like this

LuapYllier
  • LuapYllier

Driver

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

Good post I think. Nice to see some positive attitude for a change.

Just an FYI, this has always been possible. The majority here complain because they only want to do one thing and whatever that one tbing is "has been ruined" by whatever.

I have never had a problem earning money.
  • RogueStatus, jameznash, ChrilLe and 1 other like this

StewNorth
  • StewNorth

Let's do it all over again, again.

• Members
  • China

Posted 20 January 2014 - 12:57 PM Edited by StewNorth, 20 January 2014 - 01:01 PM.

Just an FYI, this has always been possible. The majority here complain because they only want to do one thing and whatever that one tbing is "has been ruined" by whatever.

Indeed. Money is easy to make, but it can be real tedious.

I found it a lot more satisfying pre-creator content as I loved making my money chaining up DMs and races mostly, and while Rockstars DMs/Races can be repetitive, they are fairly decent maps.

However with the influx of crappy content, it feels more like playing the lottery to get these said maps again. I tried hosting a lot more, but thanks to matchmaking, it's a real pleasure to stare at the lobby menu for ages on end.

Never really been one for PVE missions like coveted. God I hate that freaking hill.

But moaning aside, the money is there and eas to access. It's just that I would prefer more custom options when queuing for jobs. If I could queue only for rockstar races or DMs, then you wouldn't hear a pip squeak from me.

Worst case, just keep bounty hunting. Clear the map, change session, clear the map, al lib....that being said, I've noticed a hell lot more 1k bounty now. That wasn't the case even before the hacking mania. Used to be lots of 5k and 9k bounties still back then. Oh well, it's still good to break the monotomy.

• WBaker likes this

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

yes the money has always been there........ it just seemed kinda trivial when you got a 5k payout, compared to selling a car a rich buddy upgraded for 90 -100k .. and i had helped some friends do this too.......the last one was the day before the purge........he got the game  got started online......his first car sale was one i upgraded for him.......by the time he hit level 6 and got the call from simeon he could buy property.....he had enough to buy one of the apts at weazel

I also got mine quick like this under my main account........so in part yesterday was for ME to see how hard it would be

ChrilLe
  • ChrilLe

I missed my own 1 year anniversary! ;_;

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:00 PM Edited by ChrilLe, 20 January 2014 - 02:01 PM.

Indeed a good post you made there. This might be some good motivation for those who went broke and find it difficult to earn money after the recent maintenance.

Have my respect for sharing this!

classy.gif

dzian
  • dzian

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:42 PM

The queung for rockstar created content only would be great for me aswell. I really hate that prison. fight and if I use the find deathmatch its practically guaranteed to be that heap of crap. So much of the content creator stuffnis horrendous.

The ops example though is why a full reset wouldnt bother me. It wouldnt take decent players very long to get back on there feet and it's pretty much the only way to clear the huge exploits that have plagued the game. Noney has gone but theres still thousands of players running around with exploited ranks and access to exploited hardware. High level guns tanks etc. This needs to be dealt with.

Like the op. Money was never an issue even on my main character. Once I learned I was able to sell cars to lsc and which ones got a decent price I was able to make enough money to buy myself a cheap 2car garage and a cabrionaza sports car and put what few mods I could on it in just a couple of hours.

From there it was only a few hours of money making activities until I could upgrade to an appartment. So its really not thay difficult. And the ops example kinda highlights how easy it really is.

petraeus
  • petraeus

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

lol 97k for a day of grinding? I make that in an hour at my level. 

now save up 2 mil for your adder and all its upgrades.

nitefallz
  • nitefallz

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

Leveling up is also faster at lower levels.  You also earn more money for the first time playing missions.   Get back to us in a week.

And I'd kill to have 6 hours of free time void of any work, side jobs, house work, family stuff, bathing or eating to play.

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:37 PM

Nothing can crush a spirit faster than the internet.

Welcome to the future.
  • UnicornAssassin likes this

MrHollick
  • MrHollick

W9SMH

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:47 PM

Great post! Like someone else said it is nice to see a thread started where the focus is positive for a change. This community is one of the most negative places I've ever been and positivity is very welcome!

Like someone else mentioned it is very easy to play this game and get ahead, even from rank 1 alone! The only problem most of the ADD ten year olds have is all they want to do is burn through ammo in Freeroam grieving each other and never want to ear anything on their own.

This probably comes from our society that never says no to children, because their "feeling" are what is important, has taken the paddle out of the principles office and no longer keeps score in sports and even the losing teams get trophies. So why would we expect that these children actually start at lvl one with a pistol and have to work their way up the ladder?

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:33 PM

lol 97k for a day of grinding? I make that in an hour at my level. 

now save up 2 mil for your adder and all its upgrades.

@petraeus

Did you take the time and read the entire post??

In Addition to the 97k in cash

I had purchased a 128k 6 car garage/apt

Some clothing

filled all my ammo

had 6 cars insured with full coverage ins

had 1 car upgraded all i could upgrade it

the total for the 6hrs time frame in cash along would probably be around 260k  which would be about 43k an hour

Leveling up is also faster at lower levels.  You also earn more money for the first time playing missions.   Get back to us in a week.

And I'd kill to have 6 hours of free time void of any work, side jobs, house work, family stuff, bathing or eating to play.

Yes i know its faster.......i am level 89 on my main account

As far as the 6 free hrs goes......give it time......I am 52 yrs old so a few hours to myself are coming here and there....Just me and my wife........Kids are married away from home........I am a building contractor and the house is only 3 yrs old.no maintenance just yet LOL

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:40 PM

The people who complain about making money in this game either don't have the time to invest, want to free roam kill, are lazy, or just stupid. Maybe all of the above.

I made almost 400k last night just from missions, bounties, Simeon cars, and selling cars in about 4 hrs. Most of it came from missions.

Punisher.
  • Punisher.

Capture King

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:41 PM

It's not difficult to make money, it is difficult for new players competing against higher ranked players though. That's a step down in my book, when comparing this version of GTA to the previous,  in which the ranks only gave you aesthetic differences rather performance upgrades in cars and access to better weaponry. 

Anyhows good to read something positive about the game for a change. 

gfen
  • gfen

Easy like a Monday morning

• GTAF Crew
  • Vatican-City

Posted 20 January 2014 - 07:43 PM

Sweat babby jebus, don't you dare make a post that questions peoples' need to cheat for unlimited money and RP.

Don't you understand, Rockstar made the game toooOOo hard, you can't play it like this. No one can play it like this. Zomg, you heard that guy up there, the missions get harder and payout more the further up you go.

That's unreasonable. This should be the land of do as you please. Give me my modded trillionaires back, I might want for a fleet of Entitders.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

Sweat babby jebus, don't you dare make a post that questions peoples' need to cheat for unlimited money and RP.

Don't you understand, Rockstar made the game toooOOo hard, you can't play it like this. No one can play it like this. Zomg, you heard that guy up there, the missions get harder and payout more the further up you go.

That's unreasonable. This should be the land of do as you please. Give me my modded trillionaires back, I might want for a fleet of Entitders.

LOL i know how hard they are at higher levels.........

I also understand what it means to go from Billionaire Status  down to 500k

It's not difficult to make money, it is difficult for new players competing against higher ranked players though. That's a step down in my book, when comparing this version of GTA to the previous,  in which the ranks only gave you aesthetic differences rather performance upgrades in cars and access to better weaponry. 

Anyhows good to read something positive about the game for a change. 

I will agree lower ranked players have a harder time beating higher ranked players, and that is where the experience i had learned on my main account helped.......I races i would turn Custom cars off and catch up also.... Catch up stayed off and so would the custom cars unless the majority asked for them to be turned on........Stock will compete against them but you have to bring your A game

Weaponry was harder for me to deal with......with only a pistol at times .......I would start to go for a weapon i have under my main account .....wast there.......and dont bring a pistol to a grenade launcher fight if you dont know where good areas of cover are LOL

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:04 PM

I started a new character over the weekend to build a second garage, I had over 60k in a few hours and my personal car is now a tailgater.

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:09 PM

Do this at lvl 90+ and see how much you level up doing what you did.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:13 PM

I level up once a day (3-5hrs) when I play on my main acct. Which is at level 124 and that's in free roam only.

XJpostman
  • XJpostman

YARDIE

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

I spent 4 hours doing the same thing ok my lvl 70 (phone missions, armored trucks, stores and car sales) and ended up with $80 000. Solo as my friends have already stopped playing.
I wasn't trying my hardest to grind money but I shouldn't have to to make a decent amount.
My favorite thing to do in this game is 4x4 but to upgrade a decent truck i'm looking at $300 000. Grinding for a week to afford that isn't my idea of fun.
I don't want a secondary life that I have to work at, I want to turn on a game and screw around and have fun.

Sorry for being so negative but when I had my gifted billion I had nothing to complain about and it kinda opened my eyes.

And I never grief anyone. Killing other players in this game is super boring imo. I think my kills are around 30.
  • am30 likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:52 PM

After the Purge, I heard several people and my friends talking about it would be almost impossible to Rank up and Generate enough cash to buy an Apt and Garage, without any help from rich friends upgrading vehicles and sharing the cash from jobs they didnt need..

Yesterday (Sunday 1/19/14)

The wife was out with her family so i had the day to myself

I logged into my old original PS3 account and fired up GTA5 to see how long it would take,

After completing the starting Prologue, I went straight into online play 

My total play time was about 6 hrs

While in free mode i robbed stores, Sold cars, Exported them to Simeon once they unlocked, if it was a freemode grind i did it 

While waiting on cool down periods to end, I raced, did missions, whatever was offered i gave it a try

I did have one friend who invited me into 2 games of survival that i could not have played otherwise because i was not ranked at level 15 at the time of invite

We completed both games of survival .I wasnt a lot of help after round 8 but was able to watch his back and help keep him from dying

I did not 'Farm" any mission and other than 1 race i created under my master account nothing was played more than once (we did the race i created 3 times but not back to back) most of the missions i played i did solo, sometimes failing sometimes not

At the end of the day and it looked like this

I started with nothing = Level 1

I ended with a Apt and 6 car garage (i think it was 128k) its located just up the street from the Ammu Nation close to the theater in the upper right part of the city

1 Change of clothing (didn't like the 3 piece suit LOL)

6 cars in the garage all 6 insured, One car of my picking upgraded the best i could upgrade it (Adders not included LOL)

The weapons i have  are "full" with ammo

and had 97k left in cash and in the bank, when i stopped playing,

and had leveled up to Level 15 or 16

Had i Opted to go for one of the 10 car garage and apts I earned enough to do this if i had not bought the 6 car Apt and waited till the money grew a little more

I still took time to goof off and do nothing that made me a payday

The only thing that i brought into this session was my gaming experience, how to conserve ammo, what i need to buy and what was useless spending, and which cars paid out the highest ....which i know speeded up my results ...but even as a GTA virgin i think another 2 hours would have off set the experience.... I was a GTA virgin when i fired up GTA5 at the end of OCT.

I also know some of you would blow my results out of the water, This Post is just a word of encouragement to players starting out, that may only hear about the gifted money a lot of us benefited from

and as a side note, I feel better with this account and satisfaction because it was it was achieved thru grinding, and no help from rich friends or shared money

very good post and it echoes what myself and a few others have been saying all along. I " grinded" hard in the early days and even went as far as buying a cash card thinking it would take too long to get the things in game i wanted. I actually amassed about 4m farming missions over and over but i didnt find it fun and i was ignoring most missions that people said didnt pay well.

I started a new character just after the stim pack and play barely 12 hours a week yet i've never had such a thing as money worries. I can make anywhere beetween 100-200k in a couple hours just having fun and jumping into missions/survivals that pop up. I have everything i want atm vehicle wise and i have my Buzzard. Dont want or need a tank as i'm not a tool and i still have more money than i could ever spend. If players honestly have to spend more on ammo etc to complete a mission/survival etc than the mission actually pays then they truly must be some of the worst gamers i've ever heard of. i dont even buy Armor and havent had to purchase ammo for a few weeks and even then i likely didnt need it and was just topping my guns up..

Thing is though... Unfortunately... people will dismiss your great post and tell you that you are lying because you cant make money and R* are just forcing you to buy cash cards cause GTAO is a Pay2play etc etc.

You dont need to buy money at all. It's all there for the taking and with little effort. GTAO is FAR from a Pay2Play although sometimes it feels like World Of Tanks... But thats another story for another day :)

cwo-reynolds
  • cwo-reynolds

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:09 PM

I level up once a day (3-5hrs) when I play on my main acct. Which is at level 124 and that's in free roam only.
guy I'm lucky if I play 3-5 hours a week.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

I spent 4 hours doing the same thing ok my lvl 70 (phone missions, armored trucks, stores and car sales) and ended up with $80 000. Solo as my friends have already stopped playing.
I wasn't trying my hardest to grind money but I shouldn't have to to make a decent amount.
My favorite thing to do in this game is 4x4 but to upgrade a decent truck i'm looking at $300 000. Grinding for a week to afford that isn't my idea of fun.
I don't want a secondary life that I have to work at, I want to turn on a game and screw around and have fun.

Sorry for being so negative but when I had my gifted billion I had nothing to complain about and it kinda opened my eyes.

And I never grief anyone. Killing other players in this game is super boring imo. I think my kills are around 30.

I am like you in a lot of ways, I like to spend time goofing off exploring the Map ect,  head to hills and 4x4 the evening away. and can honestly say i have never griefed anyone....99% of my player kills in free mode come from me and my friends going to war with each other in the city or where ever . ..........If thats they way you like to play, i have no problem with it........i enjoy it to .. its an open world map.......and i am still finding things hidden away in hills and on side streets

about 75% of the money i earned that day was playing solo or with randoms........

• beat_savy_9 likes this

beat_savy_9
  • beat_savy_9

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:00 AM

...99% of my player kills in free mode come from me and my friends going to war with each other in the city or where ever...

99% of my players kills were accidental, I swear :)

• dlow likes this

wolfp212
  • wolfp212

CLWP

• Members

Posted 21 January 2014 - 05:30 AM

Since I hit level 120 I've been going up about a level a day.  Not trying to level up, not really any point since there are no more unlockables, just farming money, and racing for fun, as well as free roam.  I'm up to level 164 now.  Granted, it's not as easy to go up as it was back in the 'Down The Drain'/'Criminal Records' days, but it's still doable. 

guy I'm lucky if I play 3-5 hours a week.

I can understand that.  Certain times of the year I have very little time to play games.  Winter I have way more than in the summer.

dlow
  • dlow

Just an Old Man

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:53 PM

99% of my players kills were accidental, I swear :)

I once heard a news report that a man claimed he killed his wife by accident when he shoved her in front of a moving car, ......he told the Judge he meant to shove her in front of the tractor trailer and didn't see the car

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users